2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm about to suffer a call with them myself. I have an order that, per fedex tracking, has been sitting at the store since last Sunday waiting for pickup/dropoff with fedex.

This is intended to be a Christmas present so if it doesn't get in the mail soon it's going to miss the window.

Should have known better than to put a gift in their hands...

Hope y'all the best in dealing with GS.com reps.

This is why I never make large orders (and lately any used order) on GS. My experiences with GS.com have all been god awful. There is literally not one positive thing I can say about their customer service.

I'm about to suffer a call with them myself. I have an order that, per fedex tracking, has been sitting at the store since last Sunday waiting for pickup/dropoff with fedex.

This is intended to be a Christmas present so if it doesn't get in the mail soon it's going to miss the window.

Should have known better than to put a gift in their hands...
GS: “Sir you must wait 10 business days. It may take that long to get your item.
You: “But it hasn’t even been picked up yet!”
GS: “Sir you must wait 10 business days. It may take that long to get your item.

so during the b1g1 preowned on black friday I ordered ff7 remake and ghosts of tsushima. they came a couple of days later no problem. about 5 minutes after that I also ordered link's awakening and pokemon sword. which ended up being the same exact price but I don't think that is what caused this. to this day, the order still doesn't appear in my account history. at the one week mark I called customer service to figure out what was up cause I was curious as to if the order was even processed since they had my money for a week. they said the order had been delivered. I said that not only was it not delivered, it wasn't even showing in my account. so they sent me out a new order that I can only assume is coming sometime in the next week or two. but about an hour after that call the fedex guy showed up with the package. checked the tracking # on it and sure enough, fedex guy had claimed to have delivered it a few days prior.  so now I'm going to be in a situation where I basically paid 40 bucks and end up with two copies of each game. I'm not even sure how to go about fixing it and am tempted to just leave it alone because it was their mistake and fedex guy lying that created the situation. 

Just had an odd "Amount is not Valid" error at checkout (was doing a 50% on 5 order, no coupons) and Chrome, Firefox, App (iOS), all gave the same error ... until I tried Microsoft Edge... and the order went thru. Just thought I'd share  :whee:

I noticed this recently too. They make no mention of this when you're checking out, in your email order confirmation, in your order history, etc. I only saw it on the packing slip that they deducted ~$0.84 per item on the slip and clubbed it in a handling fee so that they keep that money when you return the item(s). Very, very sneaky, in my opinion.

I did hear that you can call their customer service to get this money refunded, though YMMV on whether or not it's worth your time.

Well consider me educated since I didn't know GS charges you for shipping when you return it. Got a better deal on a game elsewhere and needed to return part of my shipment, so when it came up over a dollar less than I paid originally the guy was even confused for a minute before figuring it out.

I'm not sure when the last time it was that I had actually ordered anything from them online, but I can tell you when the last time is.

I noticed this recently too. They make no mention of this when you're checking out, in your email order confirmation, in your order history, etc. I only saw it on the packing slip that they deducted ~$0.84 per item on the slip and clubbed it in a handling fee so that they keep that money when you return the item(s). Very, very sneaky, in my opinion.

I did hear that you can call their customer service to get this money refunded, though YMMV on whether or not it's worth your time.
yeah, my packing slip shows $2.50 and $2.49 deducted from the two items I ordered. So much for "free shipping" lol

so during the b1g1 preowned on black friday I ordered ff7 remake and ghosts of tsushima. they came a couple of days later no problem. about 5 minutes after that I also ordered link's awakening and pokemon sword. which ended up being the same exact price but I don't think that is what caused this. to this day, the order still doesn't appear in my account history. at the one week mark I called customer service to figure out what was up cause I was curious as to if the order was even processed since they had my money for a week. they said the order had been delivered. I said that not only was it not delivered, it wasn't even showing in my account. so they sent me out a new order that I can only assume is coming sometime in the next week or two. but about an hour after that call the fedex guy showed up with the package. checked the tracking # on it and sure enough, fedex guy had claimed to have delivered it a few days prior. so now I'm going to be in a situation where I basically paid 40 bucks and end up with two copies of each game. I'm not even sure how to go about fixing it and am tempted to just leave it alone because it was their mistake and fedex guy lying that created the situation.
Probably leave it be. Frankly, I'd be surprised if you ever get the alleged replacement order GS claims it will send out.

I called gamestop since my order had a game that was new but arrived non shrinkwrapped , scratches and fingerprints all over the disc. They were supposed to send a replacement and said I'd get an email within 24 hours and the item within 5 days...over 2 weeks later and nothing. Never got the email either. Is this common and am I just never gonna get a replacement?

Got to love fedex, still waiting on two orders

Tuesday , 12/08/2020
  • 2:34 am
    WAMSUTTER, WY
    In transit

• 2:06 am
    RAWLINS, WY
    In transit

• Monday , 12/07/2020
    1:49 pm
    RAWLINS, WY
    In transit

• 11:29 am
    WAMSUTTER, WY
    In transit

• Sunday , 12/06/2020
    11:13 pm
    WAMSUTTER, WY
    In transit

• 10:37 am
    RAWLINS, WY
    In transit

• Wednesday , 12/09/2020
    9:01 am
    TROUTDALE, OR
    In transit

• Tuesday , 12/08/2020
    2:18 pm
    TROUTDALE, OR
    In transit

• 2:18 am
    TROUTDALE, OR
    In transit

• Monday , 12/07/2020
    2:17 pm
    TROUTDALE, OR
    In transit

• 2:17 am
    TROUTDALE, OR
    In transit

• Sunday , 12/06/2020
    2:16 pm
    TROUTDALE, OR
    In transit

• 12:21 am
    TROUTDALE, OR
    In transit

For the record, the deduction of the shipping cost from the items sent is not new, as i pointed it out in annoyance on here several months ago. I haven't ordered anything from their website since, since it's such a crapshoot whether I get something in acceptable condition anyways.

At least they stopped stocking their retro games, I'm not as tempted by the ones that they still have that are overpriced, since it's annoying to get a game from them with all those little scratches from thier stupid equipment on labels and cartridge contact pins

GameStop should have a dedicated phone line for pro accounts, or maybe add a higher tier pro account with it for spending a certain amount per year.  They do have phone reps that can fix things pretty quick, but the majority of the time it seems like you are getting somebody on their first day of the job.  I had one I basically had to explain the concept of what a video game was.  “Yes, for the third time, this is a video game that I bought.”  “The statue or pin set, that is not a video game.”  

I was trying to order a $14.99 game. I redeemed a $5.00 reward for online purchases. It says it includes free shipping with the coupon? I try to check out and enter the code. Afterwards, it tells me the code is in my cart, but I see no changes. Does it not work on things already on sale?
I've never been able to get online coupons to work on items on sale. I think it might be possible to have it applied to an item in store if you explain the situation, but that depends on the quality and helpfulness of the employees (YMMV of course). I've used online coupons twice in the last few months--one on a regularly priced new PS4 slim, and once on a regularly priced T-shirt. Every time I've tried to apply it to either a sale item or a B1G1 type of order, it doesn't work. PITA (and typical GameStop). :wall:

Interesting... it looks like they just divide $4.99 by the number of items in your order too, based on what the other poster said. I wonder how legal this is.

For the record, the deduction of the shipping cost from the items sent is not new, as i pointed it out in annoyance on here several months ago. I haven't ordered anything from their website since, since it's such a crapshoot whether I get something in acceptable condition anyways.

At least they stopped stocking their retro games, I'm not as tempted by the ones that they still have that are overpriced, since it's annoying to get a game from them with like) little scratches from thier stupid equipment on labels and cartridge contact pins

Some, not all, of my recent gamestop packages have been ups mail innovations...which gets handed off to usps and then delivered days later (well past expected delivery date) by the post office.

this is aggravating because it almost guarantees the package to be late in my experience and the tracking worthless once handed off to usps.
Yep similar issues with ups sure post. Though lately they've been better about it and tracking has been working up till delivery. But yeah it usually spends a lot of time at the post office. Sometimes you have to go to the post office and get it yourself because of the tracking number hiccups. As it is often in the back somewhere and if they find it for you then you'd save the trouble of them eventually finding and delivering it later. I had one or two packages that took a month at the post office before they were delivered via sure post. It's a pain but it is what it is.

More than sneaky, it's 100% deceptive and not stated anywhere. I can't even google their return policy let alone find it on their site. They get away with it because nobody is willing to put that much time into a lawsuit over a dollar, myself included. But moot point since I simply won't make that mistake ever again.

Is there a cut off time to preorder in store? I would like to fully pay off cyberpunk before store closes and I’m stuck at work and won’t make it till they’re close to closing time.

Is there still a 30% trade boost preordering Cyberpunk?
My store said it wasn't showing up as an available promotion, but it's in the ad saying available until the 12th. Called his boss twice and ended up manually giving me an extra 30%, and then pro 10% kicked in on top of that. Traded Pokemon Sword + Shield ($38.61 each), and Let's go Pikachu ($24.31)

Went in last night to trade a few games and pay off my Cyberpunk preorder.  Everything was rung up, but the 20% bonus didn't apply (my 10% Pro did).  So they had to cancel my existing preorder and create a new one, then the 30% boost applied.  Just FYI.

Also, I was told that FedEx is waaaay backed up, to the point that they aren't coming by to pick up packages from that store for a few days.  I imagine it's that way across the country.

On the bright side, I had new copies of Yoshi & NSMBD show up actually sealed = Christmas miracle!

I called gamestop since my order had a game that was new but arrived non shrinkwrapped , scratches and fingerprints all over the disc. They were supposed to send a replacement and said I'd get an email within 24 hours and the item within 5 days...over 2 weeks later and nothing. Never got the email either. Is this common and am I just never gonna get a replacement?
Yes, common. You'll only get it be being relentless, which unfortunately at some point isn't worth it.

Went in last night to trade a few games and pay off my Cyberpunk preorder. Everything was rung up, but the 20% bonus didn't apply (my 10% Pro did). So they had to cancel my existing preorder and create a new one, then the 30% boost applied. Just FYI.

Also, I was told that FedEx is waaaay backed up, to the point that they aren't coming by to pick up packages from that store for a few days. I imagine it's that way across the country.

On the bright side, I had new copies of Yoshi & NSMBD show up actually sealed = Christmas miracle!
The USPS service hub in my city has 50 trailers of deliveries in their queue as of earlier today. You ain't getting shit without a bit of waiting, no matter who is shipping it.

Yep similar issues with ups sure post. Though lately they've been better about it and tracking has been working up till delivery. But yeah it usually spends a lot of time at the post office. Sometimes you have to go to the post office and get it yourself because of the tracking number hiccups. As it is often in the back somewhere and if they find it for you then you'd save the trouble of them eventually finding and delivering it later. I had one or two packages that took a month at the post office before they were delivered via sure post. It's a pain but it is what it is.
With UPS if you are a mychoice member which you can subscribe for cheap quite often. I paid $10 for a year but you can have all packages final delivery done by UPS instead of the post office. It is so much better. Stuff comes 1 to 2 days earlier than expected and I never have to worry about not getting something from USPS.

Went in last night to trade a few games and pay off my Cyberpunk preorder. Everything was rung up, but the 20% bonus didn't apply (my 10% Pro did). So they had to cancel my existing preorder and create a new one, then the 30% boost applied. Just FYI.
Yeah, preordered CP and got the 30% boost. It's still working auto pos today

back in November the CP2077 trade bump didnt work. Today it worked fine.

Also, I did an in store return for the online order I had. Showed them my invoice online that shows the FULL price not the deducted price where they slip in shipping. Got refunded the correct amount.

The USPS service hub in my city has 50 trailers of deliveries in their queue as of earlier today.  You ain't getting shit without a bit of waiting, no matter who is shipping it.
There's problems with every shipping service right now but everyone would rather just jump on the Fedex hating bandwagon instead of realizing this. One guy in this thread even blamed Fedex for a problem caused by USPS. There's also someone on here complaining about his packages "not being picked up" but he doesn't seem to realize that in some cases USPS is picking up packages and not scanning them until days later (yes, even acceptance scans are backed up). Some people don't live in metro areas where the facilities are completely backed up. That seems to be how life works in general, though. Anger and frustration are always taken out on a convenient target instead of the real source of the problem.

There's problems with every shipping service right now but everyone would rather just jump on the Fedex hating bandwagon instead of realizing this. One guy in this thread even blamed Fedex for a problem caused by USPS. There's also someone on here complaining about his packages "not being picked up" but he doesn't seem to realize that in some cases USPS is picking up packages and not scanning them until days later (yes, even acceptance scans are backed up). Some people don't live in metro areas where the facilities are completely backed up. That seems to be how life works in general, though. Anger and frustration are always taken out on a convenient target instead of the real source of the problem.
so... do you work for fedex? if not who cares who they are mad at?

Nah FedEx used to be decent, even delivering early if possible. It seems like they have taken on too many big contracts and their logistics cannot handle the volume. One of my orders got to my city last Friday, was on a delivery vehicle over the weekend but didn’t get delivered, and then sat in the warehouse until I finally got it about an hour ago.

I used to work for UPS, and they get a lot of crap, but there’s no excuses for the quality of service with FedEx right now...

Nah FedEx used to be decent, even delivering early if possible. It seems like they have taken on too many big contracts and their logistics cannot handle the volume. One of my orders got to my city last Friday, was on a delivery vehicle over the weekend but didn’t get delivered, and then sat in the warehouse until I finally got it about an hour ago.

I used to work for UPS, and they get a lot of crap, but there’s no excuses for the quality of service with FedEx right now...
I had 3 packages on the truck for delivery today but now they’re all pending. This has happened before with UPS but it’s worse with FedEx.

There's massive USPS delivery delays and problems right now. Stop blaming it all on Fedex. There's even first class and priority packages that are taking a month to deliver in some areas of the country and are stuck in transit. There's even areas where people are not getting mail daily because of the backups. Is Fedex perfect? No. Are the other carriers any better right now? No. It infuriates me to no end when I see Fedex getting blamed while the other carriers get a pass.
I know there are some backups, but FedEx is just bad. Even GameStop employees hate them. Meanwhile, I ordered Immortals from Target, which shipped Monday through UPS SmartPost, and is being delivered tomorrow by USPS.

Pretty sure FedEx just sucks and is the worst of the three by far currently.

Are we able to use a 5 and 10 dollar reward to renew pro?
I actually used the $10 game coin from pre-ordering/pre-paying for FIFA 21 toward renewing my Pro in-store. I think it was during one of the 'renew and get 10,000 points' promos later in October because the game coin takes a few days to post. I don't know if it would work online. I'm guessing YMMV as usual, but worth a shot.

Got to love fedex, still waiting on two orders

Tuesday , 12/08/2020

• 2:34 am

WAMSUTTER, WY
    In transit

• 2:06 am

RAWLINS, WY
    In transit

• Monday , 12/07/2020

1:49 pm

RAWLINS, WY
    In transit

• 11:29 am

WAMSUTTER, WY
    In transit

• Sunday , 12/06/2020

11:13 pm

WAMSUTTER, WY
    In transit

• 10:37 am

RAWLINS, WY
    In transit

• Wednesday , 12/09/2020

9:01 am

TROUTDALE, OR
    In transit

• Tuesday , 12/08/2020

2:18 pm

TROUTDALE, OR
    In transit

• 2:18 am

TROUTDALE, OR
    In transit

• Monday , 12/07/2020

2:17 pm

TROUTDALE, OR
    In transit

• 2:17 am

TROUTDALE, OR
    In transit

• Sunday , 12/06/2020

2:16 pm

TROUTDALE, OR
    In transit

• 12:21 am

TROUTDALE, OR
    In transit
</p>
The Troutdale FedEx is a black hole. My stuff always spends several days there.

Would GameCoin apply for two copies of a game on different consoles? If no one knows I’ll test it out when I pick up this morning, plan to G2L one of them.

"For technical reasons, your request could not be handled properly at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience."

Trying to shop on their site/app is such a terrible experience, constant issues. Tried refreshing, clearing cookies, logging out/back in, restarting, different browsers, guess its just a bug hopefully it gets fixed before the 50% sale is up, was about to buy a ton of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back