2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
That should be fine, even on the same item. I don’t think you can use multiple of the same coupon, but you can stack different coupons.
Hopefully you're right. I have in the past with reward certs but these specifically say one per visit in the terms.

"For technical reasons, your request could not be handled properly at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience."

Trying to shop on their site/app is such a terrible experience, constant issues. Tried refreshing, clearing cookies, logging out/back in, restarting, different browsers, guess its just a bug hopefully it gets fixed before the 50% sale is up, was about to buy a ton of stuff.
Question about their site: am I stupid or can you not filter by platform?

Not sure if this YMMV, but for Chase cardholders I got these 2 offers: 10% cashback on Freedom Unlimited, 20% cash back on Freedom.

Not really a Gamestop shopper, so now I just gotta figure out how to use these successfully.

Question about their site: am I stupid or can you not filter by platform?
Yeah, I had difficulty with that too. I don’t think it can be used as a filter, but the top left menu button on the Home Screen, if you click video games it will have a list of platforms, can start a search that way and browse.

When blockbuster thought they could run a netflix competitor from the stores, they had us manually taking discs to the post office too. Worked out great for that industry  :whistle2:

I just picked up Cyberpunk (X1), G2L is
EBC 3065222
I wonder if I take it back in, will they require the slipcover, the map, and all the other bonuses? They are not included in the case but just sandwiched between the slipcover in the case.

Also, can anyone confirm if the trade bonus still works if you are buying cyberpunk today without a pre-order?

I know there are some backups, but FedEx is just bad. Even GameStop employees hate them. Meanwhile, I ordered Immortals from Target, which shipped Monday through UPS SmartPost, and is being delivered tomorrow by USPS.

Pretty sure FedEx just sucks and is the worst of the three by far currently.
Can confirm, FedEx is trash and has been all year. Nothing from them has made the estimated delivery and is usually 1-3 days late.

My current issue is a delivery I had refunded yesterday because the package has been in 'exception' and 'holding package' since the 25th of Nov. Makes absolutely no sense because items from that same order shipped just a day before and made it no problem. Of course it was a Christmas present and OOS now, so I'm still hopeful it finally delivers (especially now that it's free) but FedEx has been the only carrier with this issue out of them all.

I traded in some games today when I picked up my (paid off) pre-prder for the PS4 and got the 30% trade bonus.

There was no G2L code on my receipt though! Is it only G2L on the Xbox?
Weird. I got it for Xbox and it had the GL code. It's on Saturday 10/12, rather than the usual Sunday.

I’m going to be returning Cyberpunk. I paid for it with trade credit.

Should I open it and return it under G2L.

Or just return as new?

Do you earn points for trading it in under G2L? Would I recoup tax cost if I return it new?

What's it mean when you are signed in but when you click view cart you get "For technical reasons, your request could not be handled properly at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience."

Can confirm, FedEx is trash and has been all year. Nothing from them has made the estimated delivery and is usually 1-3 days late.

My current issue is a delivery I had refunded yesterday because the package has been in 'exception' and 'holding package' since the 25th of Nov. Makes absolutely no sense because items from that same order shipped just a day before and made it no problem. Of course it was a Christmas present and OOS now, so I'm still hopeful it finally delivers (especially now that it's free) but FedEx has been the only carrier with this issue out of them all.
Funny enough, the delivery I got from FedEx today...shows delivered, but nowhere to be found 😂

My dmc from target is arriving today from ups. Cyberpunk is being delivered by FedEx which has just departed. I never knew how bad FedEx was until they pissed me off. Now I’m not expecting cyber to arrive any time soon

So not only did my GS order take 2 weeks to arrive, when I finally got it the case is totally crushed and they sent me the totally wrong game.  It looks easy enough to do a return on their webpage but since it's gamestop I am skeptical.  It claims I can print out a prepaid fed ex label and do an exchange.  Is it really that easy or since I got it in a promo (4 for 30), will they mess this up?  Is a return really that easy or what is the catch?

Lame. Apparently the $30 for 300 reward cert didn't work on my digital xbox Cyberpunk preorder.

I'm gonna call later and see what they can do. 

The catch is that it'll probably take a month to get to them during this time of year (if it doesn't get lost completely) and if or when they actually receive it they will probably manage to screw it up by giving you the wrong amount back or something else not in your favor. You can also try just taking it back to a local store which might have better results depending on how competent you local stores are. Some stores easily do online returns while others have employees that don't know how to do them properly and screw them up as well or try to reject them.
Yeah, I looked again and this was actually from the B1G1 promo. I am afraid I may return it and then they will say it's the free game, keep it, and give me back nothing. Thankfully it was only a $9.99 game. If i can make it to a Gamestop store in time for a return I'll try it. Probably not worth the risk of mailing it back and potentially losing the game (even though its not one i wanted) and not getting anything.

i dont know how anyone can defend fedex right now.   two days in a row my package has been on the truck for delivery and twice they've decide, fuck that, we'll just change the delivery to pending and go home.  

i dont know how anyone can defend fedex right now. two days in a row my package has been on the truck for delivery and twice they've decide, fuck that, we'll just change the delivery to pending and go home.
Mine did that 8 days in a row (no joke). First they said due to "weather delay" then the last few said that a delivery exception was requested by me.

I thought they threw a pack of promotional mints in with my Cyberpunk, but it's a pretty sweet pendant/chain. One of the better pre-order bonuses I've had from GameStop.

I wonder if I take it back in, will they require the slipcover, the map, and all the other bonuses? They are not included in the case but just sandwiched between the slipcover in the case.
I traded in my copy G2L today as the 2 discs only. Will probably vary by employee though.

Kept the physical stuff to go along with my 1X cyberpunk console. Sadly, most of the game looks pretty terrible running on it.

I traded in some games today when I picked up my (paid off) pre-prder for the PS4 and got the 30% trade bonus.

There was no G2L code on my receipt though! Is it only G2L on the Xbox?
I also got the 30% boost towards my Cyberpunk pre-order, which I did not pre-pay in full. I got the G2❤️ code for ps4.
Of note, my $10 coupon for spending $60 could not be used. Associate could not figure out why 🤷🏽

Fedex wise I haven't had many issues with them since the switch over besides the occasional post office delivery which I run into with ups so its moot there.

My first order from the 50% off sale arrived today sans 1 copy of blood stained which will be coming later by itself. It's in warren Mi so that explains why it likely wont come till after xmas going by the others mentioning there.

bubble mailer 1 had Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity complete

final fantasy explorers cart only in one of those plastic things

Second bubble mailer

bravely 2nd end layer in a generic case no case art or inserts

hello neigbor switch brand new (failed upwards since I ordered preowned)

Crayola scoot brand new (lucked out again)

3rd part which came in a box 

Deadpool xbox360 complete

Sid Meier's Civilization VI x2 complete

Let's sing country new and sealed

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night 1x complete

Cave Story Plus case and cart only no case art or inserts

Soldam: Drop, Connect, Erase complete

Surprised I got so many complete since usually stuff comes generic case only a good portion of the time. Biggest surprise was the 3ds and xbox360 games coming complete.  As those are rarely ever complete due to being older gen. 

All 3 of these came 3 days ahead of the estimation to boot.

Here's hoping order 2 with 7 deadly sins dotd comes similarly. 

Coupon only works on used games or accessories.
Thanks, but it does not say coupon is to be used on a pre-owned item.

Edit: I stand corrected!
Limit one coupon per customer. Coupon cannot be use on POSA, gift cards, new Hardware and new Software.

I also got the 30% boost towards my Cyberpunk pre-order, which I did not pre-pay in full. I got the G2❤ code for ps4.
Of note, my $10 coupon for spending $60 could not be used. Associate could not figure out why
If it helps the coupon did not work on physical eshop card but the associate was able to apply towards a $10 digital eshop code. YMMV if you want to try to use on digital currency (Xbox, PSN, eShop).

Testing out the $5 monthly coupon on my shopping cart and found it didn't apply yet is still in my cart. There's no option to cancel the coupon like there used to be. Is there a way to cancel it? I want to make sure I still have the coupon for next time.

Got the rest of my PS4 Black Friday order the other day. I ended up getting Star Wars squadrons, Sakura Wars, and MK 11 Ultimate. Came out to like 50 bucks I think with buy 2 get 1 free pre-owned. First 2 games came with cases, and Squadrons was still in shrink wrap, woohoo.

Sadly, MK11 Ultimate was in a generic case and it seems like the PS5 Upgrade and Kombat Pack 2 (and some of the skins) were possibly supposed to be included in a code, which of course was not included. Seems like it includes Kombat Pack 1 and I think the big Aftermath expansion and a few of the skins. So it is essentially the Aftermath Kollection. Probably should have done some research, but if anyone was curious... now you know. I'm not terribly bummed since I was just going to play story mode and mess around in it a bit, and nothing else was calling to me as a third game choice at the time. Shame about the PS5 upgrade (even though I decided not to buy one anytime soon.)

Something cool but YMMV: I had a $10 PUR in store coupon (that I redeemed 10000 points for) and the associate told me it could actually be used towards my already-fully-paid off Cyberpunk preorder. Through some trickery he applied it to the preorder and then gave me the $10 back through a physical gift card?!

Got the rest of my PS4 Black Friday order the other day. I ended up getting Star Wars squadrons, Sakura Wars, and MK 11 Ultimate. Came out to like 50 bucks I think with buy 2 get 1 free pre-owned. First 2 games came with cases, and Squadrons was still in shrink wrap, woohoo.

Sadly, MK11 Ultimate was in a generic case and it seems like the PS5 Upgrade and Kombat Pack 2 (and some of the skins) were possibly supposed to be included in a code, which of course was not included. Seems like it includes Kombat Pack 1 and I think the big Aftermath expansion and a few of the skins. So it is essentially the Aftermath Kollection. Probably should have done some research, but if anyone was curious... now you know. I'm not terribly bummed since I was just going to play story mode and mess around in it a bit, and nothing else was calling to me as a third game choice at the time. Shame about the PS5 upgrade (even though I decided not to buy one anytime soon.)
Strangely enough, MK11 Ultimate on PS4 is all on disc, which is why I'm picking up that version.

Something cool but YMMV: I had a $10 PUR in store coupon (that I redeemed 10000 points for) and the associate told me it could actually be used towards my already-fully-paid off Cyberpunk preorder. Through some trickery he applied it to the preorder and then gave me the $10 back through a physical gift card?!
Wow. A GameStop associate actually helping a customer in a way that didn't personally benefit the associate? :shock:

I got a call from GameStop saying my pre order is ready for pickup. Is there any way I can see my instore pre orders anymore? Pretty sure I was able to with old app. Also if I do pick it up would I be eligible for the $20 game coin for cyberpunk and will it have G2L

Sorry if I'm late to all the "FedEx sucks" talk, but a lot of it could also depend on the contractor that owns your route. My drivers always complained about the owner blowing all of his money on sports cars and shit, while they were understaffed and their trucks were breaking down left and right. My last driver delivered in a rented Penske truck for months, and didn't want his regular truck to get fixed since it didn't have AC or lights in the back.

Lucky you, I tried this and the associate argued that it's a waste of the coupon, as I'd lose it since the game was already paid off. I calmly asked him to try it and we'll see what happens, and when it worked he S right TFU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back