2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
They dropped PS5 and Xbox Series X orders today in store at 4pm, exactly as you described. It was basically sold out with lines out the door by 4:05, but apparently their online orders in-store suck, so my friend ended up waiting 2.5 hours anyway in line to get a PS5. Also bundles only, as Gamestop has always done it.
That explains why there was a 50+ person line outside my local store this evening. Couldn't tell if it was related to PS5/Xbox orders or just a crazy combination of holiday shoppers up against the in-store person limit... needless to say, I wasn't about to wait in that line just to pick up my $2.50 copy of final fantasy XV.

Don't suppose there's a way to pull up a receipt for an in-store order from earlier this year?
Not in store but if you used your power up account and know the date of the purchase you can call customer service and they can pull up the purchase and email you a replacement receipt. I did this a while back when I had to return a turtle beach headset under manufacturers warranty and turtle beach required a copy of the receipt.

Why keep the case if the plan is to throw it away in the long run? Most people rather purchase the used game complete.
The point is that it doesn't matter what I do with the video game case that I paid for. If someone wants a video game case, buy it new or off eBay. Or better yet, complain to Gamestop or don't buy used games from Gamestop to "vote with your wallet."

These people shaming others for not trading in a case to a place that doesn't require it or calling strangers on the internet @$$holes for it need some help.

The point is that it doesn't matter what I do with the video game case that I paid for. If someone wants a video game case, buy it new or off eBay. Or better yet, complain to Gamestop or don't buy used games from Gamestop to "vote with your wallet."

These people shaming others for not trading in a case to a place that doesn't require it or calling strangers on the internet @$$holes for it need some help.
You didnt pay for it if you are basically returning the game with the G2L promo though

While you are well within the rules to return stuff like that, the social penalty of being listed by the store manager ( who cares what people on a forum say ) as a cheapass isn't the best when you need to ask for a favor later (I've had a pickup order using a monthly cert cancelled, showed it to the SM and he took $5 off that day's order.. stuff like that).

That said, I always keep 1x cover art of games I like. (got plenty of cases) I've traded in games in bulk w/o cases (use the steelbook lego case to carry up to 24 switch games, or just have some spare gamestop yellow sleeves for discs :razz: With COVID, some prefer not to handle cases these days.

B5 50%OFF for 29.99 and under titles is a really good deal.
I only picked up some copies of :switch: Mario Sonic, :switch: Catherine, and a few :switch: Lego titles to even out (hopefully) the eventual trade back in. Feel a bit disappointed in only 1 order so far at this price point again .... but I find it crazy that The Last of Us Part 2 is $14 used already. :whee:

50% off 29.99 and under games if you buy 5+ is back. I always have to bite...
Had a pretty good batch of xbone games this time.
GTAV
Ass creed ezio collection
Super monkey ball
Avengers ($14, and I just traded it in for 21 earlier towards cyberpunk)
Watch dogs (lol I traded this in a while ago and forgot about the game. Still have Watchdogs 2 unplayed)

$53.90 after tax and all

Ugh these dumbasses wanna encourage store pickup but ori is showing as unavailable for pickup on the site. I know damn well my store had it. I saw it.

I'm sure if I use coupons to lower it, it'll no longer ship for free right?

Ugh these dumbasses wanna encourage store pickup but ori is showing as unavailable for pickup on the site. I know damn well my store had it. I saw it.
I'm sure if I use coupons to lower it, it'll no longer ship for free right?
Store pickup is essentially “off” since Black Friday. If your subtotal drops below 35 then yes you pay for shipping

I find it interesting/incompetent that today's (12/13) marketing email has a spend60/get10 graphic.  Yet the fine print mentions at least one promo ending 12/12/2020.

So I have no idea if it will apply to the $105 order I just made. 
shrug.gif

I've had something similar happen to me a few years ago.

I ordered something for around 25 bucks with a coupon code and wanted to do store pickup. But for some reason it said the item was unavailable and shipping was 5 dollars putting it right back at full price of 30 bucks. But when I took off the coupon, suddenly the item was available for store pickup for the full 30 bucks. So I would have ended up paying the same price either way with or without the coupon. Scummy scummy scummy. I made a mental note to absolutely never shop there again after that and that was around 5 years ago now.

For all the hate that gets thrown at GS, they do come through clutch if you know when to strike. I was able to secure a ps5 disc bundle yesterday. I was third in line when I arrived at 4:03 pm EST. I had to wait about 2 hours to buy it but that beats camping out overnight. Their b1g1 on thanksgiving night was fantastic and likely the best game deal this black Friday! I also brought demons souls ps5 preowned for $45 (30% off) yesterday after buying MK11 aftermath :ps4: for $29.99. Not too shabby.

50% off 29.99 and under games if you buy 5+ is back. I always have to bite...
Had a pretty good batch of xbone games this time.
GTAV
Ass creed ezio collection
Super monkey ball
Avengers ($14, and I just traded it in for 21 earlier towards cyberpunk)
Watch dogs (lol I traded this in a while ago and forgot about the game. Still have Watchdogs 2 unplayed)

$53.90 after tax and all
Yeah I made out pretty well with this. Between more recent sale games (Last of Us II, Jedi Fallen Order) and older titles that tend to stay at a higher price (Skyrim PSVR, AC Odyssey, RDR II) I got all of these for less than $15 each - I think that's better than most of my black friday hauls.

I've had something similar happen to me a few years ago.

I ordered something for around 25 bucks with a coupon code and wanted to do store pickup. But for some reason it said the item was unavailable and shipping was 5 dollars putting it right back at full price of 30 bucks. But when I took off the coupon, suddenly the item was available for store pickup for the full 30 bucks. So I would have ended up paying the same price either way with or without the coupon. Scummy scummy scummy. I made a mental note to absolutely never shop there again after that and that was around 5 years ago now.
So...why are you here. To share a years-old anecdote about your bad experience. Life is too short to hold grudges.

For all the hate that gets thrown at GS, they do come through clutch if you know when to strike. I was able to secure a ps5 disc bundle yesterday. I was third in line when I arrived at 4:03 pm EST. I had to wait about 2 hours to buy it but that beats camping out overnight. Their b1g1 on thanksgiving night was fantastic and likely the best game deal this black Friday! I also brought demons souls ps5 preowned for $45 (30% off) yesterday after buying MK11 aftermath :ps4: for $29.99. Not too shabby.
A manager called me up to let me know I could come in and order it after the fiasco that happened 4pm with lines around the corner and the throes of people waiting and complaining and then eventually giving up. It pays off to be nice to employees.

A manager called me up to let me know I could come in
Same. I left at around 5 pm with a voucher. Got home, mngr called me around 6 pm. Got back to GS when the lines had disappeared and walked out with a receipt and paid for ps5 disc bundle by 6:45 pm. Of note, I used my GS gift cards that I got from dollar general at 15% off ($105 savings) to payoff the entire $700+ tax bundle. CAG paying dividends!

Umm for some reason Gamestop's website won't let me go to my cart to checkout. It was glitching last night so I thought I'd try in the morning and it's still glitched. Has this happened to anybody else here before? Everytime I click my cart to check out it pops up with this.

"For technical reasons, your request could not be handled properly at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience"

Its done this on different browsers and the gamestop app whenever I sign into my GS account.

Umm for some reason Gamestop's website won't let me go to my cart to checkout. It was glitching last night so I thought I'd try in the morning and it's still glitched. Has this happened to anybody else here before? Everytime I click my cart to check out it pops up with this.

"For technical reasons, your request could not be handled properly at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience"

Its done this on different browsers and the gamestop app whenever I sign into my GS account.
You do anything to get banned?

Having the same problem here where the cart gives me an error. Tried my iOS app and laptop using chrome browser. Signed out of both but same problem after signing back in also.

I don't think so. I haven't ordered anything through the gamestop website for at least a year or two. I've traded in like 4 games this entire year too so I don't think that'd ban me.
I had a weird message last weekend that said invalid amount whenever I tried to check out. It eventually stopped but idk what it was from

I don't think so. I haven't ordered anything through the gamestop website for at least a year or two. I've traded in like 4 games this entire year too so I don't think that'd ban me.
I would just create a new account. This happened to me a while ago (prob not the exact same tbh g) and I just abandoned the account.

Edit: Actually I didn’t even create a new account. I only checkout via PayPal now. I get it if you’re a pro member you can’t just abandon your existing account.

I had a weird message last weekend that said invalid amount whenever I tried to check out. It eventually stopped but idk what it was from
That happens, to me at least, when I've added a gift card to my order but then don't checkout. The amount applied sticks, regardless of what you're buying, so if your cart ends up less than that amount and you try to checkout, it gives you that.

That happens, to me at least, when I've added a gift card to my order but then don't checkout. The amount applied sticks, regardless of what you're buying, so if your cart ends up less than that amount and you try to checkout, it gives you that.
That's exactly what must've happened. Their website feels like the year 2000 still

Just spoke to a gs rep on the phone after a 75 minute wait. Was told after the console sales yesterday many users are having issues with checking out and it’s expected with be fixed within 24-48 hours.

Just spoke to a gs rep on the phone after a 75 minute wait. Was told after the console sales yesterday many users are having issues with checking out and it’s expected with be fixed within 24-48 hours.
Best way I found to fix checkout issues is to just reset the cart. Go to cart filled with random crap > logout > add *new* item to cart > log in. And your cart should just have just the 1 item. Refill and checkout!

Best way I found to fix checkout issues is to just reset the cart. Go to cart filled with random crap > logout > add *new* item to cart > log in. And your cart should just have just the 1 item. Refill and checkout!
Can’t even get into the cart as it spins and gives an Error never showing what’s in the cart when though I have 5 things in it. iOS app has the issue and same problem on laptop browser. Logging out and on does not fix it .

Can’t even get into the cart as it spins and gives an Error never showing what’s in the cart when though I have 5 things in it. iOS app has the issue and same problem on laptop browser. Logging out and on does not fix it .
Gamestop.com > Log out > add 1 random item to cart > Log in > Cart should still only have 1 item > ???

Gamestop.com > Log out > add 1 random item to cart > Log in > Cart should still only have 1 item > ???
It just started working on both phone and laptop was about to try this. I am able to modify the cart and see what's in it now. Hopefully the problem is fixed.

Question about game coins I am trying to use it online and I tested with a new and also pre owned game seperately and both would not take a $10 game coin.

Do these game coins only work in store? If it's only in store can I use 2x of the $10 game coin ($20 total) on 1 transaction?

Omg, this worked. I was having the same issues as others, my cart was basically frozen and I couldn't edit it. Thanks!

Instore only as far as I've seen. I used my 2x10 coins on a $20 steam wallet card today with no issue.
thanks for that info. Hoping someone can chime in to confirm you can use 2 game coins to buy a new or used game in store. Looking to maybe get devil may cry 5 SE on PS5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back