2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked it up during the Target B2G1 cancellation method, I still haven't opened it. How long did it take you to platinum? Might be the only thing that's keeping me from returning it
Like 50-60ish hours? Though I had the luck of finishing right before they released a bunch of big fixes in the last patch, which would have probably cut like 5+ hours off atleast due to glitches I had

I picked up Cyberpunk from my local Gamestop on Thursday but still have yet to receive the game coins.  I preordered the game in October.  I haven't preordered for this kind of credit before so I'm not sure if this kind of wait is unusual or not.  Is it supposed to show up in the active offers page?  Is anyone else still waiting for their game coins from this?

I picked up Cyberpunk from my local Gamestop on Thursday but still have yet to receive the game coins. I preordered the game in October. I haven't preordered for this kind of credit before so I'm not sure if this kind of wait is unusual or not. Is it supposed to show up in the active offers page? Is anyone else still waiting for their game coins from this?
It'll show up in the active offers. But did you have it fully paid off? Because if you didn't, you won't get the game coin. As GS changed the T&C for game coins back in October to only allowing it for fully paid off pre-orders before release day.

I was buying a bunch of Switch games on Sunday and the lady asked me to renew and said I'd get 10000 points if I did because they're running a promotion. I honestly didn't believe her but I'm sick of getting asked so I just did it. Low and behold I got my $5 coupon on my receipt and 10000 points added today. YMMV, don't see it advertised anywhere.

I was buying a bunch of Switch games on Sunday and the lady asked me to renew and said I'd get 10000 points if I did because they're running a promotion. I honestly didn't believe her but I'm sick of getting asked so I just did it. Low and behold I got my $5 coupon on my receipt and 10000 points added today. YMMV, don't see it advertised anywhere.
Same.. Except it was a guy for me.

It'll show up in the active offers. But did you have it fully paid off? Because if you didn't, you won't get the game coin. As GS changed the T&C for game coins back in October to only allowing it for fully paid off pre-orders before release day.
Yes, it was fully paid off. I've reached out to their customer service on the issue. To be honest, I've had issues like this with Gamestop a several times this past year. If they can't resolve this quickly and easily, this will probably be the last time I do business with them. Best Buy has been considerably better for everything.

Yes, it was fully paid off. I've reached out to their customer service on the issue. To be honest, I've had issues like this with Gamestop a several times this past year. If they can't resolve this quickly and easily, this will probably be the last time I do business with them. Best Buy has been considerably better for everything.
Lol another "I'm never shopping here again!"

Mario Party: The Top 100 for 3DS is not on GameStop.com if you search or browse but using a search engine will take you to the page. What's that about? Maybe a setting to hide the item from results was inadvertently enabled?

Update: Seems WarioWare Gold acts the same. Maybe those pages weren't added to the index for some reason.

Mario Party: The Top 100 for 3DS is not on GameStop.com if you search or browse but using a search engine will take you to the page. What's that about? Maybe a setting to hide the item from results was inadvertently enabled?

Update: Seems WarioWare Gold acts the same. Maybe those pages weren't added to the index for some reason.
There's a number of pages like that because of gamestops site being a disaster. Ys 8 switch is another one.

My last game from the earlier 50% off order bloodstained switch came complete. So everything complete besides cave story plus, final fantasy explorers and bravely second.

There was finally corrected fine print in today's email about this week's spend $60 / get $10 promo.  

PowerUp Rewards Player/Pro Members are eligible to receive a $10 coupon when you buy $60 or more in a single transaction 12/13/2020 – 12/19/2020. Coupon will be delivered to active offers starting 12/27/2020. See store associate for more details. No dealers. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

There was finally corrected fine print in today's email about this week's spend $60 / get $10 promo.

PowerUp Rewards Player/Pro Members are eligible to receive a $10 coupon when you buy $60 or more in a single transaction 12/13/2020 – 12/19/2020. Coupon will be delivered to active offers starting 12/27/2020. See store associate for more details. No dealers. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
I see there's nothing about "Limit 1 per customer." Was is possible to get multiple in past promos?

I see there's nothing about "Limit 1 per customer." Was is possible to get multiple in past promos?
Cags here reported getting multiple $30 certs from the spend 300 / get 30 that ran a month or two ago. Cannot say if this will be the same. But I broke off my 3 orders of 50% promo games at the $60-65 range for this reason.

Eh I never got the 10 from the last spend 60 or the 30 from the spend 300 :/  I figure if I get anything cool beans but otherwise to just not expect them. 

Aw crap they ran out of a few titles I wanted that fit in the 5/50% off promo.  Got jebaited hard by the stupid PUR renewal coupon requiring a visit to the store and wanted to hold off for the extra points.

Aw crap they ran out of a few titles I wanted that fit in the 5/50% off promo. Got jebaited hard by the stupid PUR renewal coupon requiring a visit to the store and wanted to hold off for the extra points.
I don't recommend using the store to home same day delivery option but assuming its available that works even when it says out of stock on the website. incase you are interested in going that route when I used it once in the past. Do be advised that its 8$ fee for the "shipping" and all they do is leave it by your front door with the paper invoice. No bag or anything.

I don't recommend using the store to home same day delivery option but assuming its available that works even when it says out of stock on the website. incase you are interested in going that route when I used it once in the past. Do be advised that its 8$ fee for the "shipping" and all they do is leave it by your front door with the paper invoice. No bag or anything.
None of the titles I want qualify for that anyways and there's no store stock within 200 miles. Not being able to use that damn coupon online drives me up a wall.

I broke down and bought 8 games for $100 after tax.  7 used, 1 new.  I got Mario Rabbids for $9.49 and picked up a new copy of Sayonara Wild Hearts (PS4) for $9.  In the mood for arcade games and almost picked up Streets of Rage 4 for $15 as well, but it's on Gamepass so I'll just play it there. 

Also decided to play through the Fast and Furious Crossroads campaign.  Hopefully it's as bad as everyone is saying, should be hilarious.  

What is the best time to renew powerup rewards in order to get the $5 monthly coupon?

Mine expires on Dec 27th. I think i didnt get my january 2020 coupon since it was too close to end of month. If i sign up too early, lets say Jan 3rd won't i miss the coupon for the January month anyway? What I want to do is sign my wife up (and baby if they would let me lol) at same time. But i first want to make sure the $5 reward still works on gaming cards in 2021 (psn, Microsoft, eshop). Thats all im using the membership for these days so a little concerned about policy changes when the new year starts.

What is the best time to renew powerup rewards in order to get the $5 monthly coupon?

Mine expires on Dec 27th. I think i didnt get my january 2020 coupon since it was too close to end of month. If i sign up too early, lets say Jan 3rd won't i miss the coupon for the January month anyway? What I want to do is sign my wife up (and baby if they would let me lol) at same time. But i first want to make sure the $5 reward still works on gaming cards in 2021 (psn, Microsoft, eshop). Thats all im using the membership for these days so a little concerned about policy changes when the new year starts.
I renewed my Pro yesterday and it expires on 12/31/2020. Employee said it is good on currency cards.

You can just ask the employee to charge you for a $5 Xbox Live code and apply the monthly coupon. It will print on the receipt. I was able to do it earlier this month.

So are people who only got a $10 game coin and not $20 for CP2077 having any luck getting the 10000 points added to your accounts? I called and was told it was only $10 total and they have not records of a $20 game coin or getting two $10 game coins total for it.

Heh. GameStop giant banner ad: Star Wars Squadrons 50% off and $39.99 is crossed out next to a huge $19.99.

Scroll down and the game is actually $16.99.

Strange advertising tactic...

Has anyone had luck with an order you placed that doesn't show up in your order history and doesn't show up in their system when you search for order details?

Placed an order 12/10 and can't find anything about it other than my order confirmation email. Thankfully, I was able to quickly reorder these Christmas gift items elsewhere to be delivered in time, but I've never had this problem like some have with GameStop.

Just hoping that they're backed up and this will eventually come, and I can return it all.

did my first same-day delivery order this morning...be interesting to see if i actually get it at a reasonable hour...

originally said i'd get it by 1pm if i place it in 2+ hours...tried to place it and it told me it wasn't available to be delivered to my address...went back and tried to order again and the same message popped up...was about to go back again but all of a sudden an order confirmation page loaded...i get the confirmation email but it's saying i'll get it by 8pm...i'm at work and get off at 7pm so hoping it sticks closer to the original 1pm time...

Still haven't received a refund for a same-day delivery order that was lost on 12/3. Got nowhere with standard customer service and just filed a BBB complaint. What other options do I have?

If you paid with a cc, you could file a chargeback.
Thanks! it was a debit card.

Edit: OK, looked into it. It actually says "Credit card VISA" under payment method on my order (though I used my bank debit card.) Does this mean it went through as a credit card purchase?

did my first same-day delivery order this morning...be interesting to see if i actually get it at a reasonable hour...

originally said i'd get it by 1pm if i place it in 2+ hours...tried to place it and it told me it wasn't available to be delivered to my address...went back and tried to order again and the same message popped up...was about to go back again but all of a sudden an order confirmation page loaded...i get the confirmation email but it's saying i'll get it by 8pm...i'm at work and get off at 7pm so hoping it sticks closer to the original 1pm time...
got the order and went to my closest store to return/rebuy without tax and with a certificate....no issues at all

Thanks! it was a debit card.

Edit: OK, looked into it. It actually says "Credit card VISA" under payment method on my order (though I used my bank debit card.) Does this mean it went through as a credit card purchase?
I recommend you contact your bank and tell them the story. You can even do it through online chat at a lot of banks. They will likely permit the chargeback.

And yes, debit can be charged as credit. A credit card gives you a line of credit, while debit cards require you have the money in your bank when the credit transaction is charged.

It’s best not to straddle that 2k limit. That said, I’m at 3x cyberpunk for both systems already.

I traded ass creed G2l toward Cold War and Cold War towards Cold War with other games. The promos remain separate.

That person was probably impatient. The game coins come through unless the asssociate runs a return instead of a trade.

After much trial and error and somefailures, here’s what I learned:

If you use a coin ($10 or $30), it will invalidate other promos. No buy new 29.99 game get 30% off preowned. No 20% trade bonus towards preorder/paying off.

The coins won’t stack. At best, your coin will go toward another item or the GPG they try to add on. At worst, you notice what they did after and now you have to call customer support because they used two $30 coins which invalidated the trade bump and went toward the GPG.

Point redemption coupons and monthly $5 stack and stack and stack. Trade bonus. B1 29.99 G1 30%. Don’t gotta worry here except if you drop t he price of your new game to under 29.99.

Lastly, G2L are limit one per transaction. You can’t trade both and get 59.99 each. Only one will get the promo.

Oh, and don't try to combine the trade bonus with the B1 29.99 G1 30%. Again, Only one will apply
Edit: Sorry I didn't see that you mentioned reward certs and game coins would stack.

Still haven't received a refund for a same-day delivery order that was lost on 12/3. Got nowhere with standard customer service and just filed a BBB complaint. What other options do I have?
Happened to me - I called until one of them fixed it. The idiot decides to refund me in GS credit instead of charging it back to my credit card. I was pretty livid - but I just took the L and spent it on something

Like 50-60ish hours? Though I had the luck of finishing right before they released a bunch of big fixes in the last patch, which would have probably cut like 5+ hours off atleast due to glitches I had
Hmm might be worth keeping it around for that. Thanks!

Today only online, GS has Uber Eats and Doordash gift cards for 20% off. I picked up a $50 Uber Eats card for $40. That will make up for the fees they charge. Plus if you make a purchase when they have a deal going on, even better. The gift card is sent in your email right away. Some people on the SD board have said they couldn't get the purchase to work using Paypal. I didn't bother trying, used a CC and it worked just fine.
You can also use DoorDash to pickup in store orders from GS. I've seen their delivery people come in for people's orders in the last couple of weeks.

You can just ask the employee to charge you for a $5 Xbox Live code and apply the monthly coupon. It will print on the receipt. I was able to do it earlier this month.
I renewed my Pro yesterday and it expires on 12/31/2020. Employee said it is good on currency cards.
Yes i know. I've been buying the gaming cards all of 2020. Policy can change when new year starts (like bby, target gift card policies) so im waiting till Jan to see if its still applicable. Just trying to figure out best timing to renew and get my family on the membership.

Strange your membership ends at end of month on the 31st instead of exactly 1 year later like mine is now. They do seem to change policies at any time. Sometimes certs and coupons work, sometimes not, etc, etc.

I think he means the $5 coupon on the receipt (that you get for signing up) expires on the 31st.

Don't renew on the last days of the month, unless you plan on using the coupon right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back