2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered PS5 bundle and gamestop decide to ship everything except PS5 HD Camera. I received everything but HD Camera and it was stuck in transit for 15days. I spoke to gamestop CS and they said they will refund me for the camera but never received my refund and I filed complaint to paypal and paypal decided to refund me 100% for the PS5 bundle. I only asked for $50 refund but because gamestop failed to recognize the issue and paypal decided to refund me $876.
Does Gamestop ever respond to Paypal disputes? I filed a Paypal dispute with them a year or two ago for $50 and some change over some bullshit I didn't feel like repeatedly calling the customer service line for. They never responded, I got my refund, and Gamestop never took punitative action against my account either.

Kotaku is reporting GS will be accepting returns of Cyberpunk even if opened. They will be taken in as defective and sent back to the warehouse. So be prepared to find a ton of used stock in a couple weeks.

Kotaku is reporting GS will be accepting returns of Cyberpunk even if opened. They will be taken in as defective and sent back to the warehouse. So be prepared to find a ton of used stock in a couple weeks.
That would be cool

Be even cooler if that includes Collectors Edition

I ordered PS5 bundle and gamestop decide to ship everything except PS5 HD Camera. I received everything but HD Camera and it was stuck in transit for 15days. I spoke to gamestop CS and they said they will refund me for the camera but never received my refund and I filed complaint to paypal and paypal decided to refund me 100% for the PS5 bundle. I only asked for $50 refund but because gamestop failed to recognize the issue and paypal decided to refund me $876.
While you got refunded, you most likely got banned from ordering online from Gamestop in the future.

Looks like I bought the pokeball beanbag too early (had a 25% off sale a few weeks back).. currently it's $75 with a 25 cert if you add another $25 to the order... :whee: AHh well, bag in the closet is worth two in-transit.
Not letting me apply either of my cyberpunk codes for my in store pickup order. God these guys can't get anything right.
Some certs only work in-store. The cyberpunk ones are one of those. I just used both of mine on XBOX cards in combination with the $30 coin.
Kotaku is reporting GS will be accepting returns of Cyberpunk even if opened.
Or those of us with a few $5 towards Cyberpunk preorders can cancel them a few months from now and pickup a pre-owned copies for "free"! :joystick:
I can definitely agree with that from my experience with top down decisions that knowingly just make things worse.
Every store I've been to lately that hasn't been too busy on entry has a "what is on the shelf isn't what we have in-stock" speech so folks don't get disappointed browsing. :oldman:
anyone know if you earn gamestop rewards purchasing 3rd party giftcards still?
Yes.... at least I got 20 points per $ for the amount not-paid by cert.
Is it me, or are neither of the advertised pre own deals working? Tried for 4 for $30 under $15, and b3g2 $19.99 and under, and everything is still showing full price, no matter what combination of pre owned I try.
You probably had a game that was on "special markdown" where no other promos affect it. (like daily deals) I was able to toggle between both promos by having either 4 or 5 games in cart. (now awaiting product availability for Snackworld!) :3ds: Try using a different set of games to determine which ones aren't qualifying.

the daily deal has $15 pop and tee bundles which aren't too bad for a late xmas gift addition. been waiting to get that running guy from my hero  as a gift and wasn't willing to pay $30

Not letting me apply either of my cyberpunk codes for my in store pickup order. God these guys can't get anything right.
I've been having the exact same issue...there is nothing I can find to use these stupid coins on. What success have folks had using these CP2077 coins on? It hasn't worked on oculus quest 2 accessories, new switch games, used games, consoles...nothing. Tried shipping and store pick-up as well...any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I've been having the exact same issue...there is nothing I can find to use these stupid coins on. What success have folks had using these CP2077 coins on? It hasn't worked on oculus quest 2 accessories, new switch games, used games, consoles...nothing. Tried shipping and store pick-up as well...any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Two posts above you.

Some certs only work in-store. The cyberpunk ones are one of those. I just used both of mine on XBOX cards in combination with the $30 coin.

CAG16 doesn't apply to PS5 games?!? Won't give me a discount on Immortals Fenyx Rising for PS5, but will work on PS4 version. I tried on COD too same thing happening.

CAG16 doesn't apply to PS5 games?!? Won't give me a discount on Immortals Fenyx Rising for PS5, but will work on PS4 version. I tried on COD too same thing happening.
Came across the same issue yesterday. Not an issue for Immortals because that's a free PS5 upgrade but there was a pre-owned copy of CoD in my neighborhood that I wanted to get in on.

Anyone ever return part of a bundle to Gamestop?  I picked up one of their made up XBox Series X bundles and don't really care for the games.  They are listed all separately on the return label.

Anyone ever return part of a bundle to Gamestop? I picked up one of their made up XBox Series X bundles and don't really care for the games. They are listed all separately on the return label.
I didn't but when I was waiting to order mine in store the other day (it never went through), the manager told me they would not allow returns for part of the order. I think it may be up to individual stores or maybe even employees.

Every store I've been to lately that hasn't been too busy on entry has a "what is on the shelf isn't what we have in-stock" speech so folks don't get disappointed browsing. :oldman:
My comment was a bit harsh, but yeah, that’s a great example. Top level decided they shouldn’t sell opened as new anymore, but no one took charge of the initiative enough to see it through with a better outcome. I’m sure the closer you got to field level, who know how things actually work, they got more and more input “hey, that solution is going to result in all these crappy side effects too, probably making it a worse experience overall, and isn’t feasible for stores with just one employee to keep up with”, but the upper level just wants to be able to say it’s done with a few select numbers that can spin it as a success. Harsh again, but that’s gotta be the GameStop improvement cycle.

Even with how terrible their phone support is, don’t blame the reps. The decision (that all companies have pretty much now made) to go with the cheapest possible overseas phone support that can technically pass as functional is to blame.

Ugh, I had two switch games delivered and USPS said they were delivered in my mailbox but I had nothing.  Trying to call gamestop but I've been on the phone wailing for 50 minutes now... any other ideas on what I can do?

Ugh, I had two switch games delivered and USPS said they were delivered in my mailbox but I had nothing. Trying to call gamestop but I've been on the phone wailing for 50 minutes now... any other ideas on what I can do?
If you can keep trying and reach a Gamestop CSR on the phone, they can usually help and sometimes be sympathetic. Just be kind and not wail on them. Good luck.

If you can keep trying and reach a Gamestop CSR on the phone, they can usually help and sometimes be sympathetic. Just be kind and not wail on them. Good luck.
Still on the line and its been over 2 hours... I am going to give up. Anyone know when is the best time to call them? later at night?

Contact your local post office and have them look up the tracking information. They can use GPS to see exactly where the packages were when scanned as "delivered". I had a package that was "delivered" to my mailbox yesterday, but wasn't there (despite other mail being in my box). Turns out it was delivered to a neighbor's house by mistake.

Good luck!

Ugh, I had two switch games delivered and USPS said they were delivered in my mailbox but I had nothing. Trying to call gamestop but I've been on the phone wailing for 50 minutes now... any other ideas on what I can do?

I placed an order for PS5 Dirt 5 and Preowned Dark Souls 3 complete Edition on Sunday. It's preparing for shipment. I will find out soon if it gets cancelled. lol
just received email from gamestop with tracking # for PS5 Dirt 5 order. Looks like I'm not banned from Gamestop.

Contact your local post office and have them look up the tracking information. They can use GPS to see exactly where the packages were when scanned as "delivered". I had a package that was "delivered" to my mailbox yesterday, but wasn't there (despite other mail being in my box). Turns out it was delivered to a neighbor's house by mistake.

Good luck!
dude, that is exactly what happened! It was delievered a block away. She said she would try to take care of it but what does that mean?

dude, that is exactly what happened! It was delievered a block away. She said she would try to take care of it but what does that mean?
Theyll send a carrier to where it was misdelivered and try to retrieve it, then hopefully correctly redeliver it right to you.

Theyll send a carrier to where it was misdelivered and try to retrieve it, then hopefully correctly redeliver it right to you.
How long did it take to fix for you. What happens if they can't retrieve it? Should I contact Gamestop now and let them know it's lost?

Okay, I'm going to sound stupid here for a moment...

My "Pro" expires on January 4th. If I pay $15 now to extend it for another year, I should still get:

• $5 per month ($5 x 12 = $60) in monthly coupons
  • 10,000 points ... which is about $10 in credit via certificates?
  • $5 sign up coupon
Am I right in reading this? Would I essentially get $75 in store value for $15 now, or am I misreading something?
I just renewed my membership the other day and like others have noted, the 10k points showed up 1 day later. You also get 300 points for renewing as well. The $5 coupon on the receipt is redeemable immediately (you can just have them start a new transaction and punch it in, but doesn't seem to work in your online cart (I tried).

Top level decided they shouldn’t sell opened as new anymore, but no one took charge of the initiative enough to see it through with a better outcome.
Yep, one store I went to even put an additional sticker "OUT OF STOCK" on the display cases... and almost everything was OOS...

Except Christmas sweaters, advent calendars, and socks! I will buy that zelda sweater once it hits $2 - hopefully the online monthly cert will work... :shock:

I know this is a long shot question but:

I just got my FE Tokyo Sessions WiiU from GS and while it loads the initial title screen, it just goes black. Disc appears in good shape. Is there something wrong with my WiiU or bad disc or fake disc?

I know this is a long shot question but:

I just got my FE Tokyo Sessions WiiU from GS and while it loads the initial title screen, it just goes black. Disc appears in good shape. Is there something wrong with my WiiU or bad disc or fake disc?
I would wager it's the disc. I've had at least 4 Wii U game discs that looked perfect (no scratches on the protector layer or the more important artwork side) and either not load or be like your experience where it would make it to the title screen and then lock up or crash. Might not sound like a lot but when it comes to perfect discs and other consoles, never had an issue. I think I saw a comment here or on Reddit that there was a bad batch of discs so some games are more prone to this than others but not entirely sure I recall that correctly.

I still have the same Wii U, still works fine with some games.

EDIT* Ok, not proof but it seems to be a common enough problem if you google it. Quite a few posts on Reddit about discs that look fine but don't work.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wiiu/comments/int2sr/problems_with_wii_u_invalid_games/

I would wager it's the disc. I've had at least 4 Wii U game discs that looked perfect (no scratches on the protector layer or the more important artwork side) and either not load or be like your experience where it would make it to the title screen and then lock up or crash. Might not sound like a lot but when it comes to perfect discs and other consoles, never had an issue. I think I saw a comment here or on Reddit that there was a bad batch of discs so some games are more prone to this than others but not entirely sure I recall that correctly.

EDIT* Ok, not proof but it seems to be a common enough problem if you google it. Quite a few posts on Reddit about discs that look fine but don't work.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wiiu/comments/int2sr/problems_with_wii_u_invalid_games/
It's because Gamestop resurfaced it and Wii U discs don't play nice when they've been resurfaced.

Thanks for the reply guys. So this wouldn’t happen if I got a new copy? I only picked it up because it was like 7.50 with thr 50% off special. I might just get a refund and wait for the switch sale.

Edit: after reading that thread I may just have to find a way to make backups. My kids love Mario Party 10. It’s the one game I own I can’t get on the switch.

It's because Gamestop resurfaced it and Wii U discs don't play nice when they've been resurfaced.
Two of the games I had issues with were new but with the other two, that thought did cross my mind and I don't believe they were resurfaced by GS. I used to be super hardcore about only collecting gem mint discs (i.e., not resurfaced, no scratches) so I knew what to look for and with their shit machines, you really didn't have to look hard to find out if they resurfaced those discs. Now it's very possible though, that before GS got them, the person trading it in got it resurfaced by some super high end machine I guess but even those leave some evidence.

Thanks for the reply guys. So this wouldn’t happen if I got a new copy? I only picked it up because it was like 7.50 with thr 50% off special. I might just get a refund and wait for the switch sale.
I think it's more of a production issue than a used game issue but again, it's not like there's any way to back this up. I'd say your best bet is to find someone else with a Wii U to test this out but... we know that's not exactly easy.

Yep its a common problem especially with the wiiu wind wakers bundled. Majority of them didn't work due to printing errors. I should get around to testing out my other wiiu games I got from amazon clearance when they were dumping them. As I know my smash and most of the others work but I never opened my smt x fe or donkey kong tropical freeze.

I had a copy of mario kart and a smash bros that didn't work due to the printing error surprisingly. Luckily I was able to take them back to gamestop and exchange them for working copies they ordered for me. I'm just glad I tested them and found the issue right away. But yeah wiiu discs are the most tempermental of all the consoles even moreso than the gamecube. it's too bad the switch didn't have bc with the wiiu since the previous consoles bc made unreadable discs work on them. gc on the wii and wii on the wiiu.

Two of the games I had issues with were new but with the other two, that thought did cross my mind and I don't believe they were resurfaced by GS. I used to be super hardcore about only collecting gem mint discs (i.e., not resurfaced, no scratches) so I knew what to look for and with their shit machines, you really didn't have to look hard to find out if they resurfaced those discs. Now it's very possible though, that before GS got them, the person trading it in got it resurfaced by some super high end machine I guess but even those leave some evidence.
That almost sounds like a disc drive issue on the Wii U console itself. Either way, you're making me paranoid now. Might have to go check some of my Wii U discs. Haven't touched them in years. Most were bought new though.

That almost sounds like a disc drive issue on the Wii U console itself. Either way, you're making me paranoid now. Might have to go check some of my Wii U discs. Haven't touched them in years. Most were bought new though.
I do think it's a production issue with the disc and not the Wii U's drive- same as the person above posted. I would guess it has something to do with Nintendo's decision to use uncommon disc formats during the GC (vs DVDs for PS2 and XB) and Wii U (vs Blu-Ray for PS3/DVD for 360). Pretty sure DVDs and Blu-Rays had a lot of R&D and big companies behind their development... vs Nintendo just wanting a format that couldn't be easily pirated.

I'd be more worried about the battery in the gamepad dying due to age/non-use... but that's a losing battle anyway since re-chargeable batteries are bound to die eventually. Here's hoping someone/company decides to be make some reliable replacements.

It's kinda comical to see USPS packages transfer from local to regional back to local and again back to regional distribution centers. I'd rather it just be stuck at "Arriving Late". That said, it seems like TX is shipping out Fedex recently instead. The one UPS shipment arrived in 2 days.. so :oldman:

Yep its a common problem especially with the wiiu wind wakers bundled.
Yep, I had to buy 6 PO copies of BotW on Wii U before I found one that could get past the loading screen. None showed signs of resurfacing (white residue, machine generated swirl marks, etc). :oldman: And when I did finally get into Hyrule, was disappointed in the performance (had beaten on switch before... heh)

Two of the games I had issues with were new
Interesting you had that problem with new ones, the copies I got on Wally clearance always seemed to work fine (Pokken, FE, Smash, WW, 3D etc). Did the discs taste right? :razz:

New low for GS. On BF week I added a $25 physical gift card to qualify for free shipping on an order.

It was finally delivered (nearly a month later) in a plain stamped envelope and inside... was a gift card for $22.50. Yeah, they even took the "free shipping" out of the GIFT CARD. Astounding.
Im still waiting for my GC I ordered on Oct 31st. It says shipped, with no tracking number. The game I ordered alongside it says still says preparing for shipment but I received that in like the middle of November.

Does Gamestop ever respond to Paypal disputes? I filed a Paypal dispute with them a year or two ago for $50 and some change over some bullshit I didn't feel like repeatedly calling the customer service line for. They never responded, I got my refund, and Gamestop never took punitative action against my account either.
I am in the same boat. My order from around Thanksgiving is STILL in "awaiting carrier pickup" since 11/28. I have now sent 2 online inquiries and no reply. I tried to call but the hold was over an hour and there was a pre-recorded message saying "if your order status is in "awaiting pickup" status, there is nothing our reps can do to help." I ended up just hanging up as it wasn't worth an hour wait for them to tell me they can't help. I really hate to do the PP chargeback and get banned however I am not letting them just steal my money. I don't even care about the wait if I knew they would show up eventually but it's really feeling like it got lost or something. I wish they would at least try to be a decent business and reply to my request for help. I guess I'll give it another week or so and I will have to do a chargeback, i don't think I have any other options. Gamestop truly is a sketchy company with the way they treat their customers and employees.

My order with free shipping from 2 weeks ago came in. Looking at the receipt in the box they pulled shenanigans and added a handling fee of 4.99 while discounting a bit of money from each item. Luckily the stuff I ordered are gifts. Otherwise if I had to return any games they'd really hear an ear full from me.

Anyone ever have any issues not being able to see your cart?  I tried the site and the app, and it just says “technical error, cart cannot be viewed at this time”.  I’ve been able to redeem power up points and add items to my cart just fine, but I can’t actually view my cart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back