2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will i get the $10 coupon if i buy $60 in psn cards?

Also when i click add to cart for renew membership it refreshes the page but doesnt add it to my cart. 🤔

If you only got 1 $10 coupon for preordering and picking up Cyberpunk (and keeping it!), is it worth calling their CS to try to get the additional promised $10 Game coin?

Or will their reps play the deny game and therefore make it a wasted effort

If you only got 1 $10 coupon for preordering and picking up Cyberpunk (and keeping it!), is it worth calling their CS to try to get the additional promised $10 Game coin?

Or will their reps play the deny game and therefore make it a wasted effort
If you're a pro member and had the preorder paid off in full before release, then yes you should have gotten it.

Whether calling in /holding for that possible $10 in points is worth your time is your own call.

I have so many copies of MBA 2k21 waiting for shipment. Can I ask how you track the trade value data. I would love to learn how to do it too.
It's a little bit cumbersome, but I've been tracking since Sept sometime and just look at products that show up on the trade page. Scrape each product and update the value and store in local database. So many items have penny values. There's only about 4k items or so that appear on trade page, so not much to scrape for.

I used my $10 Cyberpunk game coin on a psn card. This was in store
I wanted to do this with the $30 of $300 coupon and my store said they would try it. They had me pull it up on my phone to scan it and "it didn't work". And then they tried to manually enter it, and it "didn't work". Since the coupon was expiring I figured I'd just buy some game and when I did, they didn't have to try anything- they were able to just pull up the coupon from my account using my phone number. :whistle2:/

I've honestly returned this year like 30 games ,different transactions for various reasons and the only time I got deducted shipping was for returning a joycon that came broken from the warehouse. Your experience may vary and if your gamestop tells you they have to deduct the shipping just try another gamestop

I've honestly returned this year like 30 games ,different transactions for various reasons and the only time I got deducted shipping was for returning a joycon that came broken from the warehouse. Your experience may vary and if your gamestop tells you they have to deduct the shipping just try another gamestop
I returned two defective WiiU games for a refund. Didn’t want to risk a replacement. Hope I don’t get charged. That’s Bs

Will i get the $10 coupon if i buy $60 in psn cards?
Also trying to find out. As expected, when i called gamestop the guy didnt even know about the promo and couldnt tell me.

"** PowerUp Rewards Player/Pro Members are eligible to receive a $10 coupon when you buy $60 or more in a single transaction 12/13/2020 – 12/25/2020. Coupon will be delivered to active offers starting 12/27/2020. See store associate for more details. No dealers. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice."

The packing list itself shows the value without shipping. Are you telling them to add the shipping back?

The packing list itself shows the value without shipping. Are you telling them to add the shipping back?
actually on my packing list the value of the item is listed with the shipping charge deducted and then added on later. making it look like i actually paid less for the item than i did.

On the topic of shipping charges...

My understanding is that orders shipped from warehouse include a shipping charge, which gets deducted if you return.

There are orders shipped from store & they do not include a shipping charge

In past couple of months, I had to eat shipping charges 2-3 times when returning. I just took it as Karma for using GameStop glitches at times.

actually on my packing list the value of the item is listed with the shipping charge deducted and then added on later. making it look like i actually paid less for the item than i did.
my stuff just shows the price of the item with shipping already deducted

extra $5 is back for ps4/ xb1 and switch games, $10 for ps5 and seriesx/s games. possible bump this weekend? perfect storm brewing?
Ah shit, here we go

Edit: bummer that the games have to be a $5 minimum this time, have so lower value stuff I've been sitting on.

$5 kills it for me and I really wish I bought Ghost Recon copipes when best buy had them for $4.

Also, Deal of the day is Buy 3 get 2 free on all ps4 pre owned games.\

Also, Immortal is $30. $10 more and I'll bite.

$5 coupon for spending $50.

$15 for spending $100.

Damn, $30 was my purchase point for Immortals, but now I'm waiting until $20 since it dropped that quickly.

Frak I bit on Immortals yesterday at $40 because I was out and about and wanted to use my $15 in coupons on something before they expired on the 31st.

Woah I'm freaking glad I didn't buy Immortals at $40 last night. Was gonna use a BB gift card with $5 voucher.

Hmm- couple quick questions, as I’m torn too on immortals for PS5, but it’s showing up as $39.99 whereas PS4 is 29.99?

- I found/know the PS4 includes a free next gen upgrade, so I could pop that disc in and then download it to my hard drive and play the ps5 version for $10 cheaper;

- but there hasn’t been any system updates or settings I missed where you can select to not auto download the PS4 game data when a disc is inserted right? (I know you can pause/cancel, but that is tiring every boot up or disc insert)
- I ask cause my SackBoy edition was with plush and PS4 version, so to play I have to ensure 2x the hard drive space for PS4 copy and ps5 can be installed...

What do you know, one of the GS stores near me is closing. Unfortunately this particular store had the most knowledgeable/cooperative/nice employees. I also believe it was a prestige store many times over.

That's not right. Meanwhile the shit locations are still open (naturally).

What do you know, one of the GS stores near me is closing. Unfortunately this particular store had the most knowledgeable/cooperative/nice employees. I also believe it was a prestige store many times over.

That's not right. Meanwhile the shit locations are still open (naturally).
The shit location's rent is probably cheap af

Got about 20 3DS games delivered, and only two complete games. I know the deal but it's still disappointing. I wish there was a better option than hitting ebay for the cases that are freshly taken out of a dumpster.

Immortals is a really good game. Rips off BOTW in a good way. I have problems with it but I recommend it especially if you are anti Nintendo for whatever reason and have never played BOTW.

Merry Christmas all!

Not really partaking in the B2G1... nothing of interest in stock I want to play or flip. $15 cert valid for 1 week in january for spending $100 isn't really a great incentive. This time last year we had B2G2 that worked with discounts² and amazon tivs were great.  :oops:  (~$22 for a $54.99 game that traded in for $38 at GS, or $34.90 at Amazon)

But yay on the +$5 until Jan 9th.. I wonder if the $5 limit will apply to switch games as well.. I think last time it didn't but that was because it ran concurrently from a previous > $3. In any case, a lot of games seem to be right at the $5 threshold now... hopefully next week+ will have no sales so TIVs go back up!  :bouncy: A bump would be great!

The last time I was in GS was to return Sekiro. I had ordered it afew weeks ago and it was supposed to be the GotY edition but I received a vanilla copy. It was surprisingly sealed. The two clowns at the store both told me "I've never even seen a GotY edition." I look for the game on the shelf and see two display boxes clearly marked GotY edition and tell them. Ge doesn't even bother to look and just says "Do you have the card you made the purchase with?" I show him a listing on Best Buy and their site that clearly shows a GotY version. He doesn't budge and processes the return. A few days ago it was on sale at Best Buy so I took a chance. What arrived the other day? A GotY edition of the game.

I did get two cool ugly xmas sweaters there though.

Haven’t been to GameStop in a while but when I finally went to one, all the games on display were generic cases. No point of browsing the pre owned section anymore

Realized my 30 for 300 coupons for some months ago were closing to expiring (12/31) so i went in-store to try to use them on PSN gift cards. That didn't work. I called Gamestop Support and they converted all of them to regular points. I converted the points to rewards certificates and then went back in store and used those on PSN gift cards. Roundabout way that would saved everyone some time if they just let me use the coupons instead but anyway, just in time for the PSN Holiday Sale!

Realized my 30 for 300 coupons for some months ago were closing to expiring (12/31) so i went in-store to try to use them on PSN gift cards. That didn't work. I called Gamestop Support and they converted all of them to regular points. I converted the points to rewards certificates and then went back in store and used those on PSN gift cards. Roundabout way that would saved everyone some time if they just let me use the coupons instead but anyway, just in time for the PSN Holiday Sale!
Printed/receipt gift cards would have worked without all the unnecessary steps...just FYI for the future...

The last time I was in GS was to return Sekiro. I had ordered it afew weeks ago and it was supposed to be the GotY edition but I received a vanilla copy. It was surprisingly sealed. The two clowns at the store both told me "I've never even seen a GotY edition." I look for the game on the shelf and see two display boxes clearly marked GotY edition and tell them. Ge doesn't even bother to look and just says "Do you have the card you made the purchase with?" I show him a listing on Best Buy and their site that clearly shows a GotY version. He doesn't budge and processes the return. A few days ago it was on sale at Best Buy so I took a chance. What arrived the other day? A GotY edition of the game.

I did get two cool ugly xmas sweaters there though.
I've ordered from Best Buy and Gamestop and still have yet to receive a GoTY version despite what's pictured on the websites. Glad to know one does exist.

I've ordered from Best Buy and Gamestop and still have yet to receive a GoTY version despite what's pictured on the websites. Glad to know one does exist.
Dunno if there is a boxed GOTY version of the game but I got the game digitally at launch and it shows up in my library as GOTY. Everything they added was free for anyone who owns the game.

Some of our private message boxes just got visited by Ol' Saint Prick. It truly is a Christmas miracle!

"

Sent Today, 03:06 PM

Jingle bells, Cheapy smells. Aircobra got banned and laid an egg. The CAGmobile lost its wheel and IATCG got away, hey. Bells on bobtails ring. Dave is selling games and making spirits bright. Oh what fun it is to ride on a one horse open sleigh and flip games to GS later tonight!

(IamtheDavestGamer sighting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back