2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another terrible GS practice. Funny how GS didn't disclose the ridiculous restrictions ahead of time when trying to bait purchases.

YOU'VE QUALIFIED FOR A $10 REWARD CERTIFICATE BY MAKING A PURCHASE WITH US FROM 12/13 - 12/26. THANK YOU!
REWARD CERTIFICATE AVAILABLE FOR USE IN-STORE AND ONLINE* SAVE $10 ON YOUR NEXT PURCHASE*
Coupon valid 12/27/20 - 1/2/2021
*Limit one coupon per customer. Coupon cannot be used on POSA, gift cards and new Hardware.
Got the same email, but I can't get it to work online

Placed an order December 12... for the last few months I’ve been paying the extra $3 for premium shipping (after my first fiasco with fedex surepost).

Order is for 6 games from the “buy more, save up to 50%”... a week passed, and the order never shipped, tracking just showed as “USPS awaits package”. I contacted GameStop on Dec 19. I still have not heard a response to this day.

I contacted USPS on Dec 20, and like magic, missing tracking scans appeared. The tracking showed the package just over state lines, about an hour away. USPS told me the package should be delivered “the next day” and I didn’t ask about why the tracking information was missing previously.

So 3 more days pass; Dec 23 - No package. Also no more tracking updates since the last.

I Contact USPS again. This time I Ask to speak to someone directly -

Guy from my Local Post Office calls me back on behalf of USPS and says “we’ve been having a lot of carriers get sticky fingers. Your package was probably stolen. USPS can’t keep up, and are critically low on staff.”

Dude pretty much admitting that USPS Doesn’t give two fooks about customers. I didn’t catch his job title but I assume he was customer service for my local Post Office (which also just so happens to be embroiled in the voter fraud claims).

Just a heads up. It’s getting bad out there. Not sure if I contact USPS, GameStop, or my bank next. Sadly, I don’t think I will ever see this order. This is my first bad experience with premium shipping, and it’s probably not GameStop’s fault.

What a wonderful sentiment. How about taking pride in the job being performed.

Or if that’s not enough, how bout maybe if someone performs well at their job, they may get promoted or a raise or other positive things from doing what they’re fucking being paid to do.

Jesus. One reason among hundreds why this country is how it is. Bunch of entitled little pricks.
I’m not very educated on this stuff, and anything anyone writes will be a gross oversimplification, but just off the top of my head, I think a bigger “cause” of the problem is that it’s hard to take pride in getting paid minimum wage for a low skill yet honest and essential, still difficult entry level position when you see actors, sports stars, influencers, executives, financiers, drug / substance barons, smut peddlers, manipulative or deceptive sales people and marketers slinging shit, earning millions for doing effectively nothing or having a negative contribution in society, pulling further ahead financially everyday. Playing the financial markets just exponentially increases that pace. I think us collectively allowing, and in some ways encouraging that divide is more to blame than the worker being lazy. I don’t mean to put down everyone in those positions, but the financial incentives are out of whack.

How is someone supposed to take any thanks they get seriously when struggling just to get by? Thanks is worthless in that situation. I find it difficult to fault anyone in a perpetual entry level position putting in minimum effort, when in many ways it’s the smarter strategy as their time in the position goes on. It’s hard to excel or be noticed excelling in many of those types of positions, and it’s easy to burn out. Especially with how correlated connections and relationships are to advancement, that’s the primary factor related to ones success and health above anything else. That doesn’t even broach the subject of globalization. No matter how hard someone works, if there is a financial incentive for their job or entire career path to go overseas to the lowest adequate bidder, it’s probably already in the process of happening. That decision executives get paid millions to make everyday has added more to our “adequate is enough” world than people in our country just not trying hard enough. How many shits should we expect a destitute Indian call center worker to give about an American’s video game taking too long to arrive? Yes they should do the minimum for their job, but I would be embarrassed to ask for more. That job is hard enough without doing it in a secondary language.

That’s not to say one shouldn’t try their best, I don’t disagree with your good intentions, but he didn’t say anything that warranted being called an entitled little prick. There are bigger problems with our country and better fixes than just telling minimum wage workers they aren’t trying hard enough, or aren’t contributing enough.

I feel ya...I have an order from Entertainment Earth via the same shipping method. It said "USPS awaiting package" on the 3rd, then there were no updates until the 23rd, and it only traveled a few states. So it's been almost a month and it's still not here. So yeah twenty days from "awaiting package" before the slightest update. Don't give up hope, it could just be verrrrry slow.

I believe I've seen where it is possible, but wanted to ask anyway. My Pro is good through August 2021, can I still add a year and get the 10,000 points? Do I have to do this in store? I can find an option on the website to renew.

Wooooow I just got my 4 used game order from Gamestop and every game (1 Xbox one, 2 ps4, 1 switch) all had packaging ! ha ha I won the lottery ;)

so I know with used games there is a chance of a generic case and that's fine by me (I am primarily a digital collector and don't display my cases) but until now I've never had a disc come loose like my copy of nioh 2 just did. 5 other games with the original case and the disc for nioh 2 just slid between them loose in a box with no padding or anything. 2 weeks late. lol. 

Placed an order December 12... for the last few months I’ve been paying the extra $3 for premium shipping (after my first fiasco with fedex surepost).

Order is for 6 games from the “buy more, save up to 50%”... a week passed, and the order never shipped, tracking just showed as “USPS awaits package”. I contacted GameStop on Dec 19. I still have not heard a response to this day.

I contacted USPS on Dec 20, and like magic, missing tracking scans appeared. The tracking showed the package just over state lines, about an hour away. USPS told me the package should be delivered “the next day” and I didn’t ask about why the tracking information was missing previously.

So 3 more days pass; Dec 23 - No package. Also no more tracking updates since the last.

I Contact USPS again. This time I Ask to speak to someone directly -

Guy from my Local Post Office calls me back on behalf of USPS and says “we’ve been having a lot of carriers get sticky fingers. Your package was probably stolen. USPS can’t keep up, and are critically low on staff.”

Dude pretty much admitting that USPS Doesn’t give two fooks about customers. I didn’t catch his job title but I assume he was customer service for my local Post Office (which also just so happens to be embroiled in the voter fraud claims).

Just a heads up. It’s getting bad out there. Not sure if I contact USPS, GameStop, or my bank next. Sadly, I don’t think I will ever see this order. This is my first bad experience with premium shipping, and it’s probably not GameStop’s fault.
USPS and UPS both are fucked right now. Games I ordered on Black Friday did not come in till last week for me. Games I ordered around the 10th didn't show up till the 26th. All of these games either showed "awaiting for carrier pick up" on the gamestop site tracking, or dead stopped tracking 1 hour from me for a week or longer, during a change over from UPS to USPS (which I still don't understand why they do this). I did the same thing you did, and contacted usps, which I got a call from my local post office, with a guy basically giving the canned reply of "sorry, we have so many people out for COVID right now, our distribution center is backed up for over a week." Sucks for them, but bring in temps or something. My company had 80% out the last 2 weeks, and we are struggling, but we are managing it and still keeping production up.

What a wonderful sentiment. How about taking pride in the job being performed.

Or if that’s not enough, how bout maybe if someone performs well at their job, they may get promoted or a raise or other positive things from doing what they’re fucking being paid to do.

Jesus. One reason among hundreds why this country is how it is. Bunch of entitled little pricks.
Yeah, cuz there's so much upward mobility at GS and a raise amounts to like $0.50/year.

$2000 stimulus checks
sadly, most of the 600/2000 will probably just end up as bezos's untaxed profits :oldman:

Placed an order December 12... for the last few months I’ve been paying the extra $3 for premium shipping
I never paid for premium shipping, and can't imagine it actually makes a difference at the ground level. I usually only drop by GS at odd times when it isn't busy and 90% of the time the lone employee is packing something, so I asked if premium shipping does anything - he said he couldn't tell and usually packs them in order of size. :???:

All of my USPS packages are "n Transit, Arriving Late".. for the last week so slightly better than awaiting pickup! :bomb:

I got Immortals Fenyx for $37.99 with tax and $5 voucher used shipped last week, now I tried to return it to the store and they said they can only refund me around $31, cos of the $4.99 handling charge, is there any way I can get them to price match it with their current $29.99 offer?

I’m not sure why so many people are defending gamestop employees.
McDonald’s employees also make minimum wage, but that still doesn’t give them the right to spit in your food.
Gamestop employees shouldn’t get entitled to purposely send out broken disc, empty packages or wrong items just because they don’t get paid enough.

I’m sure there are 10000s of people who will gladly take their jobs and do it right.

McDonald’s employees also make minimum wage, but that still doesn’t give them the right to spit in your food.
Gamestop employees shouldn’t get entitled to purposely send out broken disc, empty packages or wrong items just because they don’t get paid enough.

I’m sure there are 10000s of people who will gladly take their jobs and do it right.
This assumes they’re doing it on purpose.

This assumes they’re doing it on purpose.
It also assumes McDonald’s employees don’t spit in our food. Spit is probably better for you than the rest of the product anyway. GameStop employees aren’t purposely damaging product, they are just sending out what they have.

USPS and UPS both are fucked right now. Games I ordered on Black Friday did not come in till last week for me. Games I ordered around the 10th didn't show up till the 26th. All of these games either showed "awaiting for carrier pick up" on the gamestop site tracking, or dead stopped tracking 1 hour from me for a week or longer, during a change over from UPS to USPS (which I still don't understand why they do this). I did the same thing you did, and contacted usps, which I got a call from my local post office, with a guy basically giving the canned reply of "sorry, we have so many people out for COVID right now, our distribution center is backed up for over a week." Sucks for them, but bring in temps or something. My company had 80% out the last 2 weeks, and we are struggling, but we are managing it and still keeping production up.
I have a similar situation but it's with bestbuy via USPS, the shipment was even shipped via priority since the 16th of this month. I filled out the form on USPS website for a lost package but got this email back:

The Postal Service is experiencing unprecedented volume increases and limited employee availability due to the impacts of COVID-19. However, according to our tracking records a shipping label was created by the shipper but the Postal Service has not yet received your package. After the package has entered the postal mailstream, further information can be provided

Tracking shows...

• Sat, Dec 26, 8:48 PM
    Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
    Elk Grove Village Il Distribution Center
  • Sat, Dec 26, 7:33 PM
    Accepted at USPS Regional Origin Facility
    Elk Grove Village Il Distribution Center
  • Thu, Dec 17, 12:00 PM
    Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item

Same thing happened to me. Games shipped from Ohio to PA took nearly 20 days. At one point it did not update for 7 days any activity. Opened a case with usps, suddenly the package showed activity the next day and then arrived 3 days later. Got the canned call the day it would be delivered.

It really was a bold business decision of Gamestop to remove sorters and cut staffing from most major USPS distribution centers in the United States during the summer in the run up to the November election to try to sabotage mail in voting.   I get it, there are delays.  Around 90% of my inbound mail with tracking numbers shows delays.  The delays have NOTHING to do with Gamestop.  

After nearly a month of being told a refund would be received for a lost same-day delivery order in "3-5 business days", today I'm being told something like I have to physically visit the store where my item was originally located in order to get a refund. I can't even get through to that store on the phone. Is this shit for real???

Gamestop treats their employees horribly. Anyone that breaks their back for them is a fool.
Granted that's true of most companies anymore. It's all about making the most money while paying the least amount to the workers and or offering them the fewest benefits.

3 more of my games from the 50% off sale arrived. Katamari Demacacy reroll for the switch from the previous one back in november. And puyo puyo tetris switch and fantasy life 3ds from the one earlier this month on the 9th I believe. switch games came complete but fantasy life was card only in generic case. Still waiting on the other 5 from my order on the 9th and then 6 iirc from my order on the 12th. I'm expecting a large box for the latter since all but 1 title (black sad which was cart filler to get free shipping) was shipped together. Or it could come in one large bubble mailer which seems probable given its gamestop but you never know.

Most GameStop employees are doing the best they can. There might be a few that (a) intentionally mess up orders or (b) go all 'junior detective' because they feel like making a customer's day worse, but the vast majority of employees (and all that I've dealt with in store) do a good job. I leave them positive reviews every time I can, because they deserve it. It's the same with low-paying jobs everywhere--someone is making out like a bandit in the situation, but it isn't the store employee.

Try the boardroom. Companies usually fail because of mis-management.

A lot of the problems we customers are experiencing are due to GameStop's cut-throat and/or inept corporate policies, not employee maliciousness.

Same with the post office: a lot of the problems with postal service right now are due to mis-management (possibly deliberate). Before the new "management" came in, it was policy for the carriers to deliver all that day's mail, even if it meant overtime. The new management forbade that, and lo and behold, the mail began backing up--even during the 'regular' part of the year: Trump-appointed USPS Postmaster General plans to slow mail delivery | Fortune

I'm not saying don't get angry. I'm saying direct your anger at those actually causing the problems.

I’m not very educated on this stuff, and anything anyone writes will be a gross oversimplification, but just off the top of my head, I think a bigger “cause” of the problem is that it’s hard to take pride in getting paid minimum wage for a low skill yet honest and essential, still difficult entry level position when you see actors, sports stars, influencers, executives, financiers, drug / substance barons, smut peddlers, manipulative or deceptive sales people and marketers slinging shit, earning millions for doing effectively nothing or having a negative contribution in society, pulling further ahead financially everyday. Playing the financial markets just exponentially increases that pace. I think us collectively allowing, and in some ways encouraging that divide is more to blame than the worker being lazy. I don’t mean to put down everyone in those positions, but the financial incentives are out of whack.
Very good post which actually helps to make my point. Putting aside the illegal jobs you described, everything else is providing a legal service for which people are willing to pay. Are actors deserving of $20 million a film salaries? Of course not. Should Patrick Mahomes be paid a half a billion dollars for playing a game? Hell no. Should influencers be paid hundreds of thousands of dollars and get free trips to the Bahamas? I think you know the answer. fuck no.

BUT....they have a skill or have developed a product, likability, popularity or whatever it is that someone is willing to pay them the money they make. Of course it’s absurd. But they are paid what they are paid because some guy making a minimum wage job is willing to pay to go to the movies or save up to go to the NBA game or watch NFL on Sunday. Or watch these fucktards dancing on TIkTok so ad revenue can be gained.

If anyone doesn’t like it, vote with your dollars and time. If nobody is paying or watching they won’t be paid these ridiculous sums of money. But that’s not gonna happen because of weak minded people who would rather bitch and complain and do their job poorly, because it’s not fair PewDiPie makes a million dollars a year while I’m stuck in this shithole job. That’s insanity.

I have redeemed 2 certiciates for online and both codes are not working at all....I call them to refund those points and it takes 3 business days. They said online code are not working until next year...I can only redeem instore certiciate.

Didn't you just answer your own question immediately after asking it? If there's "no incentive" to do better, how is that on the employee? You make it sound like getting a raise or advancing in position is something available for these guys. It's not.

My gamestop employees are so overworked they've had to shut the store down just to have a 30 minute lunch break. Other stores demand work and yet yell at employees for working overtime and don't allow anyone hours.

Corporate gamestop is the perfect example of mismanagement and absolutely fuck you for implying that its the employees fault. Apologists for scumbag CEOs is what's wrong with this country, not employees ground to death by work policies that were outdated by 1950.
Never once did I say anything about anything being the employees fault about their corporate practices. What and the literal fuck are you talking about??

I think 90% of GS policies are abhorrent. I don’t work there and never have, but I would guess their policies towards employees are subpar or worse. That doesn’t mean somebody shouldn’t still try and do the best job they can. Are people saying there is no ability for a regular staff to move up to managerial positions? I know that multiple managerial positions are filled from within. If you think your employer is a douche and you don’t want to work there, then go find another entry level minimum wage job. I’m sure someone is willing to take the GS job and be happy to have it. Being shitty to customers isn’t the solution. And when you do your job poorly, that’s the result. The customer usually ends up on the short end.

It really was a bold business decision of Gamestop to remove sorters and cut staffing from most major USPS distribution centers in the United States during the summer in the run up to the November election to try to sabotage mail in voting. I get it, there are delays. Around 90% of my inbound mail with tracking numbers shows delays. The delays have NOTHING to do with Gamestop.
They do when the package hasn't been taken to the post office after 2 weeks

Never once did I say anything about anything being the employees fault about their corporate practices. What and the literal fuck are you talking about??

I think 90% of GS policies are abhorrent. I don’t work there and never have, but I would guess their policies towards employees are subpar or worse. That doesn’t mean somebody shouldn’t still try and do the best job they can. Are people saying there is no ability for a regular staff to move up to managerial positions? I know that multiple managerial positions are filled from within. If you think your employer is a douche and you don’t want to work there, then go find another entry level minimum wage job. I’m sure someone is willing to take the GS job and be happy to have it. Being shitty to customers isn’t the solution. And when you do your job poorly, that’s the result. The customer usually ends up on the short end.
Exactly. I’m not saying it’s right to treat gamestop employees like trash and yell in their faces, however most of them go out of their way to be rude or make a transaction difficult for the customer. Just the other day I had to argue with the girl to get her to use my certificate on a game. She literally didn’t wanna use a normal $30 certificate on a game and after she finally did, she made me go to my car and get my state ID to show her my account isn’t “fraudulent”.

Guys I'm sad. It's Gamestop's traditional post-Christmas B2G1 sale and if it were any other year I'd have driven to like 20 Gamestops last weekend, stacking similarly priced games with my Elite Pro for maximum deals. Probably finding tons of used gems as well in the process.

Now Gamestop barely has stock. And the stock they do have isn't even out on the walls to look for cool stuff. And Pro discounts don't even exist.

I know people have been talking for years that the Gamestop jig is up, but it truly does now feel like the end of an era to me.

I placed a couple large orders with Gamefly recently instead since they have the best used deals currently with ensuring CIB condition but it doesn't feel the same.

Guys I'm sad. It's Gamestop's traditional post-Christmas B2G1 sale and if it were any other year I'd have driven to like 20 Gamestops last weekend, stacking similarly priced games with my Elite Pro for maximum deals. Probably finding tons of used gems as well in the process.

Now Gamestop barely has stock. And the stock they do have isn't even out on the walls to look for cool stuff. And Pro discounts don't even exist.

I know people have been talking for years that the Gamestop jig is up, but it truly does now feel like the end of an era to me.

I placed a couple large orders with Gamefly recently instead since they have the best used deals currently with ensuring CIB condition but it doesn't feel the same.
This is my issue with GS now, I can't find anything outside of major release titles... and for those titles, other retailers often have them for new at a price that's barely any diff than GS's sale prices. They still had some good sales during BF/CM but for the rest of the year, I rarely even bother with GS.

Gamestop got into this mess because they treated their customers like they were mouth breathing morons that they could screw over and line thier pockets with thier money. Now, in order to get out of this mess, they've tripled down on treating customers like idiots who should just be happy with what they're given.

It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for them.

My Pro membership expired last year -- if I renew instore using 15k reward pts will I still get 10k promo pts or do I need to pay out of pocket?

it should come with $5 Welcome Cert and $5 Monthly Cert -- do those come instantly? Can I use them on 2x $5 Xbox GCs?

My Pro membership expired last year -- if I renew instore using 15k reward pts will I still get 10k promo pts or do I need to pay out of pocket?

it should come with $5 Welcome Cert and $5 Monthly Cert -- do those come instantly? Can I use them on 2x $5 Xbox GCs?
The email I got makes me believe if I spend 15,000 points to renew I’ll get 10,000 right back. It also does mention the $5 welcome coupon and the $5 monthly coupon also. I’m not sure if I would get either of those because I’m already a current member and I used my December coupon last week.

I used the 15k point renewal coupon in store last week to renew a Pro account that had lapsed earlier in December. I got the 10k promo posted the same day.

You get the $5 welcome coupon instantly as a code on your receipt. The $5 monthly coupon has not posted in my active offers, so I'm assuming my first monthly coupon isn't supposed to be until January.

I have used both the welcome and the monthly coupon successfully on PHYSICAL PSN gift cards (digital code version printed on receipt does not work however). Don't have any experience using them on Xbox.

Thanks, I've tried twice with no luck, they just keep copying and pasting the same things. I think what they are trying to say is they won't price match because it's on sale on best buy's website? But they keep saying competitor's website so it's very confusing. I'll try again tonight but one yesterday and one today have said the same thing so probably not going to work for me, but I'll try what you suggested. Thanks for the tip
Next time maybe try buying at Target unless you're missing out on rewards. They've been incredible all through Christmas with price matches. I was even denied at my (shitty) Target store on a PM when the B2G$50 Ubisoft promo was going on, but after a 2 minute call they just issued a $25 GC for the PM no questions asked.

Question about the extra $5 tic on $5 or higher games.

Is that $5 or higher the credit value or the cash value? One of my games that I'm thinking about dumping has a $4 base cash value but $5 credit value and not sure if that makes a difference..

Question about the extra $5 tic on $5 or higher games.

Is that $5 or higher the credit value or the cash value? One of my games that I'm thinking about dumping has a $4 base cash value but $5 credit value and not sure if that makes a difference..
Credit. No bonus on cash trades.

I used the 15k point renewal coupon in store last week to renew a Pro account that had lapsed earlier in December. I got the 10k promo posted the same day.

You get the $5 welcome coupon instantly as a code on your receipt. The $5 monthly coupon has not posted in my active offers, so I'm assuming my first monthly coupon isn't supposed to be until January.

I have used both the welcome and the monthly coupon successfully on PHYSICAL PSN gift cards (digital code version printed on receipt does not work however). Don't have any experience using them on Xbox.
I signed up on 12/9, preordered cyberpunk and traded in all in one transaction, and I did not have a $5 welcome coupon printed anywhere on the receipt. I did receive 10k points though.

Miles Morales is listed as $25 in the weekly ad so it should be $35 with the $10 bonus.
As of the 27th, yes, you are correct. The ad went live on the 27th so if I waited a day I would have gotten $8 more, but that price was still accurate as of the 26th when I traded mine in..

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back