2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone else with a January birthday get the 20% off a pre-owned game coupon?! I am quite shocked to see it in my active offers.
attachicon.gif
C8C67BEA-FEBB-4C2A-A52C-688974FE7C88.jpeg
Got one too. Mine expires 2/15

Debating on if I want to trade in my recently finished copy of Origami King. Looks like it would be $33. Does anyone remember if this was one of the higher valued Switch titles before?

Also annoying that games randomly won't show up even if I'm sure they take them as trade, i.e. Sackboy.
Origami King was $30 base TIV about a month ago

I did the Pro membership to get the 10K points and the $5 cert printed on the receipt. This was on 12/29, and apparently the code expired 12/31. Do these codes usually expire after 2 days?
Did you do a renewal or a new signup? I did a renewal and there wasn't one on mine. Also, their rewards are typically good for a specific period of time. My PUR Pro membership coupon was issues 12/30 and it still had the 12/31 expiration for that period.

I used my $10 Cyberpunk game coin on an eshop gift card on 12/31 and when I tried to use the gift card it’s not working at all. I checked the receipt and the cashier never rang it up. Called the store and was basically told if it’s not on the receipt there’s nothing they can do. So I’m out that $10 game coin since it expired on 31st...
If it's not rung up on the receipt, then you couldn't have used your game coin on it. Always ALWAYS check your receipt before you leave the store when you buy gift cards from any store to make sure it was activated. Mistakes happen

Looked back over the past few pages but didn't see an answer. Do the $5 month certs work with purchasing eShop credit? I know they work with Xbox and PSN credit.

Are there anyone who can redeem the reward points for online orders? I have redeemed 50000 points but it cannot applied to my online order for my video game.

Are TIV's still holding?

The app isn't storing TIV's correctly (they are super low, compared to the desktop site).

Not sure which is correct, the app or the desktop site.

If the inventory pickup for the daily deal worked (Street Power Soccer), it would be an fun boomerang.  :beer: Might not be too terrible to just stock, no clue on the value stability of this franchise  :bomb:

Gamestop being sneaky again...ac valhalla and cold war ps5 have lower tivs than the ps4 versions to make up for the $10 bump

anyone know the tiv for miles morales ps4?

Gamestop being sneaky again...ac valhalla and cold war ps5 have lower tivs than the ps4 versions to make up for the $10 bump

anyone know the tiv for miles morales ps4?
IDK but it's a lot cheaper to buy the PS5 version on the secondary market, presumably from it being included in most PS5 bundles.

I wish they had just made 1 version for both consoles like what *gasp* EA did for its games

I can confirm double dipping still works for monthly PUR $5. You do have to first load it to your account online, then use it in store first, then go back online and use it there. I loaded mine online at the beginning of the month, used it in store a few days later, and then used it online a couple days after that. Seems if you do not follow that exact order, the cert. Disappears or says already used.

I can confirm double dipping still works for monthly PUR $5. You do have to first load it to your account online, then use it in store first, then go back online and use it there. I loaded mine online at the beginning of the month, used it in store a few days later, and then used it online a couple days after that. Seems if you do not follow that exact order, the cert. Disappears or says already used.
I have a hard time finding something to spend the $5 on once a month. 90% of the time I get Xbox credit and we can’t do that online.

just for reference, had to get a manual override for the $5 bump for nioh 2 ps4, but RE 3 ps4 and yoshis crafted world nsw worked as it should.

miles morales ps4 was $27 after $5 bump...:/

My store didn't have $5 physical Xbox GC -- got the digital/virtual one (printed on register receipt) and $5 monthly coupon (V3) worked fine on it

Also bought $50 Amazon GC -- no problem paying with $50 Happy card ($42.50 sale on Amazon a week ago)

"Buy any new title $29.99+ and get 30% off 1 pre-owned title, or buy any 2 new titles $29.99+ and get 50% off 1 pre-owned title!"

Promo has been ongoing for awhile.
Okay -- maybe I'm just going mad, but I couldn't find that description text when it showed up for me...

Trying to burn through this $15 online only code...

Decided to go to the GS store that's shutting down for good on the 24th to see what I could find. Place is picked clean from holiday shopping is my wild guess. What little used games that are left are 60% off and new or "gamestop new" games are 40% off.

Managed to get NHL 21 pre-owned (PS4) and Wreckfest "gamestop new" (XB1) for about $48 $38 and change. Used my 20% off B-Day coupon and it was applied to NHL 21.

Edit: I totally got the amount I paid for the games wrong, lol.

Probably going to go Saturday to trade in Spiderman (base game) PS4 as I got the GOTY PS4 during the holiday sales. Saturday is the last day for the $5 bonus, right? From reading the thread it seems most people didn't get it for Spiderman PS4, but IIRC at least one person did.

I'm just hoping that it is YMMV enough that the folks at my GameStop add it. $8.80 (with the 10%) is a good TIV, it was under $5.00 a few weeks ago. But $13.80 would be sweet. Anybody else have success getting the $5 bonus during this promotion period?

Also bought $50 Amazon GC -- no problem paying with $50 Happy card ($42.50 sale on Amazon a week ago)
So you used a GC gift card to buy an Amazon GC? Now if only we could use trade credit to buy a GS gift card... and wonder if a cert would work like it did before? :whistle2:k

Did any one find this is in store?
Never saw it available for pickup, but one of my XB1+PS4 sets shipped from a local GS so it could be converted-from-new. TIVs still held at 17 & 20 base. :D

But $13.80 would be sweet. Anybody else have success getting the $5 bonus during this promotion period?
Yes, and since they add the +5 to the base value when manual overriding should ring up $14.30 trade credit. If you know your various store employees well enough will eventually know which ones will have the ability / authority to price override both buying and trading in. In my case, I saved most of the over-ride games for one particular store that I knew had an anal store manager that did everything by the fine print, which cuts both ways (this was the same one that forced me to use every +5 towards a trade in a whiles back) :oldman:

So you used a GC gift card to buy an Amazon GC? Now if only we could use trade credit to buy a GS gift card... and wonder if a cert would work like it did before? :whistle2:k
Happy card is a prepaid Visa debit card

Happy Treats works at GS and sometimes comes on sale: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085LM7CCM/

Last week it was on sale for $42.50 and I was able to pay with Amazon GC balance -- used the card to buy $50 Amazon at GS to turn it back into Amazon

Never saw it available for pickup, but one of my XB1+PS4 sets shipped from a local GS so it could be converted-from-new. TIVs still held at 17 & 20 base. :D
When is your shipment expected to arrive? I was planning on doing what you did but the expected ship date was the 13th to the 16th. The game has bad reviews and I expect the TIV to drop really fast.

Store pickup for online games is available now.

I know trading in 2 copies of a game in the same transaction is somewhat frowned upon, but does that apply if they are from different consoles?
i've done it a ton with no issue...plenty of people have both consoles, and who's to say they're not in different rooms or whatever? i wouldn't worry about it...i guess you could always get a Jr. Detective and have to deal with some shit, but it's never been a problem i've run into...

I know trading in 2 copies of a game in the same transaction is somewhat frowned upon, but does that apply if they are from different consoles?
If questioned, I just say I buy and trade a lot of games and that's good enough for them. Plus it's an easy way to get out of the "how was this game?" questions.

I got a $10 bonus on Forza Horizon 4. $26.50 with pro. Not bad. Idk if other XB1 games are getting the $10 bump instead of the $5

If questioned, I just say I buy and trade a lot of games and that's good enough for them. Plus it's an easy way to get out of the "how was this game?" questions.
Another response I’ve found is to say your a trophy hunter / achievement hunter and you buy/sell games to keep up with DLC add-one and whatnot. You can even offer to show them your trophy counts, and you’ll pull it up on your phone, and by this point they are rushing to complete the transaction and deal with the next customers usually.

Thanks guys. I'm not much of a flipper/trader but a quick double up+ on a clearance game from Costco was hard to pass on.

Now to see if the 10k points for renewing PUR still stands. There wasn't a code for that righr?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back