2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone notice their Gamestops seem to be swapping/borrowing employees from store to store? Might be a pre-cursor to some closings, but haven't seen any sales in my region. Weird seeing a regular employee from one store in another, especially if you're trying to trade in the same set of games O:)

Yea, unfortunately I don't spend nearly enough time monitoring stocks to ever try to time anything.

Main problem is that it didn't show up on the weekly flyer the distribute in the store or the weekly ad on the site so they have no fine-print to read. I got all my manual trades in last week so maybe there was a notice passed out to SLs when corporate noticed all the manual adjustments :cold:

I'm within $100 of the running $2k limit right now and have around 9 games at the QTY:4 limit and did a small trade and purchase today without issue. Though the most recent guy did look at my last few purchases and said "I must really like Street Power Soccer. I sure do! :p (Wonder if they can see the last 5 trade-ins as well....)
I know hours got cut a few weeks ago. So it's been single coverage for them most days. One store called another to get someone to cover their lunch/dinner break and send them back.

Next weeks bonus is 20% for 3 PS5, Series X and switch games or 30% for 5 games and looks like you can add 10% to those.
Really crappy if they're already excluding ps4/xb1.

Anyone know which games get the special trade bonus in treatment next week?

Looking to trade Immortals (PS4) but wondering if a base of $22 is too low. I can see (in my imagination) this being the $30 trade of the week.
Your imagination is wild. After the game went to $30 3 week after release, I was amazed it went back to full price. I would never bank on anything other than Switch 1st party titles getting the guaranteed $30+ trade.

so a pro day is coming up on 23rd.
Let's guess what will be on sale! Mario + Rabbids, Lego XYZ, and the same 2 dozen titles as every other pro day.

Ugh Gamestop.... 5/$10 isnt working.... and anyone else not seeing a deal of the day?
Judging by the URL when you click on the link on the mainpage, the 5 for $10 is the Deal of the Day. Of course, this makes no sense since the deal is in the flyer for the week. Also, it's not working for me either. My sister was upset she could only give me a $25 gift card for my birthday. This would be a great way of maximizing her gift. Just waiting for it to kick in.

So who actually got a full $10 extra for Forza Horizon 4?  I traded two copies yesterday, and got $21.50 each for both.

Next weeks bonus is 20% for 3 PS5, Series X and switch games or 30% for 5 games and looks like you can add 10% to those.
I guess I haven't been around GS thread long enough to remember when they did something like this for a trade promo. I guess crap games like Starlink or Galak Z could be used to get to 5 if you really wanted that extra 10%! :whistle2:?

Multiple coupons are fine if they are different values, but they may negate the original discount.
Yep, I've had them say I could either use the cert or the discount promo... which was lame. Separately, I think there is a limit of 4 certs per transaction?

I know hours got cut a few weeks ago. So it's been single coverage for them most days.
Makes sense-ish, I guess they had triple coverage for the 1st week of the year to handle returns. Luckily they do seem to be getting shipments of stuff in. We'll see if there is anything worth picking up on pro-day! :whistle2:o

I guess I haven't been around GS thread long enough to remember when they did something like this for a trade promo. I guess crap games like Starlink or Galak Z could be used to get to 5 if you really wanted that extra 10%! :whistle2:?

Yep, I've had them say I could either use the cert or the discount promo... which was lame. Separately, I think there is a limit of 4 certs per transaction?

Makes sense-ish, I guess they had triple coverage for the 1st week of the year to handle returns. Luckily they do seem to be getting shipments of stuff in. We'll see if there is anything worth picking up on pro-day! :whistle2:o
I thought you could use 3 coupons per transaction, but the register let you use as many as you want (so long as they're different denominations)?

Was also a little confused by the trade 3 for 20% and trade 5 for 30%. Doesn't really make sense since in the past it's always been trade 3/4/5 games for an extra 30/40/50 percent (or something like that). If it is the former, that seems low. However, in any case if that is actually what it is, it will technically be better than the $5 extra TIC promo for switch games if the base TIV is over $16.67 (if you're trading more than 5 games). However, it's worse than the $10 extra TIC promo for XSX/PS5 trades as the games have to have a base TIV of more than $33.33, which I don't think pretty much any XSX or PS5 games have a base TIV that high.

Math is below, assuming 5 games minimim traded in (30% extra TIC for basic power up rewards members, however, calc below is for PUR which would bump up to 40% extra TIC).

Switch:
(x)(1.1)+5=(x)(1.4)
x=16.67

PS5/XSX:
(x)(1.1)+10=(x)(1.4)
x=33.33

I thought you could use 3 coupons per transaction, but the register let you use as many as you want (so long as they're different denominations)?

Was also a little confused by the trade 3 for 20% and trade 5 for 30%. Doesn't really make sense since in the past it's always been trade 3/4/5 games for an extra 30/40/50 percent (or something like that). If it is the former, that seems low. However, in any case if that is actually what it is, it will technically be better than the $5 extra TIC promo for switch games if the base TIV is over $16.67 (if you're trading more than 5 games). However, it's worse than the $10 extra TIC promo for XSX/PS5 trades as the games have to have a base TIV of more than $33.33, which I don't think pretty much any XSX or PS5 games have a base TIV that high.

Math is below, assuming 5 games minimim traded in (30% extra TIC for basic power up rewards members, however, calc below is for PUR which would bump up to 40% extra TIC).

Switch:
(x)(1.1)+5=(x)(1.4)
x=16.67

PS5/XSX:
(x)(1.1)+10=(x)(1.4)
x=33.33
Is the $10 extra credit still going on for PS5/Series X games though?

I can't seem to redeem any of my online coupons...the $5 monthly certificate and the $10 certificate I redeemed with points. Keeps saying the coupons are invalid. Anyone else have similar issues?

I can't seem to redeem any of my online coupons...the $5 monthly certificate and the $10 certificate I redeemed with points. Keeps saying the coupons are invalid. Anyone else have similar issues?
Repede is awesome, so I'll attempt an answer here. There's probably more than one problem operative.

1. Monthly certificates that say V3 are (again) in-store only. V2's still work online for items not restricted due to other discounts. The version you currently get varies by account.

2. Online certificates purchased with points frequently do not work. It's recommended to avoid them altogether and stick to buying instore certs.

50% off 5 is back it seems... 

+10 still shows up on the homepage in web + app, but specifically says "On Select Games", so who knows.. maybe the +5 is still active as well. I just wouldn't bother trying to a manual adjust this week  O:)

50% off 5 is back it seems...

+10 still shows up on the homepage in web + app, but specifically says "On Select Games", so who knows.. maybe the +5 is still active as well. I just wouldn't bother trying to a manual adjust this week O:)
Some decent sales to combine with the 50% at least for speculation...Maybe my final set of super power soccer will leave the store so I have something worth trading to find out. I'm already skeptical about the current trade deal working as advertised. After trading 200 games towards the +5, I'll wait for someone else to confirm/deny the trade bonuses.

Are you trying to apply the monthly $5 coupon to an item that's on sale?

Repede is awesome, so I'll attempt an answer here. There's probably more than one problem operative.

1. Monthly certificates that say V3 are (again) in-store only. V2's still work online for items not restricted due to other discounts. The version you currently get varies by account.

2. Online certificates purchased with points frequently do not work. It's recommended to avoid them altogether and stick to buying instore certs.
Thank you both! I ended up calling CS and just got the points refunded. Gonna just use it in-store like you guys are saying.

I have a quick question about the buy 5 save 50% thing.  If I have to return 1 of the game do they just refund me the %50 off price for that game or do they re-adjust the percentages for the rest of the purchase and refund me less?

I have a quick question about the buy 5 save 50% thing. If I have to return 1 of the game do they just refund me the %50 off price for that game or do they re-adjust the percentages for the rest of the purchase and refund me less?
Generally they will refund whatever is on the receipt or packing slip, which should be the 50% off price. No prorating or anything. The exception is if the games come from the warehouse, then it will deduct the $5 shipping free across the games and you can try to argue to get the full amount back on a return, but YMMV.

I have a quick question about the buy 5 save 50% thing. If I have to return 1 of the game do they just refund me the %50 off price for that game or do they re-adjust the percentages for the rest of the purchase and refund me less?
I had to return 2 of 5 games from a recent order and they gave me what I paid on those games. They won’t try to dick you and lower your original discount. Because if they did I might have owed them money.

Definitely nowhere close to the $2K and I never go past 3 copies of a game in one month to be safe. The only thing that might have triggered it is I traded 2 copies of Sekiro and Nioh 2 on the same day to 2 different stores? Done that many times before though.
Similar experience here. Hit 3 stores one evening and had each store do 2 transactions(I'm a regular at all 3). FH4 and DOOM Eternal PS4 on transaction #1, and DOOM Eternal xb1 by itself. I did this becasue DOOM xb1 was breaking the $10 bonus on FH4.

Transaction #5 I traded copy #3 of DOOM ps4 and FH4, no problem.
Same store, 10 seconds later, transaction #6 was flagged with the over trade limit message when i tried to trade copy 3 of DOOM Eternal PS4

I've been actively flipping game to GS since the $72 Pikmin days. Something changed. The guess I have atm is that it was copy #3 (tied to my ID) that triggered the ban. Dollar amount definitely wasn't a factor.

I got a fedex tracking # for a 5/50% order made today. For my area, this is a very positive change from usps.

Something changed.
My conjecture, based of the descriptions here and something I heard from a manager recently, is that there are additional restrictions added concerning multiple trades of the same game on the same day.

Interesting discussion, for another data point, I've traded in 3 of the same game (Spider-man PS4) at different stores on the 6th and haven't gotten flagged. All 3 were manually adjusted as well. Others games I've hit 4 copies for PS4 and XB1 systems (ie - Power Soccer) but spread out over multiple days. If you're trading in without a barcode - make sure they ring up the right game for the right system - otherwise you might go to 5 due to a fat finger?

Also, I think maybe more recent games might be flagged more consistently? (like trying to trade in 4 copies of Madden 21 in the same day?)  :shock:

I think this was asked a few weeks ago, but I'm having issues with my Gamestop cart.

I'm getting the error of, "For technical reasons, your request could not be handled properly at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience."

It's the same on the app, on mobile, and on PC.

I've tried deleting cookies, logging in/out, etc...nothing helps. Anyone know a fix?

Some questions.
My monthly $5 coupon is causing a error message when checking out with a $5 game but a more expensive $6 game works. Any way to fix this or can my cart total not be $0.

My PS5 is missing several items in my order I have called multiple times to fix this but got nowhere any ideas?

Lastly assuming I cannot get problem one fixed does anyone need a $5 monthly coupon?

Some questions.
My monthly $5 coupon is causing a error message when checking out with a $5 game but a more expensive $6 game works. Any way to fix this or can my cart total not be $0.
Lastly assuming I cannot get problem one fixed does anyone need a $5 monthly coupon?
The website restricts any kind of cert from applying to a game that is already discounted from another promo. So that maybe the case with the $5 game you're attempting. But hey if you get to the point of giving up on it feel free to send the code by pm.

Welp,  one more store started liquidation in my area: 

6643 - Shops At Boot Ranch - Palm Harbor, FL 

Real bummer as it was bigger and always had way better inventory than the other store in the city.

Local store is at 90% liquidation for preowned games. I snagged around 15ish games. Nothing crazy. Doom eternal for $1.90 probably the top hit.

I remember the ones that closed last year had brand new Xbox one S’s for $90 the second to last day.

Local store is at 90% liquidation for preowned games. I snagged around 15ish games. Nothing crazy. Doom eternal for $1.90 probably the top hit.

I remember the ones that closed last year had brand new Xbox one S’s for $90 the second to last day.
Damn 90%? Stores around me just switched to 70% on Thursday and they close on Sunday. Wonder if they changed again already

Thanks to whoever posted that the 50% is still going/back.

Ordered another 12 games (against my better judgement) but 11 per after tax isn't bad at all. Probably the best deal was vesperia switch for 14.99 iirc. 

Thanks to whoever posted that the 50% is still going/back.

Ordered another 12 games (against my better judgement) but 11 per after tax isn't bad at all. Probably the best deal was vesperia switch for 14.99 iirc.
If u have spare time, you can come back every few hours to see if some games stock is back. I have been watching for a whole week and found some games pop in stock for 2-5 suddenly, like Pokemon Black and White(these are not included in the 50% sale), a hat in time for switch

Stock has been like that for a while.  Partially due to the -1 thing.  Adding to cart through the app and ordering to store pick up/store same day delivery are ways to get around the stock issue sometimes. 

There's only a handful of games I'd really want to stalk and pick up but they never seem to come back in stock on the ds/3ds anyway.

Fun fact about liquidating stores, you can still use giftcards/TIC. Hit a store that was 70% on Saturday and picked up anything trading in for over $5 for the trade bonus, traded at another store, then went back and bought some more. Also got their PS4 kiosk with TV and camera for $60 (which I paid in TIC). They're waiting to hear back from Nintendo to see if they can sell the Switch kiosk as well.

Reading through this thread, I think I may have fucked up. I bought 2 Avengers for $14 each (50% off of the $27.99 it was on sale for when they started liquidating), traded one copy, then went to another store 30 minutes later to trade my 2nd copy and some other games. I've never traded with this kid, but I had a super random assortment of games, so when he said I hit my trade limit, I thought maybe he could tell I was flipping.

This was my second trade since coming off of my ban and the signature prompt never came up on the pinpad, so I thought he was lying. I went to a different store, and the trade went through with no issue, so I burned him on the survey. Now I see that they're changing trade limits up and I probably burned him for no reason, but on the other hand, I was still able to trade at another store 🤔

Fun fact about liquidating stores, you can still use giftcards/TIC. Hit a store that was 70% on Saturday and picked up anything trading in for over $5 for the trade bonus, traded at another store, then went back and bought some more. Also got their PS4 kiosk with TV and camera for $60 (which I paid in TIC). They're waiting to hear back from Nintendo to see if they can sell the Switch kiosk as well.

Reading through this thread, I think I may have fucked up. I bought 2 Avengers for $14 each (50% off of the $27.99 it was on sale for when they started liquidating), traded one copy, then went to another store 30 minutes later to trade my 2nd copy and some other games. I've never traded with this kid, but I had a super random assortment of games, so when he said I hit my trade limit, I thought maybe he could tell I was flipping.

This was my second trade since coming off of my ban and the signature prompt never came up on the pinpad, so I thought he was lying. I went to a different store, and the trade went through with no issue, so I burned him on the survey. Now I see that they're changing trade limits up and I probably burned him for no reason, but on the other hand, I was still able to trade at another store 🤔
Trade bans should be effective across all stores. I remember getting abnned and just thinking the employee at the first store I went to was being an a-hole. Then I went to the second store and the employee sowed me the screen saying I went over the trade limit (or whatever it says, can't remember as it was like 3 years ago).

Trade bans should be effective across all stores. I remember getting abnned and just thinking the employee at the first store I went to was being an a-hole. Then I went to the second store and the employee sowed me the screen saying I went over the trade limit (or whatever it says, can't remember as it was like 3 years ago).
That's what I thought, I'll have to try again tomorrow to see what happens.

It's just a super weird situation, since the Assistant Manager at that store called me out on flipping during the great 4 for $20/$5 trade bonus around Thanksgiving 2019. He was cool with it, and we ended up becoming friends. Since I was in there so often anyway, he would use my PUR account to pad his numbers when people didn't have one. I haven't really talked to him in a while, (not sure if he even works there anymore), that's just another possible angle here.

This was my second trade since coming off of my ban and the signature prompt never came up on the pinpad, so I thought he was lying. I went to a different store, and the trade went through with no issue, so I burned him on the survey. Now I see that they're changing trade limits up and I probably burned him for no reason, but on the other hand, I was still able to trade at another store
Do we know what the "new" limits are?

I got an email that says that they are still offering 10,000 PUR points for renewing Pro membership. Does anyone know if you sign up online if you get the $5 welcome certificate or do you have to go in store and sign up to receive it on the receipt? Thanks

Moment they do that or start giving hassle/flack,move onto next best location. Had to do a couple times myself

If u have spare time, you can come back every few hours to see if some games stock is back. I have been watching for a whole week and found some games pop in stock for 2-5 suddenly, like Pokemon Black and White(these are not included in the 50% sale), a hat in time for switch
There was a decent restock yesterday. Wii, DS, PS3, and a few others had some games come back. Wii and PS3 are likely to be disc only, so a gamble there. Afrika for PS3 came in stock, but is 59.99. I saw 2 available for that, was available for about 4 hours or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back