2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually there is restock everyday. Usually happen in the morning 7-8 EST. I saw that Afrika too. I am looking for some ds games. Complete half of the buying list for ds in only a week.

I was able to grab several pokemon games, professor layton, chrono trigger, and other titles. Using that buy 2 get 1 pre-owned games 50% off on pokemon games is really a steal for me. Hoping I receive the authentic copy!
Damn I would be all over that trying to get DS games seems to have been harder now on GS

Can someone clarify how redeeming a pro membership with points works?  I think in the past it was like a print barcode/coupon you had to bring to the store but seeing now it's a "code" sent when you redeem.  Can anyone confirm for me how this works?  Like do you add a membership to your cart and a coupon code takes the $15 off? 

Any other retailer I would just assume it works smoothly but Gamestop....

Can someone clarify how redeeming a pro membership with points works? I think in the past it was like a print barcode/coupon you had to bring to the store but seeing now it's a "code" sent when you redeem. Can anyone confirm for me how this works? Like do you add a membership to your cart and a coupon code takes the $15 off?

Just pick a store/employee you don't hate and tell them you'd like to use points to renew. They can process it and print the barcode instore.

If a particular store and/or employee is helpful then I make sure to use them for my renewals & occasional preorders.

For anyone in the Twin Cities area, the GameStop store in Uptown Minneapolis has 3 days left until they close. New games 70% off, used games 90% off. Not much left, but they do have Super Mario 3D All Stars and Animal Crossing available for $18. Not sure how many AC, but should have 20 or so copies of mario. Funko pops are 80% off, but they have like 10. Bunch of cart only DS games, but nothing that jumped out.

I bought a bunch of stuff for about $200, including 2 Game and Watch for $30 each.

For anyone in the Twin Cities area, the GameStop store in Uptown Minneapolis has 3 days left until they close. New games 70% off, used games 90% off. Not much left, but they do have Super Mario 3D All Stars and Animal Crossing available for $18. Not sure how many AC, but should have 20 or so copies of mario. Funko pops are 80% off, but they have like 10. Bunch of cart only DS games, but nothing that jumped out.

I bought a bunch of stuff for about $200, including 2 Game and Watch for $30 each.
They had game and watches left. damn.

Thanks for posting this! Just snagged Hyrule Warriors, Animal Crossing and a copy of Super Mario 3D All Stars for my nephew for $18 each. Also grabbed Rage 2 (used) for X1 for $1.80 and one of the last funko was Saru from Star Trek Discovery so grabbed that for $2.80.

Just saw that Crackdown 3 dropped to $7...

Not gonna lie, I had more fun with that game than I have with a lot of AAA titles. Get it, especially if you need another game for 5-for-50% off.

First refurbished Zelda themed 3DS from the warehouse in Texas came today. Arrived in the typical cardboard GS box and I thought it was in pretty good shape. (Gaming shelf has a new resident!) The 3DS build quality definitely a step above the plasticy 2DS XLs I let my kids play with  :razz:

sCa6ZYV.png

Received 5 used Switch games that I ordered Monday with the 50% off special and all showed up complete.  This was my first time ordering used games from them and am quite happy how this one turned out.

There wasn't a sticker but was able to buy the 3DS game display case at my store that's closing.  Still a lot of $40 games to sell before I can take it.

When buying from a promo (5 for 50% off), can you return individual games? Even if the return happens at the prompt price. I just don't want to be stuck with crappy generic gamestop cases

Got some games with the 5/50% off deal... Two were in sleeves (no case), Halo 4 is supposed to come with 2 discs but only one is in the case and one of the xbox one games has a Redbox sticker that someone tried to peel off which scratched it all up. Seriously?! I am taking them all to the local store for a refund. I know buying from Gamestop.com is risky, but seriously the conditions of these games are awful.

Anyone try trading in 5 switch games and get 30% + 10% = 40%? :bomb: And more specifically, trade in 5 of these games to get $42/ea? O:)

LNe4mSo.png
That's probably not what would happen. BotW is currently $25 base, so it would either get $5 added as a promo to jump to $30 OR $7.50 + $2.50 added to jump to $35.

Sorry if I missed this, but did someone already confirm no PS4 game bonuses this week? If so, anyone know of any trade in boosts for pre orders or for the Pro Day sale tomorrow?

Bumping this... looking to do an order later today and have enough points to redeem pro membership so figure why not do that first but gamestop.com is very vague on how it actually works.

Can someone clarify how redeeming a pro membership with points online works? I think in the past it was like a print barcode/coupon you had to bring to the store but seeing now it's a "code" sent when you redeem. Can anyone confirm for me how this works? Like do you add a membership to your cart and a coupon code takes the $15 off?

Wanted the DOTD Mario Backpack for $10, no available for pickup around me so decided I would bite on the 5/50% deal. Can't get the 50% to work... I am literally trying to spend like $45 on games I don't need to get free shipping on a crappy $10 backpack... after fiddling with the online, mobile, and app carts I realized this is a waste of money and time so I'm out...

How does a company make impulse buying a hassle? 

There wasn't a sticker but was able to buy the 3DS game display case at my store that's closing. Still a lot of $40 games to sell before I can take it.
What games are left and how much %off?

Has anyone used any of the PUR Perk $10 rewards? I randomly got 5 in my account recently.

Wanted a backpack but my welcome certificate doesn’t work.

Two questions: once you redeem PUR points for a cert, does it ever expire? And can you use it on sale items?

Wanted a backpack but my welcome certificate doesn’t work.

Two questions: once you redeem PUR points for a cert, does it ever expire? And can you use it on sale items?
1. Yes. The expiration date will be on the cert issued. Often 1-2 months out. Sometimes less.
2. Varies, website often restricts items already discounted.

For me in Dec the $5 welcome was instore only. And online certs are not recommended since they're frequently broken.

Bumping this... looking to do an order later today and have enough points to redeem pro membership so figure why not do that first but gamestop.com is very vague on how it actually works.
It's always been a store-only coupon AFAIK. If you don't mind heading into a store during the pandemic, the promo for 10k points for signing up might still be running. You should also still get the $5 bonus coupon on your receipt if they're still doing that, but it expires at the end of the month.

from what I can tell since the deal of the day titles don't work with the buy 5 under $30 save 50% promo the stuff that drops under $30 for pro day won't either. 

Wanted the DOTD Mario Backpack for $10, no available for pickup around me so decided I would bite on the 5/50% deal. Can't get the 50% to work... I am literally trying to spend like $45 on games I don't need to get free shipping on a crappy $10 backpack... after fiddling with the online, mobile, and app carts I realized this is a waste of money and time so I'm out...

How does a company make impulse buying a hassle?
Funny, I had the same experience but decided to pull the trigger on my order because I spent so long with it and I wanted the backpack for a gift.

I'm relatively new to the 3DS so I can pretty much always find 5 games I don't already own under $30/ea. Even still it took quite a while.

Here's a first for me:  2 days ago I ordered 8 games on the 50% off (5 or more under $30) sale and 2 games arrived already by FedEx today, meanwhile I haven't received any shipping confirmation and all 8 items still say "preparing for shipment" when I check my order status online. 

It's always been a store-only coupon AFAIK. If you don't mind heading into a store during the pandemic, the promo for 10k points for signing up might still be running. You should also still get the $5 bonus coupon on your receipt if they're still doing that, but it expires at the end of the month.
YMMV but I signed up online and didn’t see the 10k promotion or click any link. But they gave it to me.

Here's a first for me: 2 days ago I ordered 8 games on the 50% off (5 or more under $30) sale and 2 games arrived already by FedEx today, meanwhile I haven't received any shipping confirmation and all 8 items still say "preparing for shipment" when I check my order status online.
Not surprised given that their website is a dumpster fire.

I have 2 packages that arrived today. Vesperia switch, vesperia ps4 and tales of graces f all complete in one bubble mailer. Vesperia switch zesty ps4, berseria ps4, tales of graces f ps3 Valkyrie revolution ps4 and all but graces f and Valkyrie revolution came complete. Must have tripped over a unicorn to get a ps3 game complete.

Not surprised given that their website is a dumpster fire.

I have 2 packages that arrived today. Vesperia switch, vesperia ps4 and tales of graces f all complete in one bubble mailer. Vesperia switch zesty ps4, berseria ps4, tales of graces f ps3 Valkyrie revolution ps4 and all but graces f and Valkyrie revolution came complete. Must have tripped over a unicorn to get a ps3 game complete.
Yeah I ordered Fight Night Champion on PS3 and I'm hoping for the same unicorn sighting. Last time I bought it in the store (years ago) the underside of disk looked like it had been used in a game of solar-frisbee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back