2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Logged into my account and almost fell over when I saw I had 6 active offers lol.  They're just "bait to buy" coupons, but I haven't seen them in a while and I never got 5 at once.  Wow, is Gamestop back?  We need to make up a name for the imaginary man behind the magical curtain. 

I've been searching for news but can't find anything. Sounds kind of like I'll have to wait until midnight or after, ie virtually the last minute, before I even have an idea of the sales.
Guess that means the deals are even more garbage than usual, since they usually boost about their mediocre deals ahead of time

Yeah I ordered Fight Night Champion on PS3 and I'm hoping for the same unicorn sighting. Last time I bought it in the store (years ago) the underside of disk looked like it had been used in a game of solar-frisbee.

I ordered 5 PS3 games and all came complete but 1. There's hope

Signed up for pro like a week ago. Swear I saw the 10,000 points in my account a few days later. Now my account shows 0 points and there isn’t anything in my rewards activity. Does this happen often and do I need to call customer service?

Signed up for pro like a week ago. Swear I saw the 10,000 points in my account a few days later. Now my account shows 0 points and there isn’t anything in my rewards activity. Does this happen often and do I need to call customer service?
more than likely they auto issued a certificate, unless you had the foresight to change it to banking points.

It could be a glitch or sometimes the points disappear and then come back again randomly. Certain accounts also had a problem over the past for years with points being stolen so it could be a few things. Ever since they updated the app it is glitchy most of the time.
I called - they could see my points but it seemed wrong (slightly more than I expected). Then they said I had two accounts. One was from an old email address I must have signed up for the free account for years ago, and it had 250 points on it. They said they could merge them, and then said they did successfully. And now I log in and it still says zero points. Functionality!

OK before I plunge into the world of Gamestop customer service, let me know how this is going to go - I ordered 5 used games at the 50% off deal, 4 have arrived, but on the little paper slip in the envelope, and in the tracking email, it says all 5 should be in there. I'm missing a game. What are my chances of actually getting the game or some kind of refund/credit?

OK before I plunge into the world of Gamestop customer service, let me know how this is going to go - I ordered 5 used games at the 50% off deal, 4 have arrived, but on the little paper slip in the envelope, and in the tracking email, it says all 5 should be in there. I'm missing a game. What are my chances of actually getting the game or some kind of refund/credit?
If you call enough times your issues will eventually be resolved. If you are lucky it might only take 2 calls!

I have had great luck with customer service and refund or replacement in that case.

Not good, I'm afraid. As others have said, it'll likely take multiple calls, and hopefully not ones hours long. Good luck.

Managed to get Assassin's Creed Valhalla Ultimate Edition for ps4 for $39 from a store that's closing. Also got Project Helios for $9, Warriors Orochi 4 for $2.50 used, Divinity Original sin 2 for $5 used. Went to another store that was closing and got Dragon Age Origins for 360 for 20 cents and saw they still had a bunch of copies of Watch Dogs Legion. Nobody wants that game apparently even when it's less than 20 bucks.

I personally contacted the Gamestop customer service earlier. Got a reship of those games missing. Tried to chat with the agent 3 times. And I got the games today.

Glad I decided to go today to use my $5 certificate(ending up finding Tokyo Xanadu on PS4) instead of waiting for Pro Day, the sale looks bad.      Good luck finding those preowned Ps4 & XB1 controllers in stores, they never had them when they had them for $40 in the weekly ad.

Last day for the GameStop’s in my area. One was cleaned out but I did manage to get watch dogs legion Xbox for $12 and madden 21 series x for $14. Not bad. Snagged a metric ton of ps3 / Xbox 360 games too because why not lol.

Can confirm the +30% for 5x switch games does stack with the 10% base pro to 40%.... but some of the "top trade values" don't actually ring up as 30. SL was "pleasantly" surprised since he was convinced it wouldn't work. (I didn't actually trade in, just told him to ring up the 5x Top Trades for fun)  O:) No need to trade towards anything!

Hopefully pro-day will have a trade-in promo.. doesn't look promising though  :robot:

Would I have gotten the same amount if I traded toward Hitman 3?? Or is Hitman 3 getting an additional 10% to bring me up to 40% trade in bonus?? Or would it have been the same 30% extra total??[attachment=35201:F135C952-4A21-4A8A-8EA4-21A60E82FC18.jpeg]

Also, does anyone know if I want to be able to play Hitman 3 with PSVR do I need to buy the PS4 version to be able to do this? Basically I’m asking if I bought the PS5 version of Hitman 3 am I screwed out of the PSVR mode? Also, does the PS4 version of Hitman 3 come with a free upgrade to the PS5 version if I buy a physical copy of Hitman 3 for PS4??

Would I have gotten the same amount if I traded toward Hitman 3?? Or is Hitman 3 getting an additional 10% to bring me up to 40% trade in bonus?? Or would it have been the same 30% extra total??
attachicon.gif
F135C952-4A21-4A8A-8EA4-21A60E82FC18.jpeg
All the preorder promos should be a flat 20% + 10% (pro). No distinction among eligible titles.

How long does the $5 trade in bonus last for last gen games? Is it limit still $5 base?
+$5 is over.

Well that's a surprise. Another game came in the mail today and it's shining resonance refrain but the complete draconic launch edition with the slipcover and steel book case. Things pretty hefty so at first I thought there's 3 games in the bubble mailer. Definitely tripped over the unicorn with that order.

Also, does anyone know if I want to be able to play Hitman 3 with PSVR do I need to buy the PS4 version to be able to do this? Basically I’m asking if I bought the PS5 version of Hitman 3 am I screwed out of the PSVR mode? Also, does the PS4 version of Hitman 3 come with a free upgrade to the PS5 version if I buy a physical copy of Hitman 3 for PS4??
Get the PS5 version. Inside the box is a paper with a DLC code that says it gives you access to download a PS4 version. However, putting in that codes gives you a DLC token that says “VR Access.” I’m not sure if I need to go to a store menu in game to download the PS4 version from there.

Well that's a surprise. Another game came in the mail today and it's shining resonance refrain but the complete draconic launch edition with the slipcover and steel book case. Things pretty hefty so at first I thought there's 3 games in the bubble mailer. Definitely tripped over the unicorn with that order.
Did you buy a new or used copy? I ordered a new copy, but it hasn't shipped yet. So I'm just wondering...

Did you buy a new or used copy? I ordered a new copy, but it hasn't shipped yet. So I'm just wondering...
used as it was part of the 50% off order of 17 games or so I made. The other one came just the case and disc and insert. I didn't expect any to come complete with the launch edition given this is gamestop. Ended up being 6.49.

Too bad you didn't pick it up new from vgpca when they had them for I think around 12.00 or so after conversion rates last month. Was a steal.

Went into store today to pickup my .80 Battlefield 1 and use my $5 coupon. They wouldnt let me renew membership wit $5, so I got $5 in xbox currency, but after renewing I got 10,000 pts and another $5 coupon to use, so not a bad deal to renew.

Proday is real and it's spectacular !

it's actually terrible, and worse than earlier in the week for 50% titles.... but there is supposedly an extra 10% trade credit which may or may not stack with anything else.

Proday is real and it's spectacular !
Anything worth delaying bedtime over? Stacking promos?

Edit: Saw nothing. Lame how the 50% promo was killed, even for non-sale items. I wonder if it still happens to work instore?

it turns out I needed a dualshock 4 to do any vr stuff that requires a regular controller on my ps5 so getting a preowned one for $30 made pro day worth it. I wish coupons stacked with pro day deals though. I'd use my points to get valhalla for free. 

used as it was part of the 50% off order of 17 games or so I made. The other one came just the case and disc and insert. I didn't expect any to come complete with the launch edition given this is gamestop. Ended up being 6.49.
Niiice!!! I only bought one copy and it came with case only, and No steelbook sleeve.

How do I fix Access Denied in gamestop? 

I think Gamestop blocks my IP if I connect to my own wifi yesterday....I am using google chrome to try to buy the ps5 but it failed. I cannot go into their website at home. However, if I use my mobile phone network with T mobile, I can go to their website. 

If anyone can teach me how to do that, I will be appreciated.

The actual ad is up now for pro-day... did list an extra 10% trade credit (no clue if it stacks with the other promos going on now) and 30 extra credit for systems.

Looks to me like the best deal is a $3 shirt!  :oldman:

Too bad you didn't pick it up new from vgpca when they had them for I think around 12.00 or so after conversion rates last month. Was a steal.
I needed a game or 2 for free shipping since I was buying granblue versus that was on sale, and I decided on shining for $14 new since I never know what condition I'm going to get when buying pre-owned games from them.

I needed a game or 2 for free shipping since I was buying granblue versus that was on sale, and I decided on shining for $14 new since I never know what condition I'm going to get when buying pre-owned games from them.
When I was at my local gameshop, they were trying to find the case and steelbook sleeve for their new copy; it was never found, and they shipped the game out in a generic case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back