2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
All from GameStop. Persona Q has a few scratches, but pretty good condition.

9Jsl0OJ.jpg

Nice on your lot intelligentidiot! I had 2 come in today.

The good, the Hylian Shield looks great all things considered. Some small blemishes, but got lucky on this one and going to keep it.

The bad, Metroid 3DS XL came in too but I already returned it. The front had some serious damage lol.

I also like looking at the date stickers just for giggles and the boxes both had late August 2020 dates. Not that it means anything but interesting that it took that long to list them on the site.
3ea5baf87e9b7c12dc4b7280ff9d702a.jpg

28598eefa60ff485a02fcc12121fd08c.jpg

Are the 3ds systems going up in value or why are you guys buying them?
It’s a fun handheld console and these were limited editions which retain value. I primarily got one a while ago to play samus returns and link between worlds which were awesome. It also has a great library of games, some of which did not get ported to the Switch. But now my Swich gets way more use.

I think I'm good with the 3DS collection (might pickup a 2DS though!), but am looking for a random DS and some GBA editions. Unfortunately the older portables seem harder to find, so might just pickup some salvage units and re-shell them. 

But last week a few random GBA/DS games that I decided I needed for the shelf showed up in stock and probably couldn't wait for a 50% sale. Since I refuse to pay for shipping.... added a Z&Z Switch Lite to qualify.  :rofl:

So now BotW is my official "play for 5 minutes on the pooper" game. Did use that fancy Nintendo brand SD card from Costco finally. Refurbished Condition was good and no drift.. yet! 

OB1GsvP.png

Since I refuse to pay for shipping.... added a Z&Z Switch Lite to qualify. :rofl:

So now BotW is my official "play for 5 minutes on the pooper" game. [..] Refurbished Condition was good and no drift.. yet!
Gross! This is why I hate buying refurbished systems. You literally don't know how/where they were used previously. :p

I've been sitting on a 1 TB Xbox One S for a while now...but $110 is too low.  At one point Amazon offered $175-$180 but I would have needed to get a second controller so...

Too bad there weren't really any great deals for trading in towards a next gen system. 

I've been sitting on a 1 TB Xbox One S for a while now...but $110 is too low. At one point Amazon offered $175-$180 but I would have needed to get a second controller so...

Too bad there weren't really any great deals for trading in towards a next gen system.
i am glad there weren't any good deals since they never have them in stock lol

It's hilarious to me how every Gamestop employee says that they get 20+ calls a day for the $300 Nintendo Switch and every time I asked for one they never had any. Now I decided I don't want the one I got and I'm trying to sell local at cost so I can get the Mario one on Friday and I'm getting lowballed to $250 for a brand new system. I'd return it but I'd rather have cash than credit back.

It's hilarious to me how every Gamestop employee says that they get 20+ calls a day for the $300 Nintendo Switch and every time I asked for one they never had any. Now I decided I don't want the one I got and I'm trying to sell local at cost so I can get the Mario one on Friday and I'm getting lowballed to $250 for a brand new system. I'd return it but I'd rather have cash than credit back.
you have to factor in that most people aren't going to trust buying a $300 item from a random person

With the stimulus checks and tax returns, you should be able to get 300 for the console in the next few weeks

With the stimulus checks and tax returns, you should be able to get 300 for the console in the next few weeks
Funny enough, I deleted and reposted it 10 minutes after my rant and I got a guy wanting it immediately and met him at the police station and we're both happy!

Edit: It was the Fortnite edition one for the record.

I've been sitting on a 1 TB Xbox One S for a while now...but $110 is too low. At one point Amazon offered $175-$180 but I would have needed to get a second controller so...

I lucked out and got $200 for my 500gb One S toward a Switch back in...fall 2019.

Debating if I want to pick up my Mario 3D World preorder since I’ve already got it on Wii U. Will probably sit on it and wait for Nintendo’s next announcement.

hmm my order from the previous 50% off sale last month is still in awaiting pickup. the estimate was recently moved to today and now is moved to next week.   I wonder if it will ever get shipped. 

Does Gamestop still sell older systems?  Either used or refurb.  I've been trying to find a Wii U  There's never any for shipping and none within 100 miles of me.

Is anyone having trouble getting the free shipping for +$35 online? It keeps charging me unless I sign out of my account. As soon as I sign back in though, it's a no go.

FYI I was finally able to redeem some points towards a $15 coupon just now. You best believe I screenshotted that bad boy ASAP - not getting burned again.

Also, I noticed that Yakuza Like a Dragon PS4 finally showed up for Pre-Owned on the site. Would be nice if Miles Morales PS4 would get updated too, but can't realistically expect GS to make their site actually work as it should.

Went into GS yesterday to trade Immortals vanilla for $22, only took $3 loss since I bought it for $25 a few weeks ago, but got a $25 xbox card and with bing points only had to pay .19 cents for the gold edition on xbox.com, so good deal, loving the game.  But the other story was that our was getting switches in on Friday and a guy was there trying to hold one.  The GS employee said he cant but they will be sold out in a day he said.

Went into GS yesterday to trade Immortals vanilla for $22, only took $3 loss since I bought it for $25 a few weeks ago, but got a $25 xbox card and with bing points only had to pay .19 cents for the gold edition on xbox.com, so good deal, loving the game. But the other story was that our was getting switches in on Friday and a guy was there trying to hold one. The GS employee said he cant but they will be sold out in a day he said.
the new mario switches come out tomorrow

Somehow I got extremely lucky. I was randomly chackling the GameStop website at 9:22pm three days ago and saw they had the Animal Crossing Edition Nintendo Showing in stock. I was able to order one and it came in yesterday. Absurd, I know. I would say keep checking GameStop.com and you never know when they may have a Switch in stock.

They had the Red Blue joycon edition in stock yesterday. So did Walmart.com 

When does GS refresh their local store inventory? Or is that not working? 

I'm just hoping to luck out and find a copy of Ys VIII PS4 in a store since I never see it online. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back