2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
When does GS refresh their local store inventory? Or is that not working?

I'm just hoping to luck out and find a copy of Ys VIII PS4 in a store since I never see it online.
The in store inventory is set to -1 online so unless there are 2+ copies at the store it will not show up as being in stock on the website. The likelyhood of that with a title like Ys VIII is very slim. Your best bet may be stopping by a local store and asking them to check the inventory of the other local stores (if there are any others).

The in store inventory is set to -1 online so unless there are 2+ copies at the store it will not show up as being in stock on the website. The likelyhood of that with a title like Ys VIII is very slim. Your best bet may be stopping by a local store and asking them to check the inventory of the other local stores (if there are any others).
That's... interesting. Around Oct/Nov, I was able to find quite a few rare games with the in store locator (Job Simulator, Godzilla PS4, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax)- hard to believe those stores actually had 2 copies of those games.

That's... interesting. Around Oct/Nov, I was able to find quite a few rare games with the in store locator (Job Simulator, Godzilla PS4, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax)- hard to believe those stores actually had 2 copies of those games.
I first noticed GS doing this towards the end of last summer/early fall. It started out as temporary and would usually only coincide with big sales but would kick in a day or two after the sale and afterward would revert back. It seems to have gone mostly permanent since Black Friday, although I know there was a week or two since where it was working correctly only to go back to being "broken." This has been commented on quite a bit in the past in this thread.

At this time it wasn’t showing -1 in inventory in stores, it was showing the actual stock ie 1 remaining. I was able to get some copies of Crystar and vita games locally via this way. Not sure why it’s allegedly showing -1 again

Dude wtf is this actually true? I've been trying to find a few niche titles locally for a month now, every day checking the site for updates. Just figured the local stock was terrible right now. I avoid going into the stores anymore since they made the moronic move to get rid of pre-owned displays. I'm legitmately upset right now at the waste of time. Why would they do this? Gamestop is the worst.

At this time it wasn’t showing -1 in inventory in stores, it was showing the actual stock ie 1 remaining. I was able to get some copies of Crystar and vita games locally via this way. Not sure why it’s allegedly showing -1 again
Incompetence, mostly.

Dude wtf is this actually true? I've been trying to find a few niche titles locally for a month now, every day checking the site for updates. Just figured the local stock was terrible right now. I avoid going into the stores anymore since they made the moronic move to get rid of pre-owned displays. I'm legitmately upset right now at the waste of time. Why would they do this? Gamestop is the worst.
This is 100% true. IT has been happening on and off for at least a year at this point I believe, though it's spending more and more time turned on. As has been mentioned before, the only way around it is to have them search for you in store. Their systems shows the correct inventories for the stores around them. If they get annoyed looking up titles for you, remind them that the website gives you no other choice -- they can thank their bosses.

So I take it, the only way to not know if this -1 is active in stores is to actually check with a rep in store?

So I take it, the only way to not know if this -1 is active in stores is to actually check with a rep in store?
Yep. I had made a purchase and the rep was kind enough to let me know which 3 stores in NYC had new copies (singular copy actually) of Crystar after I asked. As for testing it out, death stranding preowned was showing OOS at my 2 local stores and both of them had exactly 1 in stock when I went. It seemed to revert back to the -1 inventory around Black Friday, I think?

3ds consoles available on site

including bundle with 4 games

no rare ones though
Gotta go fast

XMKwOLy.png

anyone have any luck double dipping the monthly PUR coupon? if not, i will test it out tomorrow in store and see if i can place an order online right after they ring me up.

I was in picking up 3D World and was complaining that I didn’t know what preowned games were available to combine with the 30% and they told me they are going back to the old way of displaying the cases at least at my local store.

He said they got more complaints from folks with the new method... ie they never had copies available of the displays. So they will go back to gutting new games and putting out the preowned cases.

Anyone else hear the same from their store?

I was in picking up 3D World and was complaining that I didn’t know what preowned games were available to combine with the 30% and they told me they are going back to the old way of displaying the cases at least at my local store.

He said they got more complaints from folks with the new method... ie they never had copies available of the displays. So they will go back to gutting new games and putting out the preowned cases.

Wonder why they want to go back to gutting new games

anyone have any luck double dipping the monthly PUR coupon? if not, i will test it out tomorrow in store and see if i can place an order online right after they ring me up.

Hell I can barely get it to work at all online let alone double dip this month. I loaded it to my cart and the next day, I couldnt even view my cart, kept getting errors on my phone and computers. Had to clear cache and such. Booted the code out. Now it wont even apply to a preowned game! Only thing it works on seems to be 'new" games. Even cag16 isnt working.

Yep, the few I've been to in the last few weeks have put preowned cases back out and pulled any display cases for stuff they don't have in stock. Apparently this applies to controllers and systems too(behind locked cases), so you should know if they have any controllers or Switch consoles in stock now. So apparently the store feedback complaining about playing the guessing game on what is in stock has been heard.

I have a question about trading in a console for gamestop.

Now there is a promotion up to $50 for trading in.

https://www.gamestop.com/trade/details/?pid=10114375

TRADE VALUE FOR: PlayStation 4 Black 500GB PlayStation 4

PRO VALUE Store Credit $100

does it mean that gamestop will pay up tp $50 more based on the store credit on the website? (so the maximum credit for my old ps4 will be $150??)

Thank you.

I have a question about trading in a console for gamestop.

Now there is a promotion up to $50 for trading in.

https://www.gamestop.com/trade/details/?pid=10114375

TRADE VALUE FOR: PlayStation 4 Black 500GB PlayStation 4

PRO VALUE Store Credit $100

does it mean that gamestop will pay up tp $50 more based on the store credit on the website? (so the maximum credit for my old ps4 will be $150??)

Thank you.
I don't think anyone knows yet, I haven't seen it confirmed. Since the ad says "UP TO" $50 more, and includes Series X/S and PS5, my guess is that it's a $50 bump for Series X or PS5. Then probably a $25 bump for Series S, PS4 Pro, Xbox One X, and Switch. Probably even less for Xbox One S, PS4, Switch Lite.

Edit: but the promo is always in addition to what is shown on that trade page - so the $100 trade value for the PS4 would go up an extra $25, or whatever the amount may be.

GameStop President Day Sale (article by Gamespot - S. Petite)

- Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all used games

- Buy 3 Get 1 Free Funko Pops

- 20% off statues, action figures, replicas

Starts tomorrow & sale ends Feb. 15

I don't think anyone knows yet, I haven't seen it confirmed. Since the ad says "UP TO" $50 more, and includes Series X/S and PS5, my guess is that it's a $50 bump for Series X or PS5. Then probably a $25 bump for Series S, PS4 Pro, Xbox One X, and Switch. Probably even less for Xbox One S, PS4, Switch Lite.

Edit: but the promo is always in addition to what is shown on that trade page - so the $100 trade value for the PS4 would go up an extra $25, or whatever the amount may be.
Thank you very much for your info. Do you think I should wait for better promotion for trade in?

Is this trade in promotion very good already ?

Also, my old ps4 is black color . The black controller coming with has some stink on the pad and scratches on the buttons . It fully work still. Will GameStop accept it?

If so not, I have the white one which is no scratches and stink. When GameStop take my trade in, will they accept different color controller than the black console?

Do you think I should wait for better promotion for trade in?
I don’t think the ps4 tiv will get better. You could try Selling it yourself on the marketplace if you have the time.
Is this trade in promotion very good already ? Don’t know yet you could try calling the store and ask how much trade-in value you would get.

When GameStop take my trade in, will they accept different color controller than the black console?
They will test your console cables and the controller. If black controller doesn’t work properly you will get hit with a refurbish fee. Take the white controller with you just in case so you don’t get hit with a refub fee. Controller color does not matter so long as it works and it is a Sony dualshock 4 controller.

My GameStop sold through their red Switches. Thankfully I woke up early and was able to get an in-store pickup at Target. Sadly, I'll lose the $50 trade bonus for my V1 I'm taking in.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Do you think I should wait for better promotion for trade in?
I don’t think the ps4 tiv will get better. You could try Selling it yourself on the marketplace if you have the time.
Is this trade in promotion very good already ? Don’t know yet you could try calling the store and ask how much trade-in value you would get.
When GameStop take my trade in, will they accept different color controller than the black console?
They will test your console cables and the controller. If black controller doesn’t work properly you will get hit with a refurbish fee. Take the white controller with you just in case so you don’t get hit with a refub fee. Controller color does not matter so long as it works and it is a Sony dualshock 4 controller.
Thank you for your detailed explanation. I will go to there to trade it in because it is not easy to sell in market place for me.

Does they need the original hdmi cable coming with the ps4? It seems i don't have it anymore and I only have thi4d-party hdmi cable...

Your advice is really helpful!

Wonder why they want to go back to gutting new games
How is it possible that no one in a multi billion dollar company is able to figure this out in decades. GameStop is not trying to build reusable space rockets, they are selling new and used video games. This most recent failure to solve such a complex problem at least shows they have the budget and resources to print place holder cases. So how about this, pre-owned, actual case stays out on the shelf and discs are in drawer like had previously worked fine. New games, just put out place holder cases in the new games section and instruct employees to take the case off the shelf when the last new, still sealed copy in their drawer is sold. No more gutting new games and people can tell what is actually in stock and for sale. Any issues? Or we gotta bring in more Amazon talent and chewy geniuses still? I know their priority is jumping on the digital future is inevitable bandwagon now, but a functional solution to allow someone to visit and see what is for sale with out deceptive or shady practices (selling used as new) would still be good to get sorted while they are trying to sell physical games at their 5,000 stores. Know I’m ranting...but utter stupidity, incompetence and laziness by people in positions of power earning millions just pisses me off. If you are in a position that could allow you to easily fix a deficient aspect of the company, and you fail to do so for years, to the detriment of your loyal customers and shareholders, step aside and let someone else do your job better for half the pay.

GameStop President Day Sale (article by Gamespot - S. Petite)

- Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all used games

Starts tomorrow & sale ends Feb. 15
Free points and a bit of credit for trading in:

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - $39 after 30% bonus. $43.20 + tax cost

Smash Bros Ultimate - $39 after 30% bonus. $43.20 + tax cost

LoZ Breath of the Wild - $39 after 30% bonus. $43.20 + tax cost

If you get lucky and find 3 of them at a store, cost would be roughly $93 in credit and you'd get $112 credit after the $5 down.

Free points and a bit of credit for trading in:

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - $39 after 30% bonus. $43.20 + tax cost

Smash Bros Ultimate - $39 after 30% bonus. $43.20 + tax cost

LoZ Breath of the Wild - $39 after 30% bonus. $43.20 + tax cost

Super Mario 3d World - $39 after 30% bonus. $43.20 + tax cost (Lol good luck)

If you get lucky and find 3 of them at a store, cost would be roughly $93 in credit and you'd get $112 credit after the $5 down.
there a few more $30 trade in switch games. Not sure what the $43.20 is though?

there a few more $30 trade in switch games. Not sure what the $43.20 is though?
$48 for used then -10% for Pro discount

Also, while games like Animal Crossing NH are also $30 base, the cost is $55 base used. So not nearly as good to get.

$48 for used then -10% for Pro discount

Also, while games like Animal Crossing NH are also $30 base, the cost is $55 base used. So not nearly as good to get.
mario 3d world is $55 though

the discount for the $48 games would just the b2g1 promo so $32 per game or $36.67 for 3 $55 games.

Does they need the original hdmi cable coming with the ps4? It seems i don't have it anymore and I only have thi4d-party hdmi cable...
!
Any hdmi cable is fine. Also be sure to have power cable and usb charge cable for dualshock controller. They will test the system before they give you cash or credit.

mario 3d world is $55 though

the discount for the $48 games would just the b2g1 promo so $32 per game or $36.67 for 3 $55 games.
AFAIK Pro discount stacks with B2G1. Unless something changed since the last time I did this.

Trade A PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X|S System
Price not yet valid
$50 EXTRA CREDIT When You Trade A PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X|S System

Valid Feb 13 to Feb 15 2021

that is from the flyer on the website right now. makes it sound like everything gets an extra $50

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back