2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any hdmi cable is fine. Also be sure to have power cable and usb charge cable for dualshock controller. They will test the system before they give you cash or credit.
Thank you for you remind. I will bring a micro usb cable tomorrow !! Do they need the headphone that comes with the DualShock 4 too?

I have lost that headphone ...

anyone have any luck double dipping the monthly PUR coupon? if not, i will test it out tomorrow in store and see if i can place an order online right after they ring me up.
I was able to do it today. Just enter the code in your cart on the app (site), then use in store, then online. My online order was maybe 4 hours later.

With the extra $50 trade it looks like that isn’t reflected on the website yet?

Switch is showing $175 trade in (for Pro members) and I can’t imagine the base TIV is $125...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any good buys with the b2g1 for a future flip in the future?

I can't find anything really. Maybe some of the 42.99 switch games.. that's about it..

think finding 2 copies of crystar at a store is a as likely as winning the lottery
The amount of speculation and hype on this generation of games is pretty meh to me. Not even counting the limited print stuff, I can think of like 30 or more PS4 regular release games off the top of my head that are already being hyped up on sites like this and facebook groups and ebay to the $100-$200 "rare" price range. Some of these titles aren't even rare at all. It's all smoke and mirrors and speculation. At the end of the PS3 lifecycle, there was no such thing as a used PS3 game that cost $100, let alone $200. The most you'd pay is like 40 or 50 bucks for that Spyro game or Syberia Collection or some weird Mexico only release.

I'm well aware, my Jan coupon expires on the 15th of Feb. Probably due to the date that I renewed my Pro.
gs rounded up my wife's PUR rewards and sent her a $5 reward coupon that expires on the 15th. Wonder if it's that instead of the monthly coupon?

"*AUTO-ISSUED - JANUARY- RECEIVE $5 OFF ANY 1 GAMESTOP ITEM"

gs rounded up my wife's PUR rewards and sent her a $5 reward coupon that expires on the 15th. Wonder if it's that instead of the monthly coupon?

I could be wrong, but I believe they send you a bonus $5 coupon for renewing. This is independent of the $5 coupons provided each month.

It's a setting in her account. You need to go in and change it to bank points.

I'm tempted by the B2G1 for some of the higher priced 3DS titles that were excluded from the 5/50% off because of the $30 limit, but it's hard to pay ~$25ea knowing that they'll almost certainly come "cart only"

Well I've always had my points set to bank and just got an auto issued cert for February, expires March 15. Took 5k points away. Pretty annoying. I didn't have one auto issue in January.

I'm well aware, my Jan coupon expires on the 15th of Feb. Probably due to the date that I renewed my Pro.
Hmm. Thanks for replying to my smartaleck comment. I should check the dates of my monthly coupons. I probably have wasted a couple.

Edit: My Feb coupon expires the 27th, not even the whole month.

Hmm. Thanks for replying to my smartaleck comment. I should check the dates of my monthly coupons. I probably have wasted a couple.

Edit: My Feb coupon expires the 27th, not even the whole month.
yeah, i have had luck using it on the last day of the month even though the coupon said it expired the day before.

Manager at my store took back the opened Mario 3D World as a return. He's like "We'll lose $5 but we'll sell it immediately so IDC" let me have it as a refund on my credit card too

Adding in that Mario Odyssey also is $30 base TIV today and is also $48 before tax.

Smash Ultimate

Mario Odyssey

LoZ Breath of the Wild

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

3 of these will get you $117 in TIV credit for $103.xx in credit cost (at least where I am).

So $160 for a 1 TB Xbox One S (after promo)...I really wanted a $200 tiv but that probably isn't realistic at this point.  Would even settle for $175.  Maybe I'm asking too much, overthinking. 

Can I find a comparable media player/device on the market for $160 nowdays? 

Thoughts? 

You can find some 4k blu-ray players at about that price, but personally I'd rather have the Xbox since it can do more. If you want to sell it, theyve been selling for fairly high prices online since they've been discontinued and still play all the series x games currently

Noticed there's a string for mwt21421 that shows up in search that's sorta up to date but has fewer games than last month's. Wonder if we'll see some kind of bump tomorrow.

Wow, even Switch Lite? Might dump mine for $175.
I would definitely consider dumping my Switch Lite for that price.

Adding in that Mario Odyssey also is $30 base TIV today and is also $48 before tax.

Smash Ultimate

Mario Odyssey

LoZ Breath of the Wild

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

3 of these will get you $117 in TIV credit for $103.xx in credit cost (at least where I am).
14% is a piddly return on investment.

Hey can anyone help with a good stock locator for GameStop?

Popfindr doesn’t seem to be working anymore on anything!

Also does anyone have a link where I could find preowned copies of NBA2k21 preowned?

Noticed there's a string for mwt21421 that shows up in search that's sorta up to date but has fewer games than last month's. Wonder if we'll see some kind of bump tomorrow.

I would definitely consider dumping my Switch Lite for that price.

14% is a piddly return on investment.
If it's credit, it doesn't matter, it's 14% boost that goes up the more you do it.

That and the points you get from buying + trading.

Something wrong with gamestop site/app.

I added 3 games to cart, but can't view them.

Get an error on app, mobile and desktop site.

"For technical reasons, your request could not be handled properly at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience."

Cart also stuck at 3 items, clicking "add to cart" does nothing.

edit: So opened incognito tab and added a game to cart. Then logged in and only had that game in cart. Seems to be fixed.

With the current buy 2 get 1 free used sale, what happens if I have to return one of them?  Do they divide the savings out between all 3 games on the receipt so that you would get 2/3 of it's value back in a return, or does the cheapest one really show $0.00 so that if you have to return it you get nothing back?

With the current buy 2 get 1 free used sale, what happens if I have to return one of them? Do they divide the savings out between all 3 games on the receipt so that you would get 2/3 of it's value back in a return, or does the cheapest one really show $0.00 so that if you have to return it you get nothing back?
Depends on what numbers are on your packing slip. The price on the packing slip is what you'll get for a return. It seemingly changes each sale

Just convenience I guess.

I could probably sell the switch locally for 250-260$ considering it's a V1.

Not sure if I could do much better with the xbox One X. Maybe $250 if I'm lucky.
not sure about your area. But mine through OfferUp...if the switch is complete in good condition could be an easy $280-$300.

Looks like Mario Kart Wii trades for $26 (thanks!) toward Mario 3D World? Might do it since I bought a complete second copy for $10 on eBay.

not sure about your area. But mine through OfferUp...if the switch is complete in good condition could be an easy $280-$300.
Thanks. Maybe I'll hold on to the switch, and just trade in the xbox.

I plan to upgrade to a PS5 or Xbox Series X within the year. I was hoping to find a slick deal and score one for like 400, but with the console shortages, that doesn't appear feasible.

Maybe if i wait until black friday this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back