2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Before the President's Day Sale, I added a few titles into my cart to prepare. After a couple where added, I haven't been able to access my cart, on the website or in the app. I only get the error message "For technical reasons, your request could not be handled properly at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience." I chatted with GS and they told me to delete cookies, wait 15 minutes and try again. Anyone else have this issue and know how to solve it?

Before the President's Day Sale, I added a few titles into my cart to prepare. After a couple where added, I haven't been able to access my cart, on the website or in the app. I only get the error message "For technical reasons, your request could not be handled properly at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience." I chatted with GS and they told me to delete cookies, wait 15 minutes and try again. Anyone else have this issue and know how to solve it?
I had this issue awhile back, I think I logged out, added something to my cart and then logged back in. Not sure though

Before the President's Day Sale, I added a few titles into my cart to prepare. After a couple where added, I haven't been able to access my cart, on the website or in the app. I only get the error message "For technical reasons, your request could not be handled properly at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience." I chatted with GS and they told me to delete cookies, wait 15 minutes and try again. Anyone else have this issue and know how to solve it?
Yup, same thing happened here. Log out, clear cookies, add something to cart, log back in.

On another note, is the CAG16 code just totally dead now?

On another note, is the CAG16 code just totally dead now?
Whomever at Gamestop IT deactivates codes/promos before big sales like the B2G1 always drags their feet in reactivating them. I expect/hope CAG16 will be back up within another week, but who knows.

Whomever at Gamestop IT deactivates codes/promos before big sales like the B2G1 always drags their feet in reactivating them. I expect/hope CAG16 will be back up within another week, but who knows.
I think the last time it was deactivated took around 2 1/2 weeks to get back up, so yeah another week sounds about right.

Battlefront 2 went back up to $17 for Xbox. Glad I waited because I didn’t think it was going to go up that high again.
Just traded it in for PS4 for $15.60 with the trade in promo towards P5Strikers.

And I just found out that they INCREASED the warranty price to $4. Felt bad telling my cashier I couldn't justify it to help him out, however, I'm about to do the survey for him.

Anyone ever had issues with an online order not showing up in order history? I'm trying to return a headset and have the order number that was printed on the invoice but even manually typing that into the search for order tab doesn't bring up the order.

How is it that my Spiderman LE PS4 Pro is $175 TIV but the regular black PS4 Pro is $225??

Both are 1 TB...
Could be due to the black one being a generic SKU, not a certain year like the Spider-Man one is(2018). So they might be offering more the black one, as they might get one that was made in 2019 or 2020 that has less wear and tear on it.

Anybody know if GameStop would take a trade-in of my PS4 Pro with a 2TB hdd? I can’t find the original 1TB I took out of it.
It depends on the store but I would call before going in to trade in. A few months ago when I was trading in my ps4 before the ps5 launch, I was able to trade in my ps4 with a 1.5 Tb hard drive(I couldn’t find my 1tb hard drive that came with my ps4.) I heard that some stores won’t accept trade ins if you changed the hard drive, so it’s best to call beforehand.

How is it that my Spiderman LE PS4 Pro is $175 TIV but the regular black PS4 Pro is $225??

Both are 1 TB...
Short answer is GameStop.
Have you tried selling locally? PS4 pros are still in demand as PS5 is hard to come by. It’s also a limited edition. I’m sure there are buyers that would pay $250-$300 depending on its condition and if the matching controller is included.

DotD gives 30% off PO under $39.99. The only flip I could find is NHL 21 (PS4/X1) $19.59 => $20 base

Anyone got any others?

That's definitely going to help that person now...unless you have a time machine?
Did it not occur to you that someone might still be willing to pay $350 for a Spider-Man PS4 Pro? Are you old enough to know about tax returns?

I understood the post as an example of how this guy selling his system instead of trading it in would be beneficial. Maybe it's something that only punks who unnecessarily post bitchy comments can't comprehend. You started that shit with your dumbass comment about the time machine.

Short answer is GameStop.
Have you tried selling locally? PS4 pros are still in demand as PS5 is hard to come by. It’s also a limited edition. I’m sure there are buyers that would pay $250-$300 depending on its condition and if the matching controller is included.
Yeah, that might be the route I go eventually before moving to PS5.

I was also noticing that a 500 GB Xbox One S has the same YIV as a 1 TB Xbox One S ($125)...one would think that the 1 TB would have a higher TIV than the unit with half the storage.

I finally went in today to pick up my Super Mario 3D World/Bowser's Fury Switch game pre-order after all of the snow we've had lately.

I added pre-owned copies of Galak-Z/Skulls of the Shogun and Snack World, and for some reason, Snack World rang up for $10.49.  I'm not sure if there was some sort of additional promo that got added into the transaction. 

I just went with it since the Snack World game is very difficult to find in my area new or used.  

I finally went in today to pick up my Super Mario 3D World/Bowser's Fury Switch game pre-order after all of the snow we've had lately,

I added pre-owned copies of Galak-Z/Skulls of the Shogun and Snack World, and for some reason, Snack World rang up for $10.49. I'm not sure if there was some sort of additional promo that got added into the transaction.

I just went with it since the Snack World game is very difficult to find in my area new or used.
Its the 30% off a pre-owned title promo for buying a new title over $30

Anybody know if GameStop would take a trade-in of my PS4 Pro with a 2TB hdd? I can’t find the original 1TB I took out of it.

Would Gamestop accept a base PS4 with a 2TB as the 500GB? I chucked' the OEM HD years ago.
I havent had any problem trading systems with bigger/better HDs that were in good working order, I just keep my mouth shut and let the gs guys do their whole check thing.

Has anyone seen any evidence to suggest the Gamestop inventory checker is currently doing the -1 thing?
ive inquired about a game in store recently
its in stock 20 miles away but online its always out

ive also returned a game this week and i see it for sale in store but i cant order it online for in store pick up

Should I pay for the premium shipping in hopes of my order not sitting around in a distribution center for months or would that even matter?

Should I pay for the premium shipping in hopes of my order not sitting around in a distribution center for months or would that even matter?
Gamestop doesn't use distros for order fulfillment. Anything that isn't brand new or backlogged pre-order is shipped from stores.

I havent had any problem trading systems with bigger/better HDs that were in good working order, I just keep my mouth shut and let the gs guys do their whole check thing.
That's pretty much the apporaxh you have to take with any transaction at GS. Say nothing, as they get confused and you end up just shooting yourself in the foot otherwise.

Not like they're going to think you tried ripping them off, by including a bigger HDD.

I know you're supposed to call Gamestop to get anything sorted but I thought I got lucky emailing them about missing games, but this was their exact response to me:

Hello,
thank you for the reply!
To assist you in a better way please make sure
If you have any questions or inquiries please let us know!

Regards,

I know you're supposed to call Gamestop to get anything sorted but I thought I got lucky emailing them about missing games, but this was their exact response to me:
Hello,
thank you for the reply!
To assist you in a better way please make sure
If you have any questions or inquiries please let us know!
Regards,
Please make sure, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back