2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
sonic forces for switch got a bump for some reason in case you guys also got that piece of crap on clearance from walmart like i did

All from GameStop. Persona Q has a few scratches, but pretty good condition.

9Jsl0OJ.jpg
I know I'm very late to this... But do these still pop up randomly on GS? I chose not to purchase the Hyrule 3DSXL edition and the Hyrule 2DSXL edition. I have the Ocarina of Time OG, ALBW XL, and MM n3DSXL. Kinda regret not getting them as im a huge fanboy :/

i ordered 2 copies of yakuza 7 a couple days ago on their buy 3 get 2 promo

both came in steelbooks absolutely spotless without a single scratch or ding

they look like someone took the wrap off and put a pre owned sticker on it

So I have a question. I've noticed GS's in store pickup option is getting shittier and shittier. These past couple weeks, I've tried searching for a Deal of the Day game on their website to pickup in store and the website will tell me OOS within 15 and even 30 miles around me. I'll then go to my closest GS and they'll have a couple copies of the exact same game but they can't price match so I end up having to order it in store, ship it to myself, pay the 4 or 5 dollar shipping and wait a couple days even though they have it right in front of me. And for some reason they don't ship to store anymore. Has this always been this shitty or is this new?

I’ve been away from this site for a while now, have there been any good flip opportunities lately? Just wondering if that was still a thing nowadays. I’m sad at how much new stuff I’ve missed but with life not letting me collect recently, that’s how it is.

I know I'm very late to this... But do these still pop up randomly on GS? I chose not to purchase the Hyrule 3DSXL edition and the Hyrule 2DSXL edition. I have the Ocarina of Time OG, ALBW XL, and MM n3DSXL. Kinda regret not getting them as im a huge fanboy :/
Last bigger restock was around Feb 12 for the 3ds systems, haven't seen them popup since then. Some regular 2ds systems have popped up since then, but not much.

I grabbed a hyrule gold n3ds xl a couple weeks back.  Arrived in average cosmetic condition but with TN screens.  I bought it to play with the expectation of better screens, so I'm likely just going to return instore.  If someone here wants it instead for cost + shipping, just let me know (must have positive cag feedback). Edit: Pending to a cag.

They also packed in a generic usb to 3ds charge cable.  First time I've seen something different from the oem wall plug.    Probably scraping the bottom of the barrel at this point.

I’ve been away from this site for a while now, have there been any good flip opportunities lately? Just wondering if that was still a thing nowadays. I’m sad at how much new stuff I’ve missed but with life not letting me collect recently, that’s how it is.
Not really. I’m lucky to make $10 profit a game and those are usually purchased online from auction sites. The Pro membership with $5 monthly credit has been a good deal if you are comfortable going in store as they can be used on digital credit.

Yes, I've been doing it recently. Works the same as other console currencies. The steam cards can be difficult to find if you're looking for a particular $ amount, though.
Have not seen variable Steam cards in a LONG time. Makes me sad sense that was the best thing imo to use the monthly $5 coupon on.

My closest store is closing down, shame I didn't notice until almost everything was gone. It was huge and the space wasn't utilized well so I presume the rent just ended up too high compared to sales. I didn't see it on the store closings blog but it's on Sand Lake Road/John Young Parkway in Orlando FL. But again, there's really nothing left to pick through.

Spiderman MM for PS4 has been out for over 3 months and they still haven't added it to their trade-in site.  Other games like Sonic Mania + Team Sonic Racing double pack too.  Quite frustrating.  Feels like back in 2005 when you had to ask the employee what the TiV was

I did notice that they have started adding some next-gen games

The PS5 has been out for over 3 months and they still haven't added PS5 games to their trade-in site. Quite frustrating. Feels like back in 2005 when you had to ask the employee what the TiV was
There are some PS5 games you can view the trade in value for such as Immortals, Cold War, Valhalla, Mile Morales so I don’t know which title you’re looking for specifically.

There are some PS5 games you can view the trade in value for such as Immortals, Cold War, Valhalla, Mile Morales so I don’t know which title you’re looking for specifically.
Yeah, I edited it before you commented. I was looking for Demon's Souls (which I didn't see on there), then noticed they had some PS5 games. Thanks

Just a heads up for anyone that pre-ordered Persona 5 Strikers, call the store tomorrow before going to pick it up to see if they have it.    A lot of the stores will not be getting it on release day due to delays because of the weather around their warehouse down in Texas.

sorry if this has been asked before....can I use the rewards certificates from power up rewards on things like PSN or Apple cards?  I see the fine print says no gift cards, but I'm unsure if that means Gamestop specific gift cards or all POS cards in general

sorry if this has been asked before....can I use the rewards certificates from power up rewards on things like PSN or Apple cards? I see the fine print says no gift cards, but I'm unsure if that means Gamestop specific gift cards or all POS cards in general
I know they work on eShop codes. I haven't tried any others

Sonic Mania + Team Sonic Racing for Switch has a $12 base. Just Team Sonic racing has a base of $15. Good ole Gamestop where everything is made up and the points don't matter.

small 3ds system restock on gamestop.com for those interested, a lot of refurb systems in general in stock for ps4, xbox one, and psvr headset

For those that ordered those refurbed 3DS's, did any of them come with an SD card? It shows on the box that it should have but none of the ones I ordered came with it.

i ordered trails 4 new 

my email says trails 4 came in

i open the package and its a copy of trails 3 (used)

how am i supposed to return this 

i dont think im even gonna try

i ordered trails 4 new
my email says trails 4 came in
i open the package and its a copy of trails 3 (used)

how am i supposed to return this
i dont think im even gonna try
If you call customer support, odds are they make it right. Might take weeks but they have fixed my issues. Once I received BOTW instead of Links Awakening (though in the correct case). Support told me they’d ship me the right game and asked me to return the other to the store after I received the correct game. I returned it in store and they tried to process as a refund but I said nope I’m good. Probably messed up their inventory but my conscience was clean.

ive inquired about a game in store recently
its in stock 20 miles away but online its always out

ive also returned a game this week and i see it for sale in store but i cant order it online for in store pick up

Been like that for nearly 45 days

Thanks for the answers, glad i asked. Crackdown 3 is on clearance and thought It was sold out because of that being advertised. Picked up a copy with my $5 coupon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back