2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my local Gamestops is closing, are there any recommendations for good boomerangs with used games being 40% off?

Also, how long before consoles end up going on sale? They've got a Mario Game and Watch, but MSRP is too steep for me. I might nab it if it goes below $30 though.

One of my local Gamestops is closing, are there any recommendations for good boomerangs with used games being 40% off?

Also, how long before consoles end up going on sale? They've got a Mario Game and Watch, but MSRP is too steep for me. I might nab it if it goes below $30 though.
Any switch games that have a $48 base cost but trade for $30 base like Breath of the Wild. If you do the pre-order bonus it's points + ~$9 in credit per game.

You'll want to wait for 70%+. Almost everything is boomerangable then. You also just missed the stealth bump. You want to target those games first for the next bump.

You'll want to wait for 70%+. Almost everything is boomerangable then. You also just missed the stealth bump. You want to target those games first for the next bump.
Good luck with that wait. I got an email last Thursday saying the last remaining store in my immediate area is closing. I went in Saturday and the store was already pretty wiped out at 40%. I don't know when the sales officially started but there really wasn't much left worth going back for, even for further discounts.

Good luck with that wait. I got an email last Thursday saying the last remaining store in my immediate area is closing. I went in Saturday and the store was already pretty wiped out at 40%. I don't know when the sales officially started but there really wasn't much left worth going back for, even for further discounts.
It depends on what you're looking to buy and how much employees care about moving inventory (hint: they don't). Controllers, consoles, things that are visible etc get wiped out early. For the purpose of boomeranging, store closings are gold mines if you're willing to put in the effort.

The last store closing I went to a year ago was mostly terrible. I got 1 Wii and 1 Wii U game. Those were 40% off. Switch games were 5% off

i am guessing i shouldn't have preordered the zelda joycons with my trade credit as apparently i now have to make sure i remember to keep enough balance on my card to pay for the joycons when it is finally released in july

i am guessing i shouldn't have preordered the zelda joycons with my trade credit as apparently i now have to make sure i remember to keep enough balance on my card to pay for the joycons when it is finally released in july
I'm sure the Stimulus check will keep u covered

No one likes the stock here?
I like GameStop but can’t think of anything they do better than anyone else. I appreciate their knowledgeable staff and pro membership has worked for me. Their biggest profit center (used games) will continue to decline. Not the stock for me but I don’t buy individual stocks.

I did just trade Mario kart Wii for $26 that I bought online for $9. Great for me and GameStop if they can actually sell it for the $59.99 it’s listed at.

I like the partnership with Microsoft, the Chewy guy being on the board, and the recent hires they made to turn Gamestop around. It does look like an attractive investment for a certain price. The majority of my investments are not in individual stocks though.

They need to start focusing more on customer service and making Gamestop the first place you think about when you want to purchase a new game or gaming products.

I made some decent money shorting $GME last year, but I would never go long on $GME. Good luck to those that do.

In other news, Switch Lite trade value is now $100.

In other news, Switch Lite trade value is now $100.
From $175 to $100 in 2 weeks. Amazing.

Experienced traders: Would you please remind me how many trades of the same game we can do? I believe it was no more than 4 of the same title within a month but that’s all I recall. Thank you!

(keep finding Mario kart Wii for $9-$10)

Their business is not worth what it is trading for. They have made some nice moves (Chewy Guy, Reggie, deal with MS, etc.) but they still have long-term business problems. Both Microsoft and Sony released disc-less consoles. Digital, unfortunately, is the future for the majority of gamers. IDK how much they will get from the MS deal, but I'd imagine it doesn't even come close to their margins on used games. That is a big problem for Gamestop that they have not been able to overcome. This doesn't even get into their QC, customer support, and website issues (among others)

So as an actual investment and not some sToNkS roulette spin, no, I do not like the stock

From $175 to $100 in 2 weeks. Amazing.

Experienced traders: Would you please remind me how many trades of the same game we can do? I believe it was no more than 4 of the same title within a month but that’s all I recall. Thank you!

(keep finding Mario kart Wii for $9-$10)
to be fair it was $125. The $175 was only due to the $50 promo. You can trade 4 copies of the same game.

Finally got a replacement response for an order placed a month ago that was stuck "USPS Currently Awaiting Package"....  

Unfortunately now I have PTSD now with any packages from TX shipped via USPS that isn't picked up in a day  :bomb:

Anyone else seeing shipping delays from GameStop? I ordered 3 games on 2/13 got a tracking number and still says awaiting carrier pickup. It’s going FedEx. I think it said it’s coming from New Jersey so I don’t see why there would be any delays there.

How come no one is talking about the buy 5 pre-owned games and get a $30 gift card?  I bought three $1 games and two $17ish games for about 40 shipped and already got my $30 gift card and am applying it to another order.

How come no one is talking about the buy 5 pre-owned games and get a $30 gift card? I bought three $1 games and two $17ish games for about 40 shipped and already got my $30 gift card and am applying it to another order.
Thanks for the heads up! Got three $1 games, one $3 game, and a $30 game (Shining Resonance Refrain for Switch) that I'd had my eye on for awhile.

How come no one is talking about the buy 5 pre-owned games and get a $30 gift card? I bought three $1 games and two $17ish games for about 40 shipped and already got my $30 gift card and am applying it to another order.
How long did it take to deliver the gift card?

so they're emailing the GCs and charging shipping? wtf lol

edit: wow, got the GC like right away

I just put in an order for 8 used games but haven't seen any reference in my purchase order for the 30 dollar gift card? Does that just get emailed to you at a later point or did I miss something?

Obviously an oversight with the promo.  But I don't trust the parties involved (mainly website) to not screw this up at some point.  Probably easier / less frustrating to generate 20 in tc another way.

Wow, MVP! Bet they meant for this to apply to $9.99 and up games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back