2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered 5 games for in-store pickup. $9.46 total and hot my gc a minute after order confirmation. Does this work multiple times?
i got 2....placed a 3rd order but haven't gotten anything yet...maybe dead? it could just be delayed i guess, but my other 2 were near immediate...

edit: as soon as i post it shows up lol

Anyone else seeing shipping delays from GameStop? I ordered 3 games on 2/13 got a tracking number and still says awaiting carrier pickup. It’s going FedEx. I think it said it’s coming from New Jersey so I don’t see why there would be any delays there.
I've never really had much problems with Fedex, but the last 2 orders I did (I assume) are coming from the main TX warehouse via USPS, and been stuck in Awaiting Carrier Pickup for a few days now :oldman:

How come no one is talking about the buy 5 pre-owned games and get a $30 gift card? I bought three $1 games and two $17ish games for about 40 shipped and already got my $30 gift card and am applying it to another order.
I bit on one order for a few random $0.99 PS3 games I hope will come with cases! O:) Gonna have to spend that $30 real fast maybe? :razz:

I’ve placed three orders so far and got 2 gift cards. Sitting tight until that third GC comes through...

Edit - It’s still working. I’ve placed four orders and received four GCs.

I got an order in with a confirmation email but no $30 gc yet. At least I got some PS4 games I can toss in with a system I plan on selling. :D

Edit: GC came through. Trying for one more order.

20 minutes between order confirmation and gift card email for me. Lame that pre-orders don't count toward free shipping when they're combined with cheap games!

Too bad it doesn't seem to work with the 4/$20  :cold:

(Unless you just add 5x random $0.99 cent games... then you can use the previous $30 GC...)

How come no one is talking about the buy 5 pre-owned games and get a $30 gift card? I bought three $1 games and two $17ish games for about 40 shipped and already got my $30 gift card and am applying it to another order.
Damn this seems to be legit...thanks buddy!
Edit: just got my second order to go through and paid with the first orders’ GC. Should I go for the hat trick 🤣?

I got an order in with a confirmation email but no $30 gc yet. At least I got some PS4 games I can toss in with a system I plan on selling. :D

Edit: GC came through. Trying for one more order.
Put in a 2nd order for delivery and it's been 30 minutes with no GC. Hoping it is just taking a while. GC is in the order confirmation.

Edit: Just had to complain about it. I used the 2 gift cards to get SM3dW + BF.

They fixed it. They are charging for the gift card now. At least when I used my trade credit. They added the games, shipping, and gift card. 

I got my order in at 7:04 and I received the gift card before I even got my order confirmation and my total was $9.74.

Looks dead to me. At one point, I had up to a $20 gift card in the cart (but never a $30), but it took too long for me to find a non-garbage cheap game, and now the GC is missing.... Sad face.

Yeah I missed out too trying to find the perfect combo of games...thought we would have at least until 8 pm EST before this got fixed lol. 

Not sure what I'm going to do with 5 copies of :ps3: Last of Us Unmastered, but I'm sure the price will spike when the TV show comes on!  :hot:

Made 3 orders, 3rd order ended up not having the $30 gift card in the order confirmation. Haven't received my 2nd gc either. Not sure why i'm buying when I have a metric f-ton of games still to trade in. Some fresh cases would be nice for all the sleeve-only games I bought from closing stores. The games will pay for themselves in trade credit even if the $30 gc doesn't come. 

Well, they did call it a flash deal. To think, this happens once every few months where they mess up their carousel of promos. They could easily limit the damage by requiring to a rewards account and allowing one promo use per account, per billing address. Or not allowing the gift card amount to exceed the cost of all games. So many ways.

Can’t imagine owning stock in this company. That Chewy guy must be amazed at this e-commerce ineptitude.

Well, they did call it a flash deal. To think, this happens once every few months where they mess up their carousel of promos. They could easily limit the damage by requiring to a rewards account and allowing one promo use per account, per billing address. Or not allowing the gift card amount to exceed the cost of all games. So many ways.

Can’t imagine owning stock in this company. That Chewy guy must be amazed at this e-commerce ineptitude.
the easy way to fix these issues is to just code them properly lol

Wonder if this will top your GME flip
Taxes will be painful! Though I still should still (hopefully) qualify for stimulus checks this year! :D/

Think we should be spending these $30 GCs soon?

none of the stuff on my list is in stock so i just copped out and got 30$ eshop

still pretty good, wish i put in more orders

Ended up with 4 of them, all 4x $.79 and 1x $.99 games. Went straight to the Gamestop down the street and spent them all on 2x switch games I don't see dropping before going OOP. Paid trade credit on an almost empty card and each order was under $9 after shipping, didn't mess with trying to find in store pickup places too hard.

Anyone know how to fix the

"Oops! We can’t process your payment. Please select a different payment method or check your payment details including your billing address."

I am paying with a gift card from this deal and a trade credit? never had this issue before. attempting to buy Super Mario 3d+BF.

Anyone know how to fix the

"Oops! We can’t process your payment. Please select a different payment method or check your payment details including your billing address."

I am paying with a gift card from this deal and a trade credit? never had this issue before. attempting to buy Super Mario 3d+BF.
They may be putting a hold on gift codes for now to buy time for them to eliminate the void the gift cards. Worst case scenario

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back