2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another flash sale, appears they corrected their past mistake.  Flash Sale Spend $40 and Get a $10 Gift Card, Spend $80 and Get a $20 Gift Card, or Spend $100 or more and Get a $30 Gift Card On Pre-Owned Games $19.99 and AboveDetails

Another flash sale, appears they corrected their past mistake. Flash Sale Spend $40 and Get a $10 Gift Card, Spend $80 and Get a $20 Gift Card, or Spend $100 or more and Get a $30 Gift Card On Pre-Owned Games $19.99 and Above
Cool.. didn't see the fine print, hopefully still active thru the weekend. Might participate with the Tax Day 50% sale. :beer:

Another flash sale, appears they corrected their past mistake. Flash Sale Spend $40 and Get a $10 Gift Card, Spend $80 and Get a $20 Gift Card, or Spend $100 or more and Get a $30 Gift Card On Pre-Owned Games $19.99 and AboveDetails
Is this in-store only? I don’t see the offer anywhere on their site.

Edit -NVM. I’m dumb. Thanks for the heads up.

What do you guys recommend using the $5 PUR cert on when you can't find anything? My Jan one expired and my Feb one is about to expire too... ever since they made checking store stock difficult, I just haven't been going into stores or checking online. 

What do you guys recommend using the $5 PUR cert on when you can't find anything? My Jan one expired and my Feb one is about to expire too... ever since they made checking store stock difficult, I just haven't been going into stores or checking online.
i use mine on xbox credit

i use mine on xbox credit
They shoot that down around there, using it on any type of digital credit/sub cards. Tried it at 3 different stores, both all 3 said nope. There's tons of other stores to try but slightly further/out of the way and it's not worth the $5 savings.

EDIT* fixed my math.

They shoot that down around there, using it on any type of digital credit/sub cards. Tried it at 3 different stores, both said nope. There's tons of other stores to try but slightly further/out of the way and it's not worth the $5 savings.
are they saying no because they don't think it'll work?

They shoot that down around there, using it on any type of digital credit/sub cards. Tried it at 3 different stores, both said nope. There's tons of other stores to try but slightly further/out of the way and it's not worth the $5 savings.
Did the 3rd say yes? All I know is around here, that's been the main selling point whenever an employee recites the script to sign someone up. $5 off psn/xbox money or points or whatever.

Ask for the $5 credit, then when it comes to pay, tell them to try the $5 pro coupon. If they don't think it works, tell them to humor you and try. If they refuse even knowing it works, go on the internet and complain to us. Not much you can do without burning some bridges or getting banned from the store.

Boomerang is the point. It's on sale for DotD for $10 and the base trade value is $10 ($11 for Pro). If you trade it towards a select game pre-order or purchase you could $13 (Pro value) trade credit:

Persona 5 Strikers - PS4

Returnal - PS5

Bravely Default II - NSW

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake - XB1

Harvest Moon: One World - NSW
I like to CAG as much as the next guy but Jesus Christ fella. You’re talking about less than 3 bucks after tax. It’s not like you can flip 100 of these for $300. Anyone that is dealing with GameStop in order to make 3 bucks times 4 copies needs to re-examine their life choices.

Ask for the $5 credit, then when it comes to pay, tell them to try the $5 pro coupon. If they don't think it works, tell them to humor you and try. If they refuse even knowing it works, go on the internet and complain to us. Not much you can do without burning some bridges or getting banned from the store.
This exactly. It definitely works on PSN, Xbox and eshop credit.

are they saying no because they don't think it'll work?
Two of them "tried" it but I honestly don't know if they did... pretty sure they didn't bother. The third one simply said "even though there's nothing in writing about not being able to use on currency/sub cards, they just don't allow it". They were nice about it so I didn't push it. I'm guessing all 3 stores have the same DM or something.

Did the 3rd say yes? All I know is around here, that's been the main selling point whenever an employee recites the script to sign someone up. $5 off psn/xbox money or points or whatever.
No, I just can't do math apparently.LOL

I like to CAG as much as the next guy but Jesus Christ fella. You’re talking about less than 3 bucks after tax. It’s not like you can flip 100 of these for $300. Anyone that is dealing with GameStop in order to make 3 bucks times 4 copies needs to re-examine their life choices.
Seriously, dont be a jerk with the life choices crap. Lots of people are under employed or are out of work right now. Lots of people with advanced degrees have been on rolling furlough or taken salary cuts.
Figuring out how to buy a future dollar for less than a dollar is root of investing and your "life choices" We all have a different threshold of what makes sense right now.

Seriously, dont be a jerk with the life choices crap. Lots of people are under employed or are out of work right now. Lots of people with advanced degrees have been on rolling furlough or taken salary cuts.
Figuring out how to buy a future dollar for less than a dollar is root of investing and your "life choices" We all have a different threshold of what makes sense right now.
Just put him on ignore.

looks like GS delivered one of my 99 cent orders but i don't know what they sent since i am not home to check. unsurprisingly the website doesn't show that any of my orders shipped so guess i'll find out when i get home..

not sure what's going on with all my pickup items. two stores only had one game each.

edit: looks like 3 gamestop packages now lol

This is what flipping seems like to me nowadays. A lot of work/time for very little profit.

I get it that there was a time where it was worth the effort, but it sure seems like those days are gone.

Not deal talk, but a thread of long time GameStop experts, much more so than me.  Within the next year or two, GameStop is probably going to be very very different.  Cohen has been pretty clear that his turn around plan for the company is based on our glorious all digital utopia.  People are excited about competent leadership, casting off dead weight dragging the company down.  Just thinking about it so far though, it doesn’t go beyond that yet, and what is good for the company is not necessarily good for the customer.  Honestly, so far his plans probably involve a lot more store closures, some digital revenue from Microsoft sales transactions (so expect to see their presence a lot more prominent), and we may be able to build computers in store?  That sounds like frys, which just shut down...I’m having a hard time seeing what the bigger plans might be, other than baseless enthusiasm to fuel stock market pump and dump fuckery versus reckless hedge fund short seller psychopaths trying to encourage and cash in on a bankruptcy.

How is GameStop going to insert itself into a digital future?  Microsoft let them dip a toe in, but what can gamestop provide for digital purchases that the PlayStation and Nintendo digital store don’t already provide directly?  The only way they get Sony and Nintendo on board to give them a digital cut is if they push Microsoft in store like they have never pushed a product before and it shows a direct impact on sales.  Unless they plan to create their own kind of subscription or rental service, but GameFly already does that and is mostly ignored.  A type of online retro and current gen marketplace could be good, like Amazon where you can buy direct and from third party sellers, but GameStop liquidated most of their retro stock and I don’t think they are getting much back anymore.  So that leaves them maybe being able to offer an eBay type storefront dedicated to gaming?  But that’s still not their focus, it’s digital...the only way I see them getting any involvement with that is if they can convince the publishers to allow more gatekeeping and paywalls exclusive to GameStop.  Beyond skins, they are probably going to have to come up with something even worse than that.  Or somehow facilitate digital trade ins?  You register an account with GameStop which has your PSN, Nintendo and Xbox user info.  Purchase a game digitally through gamestop and somehow you can only play it while it’s still “yours” in the GameStop account.  You trade it back in digitally to GameStop, and can’t play it anymore.  The publishers would need a sizable cut to allow and support it.  If they have enough connections and influence, I could see GameStop trying to argue it’s for the good of the whole industry in some way.  Something like that is the only way I see them existing without relying on physical sales and trade ins, but that sounds so stupid and impossible, publishers are not going to want to and probably cannot do that...So what can GameStop offer?  

As a side note, at a minimum, if Cohen and co are serious about turning the company around, physical trade ins should still be possible, but flipping for profit is probably done for within a year or two.

I thought it was telling that GameStop didn’t set up a mail-in games trade program a year ago.

The days of being a middle man retailer are numbered. My thinking is that they need to produce or distribute exclusive digital games. Problem is, getting the console guys to allow it on their platform is unlikely. That would leave a PC marketplace and I just don’t see a significant overlap of PC players and GameStop. Becoming a limited run games type company for physical games just won’t appeal to a large enough player base to make financial sense.

so, from Thursday’s crazy GC bonanza...did anyone even actually get a pickup ready email? Because I literally have heard nothing from any of my orders (I don’t actually want the games, but I would have picked them up anyways)...just thought that was curious

so, from Thursday’s crazy GC bonanza...did anyone even actually get a pickup ready email? Because I literally have heard nothing from any of my orders (I don’t actually want the games, but I would have picked them up anyways)...just thought that was curious
Nope, but almost every 79 cent game I ordered was on my doorstep this morning. Half with cases and then just an envelope full of discs.

Actually, just thinking about it a few minutes more.  Esports, let’s play, twitch, youtube type stuff...I think that’s what they are going for.  Maybe holding tournaments, viewings, even becoming a platform for esports gambling if legalization of sports betting keeps opening up.  Could add some dew-ritos gamerfuel refreshment stations and load the empty shelves with advertisements.  The social space plans were pre Cohen and pre COVID though, so who knows.  If they are really transitioning to PC, maybe they could have their own digital game client storefront like steam, which allows for digital “trade ins”...but other than different phrasing for the transaction, doesn’t seem any better than a subscription or rental service.  Advertising and selling user data, that fake shit that provides nothing of value to the customer but is priced more than gold by our wall street toad overlords, just dropping those buzzwords to sell skewed and useless sets of user data will probably be a new focus worth billions.  Whatever happens, I’m pretty sure it’s not for me and still going to be the death of GameStop in all but name.  Other than being widely known as a game store, not sure the name has much value anyway, but atleast it was a game store.  

I placed one pickup order and haven’t heard anything, which I’m fine with. I had 6 different texts from FedEx this morning about deliveries though 😂 I plan to donate the games I ordered.

Not deal talk, but a thread of long time GameStop experts, much more so than me. Within the next year or two, GameStop is probably going to be very very different. Cohen has been pretty clear that his turn around plan for the company is based on our glorious all digital utopia. People are excited about competent leadership, casting off dead weight dragging the company down. Just thinking about it so far though, it doesn’t go beyond that yet, and what is good for the company is not necessarily good for the customer. Honestly, so far his plans probably involve a lot more store closures, some digital revenue from Microsoft sales transactions (so expect to see their presence a lot more prominent), and we may be able to build computers in store? That sounds like frys, which just shut down...I’m having a hard time seeing what the bigger plans might be, other than baseless enthusiasm to fuel stock market pump and dump fuckery versus reckless hedge fund short seller psychopaths trying to encourage and cash in on a bankruptcy.

How is GameStop going to insert itself into a digital future? Microsoft let them dip a toe in, but what can gamestop provide for digital purchases that the PlayStation and Nintendo digital store don’t already provide directly? The only way they get Sony and Nintendo on board to give them a digital cut is if they push Microsoft in store like they have never pushed a product before and it shows a direct impact on sales. Unless they plan to create their own kind of subscription or rental service, but GameFly already does that and is mostly ignored. A type of online retro and current gen marketplace could be good, like Amazon where you can buy direct and from third party sellers, but GameStop liquidated most of their retro stock and I don’t think they are getting much back anymore. So that leaves them maybe being able to offer an eBay type storefront dedicated to gaming? But that’s still not their focus, it’s digital...the only way I see them getting any involvement with that is if they can convince the publishers to allow more gatekeeping and paywalls exclusive to GameStop. Beyond skins, they are probably going to have to come up with something even worse than that. Or somehow facilitate digital trade ins? You register an account with GameStop which has your PSN, Nintendo and Xbox user info. Purchase a game digitally through gamestop and somehow you can only play it while it’s still “yours” in the GameStop account. You trade it back in digitally to GameStop, and can’t play it anymore. The publishers would need a sizable cut to allow and support it. If they have enough connections and influence, I could see GameStop trying to argue it’s for the good of the whole industry in some way. Something like that is the only way I see them existing without relying on physical sales and trade ins, but that sounds so stupid and impossible, publishers are not going to want to and probably cannot do that...So what can GameStop offer?

As a side note, at a minimum, if Cohen and co are serious about turning the company around, physical trade ins should still be possible, but flipping for profit is probably done for within a year or two.
TL;DR I like this stock.

or getting banned from the store.
Serious question, how many of you here have been banned from Gamestop and for what reason? I can't imagine trying to use your own credit on eligible items (from the registers perspective) would.

Personally I was banned during the great PvZ2 trade in event. I knew I was going to be trade banned and didn't care since the credit was too good. It was only a temporary ban for a month too which was fine with me.

Serious question, how many of you here have been banned from Gamestop and for what reason? I can't imagine trying to use your own credit on eligible items (from the registers perspective) would.

Personally I was banned during the great PvZ2 trade in event. I knew I was going to be trade banned and didn't care since the credit was too good. It was only a temporary ban for a month too which was fine with me.
When I said that I was implying the other option would be a total jerk about it where they would ban you. Because honestly, some members here definitely would do that.

I've heard of people trying to steal a trade in transaction by offering more to the person and then getting kicked out/banned.

Steal a trade in transaction? What does that entail? 

But yeah, being an ass to employees is never a good thing. Gotta be polite, knowing that most issues can be resolved with a survey.

Steal a trade in transaction? What does that entail?

But yeah, being an ass to employees is never a good thing. Gotta be polite, knowing that most issues can be resolved with a survey.
Basically someone walks in with something we'd all want (maybe a limited edition 3DS) and while the employee is ringing in the trades I walk up to the customer and offer him $20 more in cash than what the employee is offering. It's tempting to do but very fucked up.

Basically someone walks in with something we'd all want (maybe a limited edition 3DS) and while the employee is ringing in the trades I walk up to the customer and offer him $20 more in cash than what the employee is offering. It's tempting to do but very fucked up.
I got banned from my old GS that I used to work out years ago for doing this. I had just quit anyway, so I didn't care.

Unfortunately end date shows 2/27 11:59PM CST, but maybe they'll mess up and keep it active.
Boo... I'll probably pickup a few $19.99 games I need for the shelf and hope it triggers the legit coupon just for fun.

I've heard of people trying to steal a trade in transaction by offering more to the person and then getting kicked out/banned.
I've bought stuff the guy in front of me traded in a few times, they had to print some stickers first though! :whee:

I didn't receive any pick up emails but I went to 2 stores already and they had my games ready.
Yea, I had a few packages arrive from Fedex today from the coupon fun. No shipping notice or update in order history. :dunce:

I see a $20 gift card in my cart since I have a bunch of games in my cart anyone know what the deal is?
Its for buying 19.99 and up preowned games. I think it was $40 gets $10 gift card, $80 is $20 gift card and $100 is $30 gift card free. Supposed to end midnight cst tonight though. Depending on what you are picking up, might be better off waiting for 5 $19.99 and under 50% off sale, which should start at midnight, when the other sale ends, or hope for an overlap of both sales.

Its for buying 19.99 and up preowned games. I think it was $40 gets $10 gift card, $80 is $20 gift card and $100 is $30 gift card free. Supposed to end midnight cst tonight though. Depending on what you are picking up, might be better off waiting for 5 $19.99 and under 50% off sale, which should start at midnight, when the other sale ends, or hope for an overlap of both sales.
Thank you

Looks like the 50% off is active

Dead Cells (S)

Slay the Spire (S)

Death Mark (S)

Power Rangers Battle for the Grid (PS4)

Digimon Cyber Sleuth (S)

All for $53.XX  shipped

I've been trying to checkout for like 20 minutes and I keep getting the "amount is not valid" error on the app and browser. so frustrating

Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning PS4 

Borderlands 3 PS4 

Fallout 76 PS4 

Witcher III Complete PS4 

Destroy all Humans PS4 

The Outer Worlds PS4 

PS4 Back Button

All for $60 shipped

I've been trying to checkout for like 20 minutes and I keep getting the "amount is not valid" error on the app and browser. so frustrating
I was getting the same thing and similar errors. Ended up opening a private browser & checking out as a guest. Rather not have the points and get the games I want before they sell out.

Log out. Add any item to cart. Log in. Rebuild cart, checkout.

Also I had the problem where a game wouldn't add to cart in chrome. Had to checkout through edge.

Was pleasantly surprised by the preowned prices on:

:xb1: Ori and the Will of the Wisps
:ps4: Wonderful 101 Remastered
:ps4: :xb1: Alamur Rereckoning

wish tony hawk would hit 20 bucks already

picked up hitman 2 and stocked up on playstation hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back