2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got Dark Souls Remastered, Death Stranding, Tetris Effect for me to play on PSVR and Puyo Puyo Tetris for the GF, GI Joe Operation Blackout (I know it sucks but I'm a sucker for nostalgia) for $48.

Placed my first order on the preowned deal, I see that you might get disc only games. Anyone got good luck recently buying preowned ps4/xbox one/switch games coming complete?

Nice. Was able to get Digimon, sonic mania plus, Xonic, X com collection and Bioshock collection for $48. All switch

did pretty well, death stranding, lego city undercover, dreams, wonderful 101 and amalur re reckoning for $40 shipped. all ps4. now hoping to trade in my old slim for $190 later today.

Nice to see the sale prices actually work on a promotion for once. Picked up 6 games for $46 shipped:

Destroy All Humans! remake

Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning

G.I. Joe Operation Blackout (just out of curiosity)

The Wonderful 101: Remastered

Mortal Kombat 11 (vanilla)

No Straight Roads

3DS system prices now $140 for most at gamestop. I figured they would increase prices since they had been selling well when restocked. Other preowned systems increased in price as well.

3 copies of dragon quest ix in stock

cart only for 25 isnt so bad i think

assuming you get a real one

edit: gone now

Damn, I was up late last night and rushed through my order as soon as the deal took effect. If I saw that Wonderful 101 and No Straight Roads had such good deals I would've got those as well, but they're OOS now. Will keep an eye out the rest of the week.

Dreams for $5 is pretty good - hopefully more people getting the game means more content.

I know im going to get skewered for this, but i havent traded in a console in forever. The $50 bonus, thats already included in the current tiv listed on the site? Xbox shows at $75, but would that make it $125?

I was able to trade in my PS4 Pro with a 2TB hdd for those wondering about their systems without the OEM hdd. In fact, that was the quickest I've seen a hardware trade-in before. Dude only took like a minute to check everything.

Nice to see the sale prices actually work on a promotion for once. Picked up 6 games for $46 shipped:

Destroy All Humans! remake

Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning

G.I. Joe Operation Blackout (just out of curiosity)

The Wonderful 101: Remastered

Mortal Kombat 11 (vanilla)

No Straight Roads
That’s a pretty decent haul for 46 bucks.

Out of 25x $0.99 coasters.. 1 came complete with case (Halo 4!) A number didn't even come with any stickers or yellow sleeve - just thrown in a spare display case. (I'm sure they have a TON of these now that they're re-gutting heh) That fun promo did fund some Tax-day sales.

I'm stocking/trying some Zoids, GI Joe, Power Rangers, Re-Reckoning, and Dreams! Mostly just wanted to pickup a few random 3DS games to display behind my consoles that I probably could have picked up cheaper a year ago  :dunce: Looks like prices only going up!

(DS games do work with the 4/$20, think I got almost all the ones I wanted GS still seems to carry. You can also try in-store)

Thank you for whoever mentioned the 50% sale is back. Weird that I couldn't find an ad banner or link to it though.  Picked up some random stuff ni no kuni, xenoblade 3ds. 

I just recently re-joined power up pro after a long hiatus. I'm having trouble getting the $5 coupon to work online. Is there a trick to get it to work?

I've tried tons of things including full price new games and always get "Coupon cannot be added to your cart".
Sometimes it breaks. It's not really supposed to work online but they've allowed it during the pandemic. If the active offer says V2 it should work online but mine was broken for the end of January. I used my last one February 1st as soon as it worked in my cart.

I just recently re-joined power up pro after a long hiatus. I'm having trouble getting the $5 coupon to work online. Is there a trick to get it to work?
It takes a few days for the new coupons of the month to become active. If you're talking about the receipt coupon you get for signing up, that doesn't work online.

My promo bonanza games arrived. 9 of 10 with cases! Multiples of DJ Hero 2, Battlefield 3, and Halo 4. Will probably keep the best condition ones and use the others as a family art project.

One of the battlefield cases had the original receipt for $59.99 from 2011.

I love it when that happens. I have a copy of Heavenly Sword that I bought last year which was pristine and had the Best Buy receipt from 2007.

I just noticed that Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners new dropped to $20 - that's a nice deal for that game. Pure speculation, but I think it might end up being a rarer PSVR title: it's a great VR game that had a rather low-key release on PSVR.

My promo bonanza games arrived. 9 of 10 with cases! Multiples of DJ Hero 2, Battlefield 3, and Halo 4. Will probably keep the best condition ones and use the others as a family art project.

That's amazing. I have just been getting yellow sleeve games and just plain black cases most the time. One black case had three yellow sleeve games in it.

GS Refurbished 2DS XL Hylian Shield came today along with some Zelda amiibos. Haven't had time to test the screens yet (assume TN), but good enough for the shelf! (Back of the unit was fairly scratched up - as expected of 2DS plastic.. but a pretty face makes up for a lot!  O:) )

u7rYZ9c.png

GS Refurbished 2DS XL Hylian Shield came today along with some Zelda amiibos. Haven't had time to test the screens yet (assume TN), but good enough for the shelf! (Back of the unit was fairly scratched up - as expected of 2DS plastic.. but a pretty face makes up for a lot! O:) )
Lookin Sharp! I still wont buy from GameStops "Premium Refurbished"

GS Refurbished 2DS XL Hylian Shield came today along with some Zelda amiibos. Haven't had time to test the screens yet (assume TN), but good enough for the shelf! (Back of the unit was fairly scratched up - as expected of 2DS plastic.. but a pretty face makes up for a lot! O:) )

u7rYZ9c.png
I'm so jealous!!! I wanted to order one but missed it and it seems like the GS page is dead too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back