2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
GS Refurbished 2DS XL Hylian Shield came today along with some Zelda amiibos. Haven't had time to test the screens yet (assume TN), but good enough for the shelf! (Back of the unit was fairly scratched up - as expected of 2DS plastic.. but a pretty face makes up for a lot! O:) )

u7rYZ9c.png
Rosecolored Gaming, time to get a stand on that 3ds.

Copies from the first initial printing for pq 1 shadow of the labyrinth have printing errors where the carts are defective and won't work or stop working after a bit/only let you get past the opening. That's all I know besides what I already posted that Atlus will give you the digital code in exchange for your physical copy. It's a common issue with the games initial batch. Not sure how common it is for the later copies from the second batch.
https://youtu.be/G9MtT9MjNWU

Got my other 4 games from the 50% sale this morning. All in great shape with original cases (all newer PS4 titles), and none of them had any stickers on the front. Actually, none of the 6 games I received had them (or any residue), which is hella surprising.

Got my other 4 games from the 50% sale this morning. All in great shape with original cases (all newer PS4 titles), and none of them had any stickers on the front. Actually, none of the 6 games I received had them (or any residue), which is hella surprising.
I’m still waiting. It’s been “awaiting carrier pickup” since Monday. Do stores pack stuff and then just forget to drop it off at FedEx?

FedEx main hub in Memphis got slammed by with snow/ice something like 10-14 days ago and hasn’t caught up with the backlog they’re dealing with.

I spoke with a guy I know at USPS and they utilize one of FedEx planes for USPS express mail which has caused some huge issues. The planes being grounded is the main thing since FedEx uses mostly planes whereas other companies use more ground vehicles than planes. Although, I’ve read complaints that there have been lots of issues with FedEx even before this. Regardless, some people have been waiting weeks for overnight shipments.

Make sure to test the crap out of it if its 1. as they had that big printing issue with 1 where a good portion of the carts don't work. Though from what I understand you can send it in to atlus for the digital version. It's why I just skipped the middleman and went and got it digitally.
Glad you mentioned this. My copy does NOT work.

fuck.

Received my premium refurbished pokeball 2ds today, and yeah, wouldn't recommend it. Initial thoughts were good, as the pokeball outside looked pretty nice. Lots of minor scratches when you look closely, but far away it is spotless as a display piece. On the inside the plastic is cracked between the touchscreen and hinge, and there is a "bright spot" in the middle of the touchscreen. There are stress marks on the corners of the plastic and near the screws from the handheld being opened up. The cherry on top was it struggled to play about 80% of the ds games I popped in it. Yeah, I'll be returning it this weekend. Even if they go back in stock, now that they rose the price to $150, I see no reason to buy from GameStop.

Also got a princess peach pink 2ds. Love the color scheme, looks great. Front and back are flawless, markings on the bottom like it was dropped (or maybe from being opened). Seems to work fine, gonna keep it. Sadly it came with a black stylus, and not what I assume was a white or pink one that it came with.

Does anyone know if Gamestop stores get any actual inventory of PS5s and Series X consoles?  I know they drop them on the website fairly regularly, but I would prefer to figure out a way to purchase in-store with trade credit, and not burn $50 per system on sales tax by ordering online.

Does anyone know if Gamestop stores get any actual inventory of PS5s and Series X consoles? I know they drop them on the website fairly regularly, but I would prefer to figure out a way to purchase in-store with trade credit, and not burn $50 per system on sales tax by ordering online.
Nope only at launch and BF. Otherwise online. One time they announced on Twitter for in-store orders, but those were online bundles that were later shipped.

Received my premium refurbished pokeball 2ds today, and yeah, wouldn't recommend it. Initial thoughts were good, as the pokeball outside looked pretty nice. Lots of minor scratches when you look closely, but far away it is spotless as a display piece. On the inside the plastic is cracked between the touchscreen and hinge, and there is a "bright spot" in the middle of the touchscreen. There are stress marks on the corners of the plastic and near the screws from the handheld being opened up. The cherry on top was it struggled to play about 80% of the ds games I popped in it. Yeah, I'll be returning it this weekend. Even if they go back in stock, now that they rose the price to $150, I see no reason to buy from GameStop.

Also got a princess peach pink 2ds. Love the color scheme, looks great. Front and back are flawless, markings on the bottom like it was dropped (or maybe from being opened). Seems to work fine, gonna keep it. Sadly it came with a black stylus, and not what I assume was a white or pink one that it came with.
It's definitely a gamble. 8 of 10 3ds/3dsxl/2dsxl systems I received were in great condition. 2 are a little worse off, cosmetically, but otherwise are completely functional. I would agree with price increases, not as worthwhile.

It’s sad there’s no affordable Nintendo system. The $80 2DS that came with Mario kart was such a great value. Now you’re looking at $250 for a Switch Lite and Mario Kart.

Shut down that Game and Watch production and ramp up our $99 Game Boy Classic Edition.

It’s sad there’s no affordable Nintendo system. The $80 2DS that came with Mario kart was such a great value. Now you’re looking at $250 for a Switch Lite and Mario Kart.

Shut down that Game and Watch production and ramp up our $99 Game Boy Classic Edition.
Was there an $80 2DS with kart?

That N2DSXL with MK7 was $100, not $80, and added at the very end of it's life. The 2DS was $150 for quite a long time prior to that.

Unless you're referring to the 2DS non-folding (single screen internally) model, but I don't recall that model ever having a kart bundle.

Even if they go back in stock, now that they rose the price to $150, I see no reason to buy from GameStop.
Yea, I think I'm done with 3DSes as well! I'm mostly just hoping Gameboys get a random restock! I got one in the last restock (I think last November) and re-shelled it into the NES one. :robot:

Rosecolored Gaming, time to get a stand on that 3ds.
Googled that, and it does look pretty neat... but not $60 neat! (too cheap!)

Yep, but it might be more of an artifact they stopped gutting for a few weeks and now going back to it! My "complete" % this last sale took a nose dive once all the 3DS games came :razz:

Can somebody else check their reward card balance? I am wondering if I got nuked because of the gift card debacle.
Their servers error out quite a bit (says not-available) just check back a few hours later

I received my 5 Switch games from the sale.  Only 3 were complete with original cases, 2 were just in the yellow disc envelopes (these will be returned).  As a nice bonus, one of the games that came complete (Lego Worlds) even included a working DLC code!

That N2DSXL with MK7 was $100, not $80, and added at the very end of it's life. The 2DS was $150 for quite a long time prior to that.

Unless you're referring to the 2DS non-folding (single screen internally) model, but I don't recall that model ever having a kart bundle.
http://web.archive.org/web/20190827144909/https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/more-platforms/nintendo-3ds/consoles/products/nintendo-2ds-mario-kart-7-bundle-blue/10117269.html

Yep, bought a few.

What will that $250 buy you in the land of PlayStations and Xboxes? Affordablility is relative, I guess is what I'm saying.

yep it was 80 with mario kart 7 for years. I own one of them.

Agreed. It's a weak statement to argue that the most affordable system relative to the market is not affordable.
You’re looking at the market as traditional video games but I’m looking at it as entertainment. For those looking for gifts, $60 tablets with mostly poor quality, advertisement-filled games look pretty good next to a $200 Switch. I guess there’s Super Mario Run and Mario Kart Live.

You’re looking at the market as traditional video games but I’m looking at it as entertainment. For those looking for gifts, $60 tablets with mostly poor quality, advertisement-filled games look pretty good next to a $200 Switch. I guess there’s Super Mario Run and Mario Kart Live.
i don't know how you're going to compare tablet games to console games

Anyone ever have an issue with a giftcard order going through and then receiving an email saying they couldn't process payment? Their giftcard's original as being what I paid and then is now $0, but is asking me to update payment for my order... 

Anyone ever have an issue with a giftcard order going through and then receiving an email saying they couldn't process payment? Their giftcard's original as being what I paid and then is now $0, but is asking me to update payment for my order...
You could try calling. I just let mine run out the clock and get canceled after about a week.

You could try calling. I just let mine run out the clock and get canceled after about a week.
Hm... given my past history with their CS lines, I'd rather save this as a last resort. But with just letting it cancel, I doubt i'll get my giftcard funds back- already got screwed once.

Upcoming Target ad has select Mario games for $38.99. With Mario day coming up (March 10th, MAR10), expect similar deals at the big retailers.

Mario maker 2
Mario & sonic Olympic Games
Mario tennis
Luigis mansion
Mario party

Happened to me last week. They increased the tax I was being charged after the fact so it wouldn't process the payment cause the gift card didn't have enough on it. I contacted their support twice who said the email was a mistake the order was processing, then the order was canceled. Gift card funds were returned but still annoyed.

So also word to the wise, gamestop may be charging people more than they agreed to after the fact. Was only like $1.50 but noticed my confirmation email listed one number for tax but the website order details was higher. My gift card had no other funds so they couldn't but if I has paid with a card I wouldn't have ever noticed.

Note, I used my $5 monthly coupon in that order (lost forever now) so that could have been part of what triggered the issue ok their site.

Happened to me last week. They increased the tax I was being charged after the fact so it wouldn't process the payment cause the gift card didn't have enough on it. I contacted their support twice who said the email was a mistake the order was processing, then the order was canceled. Gift card funds were returned but still annoyed.

So also word to the wise, gamestop may be charging people more than they agreed to after the fact. Was only like $1.50 but noticed my confirmation email listed one number for tax but the website order details was higher. My gift card had no other funds so they couldn't but if I has paid with a card I wouldn't have ever noticed.

Note, I used my $5 monthly coupon in that order (lost forever now) so that could have been part of what triggered the issue ok their site.
Ah... yup, you're right. My order price increased by 30 cents... and what do you know, you can use the giftcards on it. Jesus, what a piece of shit website.

EDIT* also used my monthly PUR on it, so that's gone.

Has anyone gotten shipping notification from the Dual Sense Charge Station from Feb. 25th? Was able to order one but when I check status it says "Awaiting Product Availability". I used trade credit online. First time I've ever done that, have seen horror stories so I'm a little worried.

Has anyone gotten shipping notification from the Dual Sense Charge Station from Feb. 25th? Was able to order one but when I check status it says "Awaiting Product Availability". I used trade credit online. First time I've ever done that, have seen horror stories so I'm a little worried.
i ordered a ps5 headset that said awaiting product as well.
ordered on the nov 30th and didnt get it til dec 19th.
so hopefully you will get it too but it will take a while probably

Next week's "tax day" sale looks very similar to this week's + some common mario sales ... (preview from GS)

A4DGYiM.png

I'm going to call later but does anyone know if they will take in an Xbox One S that doesn't make it to make it to the home screen? It powers and displays but even after trying the offline update, it won't get past 50% on the setup screen before throwing up the "Something went wrong" screen.

I'm going to call later but does anyone know if they will take in an Xbox One S that doesn't make it to make it to the home screen? It powers and displays but even after trying the offline update, it won't get past 50% on the setup screen before throwing up the "Something went wrong" screen.
Typically they will but will charge a refurb fee. I traded in a PS4 Pro that had a blinking blue light last month.

Might be a little late in posting this but did anyone else notice their wish list has returned? Just saw this happen after about a 6 month+ hiatus. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back