2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
anybody got "Acess Denied" when you go to gamestop.com? The full message I get is:

"Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.gamestop.com/" on this server.
Reference #18.506d817.1615663066.ec3775d"

It's been like this for about a week. I thought it was just an error, but it's starting to freak me out.
I was blocked for about a week once, but it's because I pinged their server 500k times lol. Don't do that. I had to use mobile connection until I was unblocked. It should go away eventually, otherwise you might have to wait until you get a new IP address via your ISP. I think that can be done by unplugging your modem for a certain amount of time, but not sure.

Wonder how many users here know that you have a month to return .com purchased merchandise
This is YMMV. Some stores seem to make up their own rules, I've encountered 'must be returned within 7 days' and 14 days before at different stores, and thankfully my home store usually gives me 30 days

i am a little bit dense, so could someone tell me the difference between these 2 mario rc karts https://www.gamestop.com/toys-collectibles/toys/remote-control/products/mario-kart-8-mini-anti-gravity-r-c-racer/10134309.html?condition=New and https://www.gamestop.com/toys-collectibles/toys/remote-control/products/mario-kart-mario-xl-rc-racer-only-at-gamestop/11111455.html?condition=New I mean, it looks like they took away the mario kart 8 branding to just mario branding and went from $40 to $100. I ask because I found 2 of these in my basement and I was trying to see what they were worth.

i am a little bit dense, so could someone tell me the difference between these 2 mario rc karts https://www.gamestop.com/toys-collectibles/toys/remote-control/products/mario-kart-8-mini-anti-gravity-r-c-racer/10134309.html?condition=New and https://www.gamestop.com/toys-collectibles/toys/remote-control/products/mario-kart-mario-xl-rc-racer-only-at-gamestop/11111455.html?condition=New I mean, it looks like they took away the mario kart 8 branding to just mario branding and went from $40 to $100. I ask because I found 2 of these in my basement and I was trying to see what they were worth.
Mini vs XL.

Are any +20% trade promos still working today? I was waiting to trade in some bumped titles for a possible new promo. Instead i think there may now be no promos at all.

Are any +20% trade promos still working today? I was waiting to trade in some bumped titles for a possible new promo. Instead i think there may now be no promos at all.
Same... I was hoping Pokemon Snap / Monster Hunter Rise would be eligible for +20% this week. May just wait for the next +5. :oldman:

My GameStop has an extra 10% on trade-ins if you bring the games in a GameStop bag. Not sure if it stacks with pre-orders. The GameStop bag is only $1.

But by the book is what .com says which is 30 days from delivery.
attachicon.gif
ADD104A0-56C0-4076-8935-6DA39153C90E.png
useful to know, thank you

You can’t buy digital currency with the $50 in store coupons you get from redeeming power up points right? I have a $50 coupon expiring at end of March and I’m struggling to find stuff to use it on

But by the book is what .com says which is 30 days from delivery.
You're right, but some GameStop employees are morons and will try to say 7 days like you're taking the money from their own pockets, and give you the "I'll make an exception this one time" garbage like it's not their actual policy to begin with.

Then again, I've also had some employees try to deny me a return because "we can't accept unopened games" despite clearly being a return and not a trade.

Any able to get the bag trade boost to work with the preorder trade boost to get a 40% bonus?
I was able to last month when I traded in games towards Super Mario 3D World.

I had no idea it was even a thing - the employee that was handling my trades said that they were a 'test store' for the 10% bag bonus and let me stack the promotions.
I did have to pay 99¢ for the reusable bag, but I got an extra ~$15 in trade credit so it was definitely worth it!

What's bag bonus?
Buy a GameStop bag for $1, bring in your game trades in the bag to store. Then when they do the tradein, they will manually bump of the trade amount by 10%.

My local stores here in MN have been doing it for the last several weeks. They had mentioned that it was due to them getting rid of plastic bags at stores or something. Not really sure if it applies to all stores or only certain districts.

Buy a GameStop bag for $1, bring in your game trades in the bag to store. Then when they do the tradein, they will manually bump of the trade amount by 10%.

My local stores here in MN have been doing it for the last several weeks. They had mentioned that it was due to them getting rid of plastic bags at stores or something. Not really sure if it applies to all stores or only certain districts.
They've been trying to sneak them onto receipts here, but no mention of a 10% trade bonus. I assume that if my district were offering it, they would use that as the tactic to sell the bags instead

Went back today to get that bonus added for the Rise trade in. New manager has no idea how to work the system. Somehow gives me the additional credit and another copy of Monster Hunter fully paid off. Not sure how that happened, but I'll go fix it at some point.

Went back today to get that bonus added for the Rise trade in. New manager has no idea how to work the system. Somehow gives me the additional credit and another copy of Monster Hunter fully paid off. Not sure how that happened, but I'll go fix it at some point.
Does this mean that rise still isn't triggering the +20% today?

So I finally encountered the dreaded trade limit exceeded ban for the first time on one of the accounts I use. I track all my trades so I’m not sure what caused it. I hit 1,925 in trades between 1/29-2/22 and today was the first trade I attempted. Hopefully it’s just a 30 day.
Got informed of a trade ban tonight. No idea why. Traded only twice since the PS5 launch. My only guess is that I was jrd at my last trade but for no reason. Spoke with the DM and 2 SL questioning why the DM signed off on that BS. No answers, many questions.
Remember reading these posts and wondering if I also got the ban hammer hitting similar limits back in Jan… and after trying to trade in today towards Rise… looks like I'm in the same boat. Plus it looks like my ban is > 30 days if it initiated on my last trade in early Feb. My homestore SL seemed a bit standoffish when he said he had no idea what was going on, so I feel like it might have been a targeted ban and not automatic (assume first bans are 30 days typically?). Said a few other regulars also got the same error message as well, but all heresay to me!

I can definitely see how a manual review of my trade-in activity would seem pretty suspicious (20+ copies of a few high volume titles in 2 years). Oh well, I don't plan to find a work around with multiple IDs / accounts, so if it’s a perma-ban, I guess I'll have to wean myself off the GME teet and do something productive in life like finishing the house renos! :bomb:

upy0Vhx.png

I still have a good chunk of credit and my PUR account seems fine - all points still there and accumulating with each purchase. Customer service still seems to respond to my requests fine (the replacement for the last few copies of Mario Sonic Olympics came in last week).

Anyone else find themselves trade banned this year? Its an exclusive club! :D/

They've been trying to sneak them onto receipts here, but no mention of a 10% trade bonus. I assume that if my district were offering it, they would use that as the tactic to sell the bags instead
I thought they were just saying some BS to get me to buy a bag, but it turned out to be true. Nice to get 20% boost overall and don't have to deal with trading towards anything.

Gamestop sure loves to ship my orders without updating them from preparing to shipped, thus resulting in having no clue where it is because I have no tracking number .

Remember reading these posts and wondering if I also got the ban hammer hitting similar limits back in Jan… and after trying to trade in today towards Rise… looks like I'm in the same boat. Plus it looks like my ban is > 30 days if it initiated on my last trade in early Feb. My homestore SL seemed a bit standoffish when he said he had no idea what was going on, so I feel like it might have been a targeted ban and not automatic (assume first bans are 30 days typically?). Said a few other regulars also got the same error message as well, but all heresay to me!

I can definitely see how a manual review of my trade-in activity would seem pretty suspicious (20+ copies of a few high volume titles in 2 years). Oh well, I don't plan to find a work around with multiple IDs / accounts, so if it’s a perma-ban, I guess I'll have to wean myself off the GME teet and do something productive in life like finishing the house renos! :bomb:

upy0Vhx.png

I still have a good chunk of credit and my PUR account seems fine - all points still there and accumulating with each purchase. Customer service still seems to respond to my requests fine (the replacement for the last few copies of Mario Sonic Olympics came in last week).

Anyone else find themselves trade banned this year? Its an exclusive club! :D/
I found out today my personal account was also trade banned, making it 2 out of 3 accounts that are flagged. I moved onto the 3rd account at other stores on my route. I wonder how they triggered the ban as the 3rd account is just as active and I traded on all three during the February stealth bump through 2/22. The worst part is that I'm sitting on about 400 games accumulated from the last wave closing stores in February and another 100+ from the tax day 50% sale.

For comparison of trades including bonuses between 1/29-2/22

Acct #1 - ~1,925 credit 110 titles

Acct #2 - ~1,670 credit 94 titles

Acct #3 - ~1,685 credit 96 titles

This also reminds me that I need to call CS about Mario Sonic Olympics from back in December as well.

I thought they were just saying some BS to get me to buy a bag, but it turned out to be true. Nice to get 20% boost overall and don't have to deal with trading towards anything.
If you're trading any number of games that total 25 base combined, it only makes sense to throw a preorder just for the bonus...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back