2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
All mine shipped as well a few hours after placement via Fedex.. all look to be shipped from random stores (STORE MANAGER being listed as the shipper name in the tracking site). I will pray to the CIB gods now  :dunce:

Definitely a solid restock, but no idea what could make you make 29 orders. I haven't found a single thing worth ordering without an under $30 promo going on. Unless you've made 29 separate orders of Fairy Tail/Ys Viii to resell (no comment on that), im definitely confused.

Care to name any? I haven't seen a single PS4/XB1/Switch game under $10 that's been restocked that hasn't been in stock.
6 orders and gamestop being inefficient with shipping. Didn't buy Fairy Tail for Switch, better, cheaper source elsewhere for that game.

Attack on Titan 2, Xenoblade 2, and Xenoblade 2 Torna for Switch are a few games I ordered. Promos would have been better, but better to get the games without promo than not at all.

Yeah, I ordered 11 games through 2 separate orders and they are arriving through 8 different shipments. Very wasteful, but ultimately these are all coming from different stores so I guess there's no real way to lump them together Amazon-style.

Yea thats the problem with some people here. They'd rather order everything they want, often multiples of it, before posting about anything. Sounds like the restock happened over an hour before the first post in the thread told about it, and multiple people didn't mention it sadly.

Same thing happened with the DeepDiscount sale.
I mean you can also regularly refresh the page every day, it's no issue

Yea thats the problem with some people here. They'd rather order everything they want, often multiples of it, before posting about anything. Sounds like the restock happened over an hour before the first post in the thread told about it, and multiple people didn't mention it sadly.

I missed out on the restock but...I see nothing wrong with this. You snooze, you lose, can’t be bitter if someone else was diligent

I promise you I wasn't hogging this deal. I mean yes, I did finish my order before posting here, but it was probably ten minutes after the fact that I came on here to share. I don't check my list multiple times each day: I actually was more on-the-ball today because Def Jam Icon (don't judge me) came in/out of stock yesterday and I wanted to see if it was back.

I mean you can also regularly refresh the page every day, it's no issue
I set browser alerts, but mostly manually refresh because I'm not cool enough to make bots to check for stuff.

8Mk8fKc.png

I was stuck in meetings until 12, lunch, then ordered a few things at 1pm EST. The more recent 50% promos didn't work for anything pre-3DS it seems, so was hoping CAG16 would start working again. But like others have mentioned, a pre-3DS $9.99 games still work with the 4/$20.

For those that bought a bunch of pokemon cartridges, please share the condition! I like the colored carts.... that sounded really bad :bouncy:

Cry more.

Holy WHAT, I haven't been game collecting/flipping in a while and now I'm seeing some games are going for insane amounts? AOT2 and Xenoblade Torna...what??? How much have I missed lol

Cry more.
Thank you for being so trashy that you posted this unironically. Made my night reading it. I guess that's why you guys got stimulus checks, right? To invest in video games that you try to sell on ebay or something. Must be how economics works for people who don't make enough to be exempt.

Has anyone else noticed a lot of games no longer even give the option to search for a copy in store -- random things; no obvious pattern? Perhaps Gamestop is moving away from allowing online orders for in-store pick up at all (still haven't fixed the inventory "bug" and now this).

I set browser alerts, but mostly manually refresh because I'm not cool enough to make bots to check for stuff.

8Mk8fKc.png

I was stuck in meetings until 12, lunch, then ordered a few things at 1pm EST. The more recent 50% promos didn't work for anything pre-3DS it seems, so was hoping CAG16 would start working again. But like others have mentioned, a pre-3DS $9.99 games still work with the 4/$20.

For those that bought a bunch of pokemon cartridges, please share the condition! I like the colored carts.... that sounded really bad :bouncy:
I used to use the list feature on gamestop but it seems like you aren't able to add games to it anymore and it was removed from the website and yeah its a bummer the promo code is dead for now

My DQVII and DQVIII from yesterday both came in today since they were apparently shipped from in town.

DQVII came complete, sadly DQVIII did not.

I wasn't expecting this today. DS, DS Lite, DSi and DSi XL systems restocked at gamestop. All refurbs, of course.

Perhaps a sign of things to come...

How do you know this?
I guess just try and trade in some 360 games and see if they ring up! I do see stacks of 360 / PS3 / Wii / Wii U games out on shelves in most stores. They also normally just chuck 3/DS cases if they don't have space.

I wasn't expecting this today. DS, DS Lite, DSi and DSi XL systems restocked at gamestop. All refurbs, of course.

Perhaps a sign of things to come...
Hopefully they get some GBAs soon! I must have missed the gold DS re-stock :oldman:

I have 3 outstanding order from late last year all pending availability of retro games. I'm certain they will never ship.
I think it depends on what form of payment you used. Since all of mine are using trade credit, usually I find they release the hold on the amount that is stuck awaiting availability, and by the time they come back in stock there is $0 balance left on that card.

How do you know this?
My store just did a major redesign and they shipped all PS3 / Xbox360 / Wii games back. I didn't look to see if they had handheld games anymore. They did still take the older trades but would send them all back to the mothership.

G2L updates on the preorder print out at the checkout counter. MLB The show, Pokémon Snap, RE VIII, and Mass effect will be guaranteed to love in addition to Monster Hunter Rise.

The Show and Rise were advertised with +20% trade credit

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back