2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
So right now it looks like they removed the auto-attaching gift card to carts across the board.  No 5/$50 active yet though.

So right now it looks like they removed the auto-attaching gift card to carts across the board. No 5/$50 active yet though.
Thanks for the heads up. A couple of the games that I had in my cart while waiting for this damn deal to start has since sold out online, so I'm probably skipping this one (barring a restock).

Shit like this is why I'm not even going to both renewing my pro when it comes up, because they keep trying to find new and inventive ways to screw the customer. The sooner they go out of business, the better, because they are doing nothing but making the game buying experience more toxic.
In the mean time (i.e. while gamestop is still open for business), I think doing these two things will put your mind at ease.

1) Don't shop there
2) Don't post in this thread

So is there no way to use a rewards cert online? My cert I ordered expires in 2 days and I wanted to get LN2 but no store near me has it. Might just let it expire, upsetting that it gives you no notification that you have to spend it by X date until you order it

So is there no way to use a rewards cert online? My cert I ordered expires in 2 days and I wanted to get LN2 but no store near me has it. Might just let it expire, upsetting that it gives you no notification that you have to spend it by X date until you order it
Don't think so. You should be able to call CS and have them refund the points though (this is a cert that you bought with points, right?)

Cute.  The newest daily email spam now describes the 5 for $50:

$19.99 and under pre-owned games* In-Store Only

Just went in a store trying to trade in some games and an agent told me I hit the trade limit... but I haven't traded like 2 months, and last time I traded I only did about $200, with no duplicates or new games of course. Any changed rule for a trade ban?

So I guess I'll answer the question I posted a little while ago. Yes, the monthly $5 cert applies to the Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon game code that prints on receipt instore. I did this today and paid $1.07 for the game code.

So does that mean I need to buy the games online, hope they get here before the weekend, return and rebuy at store for the 5 for $50 then?
I wouldn't bother with that hassle, but do what you'd like. There's a lot that could go wrong with that plan. A brilliant store recently shipped me :3ds: Fire Emblem Warriors instead of the Fire Emblem Awakening that was bundled with my n3ds xl.

So does that mean I need to buy the games online, hope they get here before the weekend, return and rebuy at store for the 5 for $50 then?
I've been able to do this with B2G1's. But I do have good relationships with a couple of the GS managers locally and they tend accommodate my odd requests as long as the POS allows it.

Heard the game is not very good at all unless you're a total weeb, especially on Switch. Easy Pass. Not sure why there are so many recent completely sub-par games becoming "rare" just because of a "low print".
Agreed, this is an incredibly mediocre game that I can't justify flipping even

Just went in a store trying to trade in some games and an agent told me I hit the trade limit... but I haven't traded like 2 months, and last time I traded I only did about $200, with no duplicates or new games of course. Any changed rule for a trade ban?
A couple people have mentioned getting trade banned and not knowing why.

So unless you track trades in excel, or whatever, then it's hard to say what could have been the reason. If it's not 4 copies of the same game, going over the $500 cash limit, or going over the $2k trade credit limit, it may have just been somebody looking into your account and not liking what they saw (if you're a regular trader).

It never seizes to amaze me what a piece of shit the gamestop website is. I wanted to buy Yakuza Remastered. It's $25 for me and I wanted to add my monthly $5 certificate. To make the total $20. I input my certificate code and the price reverts to $29.99 and the code is gone from the subtotal and every time I input it again it says the code's already been inputted. I've logged out. Removed the item and put it back in the cart. It keeps saying the code is already in the cart. but the price is still $29.99

It never seizes to amaze me what a piece of shit the gamestop website is. I wanted to buy Yakuza Remastered. It's $25 for me and I wanted to add my monthly $5 certificate. To make the total $20. I input my certificate code and the price reverts to $29.99 and the code is gone from the subtotal and every time I input it again it says the code's already been inputted. I've logged out. Removed the item and put it back in the cart. It keeps saying the code is already in the cart. but the price is still $29.99
yep, and if you use your monthly certficate it pretty much keeps any other promo from working, even if you buy something not on promo that the certificate should apply to.

Monthly coupon doesn’t work with dotd and most promos period.

Was able to swing a decent deal for pre-owned Ghost of Tsushima by also buying (new) 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim which dropped from $60 to $30.

Apologies if this pastes poorly:

Subtotal

$67.98

Discounts

-$16.39

Buy any new title $29.99+ and get 30% off 1 pre-owned title

-$11.40

Standard Shipping

-$4.99

Subtotal after discounts

$56.58

Shipping & Handling

$4.99 FREE

Estimated Tax

$5.10

Estimated Total

$61.68

----

Just an FYI.

Can confirm the 5/$50 works in store, and the 4/$20 is might be one of those season-long promos. (I always check the last gen for some complete games I could use for the shelf  :beer:)

baZTKYj.png

So unless you track trades in excel, or whatever, then it's hard to say what could have been the reason. If it's not 4 copies of the same game, going over the $500 cash limit, or going over the $2k trade credit limit, it may have just been somebody looking into your account and not liking what they saw (if you're a regular trader).
I used to when I was trading every month, but I traded ~$1900 last September (all trade credit, tracked with excel), then ~$100 this January, and then nothing until today. Never went over 2k or went with cash, so I guess somebody just didn't like what they see last September?

I know why I got trade banned. I got he manager's attention when I tried to get the trade in promo on a game that was OOS. I looked up to pick another one from the display and that's when he warned me about not doing it. He must have passed on what I was doing to his AM. It was during COD WWII and Destiny trade promos. I cancelled the preorders because I wanted to buy something with the trade credit. The AM didn't like that very much. He told me that I wasn't going to get the bonus anymore and got the ban. I missed out on some huge 3DS games trade in deals. They were trading in for more than the retail price. I could have avoided it because I still had some trade in credit left over in my card.

When did they start resealing display copies?    Bought the last copy of Bayonetta/Vanquish XB1 bundle the store had.   While looking for a game to use the 30% off of(ended up getting Wipeout Omega Collection for $12.59), the employee went into the backroom and resealed the Bayonetta/Vanquish game.  

went to use my march certificate today and was greeted with this.

wouldn't expect a vague sign like this in a mall.  Some dinky small town maybe.

2S45wVF.jpg

^ I encountered this exact thing at a GameStop in Manhattan, New York - the audacity to do something like that is baffling to me
Same thing happened today. Guy said it was his day off, so I assume someone must have left or called out. They also closed a bunch of the neighboring stores, so when I went back, there was a line of people.

They're very short staffed at some stores with absolutely no backup. My store has one guy who works almost every day from open to close and I genuinely feel bad for him because the only other employees they can get have terrible availability and their DM doesn't allow more than single coverage. They have no option but to just close the store to get any type of break or even use the restroom.

Can confirm the 5/$50 works in store, and the 4/$20 is might be one of those season-long promos. (I always check the last gen for some complete games I could use for the shelf :beer:)

baZTKYj.png
Oh man nice, I've been trying to locate a reasonably priced copy of that with box.

Since Gamestop started letting people back in the store last summer I've only seen two people working there, and only one at a time. A sign like that isn't surprising. Enjoy your lunch.

went to use my march certificate today and was greeted with this.

wouldn't expect a vague sign like this in a mall. Some dinky small town maybe.

2S45wVF.jpg
Oh boy, the worker had the nerve to eat their lunch instead of work all day. The impudence of the serf!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back