2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
The $10 Game Coin for buying Outriders is in my account now. For information, I bought the Xbox version on Friday (didn’t preorder), and traded it in on Saturday.

I would guess that they were having problems fulfilling orders during the holiday season when a customer purchased the last copy before it could be packed for the online orders
This was my thoughts as well. I had tons of issues with online orders being canceled during COVID shut downs and they likely know the future is likely a smaller retail footprint so this is just the start. What I don't get is, why they haven't started some kind of retail trade in program... which might also be intentional as they plan to shift away from used games altogether and just become some kind of digital store front.

Are used consoles only sometimes included in B2G1 used sales? I’m not sure if I should get used Switches due to drifting issues, but I’m trying to get a couple for my sons to play Monster Hunter Rise with me.

Are used consoles only sometimes included in B2G1 used sales? I’m not sure if I should get used Switches due to drifting issues, but I’m trying to get a couple for my sons to play Monster Hunter Rise with me.
I don't think used consoles have ever been included. Controllers and accessories are occasionally included, but not consoles.

I bought my Wii-U with a buy 2 get 1 free, but that was several years ago. It definitely has happened, but that does not mean it will happen again.

There was a rumor Astral Chain was part of it, but it's still for sale at $49.99 at all of the Walmarts within 100 miles of here, so I think that was either hearsay, or way more geographically limited than the other 3 cent markdowns.
It's not a rumor. It's a fact. However it is also ymmv so your stores haven't done it yet and possibly may never do it. Majority of mine besides 2 have all clearanced it out to 3 cents and gotten rid of the copies with one other that had it clearanced out at that 10.00 price from a couple months back. The 3 cent recall is definitely more widespread though than the usual clearance with multiple people commenting in the walmart thread about it.

It looks like the GS website has been updated to show only items that are in stock - searching for games that aren't available produces no results. It gives the website a modern feel and should provide most consumers with a better shopping experience, but not for collectors looking to fill out their libraries.

The links for out-of-stock items still exist, and I assume the pages will be searchable again if the item comes back in stock. I think overall it'll be a good change for GS if they can continue stocking new products, but they are really going to have a tough challenge with digital games, Game Pass, etc.

I would guess that they were having problems fulfilling orders during the holiday season when a customer purchased the last copy before it could be packed for the online orders
If that’s the case, the site should say “limited availability” on low stock items and you can only buy in store (similar to Target’s online system). I realize most shoppers aren’t like me who uses site inventory to hunt for hard to find items, but saying a store doesn’t have an item when it does is incredibly stupid.

Does anyone know what the store’s protocol is if you try to return a game you bought in-store ‘new’ , but they gave it to you with the gutted display box with the price sticker? I removed the price sticker (it was NHL 21 for Xbox one) and it’s been less than 14 days, any idea if I can still return it for a refund?

Does anyone know what the store’s protocol is if you try to return a game you bought in-store ‘new’ , but they gave it to you with the gutted display box with the price sticker? I removed the price sticker (it was NHL 21 for Xbox one) and it’s been less than 14 days, any idea if I can still return it for a refund?
30 days on a new product. even stores that enforce 7 days from packing slip date on preowend shouldn't dispute it's 30 on "new." Most of my "new" purchases lately have come without being re-sealed, so that's going to vary by employee on taking it in that state.

If that’s the case, the site should say “limited availability” on low stock items and you can only buy in store (similar to Target’s online system). I realize most shoppers aren’t like me who uses site inventory to hunt for hard to find items, but saying a store doesn’t have an item when it does is incredibly stupid.
I never said it was a good idea

The problem with that logic is the website was updating as soon as you ordered for BOPIS. So on the off chance someone had the same game in their cart or was at a checkout too, one of them would have got the order through, the other would not have. And lately, the website has been saying "This item cannot be added to cart" for online only purchases if the add to cart button was still showing but there were none left.

This would make more sense back in the day when you also had the option to hold in store before going and buying it. I know you could keep ordering the same thing over and over and since it was just being held and not sold yet, you could have multiple orders go through. Irrelevant for a single customer to do that, but if multiple people did it, then only 1 of them would get the Hold email, the rest cancelled.

Have to admit, pleasantly suprised how easy it was to get a receipt for an in store purchase emailed to me when contacting customer service. Gamestop customer service has come a long way apparently.

It's not a rumor. It's a fact. However it is also ymmv so your stores haven't done it yet and possibly may never do it. Majority of mine besides 2 have all clearanced it out to 3 cents and gotten rid of the copies with one other that had it clearanced out at that 10.00 price from a couple months back. The 3 cent recall is definitely more widespread though than the usual clearance with multiple people commenting in the walmart thread about it.
Interesting - did Octopath Traveler and Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive get 3 centsed as well in your area?

Interesting - did Octopath Traveler and Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive get 3 centsed as well in your area?
Octopus traveling went out of stock quickly once it hit 5-10 in my area. Luckily I got one. Xenoblade never dropped and is still 50. Ended up buying it for that price since I was worried it would go out of stock before it dropped. Made that mistake with the original and the 2nd game and torna.

Need for speed, ni no kuni, dk tf and a few others all dropped to 10 and I managed to get need for speed. Ni no kuni showed in stock but wasn't, tf wasn't in stock in 100 miles. Oh I also got smash and majora's mask for 5 and yokai watch 2 for 1$.

Ocarina of time and Mario 3dland both were 5 for others but mine were still full priced.

Only other one I can think of was ffxhd which was 10 or 15. Sadly none that price in my area besides the stores that are not in stock.

Well my other copy of "Pokemon Explorers of Sky" showed up this morning and it was "Explorers of Time" in a plastic clamshell that had an Explorers of Sky label 🙃
That sucks, months ago a local store showed sky in stock near me and it actually was time as well. But sounds like you actually got at least one copy of sky? Very surprised that came back in stock online, nice find!

Damn, looks like I just missed a trade in deal where they gave an extra $5 per game? Ugh, anyone know how often they do deals like that, and where do you find out? I have a stack of games I've been meaning to trade in but the $5 extra would be the difference between it being worth it or not for a lot of them.

Damn, looks like I just missed a trade in deal where they gave an extra $5 per game? Ugh, anyone know how often they do deals like that, and where do you find out? I have a stack of games I've been meaning to trade in but the $5 extra would be the difference between it being worth it or not for a lot of them.
From what I understand the trade values tanked significantly during the 5$ promo to the point that people preferred the 30% trade in towards a preorder promo over it.

I noticed something pretty dumb this morning. So we've seen that OOS items don't show up in general search page recently. But, if you try to search for a trade on a item that is OOS, it won't show up either lol. GameStop is hilarious.

limited

few copies of saviors of sapphire wings in stock if you dont mind a gutted copy
Why pick it up for retail price from gamestop when you could get it somewhere else assuming it isn't out of stock anywhere? oos at best buy but still in stock at amazon after a quick search. If the 10$ coupon was active and or you have trade credit that would make sense I guess.

youre not wrong but it was out of stockin most places a little while ago and triggers the 30% promo

I took advantage of the $5 extra a bit with some boomerangs. I found some games that were on the Buy 5 get 50% off $19.99 or Less deal that were trading in for $5 or $7 base and out of those I kept the one game I wanted out of the 5 I bought and saved a bit on it while getting points.

Anyone know if $10 pur coupons get refunded if you return a game? Or even the $5 monthly ones?
I did it with the $5 monthly coupon a couple months ago. Ordered something for in store pickup but accidentally used the wrong store. Called customer service to cancel and they gave me the certificate back in points. Pretty sure I've done it with regular reward certs too but that was a long time ago.

Got a Switch game today and the generic cases now say "Certified Pre-owned. Cleaned, tested, guaranteed."

LOL

They tested it... tested it to see if it fit in the generic case.
Great success!!!
Oh and they also used their shirt to clean the pins and scratch the discs, also a win!

Well I got cash back instead of trade credit (because I used coupons and trade credit???) and didn't get my $10 pur back.

Did chat with GS online afterwards and they said they'd give me a 1 time refund of the points. So I guess it doesn't hurt to ask...(edit..points refunded).

After struggling trying to get last week's 30% promo to work and failing, decided to order Wonderful 101, 13 Sentinels, and Persona 5 Royal new anyway.

Both P5 and W101 were shipped "new" in paper sleeves and 13 Sentinels hasn't even been picked up yet.

Expedited shipping? Don't think so.

Just got a $30 off pre-owned game coupon for making a purchase during the spring sale. Didn't know this was a thing.
Yeah it was a $10, $20, or $30 depending on how much in pre-owned games you bought. I think there may have been one for collectibles too. I haven't received mine for my pre-owned games though

After struggling trying to get last week's 30% promo to work and failing, decided to order Wonderful 101, 13 Sentinels, and Persona 5 Royal new anyway.

Both P5 and W101 were shipped "new" in paper sleeves and 13 Sentinels hasn't even been picked up yet.

Expedited shipping? Don't think so.
I've had very bad gamestop luck from that sale too. All my "new" games haven't been new so far and all the used have come in generic cases. One even just came in a sleeve like you described. I honestly haven't shopped with gamestop in awhile so this is reminding me why I stopped. I honestly think when they ship items from stores they pick the worst looking copies and that way when they sell stuff in person they have the items that look the best.

Deal of the day is Buy 3 Get 2 Xbox One games

rOR5IK3.png

might have to call, gotta love it

Anyone know the base TIV for Dirt 5 on XBox? Doesn't show on desktop site. Thanks in advance,
Don’t believe that there is one or the site hasn’t been updated. On all platforms the only option for the game is New, and the preowned option is not even available for either platform.

I hope this Chewy guy can turn GameStop’s website around because their current product manager is fucking stupid. Just so many bad decisions.

Anyone else preorder the Eddie Guerrero gamestop exclusive funko pop? I'm still waiting on mine to ship, it's been at "awaiting item availability" all week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back