2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please note, the $5-$9 value range... you might hold for the $5 boost on $5+ whenever that may happen again.

Also I traded two games in recently during the unannounced boost plus the 30% and got 32.50, but would only get $25 during this 50%

In the past, it seemed a trade promo like this would have coincided with a stealth bump weekend. Not sure if it’s just bad timing or GS is wising up. Don’t know if we will see a flipapalooza again like in yesteryears past.

In the past, it seemed a trade promo like this would have coincided with a stealth bump weekend. Not sure if it’s just bad timing or GS is wising up. Don’t know if we will see a flipapalooza again like in yesteryears past.
They need inventory now more than ever too. It's like they hate actually selling things and only exist as a front for money laundering.

They need inventory now more than ever too. It's like they hate actually selling things and only exist as a front for money laundering.
There is no point to increase inventory when their current goal is to reduce their physical footprint so they can reduce their expenses.

Sooooo the DotD is B3G2 PS4 games but it looks like the tiered giftcard automatically being added to cart is cancelling it out and can't be removed. Did anyone figure out a work around for this before?

Sooooo the DotD is B3G2 PS4 games but it looks like the tiered giftcard automatically being added to cart is cancelling it out and can't be removed. Did anyone figure out a work around for this before?
Promo doesn't appear to be active looking at promo data. Hopefully they set the rank appropriately so the GC tiered promo doesn't interfere with 19.99+ games.

Any games about $30 that would be good for a future flip just to trigger then 30% off? Ideally for the switch right now.
Many of the $30 new / $28 used games will get $10 base. If the value holds you can get $16 back from the one you get with the 50% bonus that is supposed to come up. Were you looking to get 30% off a $55 game? I'd imagine you could just return the new game, but too much of that could get you flagged.

Many of the $30 new / $28 used games will get $10 base. If the value holds you can get $16 back from the one you get with the 50% bonus that is supposed to come up. Were you looking to get 30% off a $55 game? I'd imagine you could just return the new game, but too much of that could get you flagged.
Its $55 used and I just need the $30 filler, but I've bought most games I would've normally picked up. I believe if I did return the new game, they would deduct the price of the discount on the used one from it, unless things have changed?

Its $55 used and I just need the $30 filler, but I've bought most games I would've normally picked up. I believe if I did return the new game, they would deduct the price of the discount on the used one from it, unless things have changed?
I've never actually done it so I don't know what would happen if you attempted to return the new game.

Edit: With regards to below, I wouldn't do this return often to get the 30% discount. I'd imagine you would be flagged eventually.

No, they must adhere to the dollar values on the packing slip or the receipt. So if the game was purchased for $30, you are getting $30 back if it says it on the receipt.

Three new games ordered and 3 open games received. I'm returning all three to my local GS. Let's see what they say...I dont even care anymore.

Any reason that makes them easier flips than others? I'd buy you a beer if I could.
Usually they move pretty quickly. I occasionally buy stuff and those games for the 30/50% off then resell those. I actually just sold resident evil tonight while I was at work.

I've never actually done it so I don't know what would happen if you attempted to return the new game.

Edit: With regards to below, I wouldn't do this return often to get the 30% discount. I'd imagine you would be flagged eventually.
Okay, so it'd work as a one time thing...I'll keep that in mind then. Thanks!

Hmm... any stuff worth a future flip with today's DOTD 4/$60? I see godeater 3 for switch might be good starting tomorrow w/ the 50% bump...

Hmm... any stuff worth a future flip with today's DOTD 4/$60? I see godeater 3 for switch might be good starting tomorrow w/ the 50% bump...
God Eater 3 for switch is $27.99 so it won't count towards the deal. Most games that are $24.99 seem to be trading in for $7-8 so even flipping with the 50% bonus wouldn't be worth it. Maybe if you wanted to convert some credit to cash you could buy 4 popular games and sell for $15 each on Offer Up and get 1:1 credit to cash.

God Eater 3 for switch is $27.99 so it won't count towards the deal. Most games that are $24.99 seem to be trading in for $7-8 so even flipping with the 50% bonus wouldn't be worth it. Maybe if you wanted to convert some credit to cash you could buy 4 popular games and sell for $15 each on Offer Up and get 1:1 credit to cash.
Ah crap... you're right... I was looking at the PS4's price and screwed myself over. Welp, guess nothing for me to do this time around. Thanks for clarifying

Looks like my first trade limit exceeded strike was a permanent one. Guessing an actual person looked at my trade in history vs purchase history and decided it wasn't in their best interest to allow me to continue. (traded in a few sets of games 20+ times is probably pretty shady looking)  :no: As far as I know I didn't violate any of the previously known rules (2k,500,4x over 30 days)... luckily I didn't have much stock left. 

Good luck with the upcoming +50% all, trade safe!  :dunce:

Looks like my first trade limit exceeded strike was a permanent one. Guessing an actual person looked at my trade in history vs purchase history and decided it wasn't in their best interest to allow me to continue. (traded in a few sets of games 20+ times is probably pretty shady looking) :no: As far as I know I didn't violate any of the previously known rules (2k,500,4x over 30 days)... luckily I didn't have much stock left.

Good luck with the upcoming +50% all, trade safe! :dunce:
I’d give it 90 days. I’m in the same boat except with 250 more games to unload.

I was looking back over my Pokémon game collection from ~2 years ago when I took advantage of the B1G1 and B2G1 sales, and realized I’m missing the manual and paperwork for Black version. I would buy the carts in-store back then and get the cases/manuals on EBay for $10-15. Seeing now that just the case and manuals sell for $40+ (CIB with game for Black V2 is $150+) is absolutely mind blowing. I feel like GameStop caused this supply/demand issue by throwing away everything but the carts, along with discontinuing the sale of DS games at B&M locations.

I guess I will stick with a missing manual!

gamestonk is desperate for used games nowadays because their stock has been plundered. don't give into their crappy trade in values. HODR
Kind of feel like if you didn't take advantage of the "50% off $29.99" or similar sales, you're screwed. Prices on games are awful, I haven't seen any good deals on pre-owned stuff in awhile, and in-store stock is atrocious.

Hope I'm wrong. Even game trades have been suckier than usual. This last bump only lasting 2 days was a real kick in the nuts.

I was looking back over my Pokémon game collection from ~2 years ago when I took advantage of the B1G1 and B2G1 sales, and realized I’m missing the manual and paperwork for Black version. I would buy the carts in-store back then and get the cases/manuals on EBay for $10-15. Seeing now that just the case and manuals sell for $40+ (CIB with game for Black V2 is $150+) is absolutely mind blowing. I feel like GameStop caused this supply/demand issue by throwing away everything but the carts, along with discontinuing the sale of DS games at B&M locations.

I guess I will stick with a missing manual!
Buy a blank case and just reprint the manual yourself?

Looks like my first trade limit exceeded strike was a permanent one. Guessing an actual person looked at my trade in history vs purchase history and decided it wasn't in their best interest to allow me to continue. (traded in a few sets of games 20+ times is probably pretty shady looking) :no: As far as I know I didn't violate any of the previously known rules (2k,500,4x over 30 days)... luckily I didn't have much stock left.

Did they told you it was permanent? Last time I got banned from trading but that went away after 90 days.

Kind of feel like if you didn't take advantage of the "50% off $29.99" or similar sales, you're screwed. Prices on games are awful, I haven't seen any good deals on pre-owned stuff in awhile, and in-store stock is atrocious.

Hope I'm wrong. Even game trades have been suckier than usual. This last bump only lasting 2 days was a real kick in the nuts.
Yeah, they haven't had one of those in a while unfortunately. Although, their used game prices don't make any sense. Why they are charging $55 for recent garbage that is worthless and only $70 for heartgold and soulsilver is beyond me. No wonder they don't have stock of anything good.

Did they told you it was permanent? Last time I got banned from trading but that went away after 90 days.
Well, it's only been 60 days, but when I escalated it up thru the store manager to the regional level see if I could get the restriction lifted, he said it was a permanent ban.. with no listed reason given. I guess I could try after 90 just for fun. :no:

I’d give it 90 days. I’m in the same boat except with 250 more games to unload.
Ouch, I guess Best Buy will still take my extra Mario Rabbids for $7 and Mario Sonic Olympics for $17 credit :beer:

Holy crap, they actually updated the trade page for the first time in like 6+ months. Looks like some things got a bump too, but only a dollar or so for those that I've checked.

EDIT: NVM about the bump lol. The first two things I checked were increased by a dollar, but everything else I've checked BARELY hits even half of what it would've got with the last bump, and thats including the 50%. This is bad lol. but maybe they'll do another bump in the A.M.
I am amazed, they even have fine print! So 50% more credit (60% with pro? 80% towards a pre-order?) or CSAC at the base trade value? 20% extra for retro controllers? Have fun all!

On the bright side, I might check out a couple Gamestops to see what chumps they convinced to part with their $100+ retro Pokemon games for $30 credit. I have been seeing quite a few more pre-owned systems (3DS, etc) at times - hoping to find that Gameboy Micro or Vita! :speaktothehand:

Well, it's only been 60 days, but when I escalated it up thru the store manager to the regional level see if I could get the restriction lifted, he said it was a permanent ban.. with no listed reason given. I guess I could try after 90 just for fun. :no:

Ouch, I guess Best Buy will still take my extra Mario Rabbids for $7 and Mario Sonic Olympics for $17 credit :beer:

I am amazed, they even have fine print! So 50% more credit (60% with pro? 80% towards a pre-order?) or CSAC at the base trade value? 20% extra for retro controllers? Have fun all!

On the bright side, I might check out a couple Gamestops to see what chumps they convinced to part with their $100+ retro Pokemon games for $30 credit. I have been seeing quite a few more pre-owned systems (3DS, etc) at times - hoping to find that Gameboy Micro or Vita! :speaktothehand:
I'm thinking it may be 60% with pro and I highly doubt the preorder bonuses would stack. Also, for the CSAC, for most places it's only on consoles. For example, if you look at the PS4 1TB Slim tradein value, it's now $150 credit or $150 cash - which I find nice. :) Although, maybe there are states that don't have the +50% on game software in which they do CSAC on the actual games too, not sure.

Same thing happened to me. I also got a cash refund for what was left of my elite pro account at the time. I'm still getting my physical Game Informer Magazine, though. I just trade on another account

Overall, they probably made money on me because I would buy a crap ton of used games that I would sell online. The store where I did 90% of my buying and trading closed within 6 months after they banned me (They threw a hissy fit when I canceled a $60 pre-order at the same time I paid off and picked up a $500 pre-order, so I complained and stopped going to that store)

Well, pretty much everything I want to trade in held or went up with one minor exception so here comes a lot of extra credit for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back