2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder if it's 50% more than the pro trade in value or the base trade in value.
When it's two percentage bonuses it doesn't matter which is applied first, it's always mathematically the same.

$10 +10% = $11 ; $11 +50% = $16.50
$10 +50% = $15 ; $15 +10% = $16.50

EDIT: Turns out they add the percentages together first... cuz that's most advantageous to them
50+10 = 60%
$10 +60% = $16

When it's two percentage bonuses it doesn't matter which is applied first, it's always mathematically the same.

Thanks. I was just curious if the 50% bonus would stack with the pro bonus but it sounds like it won’t.

The way GS has worked in the past is % are add first, then multiplied. So $10 * (1+10%+50%) = $16.00

I just trade on another account
My state pawn shop laws require an ID, so I believe both account + ID is banned. :???:

The way GS has worked in the past is % are add first, then multiplied. So $10 * (1+10%+50%) = $16.00

My state pawn shop laws require an ID, so I believe both account + ID is banned. :???:
That sucks. Mine is up to the municipalities. Some do and some don't for trade credit. I tried opening a new account in my name and it let me trade once before being banned again. I just trade on someone else's account, with their permission of course

There's a 20% trade-in bonus on controllers accessories...except it excludes PS4, Switch, and XB1 controllers.

wtf?

https://www.gamestop.com/trade/

(scroll down and then click more details, though I'm sure you all know that).

Also, I need to trade-in Tony Hawk 1&2 and Miles Morales on PS4.  I guess I'll see if the stores are starting the 50% promo.

Well, it's only been 60 days, but when I escalated it up thru the store manager to the regional level see if I could get the restriction lifted, he said it was a permanent ban.. with no listed reason given. I guess I could try after 90 just for fun. :no:

Ouch, I guess Best Buy will still take my extra Mario Rabbids for $7 and Mario Sonic Olympics for $17 credit :beer:

I am amazed, they even have fine print! So 50% more credit (60% with pro? 80% towards a pre-order?) or CSAC at the base trade value? 20% extra for retro controllers? Have fun all!

On the bright side, I might check out a couple Gamestops to see what chumps they convinced to part with their $100+ retro Pokemon games for $30 credit. I have been seeing quite a few more pre-owned systems (3DS, etc) at times - hoping to find that Gameboy Micro or Vita! :speaktothehand:
Ouch, I think you might have shot yourself in the foot by escalating it up. But who knows, maybe it will go away after 90 days or when that Chewy guy start the change to gamestop online infrastructure.

Most high value Switch games bombed in trade value down to $22 base. Even with the 50% bonus on top of Pro, that's $35.20 in credit. Better off waiting for a bump and getting the extra 20% from reserving on top of Pro to get $39 in credit on a $30 base.

There's a 20% trade-in bonus on controllers accessories...except it excludes PS4, Switch, and XB1 controllers.

wtf?

https://www.gamestop.com/trade/

(scroll down and then click more details, though I'm sure you all know that).

Also, I need to trade-in Tony Hawk 1&2 and Miles Morales on PS4. I guess I'll see if the stores are starting the 50% promo.
So its pretty just for PS5 and Series X/S controllers? lol

I'll have to double check the values but I found a few good ones. Prices with pur on top of 50%:

Mario 64 ds: 19.20
New super mario ds: 19.20
Mario party 8 wii: 32
Mario kart ds: 16
Wii sports resort: 24
Twilight princess wii: 19.20
Mario galaxy: 19.20
Mario kart wii: 32
New Super Mario Wii: 24
Black Ops II 360: 19.20

Anyone find any other good values?

Monster Hunter Pro Controllers seem to be in stock in all the stores around me (plus no tax with trade credit!). Doesn't show up on the website for in-store pickup or anything, but not a bad way to blow $50 cert. :dunce:

So its pretty just for PS5 and Series X/S controllers? lol
The store I asked doesn't even take in 360, PS3 or Wii accessories anymore, so very narrow promo!

That sucks. Mine is up to the municipalities. Some do and some don't for trade credit. I tried opening a new account in my name and it let me trade once before being banned again. I just trade on someone else's account, with their permission of course
My homestore SL is cool enough to say he'd let me trade in on a dummy account, but 1 store really limits the shenanigans. :???:

Ouch, I think you might have shot yourself in the foot by escalating it up. But who knows, maybe it will go away after 90 days or when that Chewy guy start the change to gamestop online infrastructure.
Yea, that is the feeling I got too. Escalating got more eyes = more smack. :oldman:

I'm surprised ppl even bother dealing with trades and GS anymore. The gravy train has been rolling off a cliff for a while now, and while there's been some positive news for the company, it's impossible to see how exactly it stays relevant even in the 1-2 years ahead.

Preowned stock in my area is dried up, and there seems to be zero interest in replenishing any of it. And well, let's be honest, why would GS want more of it anyways.

I'm surprised ppl even bother dealing with trades and GS anymore. The gravy train has been rolling off a cliff for a while now, and while there's been some positive news for the company, it's impossible to see how exactly it stays relevant even in the 1-2 years ahead.

Preowned stock in my area is dried up, and there seems to be zero interest in replenishing any of it. And well, let's be honest, why would GS want more of it anyways.
What else are they going to sell? The only reason I go into a GS these days is to cash out my $5 monthly for XB credit. I usually take a lap and it's always the same junk. Plus even if they have new games in stock, why bother since I can walk across the parking lot to Walmart and get it $7 or $8 cheaper...and more new (sealed) stock to choose from...

I think you're right about the 1-2 year mark, seems like they are already not relevant in my area and I figure they will hobble along a couple more years closing stores and whatnot.

What else are they going to sell? The only reason I go into a GS these days is to cash out my $5 monthly for XB credit. I usually take a lap and it's always the same junk. Plus even if they have new games in stock, why bother since I can walk across the parking lot to Walmart and get it $7 or $8 cheaper...and more new (sealed) stock to choose from...

I think you're right about the 1-2 year mark, seems like they are already not relevant in my area and I figure they will hobble along a couple more years closing stores and whatnot.
I go in for my $5 monthly credit as well. I lost interest when B&M stopped carrying DS games and most of the 3DS stuff...it’s pretty bare bones now.

Someone in my apartment complex randomly threw away a wii with wii sports, mario kart, new super mario bros, doney kong in the dumpster. Guess this 50% is gonna make me the easiest free credit in my life lmao.

Does GS stores even take Wii games anymore?    All of the stores I've been to don't carry them.  But I've got an extra Mario Galaxy and Mario Bros Wii I'd like to get rid of.

Someone in my apartment complex randomly threw away a wii with wii sports, mario kart, new super mario bros, doney kong in the dumpster. Guess this 50% is gonna make me the easiest free credit in my life lmao.
Too bad you're now known as the guy who goes through his apartment complex's dumpster looking for shit to trade into Gamestop.

Does GS stores even take Wii games anymore? All of the stores I've been to don't carry them. But I've got an extra Mario Galaxy and Mario Bros Wii I'd like to get rid of.
I did trade in Wii Sports and Mario Galaxy last week. If the website has a trade value for it and not $.01, then you should be able to trade it in. If the store wants to act like they don't, don't push it. Go to a different store.

Does GS stores even take Wii games anymore? All of the stores I've been to don't carry them. But I've got an extra Mario Galaxy and Mario Bros Wii I'd like to get rid of.
They do, only the ones with trade values on the website they will take though. I checked and both of those are on there so you should be good. I think stores just send them all to the warehouse to sell online because my store doesn't have wii games either.

Too bad you're now known as the guy who goes through his apartment complex's dumpster looking for shit to trade into Gamestop.
NK8Dmq3.gif

Fine by me. When its on top of everything of course im gonna take it. Also whats wrong with dumpster diving? freegans save tons of good food or media from being tossed.

For some reason I have 3 Wii sports games. I think only two covers though. They all look pretty scratched up but work. Will GameStop take my extras? Trade-in value is pretty high and I can't see selling them on offer up or Craigslist for that much.

For some reason I have 3 Wii sports games. I think only two covers though. They all look pretty scratched up but work. Will GameStop take my extras? Trade-in value is pretty high and I can't see selling them on offer up or Craigslist for that much.
You could try. I had some GameCube games in not the best condition, though they worked, and they took them and said something about they have to refurb retro trades anyway. The receipt I got said "$0 refurb fee".

You should be able to sell them locally for $20 or so. I use facebook marketplace.

You could try. I had some GameCube games in not the best condition, though they worked, and they took them and said something about they have to refurb retro trades anyway. The receipt I got said "$0 refurb fee".
Refurb on retro means it is their alert to send to warehouse.

This is gamestop...has anyone tried trading and can confirm it's PUR + 50% or if it maxes out at +50%?
Traded in Kingdoms of Amalur PS4 today. Was $10 base got $16. Looks like you get 50% base + 10% base for pro therefore 60% of base extra, which works out to a little less than pro value x 50%. Also traded Mario Galaxy Wii disc only, but Wii games and older may be Ymmv, but all my stores in NY seem to take anything than has a TIV of more than .01

Traded in the Mario kart Wii (bought on eBay for $10) for $32 GameStop credit and also cashed in my monthly $5 for Xbox credit. Not bad. Now just waiting on a special edition Series X or new Switch model.

They took Mario Galaxy & Mario Bros Wii for $43.40.   Along with a few 3DS & cheap XB1 games traded in, I was able to get Poison Control on PS4(forgot that came out this week) & Valkyria Chronicles 4 on XB1 and only had to pay a few dollars for them.   

They told me they usually keep the Mario games in store.  Because they typically sell them by the end of the day, due to how in demand they are right now.

Is GameStop not selling Xbox 360s anymore? I've been checking on and off for months now and they are always unavailable. I'm just looking to get a cheap backup unit in case I ever run into any issues with my 360 down the line.

Is GameStop not selling Xbox 360s anymore? I've been checking on and off for months now and they are always unavailable. I'm just looking to get a cheap backup unit in case I ever run into any issues with my 360 down the line.
I was just at GameStop today and overheard the associate. He told a customer that GameStop stopped taking in ps3 and 360 hardware due to the pandemic so their inventory is low. They plan on accepting this hardware again in the near future once things ease up from Covid... I'm not sure how true this is but that's what I heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back