2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like the ad shows a Pro-Day this Saturday... hopefully a B2G1 everything or 50% some stuff... :nottalking:

I was just at GameStop today and overheard the associate. He told a customer that GameStop stopped taking in ps3 and 360 hardware due to the pandemic so their inventory is low. They plan on accepting this hardware again in the near future once things ease up from Covid... I'm not sure how true this is but that's what I heard.
Some stores seem to go by different rules for trade-in consoles. One store had a few 2DS/3DS in stock pre-owned (nothing cool), but others said they had some on traded in - but weren't allowed to put them out on the floor and were forced to send them all back to the warehouse for refurbishment. Haven't heard about them accepting PS3s/360s/Wii, but I really hope they do start taking *ALL* retro back in and maybe someday listing loose/CIB/New - unless they feel doing all digital is going to help them survive... :roll:

Most of my stores are starting to setup kiosks for PCs/Laptops. Next will be Warhammer tables!

For some reason I have 3 Wii sports games. I think only two covers though. They all look pretty scratched up but work. Will GameStop take my extras? Trade-in value is pretty high and I can't see selling them on offer up or Craigslist for that much.
Yep, they should take anything disc only as long as it isn't cracked is what I've found. I stocked up on a few sets of all the Wii games Amazon used to take in with good TIVs (Sports, Resort, Kart, Brawl, Party, DKCR, New Bros, Galaxies, Zeldas, etc) But think it's probably time to give up on that flip and liquidate back in least complete / most scratched at a time. One set for the shelf of course! Eventually I'll just be left with a stack of Guitar Heroes no one wants :whee:

Something is up with GameStop right now, or the game lost sphear is one of the buggiest ever for their inventory control systems and packers.  I think it’s going to be a rare game, which, well it sounds average to good, not great, it’s chronotrigger influence is enough for me.  I first tried to buy it for switch, got an empty case.  Since that sold out, have been through 3 copies trying to get it complete for PS4, of which another was an empty case.  That’s ridiculous.  I hadn’t been too active a GameStop customer in the past, but bought tons during these 50% off sales, trying to get complete copies.  While some came terrible condition, I think this is the first time ever a game has been completely missing for me, and it’s now twice within a few weeks!  I’ve been buying the game while it says “1 copy left” online, so maybe that is part of the issue, but I’ve done that plenty of times before.  Cancel and refund I’m used to, but just sending empty cases is a new low, which seems to be ok policy for them now?  I don’t want to deal with this again, know too many returns and especially claims risks a ban, which it sounds like they are having a party with right now.  But check your freakin cases GameStop, can’t mess up much worse than that in our transaction.

My guess, if chewy guy is shaking things up, people maybe concerned they will lose their jobs are caring even less than usual.

I first tried to buy it for switch, got an empty case. Since that sold out, have been through 3 copies trying to get it complete for PS4, of which another was an empty case. That’s ridiculous.
I order mainly jrpg titles, though not that particular game. I just think quality control from items shipped out of store is at an all time low. 50% of my orders out of stores have major problems or omissions. 90% of new/gutted games from stores don't get resealed and arrive ineligible for return. This, added to the facts that they're keeping accessible inventory mostly online and their always-abysmal customer service line.. just makes me not want to buy from them at all.

Something is up with GameStop right now, or the game lost sphear is one of the buggiest ever for their inventory control systems and packers. I think it’s going to be a rare game, which, well it sounds average to good, not great, it’s chronotrigger influence is enough for me. I first tried to buy it for switch, got an empty case. Since that sold out, have been through 3 copies trying to get it complete for PS4, of which another was an empty case. That’s ridiculous. I hadn’t been too active a GameStop customer in the past, but bought tons during these 50% off sales, trying to get complete copies. While some came terrible condition, I think this is the first time ever a game has been completely missing for me, and it’s now twice within a few weeks! I’ve been buying the game while it says “1 copy left” online, so maybe that is part of the issue, but I’ve done that plenty of times before. Cancel and refund I’m used to, but just sending empty cases is a new low, which seems to be ok policy for them now? I don’t want to deal with this again, know too many returns and especially claims risks a ban, which it sounds like they are having a party with right now. But check your freakin cases GameStop, can’t mess up much worse than that in our transaction.

My guess, if chewy guy is shaking things up, people maybe concerned they will lose their jobs are caring even less than usual.
I picked up Lost Sphear on Amazon Japan a while ago. The Japanese version is in English and is very cheap. Checking Amazon Japan, the PS4 version is going for 1,096 yen New (sold from Amazon) & the Switch version is going for 2,200 yen New (sold from Amazon). Even with shipping costs, you will finally get your game & for way cheaper than the $49.99 pre-owned price from Gamestop (unless you just have the credit to burn).

I picked up Lost Sphear on Amazon Japan a while ago. The Japanese version is in English and is very cheap. Checking Amazon Japan, the PS4 version is going for 1,096 yen New (sold from Amazon) & the Switch version is going for 2,200 yen New (sold from Amazon). Even with shipping costs, you will finally get your game & for way cheaper than the $49.99 pre-owned price from Gamestop (unless you just have the credit to burn).
Thanks, great tip and a huge price difference. i just always buy US region though. If I had known it would be this much of a hassle and result in me having to make two missing game claims, I would have passed, but too late now. I do have the PS4 version of the game now and used coupons to get it, so that’s not an issue anymore though.

Good to know. Thank you ☺️

There wasn't really even a bump. Regardless, everyone knows that values have ALWAYS ended on Sunday. /s

Love the same question being asked every weekend even when there isn't even a bump lol
sorry dude for asking a repetitive question and I appreciate the feedback, thanks!

Anyone have a list of upcoming G2L games? Is Nier Replicant on there? i saw that it was getting the $10 Game Coin in this week's add but no mention of any G2L games.

Dumb tip of the day: if you have something on your HAD or HAVE list, you can move it to your WANT list. (for anyone that used to use the wishlist to check stock status)

Side-thought: Hope this 50% promo can help us figure out if there truly are new trade-in limits... something like limit 1 copy per rolling 365 days should be easy to figure out I'd think  :whistle2:k

Side-thought: Hope this 50% promo can help us figure out if there truly are new trade-in limits... something like limit 1 copy per rolling 365 days should be easy to figure out I'd think :whistle2:k
Has anything been rumored or speculated? I’ve got about 6 copies of Wii sports from yardsaling I’m looking to cash out on and tbh, I’m ready to take the soft trade ban because it’s been over a year since their last 50% promo and who knows when their next one will be.

Also, do they still do end of the month credit bumps? Not quite sure which day that’ll fall on since the last day is a Friday.

Side-thought: Hope this 50% promo can help us figure out if there truly are new trade-in limits... something like limit 1 copy per rolling 365 days should be easy to figure out I'd think :whistle2:k
well i can confirm that this isnt true, unless its an audit-based system. i traded in yesterday and ive traded in 2 copies of a few games several times this year on same account. including the first day of the extra 50%

I'll have to double check the values but I found a few good ones. Prices with pur on top of 50%:

Mario 64 ds: 19.20
New super mario ds: 19.20
Mario party 8 wii: 32
Mario kart ds: 16
Wii sports resort: 24
Twilight princess wii: 19.20
Mario galaxy: 19.20
Mario kart wii: 32
New Super Mario Wii: 24
Black Ops II 360: 19.20

Anyone find any other good values?
Nice TIV! Going to trade all the games I got below at Goodwill this past year for a pre-owned Switch lite tomorrow.

IMG-0408.jpg

Man definitely jealous of those goodwill finds been trying to re buy Pandora’s tower and last story or a decent price for a while now with no luck

Has anything been rumored or speculated? I’ve got about 6 copies of Wii sports from yardsaling I’m looking to cash out on and tbh, I’m ready to take the soft trade ban because it’s been over a year since their last 50% promo and who knows when their next one will be.

Also, do they still do end of the month credit bumps? Not quite sure which day that’ll fall on since the last day is a Friday.
They do seem to have bumps at least once a month, but don't think the Wii/360/PS3 really get any meaningful bumps unless the pre-owned price ticks up again. (I bet Wii Sports will be $199 pre-owned by the time kids of the mid 2000s hit the nursing homes... with The Office on loop) :shock:

well i can confirm that this isnt true, unless its an audit-based system. i traded in yesterday and ive traded in 2 copies of a few games several times this year on same account. including the first day of the extra 50%
Thanks for the data point!

Nice TIV! Going to trade all the games I got below at Goodwill this past year for a pre-owned Switch lite tomorrow.
Wow nice finds. If you really must trade in to GS do disc only. Eventually you may want to start a collection of your own and loose discs are way easier to find for cheap. Or sell for actual money if you are so motivated. CIB = premium! Personally, I'd just hold until they hit the moon :cold:

Gotta say I am jealous of your goodwill.
Yep, mine only put the good stuff on their auction site. :oldman: Except Kinect Adventures, plenty of those!

IMG-0408.jpg
I feel like this may be a troll but I'm going to respond seriously anyway. Perhaps it's just naivete.

As said previously, this is a bad idea. Price charting has these at over $600 assuming they're complete. Even if you sell them at 50% of that on Marketplace you'll clear $300. The Gamecube games alone are over $300 and Pandora's is a $60-$100 game depending.

How many online returns/exchanges can you do without getting banned?  I have ordered a lot of 4 for 20 games recently across multiple orders and several don't work.  I think I've done 2 exchanges this year and will probably need another 3-4 due to them sending me scratched up games that give disc read errors.  Will I be banned?

im starting to think its deliberate too now
keep receiving shovelware or empty packages instead of the game i order

How many online returns/exchanges can you do without getting banned? I have ordered a lot of 4 for 20 games recently across multiple orders and several don't work. I think I've done 2 exchanges this year and will probably need another 3-4 due to them sending me scratched up games that give disc read errors. Will I be banned?
Don't worry about it.

How many online returns/exchanges can you do without getting banned? I have ordered a lot of 4 for 20 games recently across multiple orders and several don't work. I think I've done 2 exchanges this year and will probably need another 3-4 due to them sending me scratched up games that give disc read errors. Will I be banned?
Yeah, you are fine. I think GameStop bans are mostly related to trades. Unless you are returning every single thing you buy, even if you only kept like 50% of it, they should still never be in a position of losing money overall. Trades that’s a possibility for them. I think as long as they are not losing money overall and you aren’t stealing or committing return fraud, they wouldn’t have any reason to ban you other than an associate feeling the need to get personally involved out of concern, annoyance or spite. They can’t be in the pre-owned with no description and pretty much no verification of condition business, plus selling opened display copies as new without expecting a large amount of returns.

Trades have specific numbers that cause bans, returns probably don’t? Has anyone ever been banned for anything other than winning too much with trades?

Yeah, you are fine. I think GameStop bans are mostly related to trades. Unless you are returning every single thing you buy, even if you only kept like 50% of it, they should still never be in a position of losing money overall. Trades that’s a possibility for them. I think as long as they are not losing money overall and you aren’t stealing or committing return fraud, they wouldn’t have any reason to ban you other than annoyance or spite. They can’t be in the pre-owned with no description and pretty much no verification of condition business, plus selling opened display copies as new without expecting a large amount of returns.

Trades have specific numbers that cause bans, returns probably don’t? Has anyone ever been banned for anything other than winning too much with trades?
Wasn't there someone in here that was an asshole to the employees and that got him banned?

Hmmm, FYI I'm seeing a "FREE SAME DAY DELIVERY ON ORDERS OVER $25" banner at the top of the site (if no one's pointed that out yet already)

Yeah, you are fine. I think GameStop bans are mostly related to trades. Unless you are returning every single thing you buy, even if you only kept like 50% of it, they should still never be in a position of losing money overall. Trades that’s a possibility for them. I think as long as they are not losing money overall and you aren’t stealing or committing return fraud, they wouldn’t have any reason to ban you other than an associate feeling the need to get personally involved out of concern, annoyance or spite. They can’t be in the pre-owned with no description and pretty much no verification of condition business, plus selling opened display copies as new without expecting a large amount of returns.

When they actually had retro stuff I bought a bunch of games and had several wtf moments including a ps1 disc split like pac man. I returned hundreds of dollars worth of junk/defective stuff and did not have any issues. Eventually I got sick of the random condition lottery and stopped ordering retro stuff. I did get a copy of Xenogears in okay shape with case, cover art (with a little moisture damage) for $10 so there were some wins that kept me playing longer than I should have.

A few random returns should not cause any red flags, that said there seem to be unexplained bans going around so who knows.

Thanks for the quick response.

I also meant to ask how long its supposed to run until as not sure I'll be able to head to my Gamestop today

When they actually had retro stuff I bought a bunch of games and had several wtf moments including a ps1 disc split like pac man. I returned hundreds of dollars worth of junk/defective stuff and did not have any issues. Eventually I got sick of the random condition lottery and stopped ordering retro stuff. I did get a copy of Xenogears in okay shape with case, cover art (with a little moisture damage) for $10 so there were some wins that kept me playing longer than I should have.

A few random returns should not cause any red flags, that said there seem to be unexplained bans going around so who knows.
Yeah, this last year I was doing similar. I would have liked retro, but kept it to stuff that had a reasonable chance to come complete. During their 50% off sales, got mostly ps4 and switch games for really good prices. I had previously avoided GameStop because I wanted stuff decent condition and complete, but my first orders went surprisingly well, so I got sucked into “completing” a collection I’ll never play once I got started. Seeing stock dwindle, felt like a now or never kind of thing. Limited run FOMO mindset BS finally caught up to me I guess. I’m still happy with what I got overall, and it was discount price FOMO instead of inflated price FOMO at least, but was a pain with all the returns. Not ideal for GameStop or the cashiers that started to recognize me I’m sure, but they made a good profit still.

I ended up having to get 1-3 copies of most things. I would return the incomplete copies and try again, I have no idea how many, probably 50-100 returns overall. I haven’t gotten much for months, I’m pretty done, but decided to try one more game last week. That has been a nightmare, sent me empty case twice. There were a few comments from stores that make me think there are probably some kind of notes or flag on my account, just from so many returns, not thrilled about adding two missing game claims to that now as well. No ban or anything other than a few offhand comments to make me think that though.

i’ve been doing more returns with Amazon and other retailers as well recently. If they don’t want to pack items anymore, fine, I get it’s all about efficiency now, but it’s going back if it arrives beat up or not as described. Amazon warehouse tries to list condition descriptions, but they are a complete joke. I received a book “like new” with no imperfections noted, literally ripped in half along the binding, a pile of loose pages stuck in a plastic bag with an “inspected by Amazon” sticker. If GameStop tries a condition rating system, I imagine it would be similar. If Chewy customer service is as good as they say, and that can be applied to GameStop, that would be nice, but we gotta pay for it...and the only reason I shopped at GameStop was the good prices, so will see how that works out. Though based on my recent experience, GameStop has seriously gone downhill since my big orders months ago.

Stupid question time from a trade in rookie: Do the prices quoted on the trade in page of Gamestop.com reflect the 50% bonus?  Or when I get to the store is it a 50% bonus on top of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back