2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any commonly "Available for pickup" $5 item suggestions ( even toys / shirts / hats ) to consume the online $5 monthly cert on? (already used in-store) Didn't find anything I wanted to actually buy online this month and digital currency doesn't seem to qualify in cart... I don't really want to pickup a copy of The Division, even if it's free. :oldman:
XBox or Nintendo credit as they can print a $5 code on your receipt.

Edit: You have to go into a store to use the coupon, you can't use it on a website order.

Depends how you feel about the games. I realized I had bought so many games last year through GS/other means that it actually completely ruined my interest in playing video games, especially since I have Gamepass because I had so many options. I've been in the process of selling/trading in the ones I have played/are far down my list to play and it feels much better not being weighted down having so many options.
There are a few games I feel like I won't get to anytime soon or have had for a while and still haven't played yet. I'll take a look at everything I have and go from there. Chances are I'll have a decent handful of games I want to trade.

Edit: Scratch the above, I just don't have it in me to trade games right now.

I just got an update from fed ex of a package that was picked up and will be delivered on wednesday. it was from march 29th and i already got a replacement for 1 of the games and a refund for the other. will be interesting to see what shows up.

Sometimes they drop in anticipation of a small bump.  For instance a game might drop from $7 to $5 and then get SB to $8.  

Then again sometimes they just drop. 

I found a pretty scratched up copy of Wii sports resort at the thrift store for a $1.75. Think they will take it for trade in? I’m guessing they will just send it away to get refurbished.

I found a pretty scratched up copy of Wii sports resort at the thrift store for a $1.75. Think they will take it for trade in? I’m guessing they will just send it away to get refurbished.
You'll get hit with refurb fee unless employee doesn't care enough and will bypass the deduction

Refurb fee is like $5 I think. So you are still getting good money for it. But if you have multiple Gamestops in your area and plan on going to more than 1 for other reasons, so reason to accept the offer from the first store.

You'll probably get charged a refurb fee. If the game has any real value, I take those to a local shop to get them resurfaced at 4 for $10. I also feel good knowing that the disc was resurfaced properly and wasn't ruined by Gamestop's machines

Guess I found something to spend my $5 monthly cert online for - Looks like GS has restocked on some 2DS/3DS consoles - the coolest ones seem to be OOS already by the time I randomly checked my wishlist - but as of this post pokeball, triforce,  black zelda, monster hunter, pikachu, sun&moon, x&y were available. Prices higher by $5-$10... but you can't really blame GS for the bump at this point.  :oldman:

(I didnt buy these, just wanted to see how fast they would sell out)

H5hQs3l.png

edit: it seems most of the stock was cleared out - looks like they are having a bunch of these tradins sent back to the warehouse as mentioned when I asked in-store, so I'm sure there will be more restocks if they have more good promos. 

Thanks just ordered one. Worried it might arrive in bad shape, is it easy to return it to any gamestop store?

Guess I found something to spend my $5 monthly cert online for - Looks like GS has restocked on some 2DS/3DS consoles - the coolest ones seem to be OOS already by the time I randomly checked my wishlist - but as of this post pokeball, triforce, black zelda, monster hunter, pikachu, sun&moon, x&y were available. Prices higher by $5-$10... but you can't really blame GS for the bump at this point. :oldman:

H5hQs3l.png

edit: it seems most of the stock was cleared out - looks like they are having a bunch of these tradins sent back to the warehouse as mentioned when I asked in-store, so I'm sure there will be more restocks if they have more good promos.

Cool thanks dudes.  I took Wii Sports Resort in and did indeed get hit with that $5 refurb fee, but that's alright I still got some decent trade in credit for it.

A new copy of Rune Factory 4.

I called CS and talked to a rep right away for a refund. No queue for a rep is nice.
I remember waiting for my refund; it never showed, but the game I called for a refund was magically found and shipped 3 days after I made that call. At the end of the day, I didnt get a refund, but I did get my game. I sure hope you get your refund since you didnt even get a game from your already delivered package.

Guess I found something to spend my $5 monthly cert online for - Looks like GS has restocked on some 2DS/3DS consoles - the coolest ones seem to be OOS already by the time I randomly checked my wishlist - but as of this post pokeball, triforce, black zelda, monster hunter, pikachu, sun&moon, x&y were available. Prices higher by $5-$10... but you can't really blame GS for the bump at this point. :oldman:

So nuts what 3DS consoles are going for now. 3 years ago, it took me weeks to sell my extra Pokemon New 3DS console for $170. Now its selling for $500+

So nuts what 3DS consoles are going for now. 3 years ago, it took me weeks to sell my extra Pokemon New 3DS console for $170. Now its selling for $500+
I was at 2nd & Charles bookstore last weekend, and they had a Pokémon White V2 CIB for $175. A couple years ago when GS still had DS games in store, you could find multiples of those games just sitting in the case. Now a 3DS and White V2 are the same price or more as a Series X or PS5.

At this point, I wouldn’t overpay for any console. I imagine that once quarantine loosens up nationally/globally that prices will drop and it’ll be a buyers market again.

prices might retrace slightly but i dont see a discontinued console dropping like a rock
especially one whos games remain largely unported and has a library of nearly 2 decades

That probably matters more to less people that get to go outside again after a while, but i see your point. Just hope you’re wrong because I could use a backup.

At this point, I wouldn’t overpay for any console. I imagine that once quarantine loosens up nationally/globally that prices will drop and it’ll be a buyers market again.
Not for 2DS / 3DS though. It's discontinued and production has ended.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-54191058

Other than newer systems (PS5 and XSX), all previous gen discontinued items will likely continue to go up in price.

prices might retrace slightly but i dont see a discontinued console dropping like a rock
especially one whos games remain largely unported and has a library of nearly 2 decades
I agree with you, and it’s Nintendo. The Switch lacks virtual console, backwards compatibility, and is mostly a “locked” system. All of these things being true about the DS line makes it popular for the long term. More people, including myself, will be stashing extras away for themselves and kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back