2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is being price-matched? All of the online prices I see are $60, although Walmart didn't charge me sales tax on my pre-order presumably because it came with a hat (and clothing isn't taxed here)
I'll guess the process is dropping by walmart taking a picture, then showing them price in-app and in-store. I'm working from home now, and don't plan to try on my homestore pre-order. (they've been good to me!)

j7sddnS.png

Including a picture of the store shelf and price is ridiculous (if they are requiring that). If they are, one picture from Walmart will be shared and everyone will use it.

Nothing of note, but some games on gamestop.com are being pricematched from other sites like Amazon or Walmart. Most prices are just a few cents off, but a couple are like $5 or $10 off. Tekken 7 for PS4 is an example.

I know it’s not a GameStop thing but did anybody order the Pokémon Snap bundles they had with the hat/beanie and not get their hat/beanie? I ordered 2 of the hat bundles and received both of my games in one of those cardboard mailers with no hat. Wtf?

Some CAGers below did get some codes for G2L. Seems like the POS wasn't updated until after some stores opened on the East Coast.

PSA: Both Pokemon Snap and Returnal are not G2L. GameStop has hit a new low it seems. I placed the orders separately. Neither have codes on the receipts. I was confused and asked the store manager whether they were G2L and he said they were not. I pointed to the piece of paper taped to their counter and showed the heart symbol on Returnal (Pokemon Snap was no longer shown). He said that was weird and that he would help me out. I'm sorry for getting everyone's hopes up!

Silly question - what’s the difference between G2L and just returning? Less points?
G2L allows you try out the game for 48 hours and trade it in for FULL VALUE in store credit. You also get points for picking up and trading the game

Returning you get your money back but you also, lose points for the return

Is it normal for a shipped order to say awaiting carrier pickup 3 days after showing shipped?

Ordered Atelier Ryza 2 during the DOTD and it was supposed to arrive yesterday and now nothing

So is that a time to call support thing? Or just wait it out. Never had an issue with them shipping something before, and I ordered right as the deal went up
I would call just to be on the safe side. The one time I paid extra for fast shipping, it was stuck on label created for 2 weeks. After I called, they shipped it within a day.

PSA: Both Pokemon Snap and Returnal are not G2L. GameStop has hit a new low it seems. I placed the orders separately. Neither have codes on the receipts. I was confused and asked the store manager whether they were G2L and he said they were not. I pointed to the piece of paper taped to their counter and showed the heart symbol on Returnal (Pokemon Snap was no longer shown). He said that was weird and that he would help me out. I'm sorry for getting everyone's hopes up!
Picked up my copy of Returnal and it had the G2L code it’s
EBC 3066295

I know it’s not a GameStop thing but did anybody order the Pokémon Snap bundles they had with the hat/beanie and not get their hat/beanie? I ordered 2 of the hat bundles and received both of my games in one of those cardboard mailers with no hat. Wtf?
I got a separate email from Walmart explaining that the hat will apparently ship separately at some point.

Thank you for your recent Walmart.com order.

We know you’re anticipating the release of the New Pokémon Snap items listed in the order/s below. The game is still on track to release this Friday, April 30th, but we wanted to inform you that the Bonus Hat will ship separately. The bonus item is expected to start shipping on April 29th as our distributors work to process shipments as soon as possible. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused and appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Was able to price match Pokémon Snap for $49.94. Manager wasn't enthusiastic about doing it but after 5 minutes of walking her through Walmarts website she gave me the discount.

I'll guess the process is dropping by walmart taking a picture, then showing them price in-app and in-store. I'm working from home now, and don't plan to try on my homestore pre-order. (they've been good to me!)

j7sddnS.png
Seems like a lot of work to price match. If you have to go to the competitors store and take a picture... why not just buy it there. Yeah I know I know, to use trade credit or GC's or points, but even so that's a huge waste of time.

If this is really how GS is handling PM's, I guess I can't be too surprised since they're so anti-consumer.

Was able to price match Pokémon Snap for $49.94. Manager wasn't enthusiastic about doing it but after 5 minutes of walking her through Walmarts website she gave me the discount.
How did you get that price to show up on the website? Mine says not available for store pickup and the online price shows $59.88.

Returnal and Pokémon are confirmed G2L. GameStop updated their POS

Returnal
EBC-3066295

Pokémon Snap
EBC-3066279

Thank you for the guys who posted this

Returnal and Pokémon are confirmed G2L. GameStop updated their POS

Returnal
EBC-3066295

Pokémon Snap
EBC-3066279

Thank you for the guys who posted this
Will it still work for those of us without the code on receipt? Asking as picked up my copy this afternoon but nothing showed

On the app it was showing a 3rd party seller. Change it shipped and sold by Walmart. Then click on store pickup
Ok I see it now, thanks. It shows the $59.88 Walmart price then clicking on your local store will pull up a list of stores that have the $49.94 price.

That's through the app. I can see them denying people over that. If someone can get the price to show up via the walmart website then we can price match to Bestbuy. Their online chat seems to be way more lenient.

(Or just buy from walmart, but I have certificates and gift cards for bestbuy)

Pickedup my Snap today (full price + GPG because : homestore) and when I got home my Pikachu 3DS was also waiting... Their refurbishing department really going downhill.. they didn't even pack it correctly in their normal carboard-stretch-thing, and it was just loose in the box knocking around... but on the plus side they didn't check the game port and I got a random jrpg... so score?!  :p

Actual condition was pretty bad, but at this point in my life I think I'll just keep it for the shelf.  :oldman:

Rg6GDpS.png

Pickedup my Snap today (full price + GPG because : homestore) and when I got home my Pikachu 3DS was also waiting... Their refurbishing department really going downhill.. they didn't even pack it correctly in their normal carboard-stretch-thing, and it was just loose in the box knocking around... but on the plus side they didn't check the game port and I got a random jrpg... so score?! :p

Actual condition was pretty bad, but at this point in my life I think I'll just keep it for the shelf. :oldman:

Rg6GDpS.png
Win-win so it makes up for the damage done onto console

I dunno if they transfer or what time they expire today, but I'm not using my $5 PUR Pro cert or whatever. Anyone want it?

Pickedup my Snap today (full price + GPG because : homestore) and when I got home my Pikachu 3DS was also waiting... Their refurbishing department really going downhill.. they didn't even pack it correctly in their normal carboard-stretch-thing, and it was just loose in the box knocking around... but on the plus side they didn't check the game port and I got a random jrpg... so score?! :p

Actual condition was pretty bad, but at this point in my life I think I'll just keep it for the shelf. :oldman:

Rg6GDpS.png
nice. you can resell smt4 for like 70 bucks so that's a plus.

Rg6GDpS.png
This year has been good to you. First with the GME stock and this.

Those all look like old games on the 5/1/21 page.

Might be a stupid question but the pur code says it expired yesterday. Can I still use it today?
If you mean the monthly $5 PUR let us know how that works out because in my experience they have been disappearing on the last day of the month, even thought the last day of the month is the exp date on the code. Go figure.

Good luck. I already see quite a few employees having a meltdown in the subreddit about having to do it. Apparently even in the testing stores they were not only told to not advertise it, but that they'd be at a high risk of being fired for doing so. I see them complaining now for Wario even tweeting it out. Realistically, it shouldn't be a problem if they're actually doing it as a company, but seeing how it apparently was supposed to be "hush hush", I can see quite a large number of employees either being incapable of knowing how to price match, as well as some playing stupid and refusing to do it because it probably hurts the stores numbers, especially for new releases, AND for Pokemon games.
Avoid the GS subreddit like the plague... It's toxic... It used to be a place to discuss GS but it turned into the disgruntled employee rant and inside joke trolling sub.

Also I found this pretty cool, my NSMB 3DS game came in a GS display case instead of just cart only.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

The Gamestop subreddit is a bunch of children that have never worked another retail job in their entire lives and are apparently masochists because they could get a similar/better paying position literally anywhere else.

If you mean the monthly $5 PUR let us know how that works out because in my experience they have been disappearing on the last day of the month, even thought the last day of the month is the exp date on the code. Go figure.
I tried using my code around 6:30 and it didnt work. It was not even showing up on my account. It definitely had something to do with the timing, but to your point, I will just know next time to use it the day before.
As for the new codes showing up on my account, they are no longer V2, they are V3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back