2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uber pissed at this b2g1 fauxmotion they ran today. All the PS3 games around the same price I've been eyeing for months were in stock today and of course the promo doesn't work lol. Sitting in my cart sold out now. 😭 Thanks GS!

There's about a 90% they would come without a case, and probably a 97-98% chance they'd come damaged in some way. Honestly shocked that a. people still are interested in ordering pre XB1/PS4/3DS games, or b. people are still clueless to the game.

Something something definition of insanity. They could run a B2G4 or 5 on all gens before those and I still wouldn't do it. Not worth the gas to return them all.
I've bought tons of retro games from gamestonk and although incomplete they're worth way more than what i paid for them. Also, I've gotten a lot of ps3, vita, 3ds, and ds games that came complete.

There's about a 90% they would come without a case, and probably a 97-98% chance they'd come damaged in some way. Honestly shocked that a. people still are interested in ordering pre XB1/PS4/3DS games, or b. people are still clueless to the game.

Something something definition of insanity. They could run a B2G4 or 5 on all gens before those and I still wouldn't do it. Not worth the gas to return them all.
Surprisingly about half the PS3 games I've ordered this year have come complete. They are also on Blu Ray discs so typically those don't scratch too bad. Now XB360 and Wii games are another story, those do typically come pretty scratched up.

They have a banner for B2G1 PS3/X360/Wii games as DotD but it's not working yet
Did this ever work for anyone? Today's DotD email says Mario Odyssey should be $29.99 new, but it's still showing as $39.99 on the DotD page and in the cart. Someone over there is definitely asleep at the wheel.

Did this ever work for anyone? Today's DotD email says Mario Odyssey should be $29.99 new, but it's still showing as $39.99 on the DotD page and in the cart. Someone over there is definitely asleep at the wheel.
I tried again in the afternoon, and the games that were in my cart had sold out, so I don't know if it ever worked. I was done at the point

No I used it early this month. Strange though, when I click on deals then dotd it shows mario odyssey.$35. $33. But when you click it, it bumps up to $40, $38
I used my PUR coupon already too, but it is automatically deducting $5 from prices anyway. I think it's safe to assume that the website is broken in yet another way.

did they drop the price of preowned as well?

target price matched the $29.99 for me
I had both in my cart at the 40/38 price and as soon as it dropped to 30/28 it was out of stock, and you can't even seem to click on it anymore heh. I tried for store pickup + cert! O:)

I just called my local store to see if I can pickup Village later tonight and was told that since the pandemic started, early releases have stopped. Is this the case for anyone else? Was really hoping to start tonight since Ill be away on a business trip for the next few weeks and YouTube will recommend to me the ending and major points in the game just because I watched the 30 second trailer yesterday

I just called my local store to see if I can pickup Village later tonight and was told that since the pandemic started, early releases have stopped. Is this the case for anyone else? Was really hoping to start tonight since Ill be away on a business trip for the next few weeks and YouTube will recommend to me the ending and major points in the game just because I watched the 30 second trailer yesterday
Yeah as far as I know, midnight releases are donezo since the pandemic began. Only available on day of release

Delete it from your watch history and if you're on desktop, download the video blocker add-on and block keywords related to Resident Evil and variations of the title and words like "ending".

You have to change it to new from pre-owned to get the 29.99 price. I know as I bought it this morning.

Sounds like they derped the site since I bought it. Sorry for the ones that missed out.

How have people’s experience been with online refurbished consoles? Just bought a Switch Lite (Pokémon special edition) with fingers crossed!

How have people’s experience been with online refurbished consoles? Just bought a Switch Lite (Pokémon special edition) with fingers crossed!
I bought a Sun/Moon New 3DS XL a week or two ago, and it has some minor scratches on the front lid, but overall I was really happy with the condition of it.

It's part luck. I've had near perfect consoles, like a 360 once, and also consoles with the thumbstick replacements on and an imperfect controller and for reasons other than the thumbstick replacements too. At one point, I bought two faulty refurbished fat PS3s and while I initially blamed Gamestop, I found out that the fat PS3s seem to break nonstop.

I bought a Zelda 3DS and it was near perfect besides a few major scratches and a weird hole. It had dual IPS so i didn't care that much. My Xbox 360E and Superslim ps3 were in great shape as well. 

I bought a refurbished Z&Z switch lite from GS in Feb and it was pretty minty, no drift.. but as with all things GS - YMMV. I've had hit & miss results with other consoles.

Link to my ZZ post

I'd wait until at least the middle of the day as I've had problems with $200+ cash trades at opening. While they may have the money at the beginning of the day, they won't give it for the trade as they need change.

Also, I know of some stores that will let long time customers trade for credit without displaying their ID. Maybe they have it on file, I don't know. But for cash trades, you do need your ID, or they won't do it.
Anyone think GameStop is likely to offer $200 cash again for a PS4 Pro? Finally was able to order a PS5 online. Haven't really kept up with how often GameStop does the all values same as cash. Or is this once or twice a year only?

Anyone think GameStop is likely to offer $200 cash again for a PS4 Pro? Finally was able to order a PS5 online. Haven't really kept up with how often GameStop does the all values same as cash. Or is this once or twice a year only?
Just sell it on OfferUp. $200 cash for a PS4 Pro is a super quick sale, you could get $250 pretty easily as well.

Yeah as far as I know, midnight releases are donezo since the pandemic began. Only available on day of release
Correct, the only early release they did since pandemic was at the beginning getting permission to sell Animal Crossing and Doom Eternal the Thursday night before release b/c GameStop was worried they would be forced to close to the public and not get them money from all of those preorders. No 9PM/midnight releases for the forseeable future.

I see they have a 30% trade in credit towards mass effect legendary. Is there any potential issues trading in if I end up canceling the preorder or moving it to another game?

Surprisingly about half the PS3 games I've ordered this year have come complete. They are also on Blu Ray discs so typically those don't scratch too bad. Now XB360 and Wii games are another story, those do typically come pretty scratched up.
Yet somehow their NCAA '14s for ps3 never seem to work...

Dude, you can sell a used one for close to retail price these days. You're selling yourself way short by trading into gamestonk :rofl:

BG2G1 360/PS3/Wii is back and seems to be working (though I noticed at least one random Wii game to which it wouldn't apply) but the games I wanted are sold out now. Thanks, Gamestop

Anyone going to take a pic of Resident Evil 8 price tag at Wal-Mart today to price match? Preferably the PS5 version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back