2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
GameStop gets away with insane policies like “gutted” copies because their customers are largely teenagers/young adults or children and corporate knows they can pull things that no other major retail chain would dare do.

Thanks to the pandemic I stopped trading in so I’ve been giving them nothing. Hope they go belly up

The oft-delayed Pokeball replicas look to have shipped to stores - make sure you buy one of those re-usable bags to get 20% off if you add some extra crap (I picked the zelda and ACNH puzzles since my kids like them) to hit the threshold.  :bomb:

FgupXws.png

Just in case people have been looking for some of the smaller PS5 titles I’ve actually been finding some solid prices on some of them lately at GameStop.

WRC9 is 29.99 New and The Pathless is $27.99 used.

If you combine that with their buy a New game get 30% off a used one you won’t be able to find a better deal for now.

Just an FYI.

Price matched Biomutant to Amazon and used a $5 monthly coupon with no problem.
Weird last time I price match GameStop online price they told me I can’t use the coupon since I’m price matching. I guess it’s only if price matching GameStop and not other retailers or they pulled a fast one on me

Bought Biomutants on PC several days before release for $3 on the EA Desktop App.  :booty:

Has anyone who ever bought one of the PS5 bundles from GameStop had any luck returning the games? I got the MLB The Show 21 and Miles Morales bundle but don’t want to pay $59.99 for these games.

I have gotten a bundle and returned the game with no issues but i have heard it various by store location. Some give cash some want to give a GameStop gift card and some just say no just depends.

Yours was disc only too? It happened to me the other day. I bought Call of Cthulu for XB1 and it literally came in a sleeve with a printed label that said "NEW". I did a return immediately, it was ridiculous.
Judgment was complete. If it was disc only and sold as new, I would have been super pissed.

Has anyone who ever bought one of the PS5 bundles from GameStop had any luck returning the games? I got the MLB The Show 21 and Miles Morales bundle but don’t want to pay $59.99 for these games.
If there are other games you’re interested in, they might allow an exchange. As others have said, it’s YMMV. I got denied at one store, allowed a return at another (controller), and allowed an exchange at the same store that denied me on a return.

Bought Biomutants on PC several days before release for $3 on the EA Desktop App. :booty:
What's your point. I assume this is in regards to people asking if Biomutant is G2L... but most those people probably are asking as they plan to convert their PUR points to credit essentially, and to get the 30% off a pre-owned game.

In which case nobody cares if you got the game for $3 on PC.

G2L showing only for Ratchet and Clank on Trade in page right now.  It's nice that they bumped up the trade value you get to match the full price ($69.99), that's new unless I'm mistaken.

This is also nice for someone that got a PS5 bundle and was denied a return on a game included in it.  You could preorder Ratchet and Clank, then exchange the game you wanted to return for R&C on the release date, play it for 2 days, then trade it back in for $70.

I just ended up selling the games at a loss, oh well, didn't wanna drive around too far since I only have 2 Gamestops in my area who know me. If I happen to get another bundle I'll try to exchange the games didn't even think of that!

G2L showing only for Ratchet and Clank on Trade in page right now. It's nice that they bumped up the trade value you get to match the full price ($69.99), that's new unless I'm mistaken.

This is also nice for someone that got a PS5 bundle and was denied a return on a game included in it. You could preorder Ratchet and Clank, then exchange the game you wanted to return for R&C on the release date, play it for 2 days, then trade it back in for $70.
if they wouldn't let you return it, why would they let you exchange it?

G2L showing only for Ratchet and Clank on Trade in page right now. It's nice that they bumped up the trade value you get to match the full price ($69.99), that's new unless I'm mistaken.

This is also nice for someone that got a PS5 bundle and was denied a return on a game included in it. You could preorder Ratchet and Clank, then exchange the game you wanted to return for R&C on the release date, play it for 2 days, then trade it back in for $70.
Mario Golf and Monster Hunter are also G2L.

Picked up bladed fury on switch last weekend via online in store pick up since it’s $29.99 for the Memorial Day sale, store never processed that I picked it up and my online order got refunded, yay for free game! :)

Also has anyone pricematched walmart on release and then G2L trade in to essentially make more than you spent back?

My xenoblade 2 came complete so that was a nice surprise. Almost makes much for one punch man still haven't arrived from the beginning of the month. 

Anyone remember the last time GME did a $5 trade boost? Recently came up on a ton of ps4 games for $1 a piece that would be good to dump on them with a bonus. Do they even do the $5 boosts anymore?

3 weeks later still haven't gotten my order from last month when one punch man was dotd. tracking number doesn't even work on fedex or ups. 

3 weeks later still haven't gotten my order from last month when one punch man was dotd. tracking number doesn't even work on fedex or ups.
You have to call them to issue a replacement order. Same thing happened with my super mario odyssey order from about a month back. There was a tracking number, but the order was never shipped.

With the God of War delay, I could use a nice B2G1 with Valhalla, TLOU2 and Miles Morales to finish up my PS4 backlog. 

With the God of War delay, I could use a nice B2G1 with Valhalla, TLOU2 and Miles Morales to finish up my PS4 backlog.
Not what you are looking for but valhalla is on sale on gamefly for 20 and groupon has a 20$ gamefly voucher for 10 deal running according to a post in another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back