2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
GME gang let's fking goooo. We like this stock!
AMC is putting GME to shame. I got out at $13, as I figured it wouldn't go much higher. I got in at ~$7, so the regret is real, BUT I know I wouldn't have held through even the $20's so it is what it is.

I would say after seeing what happened with GME in January, now is a really bad time to buy into AMC as it could come toppling down at any moment and you would be stuck holding the absolute heaviest of bags. GME has potential to go higher though IMO, and I don't think it's as bad of a buy.

Not what you are looking for but valhalla is on sale on gamefly for 20 and groupon has a 20$ gamefly voucher for 10 deal running according to a post in another thread.
Thanks for the heads up! I finally gave in and got cyberpunk.I figured $10 and free shipping was the sweet spot. It would be pretty easy to flip at that price too.

I ordered some items from their memorial day sale. The e-mail they sent says it was shipped, but when I logged into the actual website it shows that it has been "awaiting carrier pickup" since May 31st with no tracking updates, how often does this happen?

I ordered some items from their memorial day sale. The e-mail they sent says it was shipped, but when I logged into the actual website it shows that it has been "awaiting carrier pickup" since May 31st with no tracking updates, how often does this happen?
All the time. Go by the email or plug in the tracking number at the website of whatever carrier they used.

Ordered some games in April I still haven’t gotten yet. Ordered games since and they’ve all come CIB, all switch games and within a week. How weird. One was even ordered used but I got a (GameStop) new version...happy about it, but consistency would be good too.

Often. I just did the chat yesterday to get a replacement order for one from the 10th.

Anyone have good suggestions for $30 new games to activate 20/50% off deal? I have too many copies of fallen legion and too many have come "new".

Sounds like all the fallen legions are "new" to me if both yours and mine were like that. Right now there's nothing really good to use the new game promo on. My suggestion would be to pick an RPG if you can find one.

Sounds like all the fallen legions are "new" to me if both yours and mine were like that. Right now there's nothing really good to use the new game promo on. My suggestion would be to pick an RPG if you can find one.
Yeah, there is a "trick" to get them sealed from the warehouse (USPS), but I'm not sure what time frame/how orders are determined that way. I got a few that way. Pretty much all the ones from a retail store are loose, which is no surprise, because each store probably got 1-2.

I guess I'll just stick with fallen legion. Until I buy out every last copy from their 4500 stores and the DC will have to send sealed copies!

FYI, I'm asking because they restocked a BUTTLOAD of heart gold/soul silver. I purchased quite a few already and there still isn't a low stock warning, so go crazy and may the odds be in your favor if you're interested. I figure spending $60 on two "new" games is worth saving $35, even if those games do come open. $12.50 for a loose copy of Fallen Legion for example, which is $40-$50 new, seems like a good deal.

Edit: HG/SS loose on ebay is like $120. For me it comes out to $100 for two "new" 30 games and the DS game, so seems like a really solid deal. Of course you take the risk of the game being fake, which in my experience it's about a 50%-60% chance of being real, and can always return if fake. And always the slight slight chance you get a complete copy, which would be awesome!

Yeah, there is a "trick" to get them sealed from the warehouse (USPS), but I'm not sure what time frame/how orders are determined that way. I got a few that way. Pretty much all the ones from a retail store are loose, which is no surprise, because each store probably got 1-2.

I guess I'll just stick with fallen legion. Until I buy out every last copy from their 4500 stores and the DC will have to send sealed copies!

FYI, I'm asking because they restocked a BUTTLOAD of heart gold/soul silver. I purchased quite a few already and there still isn't a low stock warning, so go crazy and may the odds be in your favor if you're interested. I figure spending $60 on two "new" games is worth saving $35, even if those games do come open. $12.50 for a loose copy of Fallen Legion for example, which is $40-$50 new, seems like a good deal.

Edit: HG/SS loose on ebay is like $120. For me it comes out to $100 for two "new" 30 games and the DS game, so seems like a really solid deal. Of course you take the risk of the game being fake, which in my experience it's about a 50%-60% chance of being real, and can always return if fake. And always the slight slight chance you get a complete copy, which would be awesome!
Thanks for the heads up. I ended up picking a couple copies of Gravity Rush, but may grab some HS/SS as well.

Thanks for the heads up. I ended up picking a couple copies of Gravity Rush, but may grab some HS/SS as well.
Thanks, last time I checked gravity rush was out of stock. I’ve been wanting to get a copy to play but it’s very expensive on eBay. Seems like a good deal buying a copy of fallen legion with it to save 30% (or 50% if buying 2 fallen legions).

Damn you! Just when I decided to stop buying you pull me in! Thanks for heads up. Wish I decided to get those instead of HG/SS. Obviously much less chance of getting a fake game. But I guess there's also a chance you get a different region game or the disc doesn't work.

Damn you! Just when I decided to stop buying you pull me in! Thanks for heads up. Wish I decided to get those instead of HG/SS. Obviously much less chance of getting a fake game. But I guess there's also a chance you get a different region game or the disc doesn't work.
Or it's sequel. That's what I got the last time I bought it, but that was a couple years back. I'm assuming these are coming from the warehouse so expect disc only refurbed copies.

Totally bought Platinum at the wrong time (bought random new game for 30%...), but I'm not reselling - just adding to the pokmeon shelf... looks legit to me...?

ECtdPUI.jpg

How are you guys able to use the $5 monthly certificate online? No matter what I have in my cart, I am unable to apply the code. I have tried both new and used, physical and digital items.

How are you guys able to use the $5 monthly certificate online? No matter what I have in my cart, I am unable to apply the code. I have tried both new and used, physical and digital items.
same experience here. I think the monthly $5 is just broken overall right now on the website.

Totally bought Platinum at the wrong time (bought random new game for 30%...), but I'm not reselling - just adding to the pokmeon shelf... looks legit to me...?
ECtdPUI.jpg
Maybe, I hope so. Can't really tell from pictures. I know they definitely sell repros of those games sealed with a fake cover art, manual, etc. The fact that that cartridge looks minty despite it being a 10 year old game worries me, but that could just be the lighting/angle.

Edit: can you show pic of back of cartridge?

Big restocks this week. No joke I'm guessing 100+ copies of HG/SS and probably tens of gravity rush. Also just some random misc games and I even saw some New 3ds xls a few days ago but mine was removed from cart and sold out. Just odd how things will be out of stock for months and then boom, big replenish. Not sure why they do it that way.

Big restocks this week. No joke I'm guessing 100+ copies of HG/SS and probably tens of gravity rush. Also just some random misc games and I even saw some New 3ds xls a few days ago but mine was removed from cart and sold out. Just odd how things will be out of stock for months and then boom, big replenish. Not sure why they do it that way.
Need one more edition of 3DS XL here as well! My guess is they get these systems traded in - sent back for refurbishment and then once enough systems are processed they release the batch onto the site.

Edit: can you show pic of back of cartridge?
y9oodSS.png

Monthly coupon is always broken to start the month, just give it a few days... hopefully....

Just copy-paste the code down and add it to cart later! :beer:

ECtdPUI.jpg
Looks legit to me. To be 100% sure, you can make a post on r/gameverifying. They will tell you for certain.

Gravity rush remastered has to be a reprint or something else fishy or broken going on.  Any of those equally possible with GameStop, who knows, but no way this is just their normal trade in stock.

Gravity rush remastered has to be a reprint or something else fishy or broken going on. Any of those equally possible with GameStop, who knows, but no way this is just their normal trade in stock.
Yeah something is suspicious for it to be available for so long. I will be mad if they cancel the Gravity Rush but still send the Fallen Legion "new" game. If it is a small reprint but comes with original case, I would be fine with that.

could they even reprint an amazon exclusive?
Exclusivity rights usually only last so long. And yeah, people know about it, and this "rare" game is still in stock five hours later. Something is definitely up, will be interested to see how many flood the secondary market.

On the rumors of a "pre-owned reprint" like what they did with Xenoblade on Wii and probably others, does anyone know the reasoning? Meaning not just reprinting and selling sealed? Is it because they try to act like these are pre-owned and not reprints, as to keep up the appearance that the game is "rare"?

Exclusivity rights usually only last so long. And yeah, people know about it, and this "rare" game is still in stock five hours later. Something is definitely up, will be interested to see how many flood the secondary market.
On the rumors of a "pre-owned reprint" like what they did with Xenoblade on Wii and probably others, does anyone know the reasoning? Meaning not just reprintin7g and selling sealed? Is it because they try to act like these are pre-owned and not reprints, as to keep up the appearance that the game is "rare"?
Yup. Why sell Xenoblade new for $50 when they can charge whatever they want for preowned. They were selling ut for $80 at one point.

And if I remember right, Gravity Rush was $30 new. So selling at $60 used is much better.

Yup. Why sell Xenoblade new for $50 when they can charge whatever they want for preowned. They were selling ut for $80 at one point.

And if I remember right, Gravity Rush was $30 new. So selling at $60 used is much better.
I think it will be interesting to see see where people's copies ship from. If it's from the DC via USPS, or from stores. If there are hardly any store orders, I think it's very telling for a reprint.

Looks like my heart golds are shipping from the warehouse. And since you can't really refurbish DS games, I'm assuming they're returns, AKA fakes. Hopefully not but we'll see.

My xenoblade 2 was cart only.
Grav rush back in stock!
Count me in for grav rush and “new" fallen legion. Let's see what I get!

Looks like my heart golds are shipping from the warehouse. And since you can't really refurbish DS games, I'm assuming they're returns, AKA fakes. Hopefully not but we'll see.
I had an employee try to charge me a "refurb" fee for a 3DS game that had just been pulled out of its shrinkwrap when I was in the car in Gamestop's parking lot.

Gravity rush is back in stock already somehow. Missed getting one last night so decided i'll try my luck with one now to see how it turns out

I received shipping notice for Gravity Rush last night.  The website shows it as UPS but it's a USPS tracking number.  It has not been picked up yet.  I know based on past experience that getting a shipping notice is only about half the battle.  Often they never actually pick up the packages.  I noticed Gravity Rush now shows as a "best seller" on their webpage too.  I can't think of any other explanation except a reprint (assuming they really are shipping them) or they are some kind of international version. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back