2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's YMMV for the eShop cards. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. You can sometimes use monthly coupons online on things, though.
Well I've never had a problem using it online for games, but I've never been able to get it to work online for eShop cards. I've always had to go to the store for that

I'm still not sure when these come out. Sony said 6/11. GameStop first said a date earlier this week (I forgot the exact date) and then changed it to 6/11. And Best Buy has a release date of 6/18.
My target pre order says it won't be delivered until June 28- July 1st. Not sure what's going on with these.

Is Cyberpunk finally worth it at $20? I have a bunch of certs and gift cards to use from those PS5 bundles. But if it's still unplayable I'll just wait for something else

Biomutant is $30 guaranteed trade in according to the weekly ad. How does that work if I'm trading it towards RC A Rift Apart? Do I get the 30% bump on top of $30?

Wow so I just got around to testing one of my Xenoblade Chronicles 2 I ordered a couple weeks back and it had a weird scratch on the corner of the label. Should’ve thought to at least test it when I first got it, and apparently it’s Sonic Mania with a XC2 sticker on it. GameStop still doesn’t fail to disappoint!

Wow so I just got around to testing one of my Xenoblade Chronicles 2 I ordered a couple weeks back and it had a weird scratch on the corner of the label. Should’ve thought to at least test it when I first got it, and apparently it’s Sonic Mania with a XC2 sticker on it. GameStop still doesn’t fail to disappoint!
I've gotten n64 carts that had the entire eprom chip removed and nothing put back in

From the email today Subj:

Up to $30 off the hottest games leads this week’s Top Deals

GET $5 EXTRA CREDIT on select games traded toward pre-orders from 6.10–6.19*

Of course, no details beyond that.

$5 trade-in bonus only counts for games on certain platforms with base value of $5:

[attachment=35673:GS trade bonus 6-10-21.png]

This banner can be found on GameStop's E3 page near the bottom.

I was awake early enough today to see that XC2 was in stock. Despite having seen this horror story, I decided to gamble. I’ll probably get your return. The website added a 10 GC, so at least I have that no matter what happens.

I’m more annoyed that when it dropped to 40 at BB, I waited a few days before I went to get it and it had disappeared everywhere.

Looks like trade values have tanked a bit with that $5 extra deal, typical GS. Spiderman (PS4, 2018) is down to $5 base and AC: Odyssey is down to $6 base, both were $8 base a couple days ago. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back