2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI from the DOTD, Ori is flippable $7 > $11

Gears Tactics is also still flippable at $10 > $16

I traded in 2 games yesterday and got the $5 bump adding them to my existing Monster Hunter Stories 2 CE pre-order. So works on existing as well as new.
SL at my store says this doesn’t work and they have to give u a new pre order or have to cancel and pre order again to trade in….

I wish they knew how to just add it to existing pre order like your employee

FYI Metroid Dread:SE is not preorderable in store.  Missed the Best Buy, Target and now the GameStop online listings.  Here's hoping for Amazon to come through in the clutch.

SL at my store says this doesn’t work and they have to give u a new pre order or have to cancel and pre order again to trade in….

I wish they knew how to just add it to existing pre order like your employee
You can, employee doesn't know what they are doing. If anything, just cancel and pre-order again but it isn't necessary.

Why ask about the bump? Just say you want to add $5 to your preorder and trade in games. Let the system work.

Ordered the Zelda Game & Watch. My game boy came with Links Awakening and it’s my favorite Zelda game. Seems like one of the better uses of credit.

So anyone try to pre-order any of the new stuff in store? Zelda / Metroid / Amiibos? Or web only?  :oldman:  Had a long work day, couldn't nab anything!

How do returns work with the "30% of any preowned game with the purchase of a new game over $29.99"? I ordered Hades to get Ratchet and Clank discounted, but the eshop sale on Hades has me possibly changing my mind. Thanks!

How do returns work with the "30% of any preowned game with the purchase of a new game over $29.99"? I ordered Hades to get Ratchet and Clank discounted, but the eshop sale on Hades has me possibly changing my mind. Thanks!
They have to go by what the packing slip/receipt says. If they say they need to calculate it so you get less back for Hades, tell them no and leave.

I purchased R&C and got Returnal preowned 30% off. I just returned R&C today and got the full refund no problem.

What wiuld be the chance that i can get preorder for the metorid collector edition iof i head to store tomorrow morning
I went in tonight and they said they weren't taking pre orders for it in store but said he may be able to do an online order in store but I didn't mess with that since I was able to pre order online earlier.

Why ask about the bump? Just say you want to add $5 to your preorder and trade in games. Let the system work.

Ordered the Zelda Game & Watch. My game boy came with Links Awakening and it’s my favorite Zelda game. Seems like one of the better uses of credit.
This is 100% the way to do it. Walking with the games in a bag and just say "I want to put $5 on my existing preorder". After they add that and you see the line item on the checkout terminal, say "I'd also like to trade these in." Boom, easy as pie.

Watch that terminal like a hawk when they scan stuff in though to make sure you're getting the right prices/bumps.

Fallout 76 trades in for $5.50 up to $10.50 with the bump? That's hilarious considering I put it in as garbage filler for a deal to get some games I actually wanted a couple years ago. 

Is it possible to do a return/rebuy? I wanted to trade my Xbox one X for the series X but I didn’t have time to pack my Xbox up. I was able to buy the series X though. If it’s possible, do I need to bring the Xbox series X back sealed? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Is it possible to do a return/rebuy? I wanted to trade my Xbox one X for the series X but I didn’t have time to pack my Xbox up. I was able to buy the series X though. If it’s possible, do I need to bring the Xbox series X back sealed? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
They can definitely do it, YMMV obviously. I have had employees in the past be cool with not having the system there, but technically they told me they're supposed to have it because they have to run the return first and technically you could just walk out at that point and no go forward with the trade and re buy and try to screw them. But I think of you have good report and explain the situation they will totally understand and do it for you.

Don’t hold your breath on trails 4 coming new, I think they opened every copy just for fun.
Gamestop employees with new games:

giphy.gif

Picked up a Series S and I planned on doing the same thing. First store I went in said No it would need to be here now to do it. Second store I went in said yeah they would do it just bring in receipt. So YMMV.

On the trade in page there is a 50% boost on trades towards New PC Accessories. Does anybody know what is included in that?

My store has a new SL and they were under the impression the +$50 promo for systems was not working so they manually bumped my Xbox One S 500GB from $125 to $175 way before plugging in the X to the order, went through and traded tons of games in, pre-ordered some stuff, and etc etc. I just checked the receipt and the promo did work, so I got $225. However, it seems the 30% towards Mario Golf did not work in combination with the +$5, so I only ended up with a free $20 and change.

My store has a new SL and they were under the impression the +$50 promo for systems was not working so they manually bumped my Xbox One S 500GB from $125 to $175 way before plugging in the X to the order, went through and traded tons of games in, pre-ordered some stuff, and etc etc. I just checked the receipt and the promo did work, so I got $225. However, it seems the 30% towards Mario Golf did not work in combination with the +$5, so I only ended up with a free $20 and change.
Of course the 30% and $5 bonus didn't stack. You get the better of the two deals. Once the TIV is above $16.67, 30% is better.

Of course the 30% and $5 bonus didn't stack. You get the better of the two deals. Once the TIV is above $16.67, 30% is better.
I am aware of this. By combination I did not mean stack. The 30% games were all Wii/360/3DS games or PS4/X1 games worth less than $5. All of the games that got the +$5 bump were PS4/XB1 games worth more than $5. In my experience the trade promos should work together on the same transaction (but not stack, obviously) and someone a page or so ago mentioned that they did work together. I am stating my experience as an anecdote to the opposite for people to be aware of.

I am aware of this. By combination I did not mean stack. The 30% games were all Wii/360/3DS games or PS4/X1 games worth less than $5. All of the games that got the +$5 bump were PS4/XB1 games worth more than $5. In my experience the trade promos should work together on the same transaction (but not stack, obviously) and someone a page or so ago mentioned that they did work together. I am stating my experience as an anecdote to the opposite for people to be aware of.
I figured something like this would occurred. That's why I pre ordered a game that's not apart of the 30% promo. so I can get the better +5 promotion. Also never trust GS system to do the right thing, always try to make it as simple as possible even if you have to do multiple transactions.

Which titles did you trade? Need some ideas when I go out sourcing.
XB1: Gears Tactics, Halo: MCC, Sims 4

Switch: Poi, Moving out, Civilization 4

PS4: Power rangers, fallout 76, sw: squadrons, ufc2 (4base, usually way lower), one piece burning blood, GT: Sport & GR: breakpoint

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back