2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what games have been confirmed to work with the $5 bump? I saw that Battlefield 2042 and Mario Golf work. Can't quite recall the other games that work.
I have pre ordered Wario Ware and pokemon diamond. Both worked. Also seen another user say the Zelda game and watch worked. I'm pretty sure it's any pre order in the system.

I got an email from GameStop about it
but the website doesn’t seem to mention anything about it.
You made me check my emails. Is it the weekly ad email that says "Pro members get exclusive early access to consoles!"? That would be a nice perk if it was true. I've always thought they should have given priority to Pro members for highly sought-after items.

I traded in an Xbox one and a PS4 towards a Series X today. Only one of the consoles got the $50 bonus added unfortunately.

I traded in an Xbox one and a PS4 towards a Series X today. Only one of the consoles got the $50 bonus added unfortunately.
I definitely would've complained about it. This kinda sucks, i was hoping to trade an original fat xbox one and a xbox one S towards the series X, but if they don't add it in then, it sucks.

Don’t hold your breath on trails 4 coming new, I think they opened every copy just for fun.
Indeed. On that note there's not a used option up for cold steel 4 yet ironically.

I'll wait it out till they do another 50% off sale like they did last year and pick it up then like I did for 3.

Some more info about the Pro 10k and early access.
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1405337786618576897?s=19
This honestly doesn't seem like a horrible idea... same for Amazon or WM, to offer it up to their Prime/WM+ customers, on a one per account basis. But I'm guessing I'm missing some serious loophole.

Do trade credit expires? I have about $440 sitting across three cards since August 2020. I'm holding out this credit for a PS5 when it becomes widely available. thanks.

Really thought to find a good ps5,PS4 $30 game that I don’t already have. Just got judgement for $26 at target. Might have to buy it again for $30 lol

Do we think that last weekend was actually a trade bump because of the mwt61121 code? I don't remember anything much (at least from my list) actually changing for the positive.

What the hell is goin on with GameStop. I can’t checkout no matter what payment method I choose

Edit: finally went through after multiple tries

Order Trails of Cold Steel 3 for PS4 a few days ago. Arrived today complete with CD and ... the Steelbook, manual, and game for Trails 2! I guess the retail store that sent it thought it was all one set? Obviously was the same owner, because sadly both games reek of cigarette smell. Anyone have any good ideas of how to get rid of the smell? Right now I have them in a plastic sealed grocery bag with dryer sheets, but I have low expectations for that.

Order Trials of Cold Steel 3 for PS4 a few days ago. Arrived today complete with CD and ... the Steelbook, manual, and game for Trials 2! I guess the retail store that sent it thought it was all one set? Obviously was the same owner, because sadly both games reek of cigarette smell. Anyone have any good ideas of how to get rid of the smell? Right now I have them in a plastic sealed grocery bag with dryer sheets, but I have low expectations for that.
Dryer sheets have done it for me in the past although it took a long time (weeks/months) to completely get rid of the smell.

Dotd doesn't work in store smh, and the store I wanna pick up Sea of Thieves and Ori from says Ori isn't in stock, when the associate literally had it in his hand.

I am aware of this. By combination I did not mean stack. The 30% games were all Wii/360/3DS games or PS4/X1 games worth less than $5. All of the games that got the +$5 bump were PS4/XB1 games worth more than $5. In my experience the trade promos should work together on the same transaction (but not stack, obviously) and someone a page or so ago mentioned that they did work together. I am stating my experience as an anecdote to the opposite for people to be aware of.
I can confirm that this was the same thing at my store.

I traded in a stack of old gen + a stack of new gen towards Skyward Sword. If trying to do it all in one transaction, it was giving the 30% bonus on old gen but not the +5 on the new gen. After trying a couple different ways, it looks like whichever games got scanned in first, that's the promo that would trigger. Only way to get both promos to apply separately was to do it in two different transactions (which normally they hate doing).

Dotd doesn't work in store smh, and the store I wanna pick up Sea of Thieves and Ori from says Ori isn't in stock, when the associate literally had it in his hand.
Online inventory is -1, so those were likely the last copies. You can price match the website in-store now so just ask the associate to hold it and get over there ASAP.

Order Trails of Cold Steel 3 for PS4 a few days ago. Arrived today complete with CD and ... the Steelbook, manual, and game for Trails 2! I guess the retail store that sent it thought it was all one set? Obviously was the same owner, because sadly both games reek of cigarette smell. Anyone have any good ideas of how to get rid of the smell? Right now I have them in a plastic sealed grocery bag with dryer sheets, but I have low expectations for that.
Wow, a $100-$200 bonus for you! For everything GameStop messes up, the mess ups in our favor partly make up for it, too bad they are much less frequent. Always seem to come with a catch as well, like the cigarette smoke, but amazing deal overall! I tried putting a smokey book in a bag with a closet dehumidifier for months, airing it out as well. It helped a little, but never got rid of the smell completely in my case.

I can confirm that this was the same thing at my store.

I traded in a stack of old gen + a stack of new gen towards Skyward Sword. If trying to do it all in one transaction, it was giving the 30% bonus on old gen but not the +5 on the new gen. After trying a couple different ways, it looks like whichever games got scanned in first, that's the promo that would trigger. Only way to get both promos to apply separately was to do it in two different transactions (which normally they hate doing).
The frustrating thing is that in the past the two different promos have calculated together properly without issue. I didn't notice until I got home because the inclusion of the extra $50 on my console was making the trade total roughly what I had expected.

I’m sure this has been answered before, but this thread is *very* long:

Can I use reward certs for digital currency (Xbox/psn/eshop) online, or only in-store? I know the $5 monthly credits are in-store only for digital goods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back