2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
return the game
70 bucks for a scratched steelbook is a crime

Has anyone returned a $29.99+ New game from the promo and kept the preowned title purchasing in store? Do they prorate the amount or do you get the full amount for the new purchase?
I'm assuming it's YMMV by location, now that they can allegedly check order details when returning an online order (assuming you mean online order, if it's in store, I'm sure YMMV as well.)

I've done online returns (prepaid FedEx shipping label) and they do not pro-rate the transaction based on the pre-owned discount. However, they do pro-rate shipping or tax or whatever they've always done. For example, I returned two open "new" $29.99 games with 6% tax and I received $62.68 instead of $63.58.

Why through, they literally run this promo every pro day
Was not aware of that. I've never participated in any pro day sales because they were always crap. I feel like this is something I would have notices or perhaps I overlooked it because I already had years stacked in advance.

I was really hoping Mario Golf was. Now I can rent the game for a weekend, convert the 10k points and $5 welcome coupon from renewing Pro yesterday back to credit, AND keep the pin set.

I know I mentioned it briefly earlier, but if anyone is having trouble with in store returns on online purchases, I'd highly recommend going the online route. I made a lot of returns between all my opened "new" games and fake pokemon DS games, and they all went through. 

I know in store returns can be hit or miss sometimes. I know I've had some places that have said, "yeah I can't take that since you didn't buy it here" or "ooh, sorry, it's past 7 days since purchase date, even though you just received the package today, nothing I can do" or "it's part of a promo so you have to return everything". And sometimes it's just a bad attitude (as mentioned earlier, "Great now I have another copy of FF I can't sell").

I thought the process was super smooth. You get notifications for when your shipment has been picked up by fedex, arrived at gamestop, and within a day of that you get an email saying return processed and refund issued. Not to mention you get a month to return even pre-owned games, as opposed to 1-2 weeks or whatever they say in store. The shipping label is prepaid, so you're only out the cost of a bubble mailer ($1) or whatever you use to ship, which you could argue is a wash with gas money saved. 

Hopefully this helps someone. Sadly gamestop messes up all the time so I'm sure returns are unavoidable for most. 

So anyone price match PaperMario/Pikmin 3 in-store and was able to combine with 30% off a pre-owned game on the same transaction? :)

So anyone price match PaperMario/Pikmin 3 in-store and was able to combine with 30% off a pre-owned game on the same transaction? :)
No, but I did try to use my monthly $5 coupon and it would not apply. I assume a price match counts as a promo, and so it won’t stack with other promos.

I think it does work on price matching gamestop.com. I bought the untitled Goose game and price matched to the website and my $5 showed up on the checkout screen.

Anyone have luck getting a free copy of AC III? My local store had 1 available for pickup but it wouldn't go through checkout for $0.00. Looks like they disabled it or they sold out by 10:20pm.

After adding a $.99 copy of Destiny, I was able to place a local pick up order for one copy on Switch.
NBA 2K17 for me did the trick, AC3 RE trades back in at $5 too. Don't forget guys we can only trade in 4 of the same title per platform so you don't get hit with a 90 day trade ban. So we can trade in 4 copies each on the 3 consoles it came out on.

My used R&C still hasn't shipped from the last buy 2 $29.99 titles get 50% off used promo. The other 2 new games haven't shipped either. Maybe they ran low on inventory.

My store pickup order with AC3 just got canceled. I am glad they didn't fulfil the item I had to pay for to get the order to go through.
My orders were canceled too buy my order history is all weird now. Asssassin’s Creed 3 remastered is showing up all over my previous orders where it shouldn’t

My AC 3s all shipped, it actually feels kinda like a ripoff getting charged $5 for shipping on these but oh well. Also tried to return my PS5 bundle games and no go. Ended up doing the online return. Does anyone have any experience returning things online? In terms of timeframe, etc

Guess I missed out on the AC3 fun... hate having to go to actual work and focusing on working!  :oldman:

After work I had to go to my homestore to get the price match to Target to get Mario Origami King for $30. First SL at the GS near work was being a dick and quoting fine print (manager's discretion) and because he had a stick up his butt. 

And can also confirm the 30%/50% off preowned for a new game doesn't work in store anymore sadly.  :bomb:

Guess I missed out on the AC3 fun... hate having to go to actual work and focusing on working! :oldman:

After work I had to go to my homestore to get the price match to Target to get Mario Origami King for $30. First SL at the GS near work was being a dick and quoting fine print (manager's discretion) and because he had a stick up his butt.

And can also confirm the 30%/50% off preowned for a new game doesn't work in store anymore sadly. :bomb:
If you were trying to get a preowned game alongside the price-matched Origami King, it's possible that the price-match "promo" was overriding the 30% off promo. Another example: If you use the $5 monthly cert on a new game and try to buy a preowned game also, the discount doesn't trigger because of the $5 cert being applied.

If you were trying to get a preowned game alongside the price-matched Origami King, it's possible that the price-match "promo" was overriding the 30% off promo--if you use a $5 monthly cert on a new game and try to buy a preowned game also, the discount doesn't trigger because of the $5 cert being applied.
I had them ring up both so it showed the 59.99 New + 54.99 preowned on register first before I price matched... (though I guess I hadn't checked in yet so pro wasn't "on" - but the promo wasn't pro only)

I had them ring up both so it showed the 59.99 New + 54.99 preowned on register first before I price matched... (though I guess I hadn't checked in yet so pro wasn't "on" - but the promo wasn't pro only)
Ah, then you're probably right about it no longer working. I also didn't realize it before, but that promo isn't mentioned in the weekly ad like it has been for the past several months.

Any change to your trade ban? I checked on my account over the weekend and it was still banned 115 days since the last successful trade (95 since the first time I found out).

theres 2 pages of ds games in stock total rn. hope theyre not planning on phasing them out.
1 out of my 2 stores doesnt even have a display for them anymore

No and jurai used to contribute a great number of deals like that one guy who. It's a shame they have been acting the way they are.
I stopped sharing deals cuz of clowns on here getting butt hurt any time they missed a deal and someone mentioned it after the fact. I find a lot more deals in discord than here anyways

For anyone else that wanted to roll the GS dice - they had a restock of a bunch of retro stuff they still have listings for...  likely a fun return trip with a bunch of label-less / fakes at the cost of shipping  :oldman:

Gameboy / N64 / SNES / NES were what I looked into and decided to mostly stick to at least get 20% off - but probably missed out on some of the rarer titles if they did come back in stock. 

zFvPXCD.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back