2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t think you can access DLC (and maybe updates) if a game is outside your region. That is probably why people don’t want the EU region games.
You should still be able to update it (I have a few JP PS4 games and they update on my US account) but the DLC thing is correct. Also yeah most stores will probably turn you down for trading it back in if it's not a US version

My ratchet and clank pre owned with a $30 new game didn’t come with original case and the order isn’t showing up on my order history. Would I still be able to return it? Came with a receipt in the package tho says picked date 6/17
It’s fine, just bring the receipt. You shouldn’t need to, but can try to bring up tracking to show it was delivered within the week if possible.

I dealt with similar but for an opened 'new' game. Ordered it online but it just came with the game in a sleeve marked 'new'. Went to the store and explained that I want a new game, not a used opened one. I know it's not that stores fault but I want my money back or an exchange. Girl got very angry with me saying it's open she can't take it back, but explained again the situation and got a manager involved. Manager had no problem and said it happens all the time, the customer isn't wrong for wanting what they paid for.

I would have went with the online option after that but wanted my money back sooner than later.
This is the worst part of that policy. Two people with a normal reaction to the situation having to argue and get angry over it. Any other store, you would be laughed out the door trying to return a new video game disc only in a paper sleeve. If she was new, that’s a normal reaction, I doubt that is in the training program. All the liability and poor customer interactions this leads to, that’s why I think there is something more to selling open as new than just no way to solve the problem of how to display and sell the last copy in each store. There are many better and very simple solutions.

Anyone able to use their july $5 coupon on psn or xbox digital credit? I was able to use june coupon on $10 psn a few days ago, but doesnt seem to work today.

Everyone wants US copies. You don't see EU copies sell for nearly as much, even within Europe. I'm guessing it's a combination of them being in print longer and Europe not having the same "collectors mentality" as America, though who really knows. I remember when some anime blu-rays would go out of print, the US versions would sell for hundreds and you could buy a brand new one from Amazon UK for like $10 shipped.
Also if the game has any DLC, even if it's free, the DLC is region locked even if the game isn't. I had to make a UK PSN account to redeem the free DLC for Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition for it to be recognized by my physical copy that was from the European CE b/c the North American CE sucked.

You have to create an account for that region for updates. It’s not that hard, but people are lazy.

I have a couple European games because I wanted the game and the used prices for US versions had gotten stupid.
Creating an account is not a simple process and in case you forget some systems like the vita only have one per card. So it's not perfect and nor are people lazy for avoiding jumping through hoops just to get any dlc.

B2G1 Flips (switch):

Let's go Pikachu: $33 cost, $27 base trade in

1-2 Switch: $28 cost, $22 base

Paper Mario: $42 cost, $25 base

Immortals Fenix: $23 cost, $17 base

Mario Odyssey: $41 cost, $25 base

Super Mario Party: $45 cost, $27 base

Pikachu is the best of them, but depending on what you get, you could get something like: Pikachu, Odyssey and Paper Mario. Cost before tax would be $83. Base trade in would be $77, but you could bump that to over $100 with trade in bonuses. Plus the points from purchases.

Double check to make sure that you price match if you buy in store as their system doesn't update automatically. I got overcharged and got my purchase fixed when I showed the employee that the site was cheaper than in store.

The reason I hate PEGI is because sometimes they get inferior cover art, their spines always look worse and are usually just plain letters on a white background, and the rating logos and covers in general just look amateurish and cheap compared to the NTSC versions.

Both of my montly $5's this month were issued as V2, an instore only cert.  Of course, the promo email says "AVAILABLE FOR USE IN-STORE AND ONLINE." But I expect this kind of incompetence at this point.

If anyone was looking to trade in a Dual Sense controller with the current promo, I got $47.25 in total trade today. Base was $35, then $3.50 (10% from PUR) and $8.75 (25%).

Both of my montly $5's this month were issued as V2, an instore only cert. Of course, the promo email says "AVAILABLE FOR USE IN-STORE AND ONLINE." But I expect this kind of incompetence at this point.
The email is right. You can use it online - there's just no handy "apply to cart" button, so you need to copy and paste it manually. It works today, which is the first time the coupon has worked online on the first day of the month. Usually, it takes a few days to become valid. The usual caveats apply: no sale items, digital currency, etc.

B2G1 Flips (switch):

Pikachu is the best of them, but depending on what you get, you could get something like: Pikachu, Odyssey and Paper Mario. Cost before tax would be $83. Base trade in would be $77, but you could bump that to over $100 with trade in bonuses. Plus the points from purchases.

Double check to make sure that you price match if you buy in store as their system doesn't update automatically. I got overcharged and got my purchase fixed when I showed the employee that the site was cheaper than in store.
Let's Go Pikachu is $43 fwiw

Let's Go Pikachu is $43 fwiw
It was changed from this morning then.

pmMesTz.png

Quick question, I believe I already missed out but which ones were in stock? Any limited editions?
Unfortunately there wasn't any special editions in stock just regular solid colors. Just decided to post it because I didn't think thats when they usually restock

B2G1 Flips (switch):

Add Watch Dogs: Legion to this. Xbox is the best: $16 -> $15

B2G1 Flips (switch):

Is the trade-in bonus just 20% extra on certain per-orders?

Is the trade-in bonus just 20% extra on certain per-orders?
Correct, but buying some new releases will also trigger the bonus:

Purchases - Scarlet Nexus, Mario Golf: Super Rush, or R&C Rift Apart

Preorders - Monster Hunter Stories 2 or LoZ Skyward Sword HD

If anyone was looking to trade in a Dual Sense controller with the current promo, I got $47.25 in total trade today. Base was $35, then $3.50 (10% from PUR) and $8.75 (25%).
Thanks for the heads up, gonna trade in my white launch Dualsense towards Ghost of Tsushima DC,. I have a sealed Special Edition for PS4 but don't want to open it.

My order that was placed at 1am already shipped. Now to wait and see if these Series X games come in good condition.
My games already arrived. Shipping was extremely fast.

MK11 Ultimate is in great condition(both discs and the game box)

Yakuza Like a Dragon came in the steel book and everything seems brand new to me. DLC code was unused.

DMC5 SE has a "new" sticker on the cover but the box and game disc look immaculate.

Good job GameStop

B2G1 Flips (switch):

If you get a chance could you post some more money maker scenarios? I already did the Pika Ody Paper one you mentioned, I guess I could do that one 3 more times

Uhhh how did you get a $35 base value for the dualsense? I also traded one yesterday and got $40.50. The base value of the dualsense was $30. Side note, GameStop dropped the trade value of the series x controller, from $33 to $27.50, cheeky bastards…

My games already arrived. Shipping was extremely fast.
Same here my B2G1 shipped from a (newer?) DCs = 1 day shipping! As always for switch gamers - remember to check if the pre-owned game coins have been redeemed already! 3/3 here = $1.80 to put towards... FF pixel remaster hopefully? :cold:

HgqvY1b.png

As mentioned by others plus some more:
Kirby Star Allies $42 -> $25
Paper Mario Oragami King $42 -> $25
Mario Odyssey $38 -> $25
Let's Go Pikachu $33 -> $27
1-2 Switch $28 -> $22
Immortals (All Systems) $23 -> $17
Watchdogs Legion $19 -> $15
Wonderful 101 $14 -> $10

I made a return because some games arrived in bad condition. To clarify, the system still asks the associates for the payment method used for online orders. I originally used a GameStop gift card, but was given cash back instead.

Do GS still take in Wii games? Last night, I tried to trade a mint complete copy of Mario Kart, Super Mario Galaxy, and Mario Party 8 for credit and was surprised they rejected all of them.

$22 base for my old, black DS4 isn't half bad :joystick:
not bad, but these are in short supply. Should be an easy sell on Marketplace for $40. Don't forget you can still use your DS4 to play ps4 games on your ps5. Also DS4 controller works on your ps3 via Bluetooth or wired.

Do GS still take in Wii games? Last night, I tried to trade a mint complete copy of Mario Kart, Super Mario Galaxy, and Mario Party 8 for credit and was surprised they rejected all of them.
I think it depends on the store. I'm in central Ohio and had one store deny the trade too. I went to a different store and they did it but said they have to send them all to the warehouse since they don't sell them in store.

As mentioned by others plus some more:
Kirby Star Allies $42 -> $25
Paper Mario Oragami King $42 -> $25
Mario Odyssey $38 -> $25
Let's Go Pikachu $33 -> $27
1-2 Switch $28 -> $22
Immortals (All Systems) $23 -> $17
Watchdogs Legion $19 -> $15
Wonderful 101 $14 -> $10
Immortals now trades for $8; watch dogs for $7

Bunch of trade value drops today.

Status