2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do yall usually double-dip on online? I'd like eShop or Xbox credit but that won't work.

Also, just got my NIB BOTW Nintendo grip and they didn't tell me it looked just like a pre-owned red grip. Hm....
I converted most of my $30 gc for $10 stuff to Xbox credit

No dice at 4 stores nearby. 2 didn’t have any used copies, 1 had a newly placed tag for $54.99 and another had an old tag of $64.99.

One store had a tag that said $64.99 and the other store had the tag that said $29.99 but it rang up higher so the employee called the manager from the back who ripped the $29.99 tag off and said "sorry, wrong price, someone else must have switched the tag with another game". He then scolded the employee and told him not to bother him on his lunch break again. Normally I would be pissed but this is GS so I'm not really surprised. I also didn't want the game that badly so I didn't bother fighting it.

One store had a tag that said $64.99 and the other store had the tag that said $29.99 but it rang up higher so the employee called the manager from the back who ripped the $29.99 tag off and said "sorry, wrong price, someone else must have switched the tag with another game". He then scolded the employee and told him not to bother him on his lunch break again. Normally I would be pissed but this is GS so I'm not really surprised. I also didn't want the game that badly so I didn't bother fighting it.
Sad story all around. I feel for the employee.

Not really what I meant. I mean the monthly cert.
Sadly there's not really anything good to spend it on the site right now. If the stock locator actually worked properly then it would be easy to use because you could just use store pickup. But since you can't use it on DOTD items, sales, etc. and you have to pay shipping for anything under $35 there's not really a good reason to use it.

Call them out on that BS. Every sticker has the name of the game on it.

Sadly there's not really anything good to spend it on the site right now. If the stock locator actually worked properly then it would be easy to use because you could just use store pickup. But since you can't use it on DOTD items, sales, etc. and you have to pay shipping for anything under $35 there's not really a good reason to use it.
Yeah, I was trying to hold off on going back to GS tomorrow, but they might not be leaving me with much choice.

When do you guys think GameStop will do the 50% extra trade credit for ps4 and Xbox one? I want to get the oled switch and am wondering if GameStop is going to have that incentive?
50% extra credit for Xbox One and PS4 would be too rich for GameStop I would think. They just had a promotion over Fourth of July weekend for an extra $30 credit for any version of Xbox One and PS4 (Switch too I think).

Ordered a switch for a friend and an extra switch from the b1g1 glitch 🙏 grapevine is close so usually win on these

Hold up, people in this thread haven't blocked Jurai yet?

You'd be more successful begging a rock to become a perpetual motion device. Not worth debasing yourself for $300 just on the questionable word of something afraid to share with a forum that it seems to spend a LOT of time on, and that's gullibly assuming what it says is true. But maybe this'll work out for ya PM'ers.

EDIT - Wow, even got the great and powerful Doctor Soonerdoc himself begging for scraps!

Sweet! In for 5 free Switches!

HEgBYor.png

Sorry, I have no clue how to get a free switch or about this supposed glitch - just a reminder to definitely believe everything you read on the internet.  :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back