2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
GameStop now prorates their Buy2get1 1 deals online. The last time I ordered 3 $12.99 games together the receipt displayed 1 $12.99 game, the other 2 ganes were split into $6.50 each on the receipt.
this must be ymmv because my games from the buy 3 get 2 free show the 2 free games as $0 on the receipt.

GameStop now prorates their Buy2get1 1 deals online. The last time I ordered 3 $12.99 games together the receipt displayed 1 $12.99 game, the other 2 ganes were split into $6.50 each on the receipt.
Were the two split games the same title? That's the only time I've seen that happen on my packing slips.

this must be ymmv because my games from the buy 3 get 2 free show the 2 free games as $0 on the receipt.
It's definitely YMMV. I have seen both. I see it pro-rated 100% of the time when I order 3 of the same game.

I think its only on preowned games, but I could be wrong.

It seems certain games are exempt from the current promos. For example I tried buying 2 fallen legion revenants for switch new and 2 used games, got zero promos. Switched the Revenants for 2 Trails of cold steel iv, and got the 2 new 50% off 1 used AND the spend $150 get $20 off promos. Picked up Xenoblade 2 for $27.50, and Gravity Rush remastered for $30. Both are still in stock. So assume Skyward Sword is one of the blocked promo games then.

Yeah you're right , must be a 2nd re-print of Gravity Rush Remastered.  Last time all the copies came complete as far as I know.  Looks like theres a ton for sale on Ebay now as well.

Just picked up the ME remastered edition along with some Pops to push it over the $75 minimum, and worked without issue on a New copy (the only edition listed on their website). Makes the game technically $35, so I shouldn't feel too bad when it drops lower for BF (but I probably will).

Added a bunch of different stuff to my cart playing around trying to see what works with the current promos. Was able to get the $20 off $150 and 50% off used to stack in the same cart along with my monthly cert. It seems like some games are coded to work with the % off used and some to work with the $10/$20 off. So promos definitely stack in some way. Ultimately I didn't buy anything because I felt like I could get a better deal on just about everything just by waiting a bit.

Added a bunch of different stuff to my cart playing around trying to see what works with the current promos. Was able to get the $20 off $150 and 50% off used to stack in the same cart along with my monthly cert. It seems like some games are coded to work with the % off used and some to work with the $10/$20 off. So promos definitely stack in some way. Ultimately I didn't buy anything because I felt like I could get a better deal on just about everything just by waiting a bit.
Got the following to work:

2X Trails of Cold Steel IV PS4
1X Demons Souls Remake
1X Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart

Granted unfortunately R&C isn't available for shipping used.

Found a used copy of skyward sword and was able to use a birthday coupon and stack with promo.

Dear GameStop employees,

2) Stop making up fake ass gatekeeping rules for used copies of new “hot” games. The hold policy for a call in customer is till the end of the day, not whatever bullshit timeframe you make up to try ensure they won’t be able to pick it up. The popular one I have run into several times is “oh this game is NEW so we can’t hold it for you for longer than…(insert made up timeframe that isn’t till end of day)
The problem with this is now the GameStop website uses stores for inventory, so if an order comes in that MUST be fulfilled by the store unless it's a wrong inventory count issue. The store I shop at will say something like "I'll hold it until the end of the day but if an online order comes in I have to fulfill that first."

The problem with this is now the GameStop website uses stores for inventory, so if an order comes in that MUST be fulfilled by the store unless it's a wrong inventory count issue. The store I shop at will say something like "I'll hold it until the end of the day but if an online order comes in I have to fulfill that first."
Fulfill by putting the wrong game (or nothing) in the open box. Yay!

Yeah you're right , must be a 2nd re-print of Gravity Rush Remastered.  Last time all the copies came complete as far as I know.  Looks like theres a ton for sale on Ebay now as well.
And it's already out of stock. As you mentioned there's at on eBay because scalpers have literally bought up every reprint of it so far. I've always been for physical gaming but scalpers and limited prints are ruining that. You're better off buying digital copies on sale than paying above MSRP for games that are several years old so some dude can make a few buckets profit after fees and prevents people who just want to own or play a copy from getting it. By the time you add a game to the cart and try to check out it's already sold out these days if it's niche or rare. Amiibos are even worse. But I also blame anyone paying well above MSRP for these games on eBay. Without the buyers the scalpers wouldn't have an incentive to do this.

And it's already out of stock. As you mentioned there's at on eBay because scalpers have literally bought up every reprint of it so far. I've always been for physical gaming but scalpers and limited prints are ruining that. You're better off buying digital copies on sale than paying above MSRP for games that are several years old so some dude can make a few buckets profit after fees and prevents people who just want to own or play a copy from getting it. By the time you add a game to the cart and try to check out it's already sold out these days if it's niche or rare. Amiibos are even worse. But I also blame anyone paying well above MSRP for these games on eBay. Without the buyers the scalpers wouldn't have an incentive to do this.
You're new to this, huh?

If it makes you feel better, I don’t see much in it for said scalpers, although I understand it makes it harder for people that actually want the game. This is the 2nd/3rd reprint in recent months and then stock usually lasts a day, despite it being widely marketed here, on twitter, etc. It’s already down probably 40% from what it was worth a few months ago and like you said eBay is already flooded, excluding the presumable thousands that are yet to ship from this round. Also good for gamers/bad for scalpers that it’s $9 digitally. And best believe there is more of this copy on the way for physical versions.

The used copy of Danganronpa 1-2 reload for PS4 I recently ordered was delivered today…and of course it was the European/PEGI version.
Should I bother trying to return it in store first or does anyone recommend calling their customer service to get it refunded (doubt they can replace it as it’s rare)

The used copy of Danganronpa 1-2 reload for PS4 I recently ordered was delivered today…and of course it was the European/PEGI version.
Should I bother trying to return it in store first or does anyone recommend calling their customer service to get it refunded (doubt they can replace it as it’s rare)
Sucks, I saw two in stock a few days ago and considered getting a copy, you probably grabbed one of those as I rarely see it in stock.

I'd personally suck it up. It plays the same as the ESRB version.

Gravity Rush Remastered is back in stock again today, for anyone interested in picking it up.

Gravity Rush Remastered is back in stock again today, for anyone interested in picking it up.
Glad to see Gravity Rush RM finally getting some love, albeit I didn't like the game much (that camera).

Another example of a solid game getting attention after the studio responsible for it bites the dust. I'm doubtful Sony would bother reprinting Gravity Rush 2, but may be if there is enough sales with 1, it'll reconsider. Sales of Gravity Rush were so bad, however, so I'm doubtful these small reprints are doing much of anything.

Sucks, I saw two in stock a few days ago and considered getting a copy, you probably grabbed one of those as I rarely see it in stock.
I'd personally suck it up. It plays the same as the ESRB version.
Unless it's strictly for collection purposes, I would just keep it since there's no DLC with those games so you don't have to worry about getting a UK account for the DLC.

Although NIS is asking fans what games from their catalog should be reprinted and one of the options is the Danganronpa Trilogy set.

I haven't shopped at Gamestop in forever, is buying a preowned game still a crapshoot between getting the original case & art or has that improved? I'm thinking of getting Demon's Souls - I figure most PS5 games are complete, just figured I'd ask.

if its recent theres a decent chance case will be there.
2-3 years old and most likely not

still a crapshoot

I haven't shopped at Gamestop in forever, is buying a preowned game still a crapshoot between getting the original case & art or has that improved? I'm thinking of getting Demon's Souls - I figure most PS5 games are complete, just figured I'd ask.
I haven't bought anything from Gamestop in a long time as well (and that's unlikely to change), but I'd be surprised if the odds of getting the original case/art had improved much. As you mention, though, I'd think for PS5, the odds are in your favor.

Back when the ps5 first released in my local Gamestop they weren't putting used ps5 games out for display even if they were in stock. But the employees were nice enough to show me the traded in ps5 games whenever I visited so maybe you could try that if you're hesistant about ordering online. That was how i got my demons souls and some of the other launch ps5 games used within the first few weeks of release.

Contact the District Manager through another store. Customer service is a shitty 3rd party company.

Do the survey and ask to be contacted by the DM or upper management. In the meantime if you have time, go to the store and speak to the store manager / lead. Explain the situation, showing proof that you already got Pro not that long ago and there was no reason for them to re-up you.

The survey is the easiest way to get in contact with someone though. Do that and provide as much detail as possible.
Update - took nearly a week but my pro account is restored, I got a $30 gift card in the mail today, & all my points are back in my account as well. The district manager never called or responded to my negative experience surveys. This was all handed by their customer service hotline

*Originally what happened was a gamestop employee snuck a pro renewal onto my purchase using my points, called gamestop customer service to file a complaint and customer service responded by canceling my pro membership

If you bought it cheap enough then I'd keep it. What bothers me about PEGI games is that they look cheaper overall and usually have plain font text and a white background on the spines instead of actual logos and colors like the NTSC versions and even their rating logos and boxes in general look amateurish. I have a few PEGI games because occasionally Amazon or GS like you said will send them out and I don't bother returning them if they were cheap and the NTSC versions are too expensive in comparison. But they don't really look as professional as NTSC versions. At least Asian or Japanese releases sometimes have more interesting box art than NTSC so those actually look cool in a collection. PEGI is the worst of both worlds if you're a collector. So if you bought a game for $20 and the NA version is $70 in comparison then I'd keep the PEGI version. But there's no way in hell I'd keep a PEGI version for full price.

Prices seem to fluctuate a lot lately. Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts has been bouncing between $6.99 and 17.99 and back amongst other games.

Is there a way to order online and pay when you pickup in store? I swear you used to be able to do this, they even encouraged it by then telling you to bring in trades?

Is there a way to order online and pay when you pickup in store? I swear you used to be able to do this, they even encouraged it by then telling you to bring in trades?
Those were just hold requests. Because people were placing holds and not going to pick up the requested items, it was wasting too much employee time, so they scrapped it. There are a few "buy now, pay later" methods at checkout if you want to try those.

Those were just hold requests. Because people were placing holds and not going to pick up the requested items, it was wasting too much employee time, so they scrapped it. There are a few "buy now, pay later" methods at checkout if you want to try those.
Note that buy now pay later does NOT work on preorders. I know from experience.

Ok thanks. I renewed my PRO and wanted to try and use the $5 welcome on a game with cheaper online price than trying to do the coupon plus a price match in store.

This doesn't solve the problem because most items are not available to buy even if they're in stock at the store. They either just say "out of stock" if they have only 1 left (majority of items) or they're not available to check for in store inventory to buy even if they have plenty in stock. It seems like they've moving more and more to just using stores as fulfillment centers and to pre-order items/push warranties/trade-ins and basic purchases are unwanted to the point where they are actively trying to prevent them. So much for the whole Chewy thing being customer oriented and improving customer service. They were better before that happened.

:switch: Zombie Army Trilogy is on sale for $12.99

I had a funny chat price matching online at Target (since no GS nearby has stock and Target would be free shipping). The rep initially said he couldn't pm because it didn't meet their pm rules. I pulled up the rules, copy/pasted the exclusions, and asked which exclusion was the problem. He replied "Sold Out Sales"; ie, he thought the deal was dead when that's just the name of the publisher. Got the pm after clearing that up ^^

Any chance details of the weekly ad that starts Sunday will be released today? I need to trade in a few games but wanted to see if any bonus $5 trade in offer starts tomorrow. I don’t usually track when the ad is released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back