2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the buy a new $29.99 game and get 30 percent off one pre-owned title working correctly in store?

I renewed my Pro membership last week (it doesn't expire for another couple months) and I saw that the receipt printed out with a coupon code for $5 off any one Gamestop item.  Is this a separate $5 code from my monthly $5 which I already used? This $5 coupon code that printed on the receipt does not show up in my power up membership active offers btw.

I renewed my Pro membership last week (it doesn't expire for another couple months) and I saw that the receipt printed out with a coupon code for $5 off any one Gamestop item. Is this a separate $5 code from my monthly $5 which I already used? This $5 coupon code that printed on the receipt does not show up in my power up membership active offers btw.
Yes, this is a welcome coupon for renewing. separate from the monthly.

And it's only valid for 2 weeks if I remember correctly.

I know it's probably a total crapshoot like always, but those of you who ordered Trails of Cold Steel IV on PS4 did it come brand new shrink wrapped? It's not worth keeping if it's not sealed, and I'll just be returning it.

I know it's probably a total crapshoot like always, but those of you who ordered Trails of Cold Steel IV on PS4 did it come brand new shrink wrapped? It's not worth keeping if it's not sealed, and I'll just be returning it.
If it's the last copy in stock then they'll send a gutted copy that is opened. If they have sealed copies then they'll send that. It's still worth keeping if it's opened just to play it like the rest of the games in the series, although when I ordered it used for PS4 they sent the Switch version instead...

If it's the last copy in stock then they'll send a gutted copy that is opened. If they have sealed copies then they'll send that. It's still worth keeping if it's opened just to play it like the rest of the games in the series, although when I ordered it used for PS4 they sent the Switch version instead...
Thanks for the heads up. Haven't bought anything in quite awhile, but sounds like GS has gone even more downhill in regards to whether new games come sealed and used games come complete since I last bought stuff.

I ordered it last week and sadly it was a gutted copy which seems to be the norm now. It came with everything but the annoying sticker they put to seal it leaves residue on the case. Copy I bought earlier this year was sealed

They have a banner that says you get a $15 gift card when you renew PUR using Klarna

[attachment=35826:gs-klarna-offer.png]

Edit:

Terms

Terms and Conditions:** Get a $15 GameStop electronic gift card when you join PowerUp Rewards (PUR) or upgrade your PowerUp Rewards subscription to PowerUp Reward Pro in a single transaction at GameStop.com and use Klarna at checkout as the sole method of payment. Limit of one $15 eGift card per Klarna user. Offer valid for Gamestop.com purchases made from 12:01am ET on July 25, 2021 until at 11:59pm ET on July 31, 2021. Canceling or returning your purchase may affect eligibility to receive an electronic gift card in connection with this promotion. Your gift card will be sent via email to the address associated with the Klarna account used at checkout approximately 30 days after your qualifying purchase. Note that Klarna may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from GameStop.com until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped. Klarna reserves the right to change eligibility determinations in the event of suspected fraud or other abuse. Void where prohibited.

Disclaimer: The GameStop PUR Exclusive Offer is provided by Klarna Inc. and GameStop Corp., and is not sponsored by or associated with Apple or Google.

Do the online rewards coupons not work on figures and model kits?

I redeemed a $15 one and tried to use it on a Gundam model kit that was part of this sale just now and it wouldn't apply.

Do the online rewards coupons not work on figures and model kits?

I redeemed a $15 one and tried to use it on a Gundam model kit that was part of this sale just now and it wouldn't apply.
I'm pretty sure the online certs don't work on anything on sale, sometimes they don't work on anything at all. But if it's not working customer service will refund you the points.

Well my order of Catherine DOTD for $15 arrived gutted without any circular sticker outside for Switch. The cartridge also wasn't sealed and contact points look slightly scratched is this normal for new Switch cartridges?

I'm a new Switch owner, so thought I'd ask. Holy fkin hell GS, all my previous DOTD orders have arrived gutted NEW. First 13 sentinels $25, Nocturne Remaster $30 and now Catherine...

Well my order of Catherine DOTD for $15 arrived gutted without any circular sticker outside for Switch. The cartridge also wasn't sealed and contact points look slightly scratched is this normal for new Switch cartridges?

I'm a new Switch owner, so thought I'd ask. Holy fkin hell GS, all my previous DOTD orders have arrived gutted NEW. First 13 sentinels $25, Nocturne Remaster $30 and now Catherine...
ALWAYS order 2 copies of whatever niche "new" game you want. The chances of them splitting them are insanely low, so your order will always get sent to the warehouse or will get bounced to a store with 2 copies left (1 sealed, 1 gutted) and just return the second copy. It's as easy as that. Helps get to $35 for free shipping as well.

But I'd hold onto it, order it when it comes back into stock, and return the one you got regardless. No idea what a sealed cartridge is but the "scratches" you mention are likely the white production ones you see aligned on every single cartridge, so no problem there if you don't want to return.

ALWAYS order 2 copies of whatever niche "new" game you want. The chances of them splitting them are insanely low, so your order will always get sent to the warehouse or will get bounced to a store with 2 copies left (1 sealed, 1 gutted) and just return the second copy. It's as easy as that. Helps get to $35 for free shipping as well.

But I'd hold onto it, order it when it comes back into stock, and return the one you got regardless. No idea what a sealed cartridge is but the "scratches" you mention are likely the white production ones you see aligned on every single cartridge, so no problem there if you don't want to return.
Yeah, I actually ordered 2 copies of the Catherine DOTD and used game to get free shipping. This particular copy that arrived gutted wasn't SEALED outside the case with a circular tape. Now I bet they are going go give me a hard time returning it...

The local store had a factory SEALED Nocturne, so I had no trouble swapping that one out...

ALWAYS order 2 copies of whatever niche "new" game you want. The chances of them splitting them are insanely low, so your order will always get sent to the warehouse or will get bounced to a store with 2 copies left (1 sealed, 1 gutted) and just return the second copy. It's as easy as that.
I disagree from my experience. Even when ordering two copies of niche games (NIS, Atlus, Koei, etc.), the shipments get split up all the time. I ordered 2 copies of trails as well two days ago, and those were split. And when I bought a ton of copies of fallen legion, it was always two at a time, and 90% were shipped 1 at a time from two different stores. I agree you might as well order two and you'll likely have better odds, but to say odds are "insanely low", I think is misleading. I think it doesn't help that since these are niche games, stores probably get like two copies max of these thing.

Good news is online returns makes things so much better now. A lot of stores won't let you return open games even with receipt, even though they know their practices.

I tried getting Observer System Redux Day One Edition. PlayAsia said it would release in July in the US and UK but nobody, not even GameStop have it. Does anybody know why?

I disagree from my experience. Even when ordering two copies of niche games (NIS, Atlus, Koei, etc.), the shipments get split up all the time. I ordered 2 copies of trails as well two days ago, and those were split. And when I bought a ton of copies of fallen legion, it was always two at a time, and 90% were shipped 1 at a time from two different stores. I agree you might as well order two and you'll likely have better odds, but to say odds are "insanely low", I think is misleading. I think it doesn't help that since these are niche games, stores probably get like two copies max of these thing.

Good news is online returns makes things so much better now. A lot of stores won't let you return open games even with receipt, even though they know their practices.
They have gotten so much worse with selling open as new since COVID. Unless it’s a very new release, chances are like 70%+ that your new game is not coming new and may or may not have the sticky seal to ruin the case. It used to only be occasional. I just received two “new” copies of deadly premonition 2 in the same package, I think from a store. Both open and just one with sticky seal. Both look like they have done the rounds through a few goodwills and thrift shops already.

They have a banner that says you get a $15 gift card when you renew PUR using Klarna

attachicon.gif
gs-klarna-offer.png

Edit:

Terms

Terms and Conditions:** Get a $15 GameStop electronic gift card when you join PowerUp Rewards (PUR) or upgrade your PowerUp Rewards subscription to PowerUp Reward Pro in a single transaction at GameStop.com and use Klarna at checkout as the sole method of payment. Limit of one $15 eGift card per Klarna user. Offer valid for Gamestop.com purchases made from 12:01am ET on July 25, 2021 until at 11:59pm ET on July 31, 2021. Canceling or returning your purchase may affect eligibility to receive an electronic gift card in connection with this promotion. Your gift card will be sent via email to the address associated with the Klarna account used at checkout approximately 30 days after your qualifying purchase. Note that Klarna may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from GameStop.com until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped. Klarna reserves the right to change eligibility determinations in the event of suspected fraud or other abuse. Void where prohibited.

Disclaimer: The GameStop PUR Exclusive Offer is provided by Klarna Inc. and GameStop Corp., and is not sponsored by or associated with Apple or Google.
Can you take advantage of it even if you already have an active PUR?

My July $5 monthly reward certificate is not working with Digital purchases on gamestop.com today. Tried on $10 eshop and $10 Xbox Gift Card. Worked fine at end of June. Anyone else?

Happen to know if this is temporary or permanent? 

Madden preorder bonus did not work for me today. Store manager/leader had to override it and he didnt do the greatest job on rounding the percentages into dollars...ugh. oh well...i still came out well. 

Does anyone know if you cancel a preorder and reorder it on a different system (xbox one to ps4) would you get the bonus if you were doing a trade in as well?

So first DotD disappears and now the in-store pickup option is gone? Hopefully it's just a glitch as far as in-store pickup is concerned.

I have Madden 22 and BF2042 pre-ordered at my home store. Probably going to cancel both and buy a game or some PS or Xbox space bucks. I really don't feel like trading games right now. Plus I want to actually play them before trading them. /rant

Regarding store pickup being removed - I called it yesterday with them wanting to get away from in store transactions as much as possible unless it's for trade ins, pre-orders, warranties, etc. They don't want you to come in to buy a random game anymore. They would rather just do that type of business via online fulfillment. Chewy wasn't about better customer service, it's about turning GS into as much of an online only store as possible other than things they haven't figured out how to do without a retail store yet (trade ins and the other things I mentioned).

So first DotD disappears and now the in-store pickup option is gone? Hopefully it's just a glitch as far as in-store pickup is concerned.

I have Madden 22 and BF2042 pre-ordered at my home store. Probably going to cancel both and buy a game or some PS or Xbox space bucks. I really don't feel like trading games right now. Plus I want to actually play them before trading them. /rant
Sometimes it's not a matter of it being a glitch as much as them testing something out such as the -1 store pickup option which they went back and forth on before removing it entirely. Their decisions are usually intentional, even if they're not completely sure about them yet. Also, please play your games before trading them. It's not a contest about who flips the most or has the most store credit, it's about enjoying your games.

Can't see pre-orders either. Just says:

Online January 27, 2017

Pre-Order
Available: TBD

Feel like with all this messing with the features of the website, pro membership, etc. that this info could get "lost" in the shuffle. Have a couple active pre-orders open, that I can't even remember how much I have down or where all I have pre-orders open. Some are pretty old/have been open for like a year (NBA 2k21, Spider-Man Miles Morales, and maybe one other pre-order that is either all paid off or partially paid off).

I had an in store pre-order fully paid off that I went to pick up six days after release.  They didn’t have any copies, said it must have sold out.  Not a big deal.  I forgot to even ask what happens to my money though.  Anyone know?

I had an in store pre-order fully paid off that I went to pick up six days after release. They didn’t have any copies, said it must have sold out. Not a big deal. I forgot to even ask what happens to my money though. Anyone know?
You either cancel it for a refund or roll it onto another preorder. The latter is an option if you don't want the employee to take the -1 in metrics.

You either cancel it for a refund or roll it onto another preorder. The latter is an option if you don't want the employee to take the -1 in metrics.
Thanks, guess I assumed the rep just canceled it when they couldn’t fulfill, but then had the thought, wait, this is GameStop…I also paid for the pre-order by returning a game from a different order. Hopefully they could figure out where to refund the money still, but this is GameStop. I’ll have to follow up next time I’m there.

Thanks, guess I assumed the rep just canceled it when they couldn’t fulfill, but then had the thought, wait, this is GameStop…I also paid for the pre-order by returning a game from a different order. Hopefully they could figure out where to refund the money still, but this is GameStop. I’ll have to follow up next time I’m there.
I think they had a new policy that if a pre order isn't picked up within 30 days it can only be refunded as credit so if you paid cash/card I'd do it sooner than later.

So just adding on to the mystery pre-orders/I can’t remember chat. If you change the phone number on your account online, as opposed to in-store, your pre-orders will stay attached to the old phone number and disappear off your account. They can still be found in store if they look them up by phone number, but they won’t show up on your account proper. The SL or whoever will have to cancel the preorders off the old number, put the deposits onto a trade card, then re-order or purchase them on your main account. Happened to me around Skyward release at multiple stores, all unable to see any pre-orders on my account.

Can a $15 coupon be used towards a used game? What about a game on sale? Wondering if I could use it on Dark Souls 3 for $14.88 or does it need to be at least $15? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back