2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the other 5 games from my order during the sale. All of the cases were smashed and one of the games that was supposed to be new was missing. At least I was just going to trade them all in for a flip. Talked to customer service and they are replacing the game that was missing.

I'm guessing someone was stealing the games and was only interested in Catherine.

Any G2L games coming up? Seems like they only ever advertise it in store from what I see here, but I tend to never go to the b&m locations unless trading stuff.

Yes, G2L is the right term. Employees are always confused. Most of the time they have no idea what their current sales or trade promos are and deny they exist until they ring up at the register. Your problem was asking them instead of just letting the register do its thing.
Problem with the G2L program is it actually requires the employee to manually input the EBC code from the receipt in order to receive the full $60/$70 back. The register doesn't just do the work for them, unlike the trade-in credit boost promotions when you pre-order a game. And I think that is why most employees just process G2L games as a return (instead of a trade), is because they don't know wtf they're doing. Or as is the case with one moronic employee I encountered, straight up refused to give me the full amount back in TIC (or even a refund), and told me to go pound sand.

Have you tried to use clear packing tape to remove it? As a last resort I would try goo gone, mainly because I hate the greasy feel it leaves behind.
Thanks a million for that tip. Against my better instincts I ordered 6 new games over the past week from GS because I thought they had been trying to send actual new games ordered online. Bad choice on my part. Got 1 actual sealed game and 5 games with that stupid clear sticker on the side with all manner of stickers on the front of the cases (One case totally crushed and splintered, and 2 games the disc in the case upside down lol). The clear packing tape method did great on the residue from those nasty side stickers. Takes a few minutes, but gets off all the residue. I'll just take the extra time it takes to price match with Best Buy from now on. Much better to receive sealed new games that I don't have to spend time working on to get residue off of after spending a lot of money. I'm a slow learner.

Or as is the case with one moronic employee I encountered, straight up refused to give me the full amount back in TIC (or even a refund), and told me to go pound sand.
That must be the Chewy commitment to great customer service that I've been hearing about and how they're going to rebuild GS and improve everything about it.

Is it random what kind of 5 dollar off coupon you get each month?

I only had one for instore this month.

Also is free shipping done? I don't see it listed on the site anymore and I hit the free shipping amount and its not being applied.

My neo twewy from the b3g2 came today. New and sealed happily with the magnets.  It'll go in the backlog for right now since I still have to play Disgaea 6 Ys 9 and Pokemon Snap.  

My neo twewy from the b3g2 came today. New and sealed happily with the magnets. It'll go in the backlog for right now since I still have to play Disgaea 6 Ys 9 and Pokemon Snap.
What B3G2? Dont recall that happening for over a year. Was that one of those glitches that everyone freaked out about being posted here thinking it would last longer if it was "secret"?

NVM: Saw it happened late may apparently. Sephiroth looks like the guilty one who freaked

What B3G2? Dont recall that happening for over a year. Was that one of those glitches that everyone freaked out about being posted here thinking it would last longer if it was "secret"?

NVM: Saw it happened late may apparently. Sephiroth looks like the guilty one who freaked
tenor.gif

My neo twewy from the b3g2 came today. New and sealed happily with the magnets. It'll go in the backlog for right now since I still have to play Disgaea 6 Ys 9 and Pokemon Snap.
In my order, the magnets say “awaiting product availability”, so I don’t think I’m receiving a set.

Quick question is it safe to buy used copies of Witcher 3 for the Switch and Mass Effect Legendary for the XB used? I won’t be missing out on anything that would have been accessed via a code or anything?

Thanks

I canceled part of my order but they sent it anyway and didn't charge me. Should I feel guilty? Should I return it? Also, it came from Toynk through Gamestop, if that makes a difference.

I canceled part of my order but they sent it anyway and didn't charge me. Should I feel guilty? Should I return it? Also, it came from Toynk through Gamestop, if that makes a difference.
It's all up to you. If they didn't charge you, it's totally in your hands how you play this out.

Just for the love of god don't try to return the items.....please.

This happened to me over Xmas. Got sent something i cancelled. Quickly realized it would cause more problems / hassle to deal with CS. I just gave it to a friend.
I also bought an Xbox game on sale and they sent me the Switch version instead which was not on sale. I thought about returning it but figured it would cause a lot of hassle since the receipt isn't for the Switch version.

Quick question is it safe to buy used copies of Witcher 3 for the Switch and Mass Effect Legendary for the XB used? I won’t be missing out on anything that would have been accessed via a code or anything?

Thanks
From what I've seen, all content for those games are on-cart/disc, so you should be fine to buy them used.

Shot in the dark, but why not ask - if someone hasn't used their monthly coupon yet, I'd like to try it online to save on a Funko that's on sale for one more day (goes off-sale before the August coupon is issued). Went in today to grab the usual Xbox credit, and only saw the Pop was on sale after. By then the code was gone from my account. This is of course assuming that things still work how I believe, and you can use it online first before using it again in-store?

Thanks
I can confirm MELE doesn't have any code-based DLC, just make sure you get two discs in the box. One's an install I believe.

You should look at it as karma working itself out for all of the ways that GS steals from people on a daily basis (sneaking on refurb fees and warranties to customers who aren't alert enough, sending out "new" games in plain envelopes and then wasting your time and gas having to return it, refusing to honor advertised promotions or ending them early without telling anyone, constantly lying to customers, throwing out perfectly good cases without even recycling them so the plastic ends up in landfills, etc.)

Shot in the dark, but why not ask - if someone hasn't used their monthly coupon yet, I'd like to try it online to save on a Funko that's on sale for one more day (goes off-sale before the August coupon is issued). Went in today to grab the usual Xbox credit, and only saw the Pop was on sale after. By then the code was gone from my account. This is of course assuming that things still work how I believe, and you can use it online first before using it again in-store?
Unless they changed it, you can't use someone else's coupon as it won't work on your account

Unless they changed it, you can't use someone else's coupon as it won't work on your account
I miss the good old days of generic coupon codes such as the 20% off birthday coupons that people all enjoyed and shared with each other every month. It was a sad day when GS caught on to this and improved their systems so that the coupons are now account specific.

Also, the monthly coupon doesn't work on sale, deal, or digital items :bomb:

I miss the good old days of generic coupon codes such as the 20% off birthday coupons that people all enjoyed and shared with each other every month. It was a sad day when GS caught on to this and improved their systems so that the coupons are now account specific.
Right there with you. You know you're getting old when you're reminiscing about GS deals from the "good old days". LOL

Went to use my PUR V4 coupon in store today to get Playstation credit. First the guy said they only had $5 Xbox credit (Playstation was $10 minimum), then when he tried to use the coupon he said it was invalid and called corporate about it. Which did nothing.

Gamestop never changes.

Remember Kongregate coupons?
Those were great. You can sign up for as many $5 coupons as you wanted on Kongregate every single day. GS acts like their current PUR Pro model where you get (technically...) one $5 coupon that has restrictions on nearly everything is a big deal when in the past they were handing out $5 off coupons that worked on everything like candy. AND they worked with 10% off if you had the discount card, too.

Went to use my PUR V4 coupon in store today to get Playstation credit. First the guy said they only had $5 Xbox credit (Playstation was $10 minimum), then when he tried to use the coupon he said it was invalid and called corporate about it. Which did nothing.

Gamestop never changes.
I think you're the first person I've seen to post something like this, other than me. I have never been able to use the monthly PUR cards on any type of sub or digital currency card at any GS in my area or with diff employees at the same GS. Granted, I only tried like 4-5 times since they started these monthly $5 certs but got shot down each time.

Gamestop never changes.
Not sure the restrictions of V4, but it is true that there is a $5 xbox digital code or $10 PSN digital code. As for the coupon not working, I never wait until the last day of the month to use the current months coupon because it always seems to either disappear or not work.

Not sure the restrictions of V4, but it is true that there is a $5 xbox digital code or $10 PSN digital code. As for the coupon not working, I never wait until the last day of the month to use the current months coupon because it always seems to either disappear or not work.
Hmm, I read about them being able to print $5 codes at the register, but maybe that's only for eshop & Xbox codes and not PSN? Either way, they added 5000 points to my account due to the coupon not working so I guess it worked out in the end.

The PUR welcome bonus code I got also seems to be V4 and I can't use it on anything I try online.

I know they are able to print $5 Nintendo eshop codes at the register if you ask them. I was not able to get the V4 coupon to work on it though, but the employee still manually override it and gave me the code for free. I think the V4 might have a price limit or something.

Hmm, I read about them being able to print $5 codes at the register, but maybe that's only for eshop & Xbox codes and not PSN? Either way, they added 5000 points to my account due to the coupon not working so I guess it worked out in the end.

The PUR welcome bonus code I got also seems to be V4 and I can't use it on anything I try online.
Yeah you read correctly. The only thing to note is if you decide to get a digital PS code printed on receipt, it has to be $10 as sony doesnt offer $5 codes unfortunately. Also good that you were reimbursed 5k for their coupon that doesn’t even work.

I know they are able to print $5 Nintendo eshop codes at the register if you ask them. I was not about to get the V4 coupon to work on it though, but the employee still manually override it and gave me the code for free. I think the V4 might have a price limit or something.
Then they changed something. Every month I’ve gotten a $5 eshop code at the register and said use the credit on my account.

Went HAM on a bunch of Switch pre-owned titles. They're corresponding with a decent sale, $10 for a lot of Switch games is my go to price, doubt they'll ever be lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back