2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing how you guys can’t go 2 weeks without reminding everyone how valuable your time is…while you waste your time making no money or skills by posting here. Talk about deals, say something nice, or don’t say anything at all.
End game of any forum is drama. Once you've reached max level CAG there is nothing else to do! :fridge:

The no-tax for trade-in credit has more to do with the state regulation dealing with double-taxation - since it assume you paid tax on the items you are  trading in I think? Similar to how when you trade a car in towards a new car, some states you are taxed on that TIV or somesuch. Anyone have a list of all the states that do and don't charge tax on GS trade-in credit?  :beer:

I screwed up and used trade credit to buy a system. I had already used it to preorder an LE. I was going to try to buy and return games bought with a gift card to refill the trade credit since I thought they were interchangeable. I tried to do the return today, but the cashier could only put it on a gift card or give me cash. Is there any other way to refill the trade credit?

I screwed up and used trade credit to buy a system. I had already used it to preorder an LE. I was going to try to buy and return games bought with a gift card to refill the trade credit since I thought they were interchangeable. I tried to do the return today, but the cashier could only put it on a gift card or give me cash. Is there any other way to refill the trade credit?
Trade games. Get trade credit.

Assuming the preorder is the only item on the order or none of the other items on that order have shipped you can change payment from the app/website prior to release.

3dTxJBo.png

Speaking of using trade credit online, since those transactions are taxed, you sometimes would prefer to get a return in-store on a gift card as you'd get tax back when refunded in GC vs TC depending on your state. :oldman: Of course, with web returns you can just wait...

so... I just found out I'm still banned on trades... long story short, I did a trade in February, then tried to trade again in early April but was told I couldn't trade. As far as I know, I did not exceed any limit or break any rules like trade in sealed games or something like that. I asked CS and they said they didn't know and a regional manager would contact me, then the RM told me that I got a trade ban, which she couldn't tell me why I received the ban, and it should last about 3 months. No problem, and now it's more than 3 months, I brought Horizon Zero Dawn with me to trade in, and the ban is STILL in effect... I suspect the only thing actually is preventing me from trading is my new ID (I moved to a new state and got a new ID), since the supposed "ban" happened when I tried to trade using my new ID back in April as well. Before that, I was using my old ID and everything was fine. Anybody has experience with this?

Another argument to flesh out the time management aspect of the discussion is that nobody on here has any other marketable skills they could be using their spare time for, thus they trade real cash for Gamestop credit and risk getting banned because of it. If you developed and marketed anything supplemental to your actual job, then you most likely wouldn't be wasting all that time looking for games to flip to Gamestop for a 1.5x trade credit return at best.

Yet another facet to the discussion is how close people live to these Gamestops. Not everyone has two Gamestops within a 30-minute detour of their daily routine. I'd consider anything more than 30 minutes a waste of time and gas, and the small returns being reported in these threads aren't even worth that trip.

Good to see more people acknowledge that there are real ways of making actual money as a side hustle. And then there's Gamestop trade-ins, which are closer to collecting bottles than anything.
Ah, now it makes sense why you spend so much time here and have >15,000 posts. Thanks for providing your own personal experience.

so... I just found out I'm still banned on trades... long story short, I did a trade in February, then tried to trade again in early April but was told I couldn't trade. As far as I know, I did not exceed any limit or break any rules like trade in sealed games or something like that. I asked CS and they said they didn't know and a regional manager would contact me, then the RM told me that I got a trade ban, which she couldn't tell me why I received the ban, and it should last about 3 months. No problem, and now it's more than 3 months, I brought Horizon Zero Dawn with me to trade in, and the ban is STILL in effect... I suspect the only thing actually is preventing me from trading is my new ID (I moved to a new state and got a new ID), since the supposed "ban" happened when I tried to trade using my new ID back in April as well. Before that, I was using my old ID and everything was fine. Anybody has experience with this?
I don’t think it has to do with id. If they weren’t willing or able to resolve it for you, you might be SOL. I suggest making a new account and see if you can trade that way.

Why not get a new account with the new ID?

I've been banned since late January and when it happened I was sure I didn't go over any limits. Hoping the ban is lifted since it's August and I attempted trades in May and June.

Same boat - escalated and didn't get an explanation or resolution. Both your ID and PUR account are likely flagged for trade ban, so you could try just doing a trade in with a new non-pro account and your existing ID, and if that doesn't work generate a new ID McLovin-style. :p Or just accept your fate and lurk the forums and only buy games you might actually want :rofl:

Real dedication to flipping would be to move and legally change your name to Flip B. McRang and transition to another gender to get a new ID. :shipfree:

I don’t think it has to do with id. If they weren’t willing or able to resolve it for you, you might be SOL. I suggest making a new account and see if you can trade that way.
This happened to me in fall of 2019. I kept good records and never exceeded the trade value. I think someone just didn't like that I was trading in so much, reported me, and a DM saw I was flipping games and banned me. I kept calling CS and they'd say "3 months." Well, every three months I'd try a trade, still banned. CS kept saying 3 months. 2 years later, still banned.

I created a new account. I traded in once (4 games for about $60) then that account was banned later that day. No IDs were used either. I used a different email and phone number that had never been used with the prior account.

I now have to trade on a friends account.

Do the GS PUR certs still have a quarterly expiration date? I haven't redeemed any since late 2019/early 2020 and I think I remember the certs have expiration dates that were at the end of the quarter one I redeemed in early Dec expired Dec 31 and the one I redeemed in late Jan expired in Mar 31. 

Do the GS PUR certs still have a quarterly expiration date? I haven't redeemed any since late 2019/early 2020 and I think I remember the certs have expiration dates that were at the end of the quarter one I redeemed in early Dec expired Dec 31 and the one I redeemed in late Jan expired in Mar 31.
Yeah, I redeemed one yesterday and the exp date is 09/30

Thought I was the only one that was thinking this... for a while, it was nice that they left you mostly alone but now it seems like they're back to trying to make a connection/be your buddy to make a sale.
I think corporate is forcing employees to hand out lists of upcoming releases to everyone that walks in. Whatever section someone goes to an employee is right behind with a preorder list pertinent to that section (Switch, XBox, Sony, PoP’s.)

I politely give it back to them saying “thanks, but save the paper I already know what’s coming out.”

Has anyone else gotten one of these yet? I went in a store to trade some games in and got this card with my receipt. I'll be going back tonight or tomorrow with some more stuff to trade in. 

yubbgxp.jpg

Has anyone else gotten one of these yet? I went in a store to trade some games in and got this card with my receipt. I'll be going back tonight or tomorrow with some more stuff to trade in.
I haven't traded in a while but I did see a box for a contest entry. I'm the kind of person who would rather have a 10% off coupon than small odds of winning something chosen for me.

I went to trade in a PS5 game today (first time) and it got a 20% PUR extra credit instead of the usual 10% PUR extra credit. I was surprised because I was going off of the value online.

Cool. Did you trade toward Madden too for that extra boost?
No, I avoid the pre-order bonuses because for me it is too much hassle to trade in if you don't love it. They want you to put all of your credit towards the game, up front, in some stores. I had a cashier once ask me why I did not like the game and then I had to come up with some bs so they would take the trade in (when the "if you don't love it" promo started). Some people on here mentioned that they did not even get the code printed out on their receipt.

No, I avoid the pre-order bonuses because for me it is too much hassle to trade in if you don't love it. They want you to put all of your credit towards the game, up front, in some stores. I had a cashier once ask me why I did not like the game and then I had to come up with some bs so they would take the trade in (when the "if you don't love it" promo started). Some people on here mentioned that they did not even get the code printed out on their receipt.
You could always just move the pre order over to something you do want later.

What he said:

You could always just move the pre order over to something you do want later.
And not only that, you could just not pick up the game then cancel it later when the employee won't care (though they likely wouldn't care regardless).

I went to trade in a PS5 game today (first time) and it got a 20% PUR extra credit instead of the usual 10% PUR extra credit. I was surprised because I was going off of the value online.
Can you post your receipt? Just wondering the other 10% rings up as, if it’s the reusable bag bonus or something else.

I got one of my packages from the Buy 5 under $20 for $50 sale and figured it was my first game (ordered 10 games total). I opened it up and got excited that it was complete, but then opened up the game case and it ended up being having 3 of my NS games from the sale in envelopes stuck inside the case. Oh Gamestop... LOL

Oh well, at least I got 1 complete game out of 4 so far... maybe the other 6 will be better. 

Got my 5 for 50 order today. They shipped 4 together and judgement separate. All 5 in original cases with inserts and such. Only hink was when I opened the judgement case there was no disc inside. First time I have encountered that. I've read about it on here. Guess I will take it to the nearest store and see if they can give me the disc.

Finally got my links awakening copy in from the deal of the day last month. I gave up expecting this one a few weeks ago and somehow it arrived complete

so first time this happened to me but I just got a gamestop order that came with the case and no game. What should I do?
Call GS customer service and explain the situation; if the game is still in-stock online, they will hopefully send you a replacement copy. Make sure you have the order number, order date, and tracking number for the missing-game shipment on-hand.

Okay I just contacted them through chat. They said they would give me a refund. Let's see if I actually get it. I am really dissappointed since it was xenoblade torna that was suppose to come.

Call GS customer service and explain the situation; if the game is still in-stock online, they will hopefully send you a replacement copy. Make sure you have the order number, order date, and tracking number for the missing-game shipment on-hand.

Wow unless you are buying Ratchet with 2 "new" $29.99 and up games, I can't see any self respecting CAG spending $64 on a game that can be beaten if a few days, unless they are planning on it being a free rental and returning it within the 7 or 30 day return policy. Also the last several games I bought "new" in store and online were all opened.

Okay I just contacted them through chat. They said they would give me a refund. Let's see if I actually get it. I am really dissappointed since it was xenoblade torna that was suppose to come.
That sucks man, that game is hard to find at a reasonable price.

Most of the games I had that came with no disc were all .99 cent games from a promo back in March. I came out ahead in those orders and didn't even bother contacting support except for 1 game. I hope this doesn't start becoming an issue again, I fear the reps will just think I'm lying after a while.

A few first-party digital Nintendo Swtich games and DLC are currently getting an extra 30% discount on top of the already discounted prices - discount appears in cart (credit to Wario64 on Twitter):

https://www.gamestop.com/search/?pmid=27322-GeneralPromos-80621SwitchDigital30

Plus you get the full Gold Point value for whatever game/DLC you redeem on the eShop.

I got Good Job, The Stretchers, the Snipperclips DLC, and the Fire Emblem Warriors Season Pass for ~$36 of Trade Credit and got 350 Gold Points!

*Discount doesn't seem to work for Mario Tennis Aces or Snipperclips but should for everything else on the page - make sure to select the 'Digital' version before adding to cart

Grabbed Good Job for $9.79. Came with 100 gold coins.

Also got my 5 for $50 used Switch games in. Bloodstained RotN, Umihara Kawase Fresh and Untitled Goose Game came with original cases, while Outer Worlds and Lego DC Super-Villains came generic. I call 3/5 a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back