2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow unless you are buying Ratchet with 2 "new" $29.99 and up games, I can't see any self respecting CAG spending $64 on a game that can be beaten if a few days, unless they are planning on it being a free rental and returning it within the 7 or 30 day return policy. Also the last several games I bought "new" in store and online were all opened.
I guess sometimes I'm not a true cag, and just a genuine fan sometimes. I bought Rift Apart day one because I want to support the franchise so they'll keep making them... but yea, new 1st party games are expensive.

I couldn't take advantage of Hyrule Warriors being 30% off because I bought it on eShop yesterday, but I did get Fire Emblem Warriors and its dlc for 30%.

Can you use the Gamestop.com Powerup Rewards certs on DLC? Want to get the Fire Emblem DLC but don't want to use the points if it won't work on that

my link's awakening tracking says it's supposed to be shipping from the same city as me so i am guessing the store never gave the package to fedex. wonder if the stores are able to look up their shipments so i can figure out which store it was and go pick it up...

Is there still a 30% bonus trade-in towards Skyward Sword and something else?  The website circular showed that to me, but I thought the promo was over...

I kind of want to trade in my physical Super Mario Party in lieu of the digital copy I grabbed.

For that matter, if NSMBU is still $41 digitally at Walmart, I can switch to digital for "free" if there is a 30% bonus at Gamestop when trading in the physical...

Will there be a better deal to trade in last gen hardware anytime soon? I wanna trade in my XBO and save up for the XSX.

Is there still a 30% bonus trade-in towards Skyward Sword and something else? The website circular showed that to me, but I thought the promo was over...

I kind of want to trade in my physical Super Mario Party in lieu of the digital copy I grabbed.

For that matter, if NSMBU is still $41 digitally at Walmart, I can switch to digital for "free" if there is a 30% bonus at Gamestop when trading in the physical...
For this week, it looks like the $5 bonus has replaced the 20% bonus towards Skyward Sword or Madden 22.

Just a sanity check because Gamestop changes so much lately: the value we're seeing on the trade-ins page does not reflect the $5 bonus right? One Punch Man currently sells for $14, but they're giving you $14.90 for trade-in!? It looks like lots of things that were (and still are) on sale recently are an easy trade-up.

Just a sanity check because Gamestop changes so much lately: the value we're seeing on the trade-ins page does not reflect the $5 bonus right? One Punch Man currently sells for $14, but they're giving you $14.90 for trade-in!? It looks like lots of things that were (and still are) on sale recently are an easy trade-up.
Trade values listed do not include the $5 bonus

Some trade value drops this morning and some went up, double check

When do they usually change the trade value sundays?
Usually it's been Sundays and Wednesdays for price and trade value changes, but it has varied lately. Sometimes during the middle of the day. Some trade value changes this morning.

checking the deals page, looks like cash same as credit is going on for hardware, accessories and tech trades

Did they take out Chivalry II for PC? Weekly ad has it for a decent price at $18, but it just links directly to the console versions

Just had an interesting interaction at the local gamestop today. I went to trade back in a game I bought for pickup the day before utilizing the $5 bonus. (I don't flip often for those wondering) It just so happens the same girl who rang me up the day before was there today.

"Didn't you just buy this game yesterday?"

"Yep. I beat it in a few hours so wanted to trade it back in"

"Why not just return it?"

"Nah it's fine I can just do a trade"

She then proceeds to look in the computer for the trade value ($18.20 with pro) and says "You must've paid more than that when you bought it yesterday" (I didn't) She THEN looks pulls up the price of the game NEW and says "oh yeah, you'd get a refund of $42.69. let me just do that." and hands me $42.69 in cash. No questions asked.

Of note: I did not have a copy of the original receipt on me, she claimed she couldn't find my order in the computer and i bought a much cheaper used copy.

I'm a bit conflicted on how to feel here. Hope she doesn't get in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back