2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
My 3 copies of Deadly Premonition 2 all came complete with the original cases shockingly! These looks like they were converted from new to used as 2 of the copies still had the clearance yellow sticker on them. 

Tried to trade in a few games for the +$5 and it looks like I might have received the rare and elusive perma-ban.

My last trade was on 1/2/21 but I'm still getting the "Exceeded Trade Limit" message after they put in my driver's license information (Nothing come up when they just put in my phone number at first). I've definitely made some flipping money from Gamestop over the years but I've always been careful not to get close to the limits.

I do admit I'll miss being able to easily dump games during these promos.

Tried to trade in a few games for the +$5 and it looks like I might have received the rare and elusive perma-ban.

My last trade was on 1/2/21 but I'm still getting the "Exceeded Trade Limit" message after they put in my driver's license information (Nothing come up when they just put in my phone number at first). I've definitely made some flipping money from Gamestop over the years but I've always been careful not to get close to the limits.

I do admit I'll miss being able to easily dump games during these promos.
You are about the 3rd person to mention that they got banned. I am starting to think that Gamestop has changed their parameters for getting banned. Did you do 3 of the same games or go over $500 in a month?

You are about the 3rd person to mention that they got banned. I am starting to think that Gamestop has changed their parameters for getting banned. Did you do 3 of the same games or go over $500 in a month?
Looking at my records, I did 2 of the same game at different stores and did go over $500 in trade credit in a month (but at that time around January, I believe the trade credit limit was $2000 so I was way under that and I never take cash).

Looking at my records, I did 2 of the same game at different stores and did go over $500 in trade credit in a month (but at that time around January, I believe the trade credit limit was $2000 so I was way under that and I never take cash).
My random theory: Once you've traded in the same game 50 times on a single account, your account gets perma-banned. That's the only indicator I can think of looking at my last datapoint. :whistle2:#

So they changed the trade credit limit to $500 a month and only 2 of the same games?

Is there no hope for Borderlands 3? Trades for exactly $5 should be eligible (but as others have mentioned:it's not) and I'm itching to get rid of that slogfest.

Is there no hope for Borderlands 3? Trades for exactly $5 should be eligible (but as others have mentioned:it's not) and I'm itching to get rid of that slogfest.
Nope, Gamestop clearly maintains a DB with eligible titles regardless of whether or not they meet the advertised dollar amounts. It's why you see titles that are under the minimum that get the $5 extra and those that meet it, like BL3, that don't get the extra.

if you can complain enough you can get a manual adjustment
really depends on how uptight they are

If anyone is making multiple stops today, Mario Rabbids is $9 pre-owned/$10 new and trades in for $12 + 10% PUR + $5. Some playstation greatest hits (Bloodborne, uncharted, LOU remastered) are also $5 base + $5, and I feel like these are on sale all of the time for $5 during the days of whatever sales. ACIII switch is also $12 base for those that got a free copy.

If anyone is making multiple stops today, Mario Rabbids is $9 pre-owned/$10 new and trades in for $12 + 10% PUR + $5. Some playstation greatest hits (Bloodborne, uncharted, LOU remastered) are also $5 base + $5, and I feel like these are on sale all of the time for $5 during the days of whatever sales. ACIII switch is also $12 base for those that got a free copy.
If you're picking up two copies of Mario Rabbids, you'll get 20% off both.

so is the disc version of fortnite on ps4 still fairly rare and sought after? just got it in a lot of ps4 games i paid $35 for and im debating keeping it or selling it off. came complete with 2 inserts (codes used). i looked on ebay but i didnt see many actual bids, just alot of high buy it now prices.

Anyone ever have trouble buying Xbox credit at GameStop using gift cards. I have done it multiple times including multiple times in the last few days. However I have another gift card and it will not go through. I get a “Oops. We can’t process your payment. Please select a different payment method or check your payment details including your billing address”. I get gift cards from various survey/health sites and apps and have done this multiple times and just yesterday got this. Literally used a different gift card hours before with no problems. Tried changing address and waiting 24 hours with no luck. Also used a different account and got the same error. Googled it and nobody seems to have a solution. Thought maybe someone here might know something.

so is the disc version of fortnite on ps4 still fairly rare and sought after? just got it in a lot of ps4 games i paid $35 for and im debating keeping it or selling it off. came complete with 2 inserts (codes used). i looked on ebay but i didnt see many actual bids, just alot of high buy it now prices.
Sell it. GameStop doesn't trade for it. I got one 2 years ago and sold it for $200. it may have gone down, but you will still be ahead.

Anyone ever have trouble buying Xbox credit at GameStop using gift cards. I have done it multiple times including multiple times in the last few days. However I have another gift card and it will not go through. I get a “Oops. We can’t process your payment. Please select a different payment method or check your payment details including your billing address”. I get gift cards from various survey/health sites and apps and have done this multiple times and just yesterday got this. Literally used a different gift card hours before with no problems. Tried changing address and waiting 24 hours with no luck. Also used a different account and got the same error. Googled it and nobody seems to have a solution. Thought maybe someone here might know something.
This happens to me when I buy alot of cards. It'll take a few days before you can buy more.

The birthday coupon for 20% off can be double dipped. Used it in store and can use it online as well. Not sure if it's been mentioned before.

Probably YMMV, but I was able to get the $5 bonus added to BL3 by pointing it out to the cashier. He had to hunt and peck for a bit, but was super cool in working with me. Just don’t be a jerk about it, and you might get lucky.

Place an order around 2pm, got the order confirmation, took money off my gift card, but its not showing up under my recent orders. When I try to search by my email and confirmation number nothing comes up. Anybody had this problem before?

Place an order around 2pm, got the order confirmation, took money off my gift card, but its not showing up under my recent orders. When I try to search by my email and confirmation number nothing comes up. Anybody had this problem before?
website is slow sometimes, as long as you dont get a cancel email it should be fine

Pretty much every order I've had since March

Got in on 3 copies of Mario Rabbids, 2 for flips and 1 for myself.
Gotta ask did you get them with credit or something? As I don't get why you would order them if you could just have gotten them at best buy or Amazon without the risk of coming cart only or no cart at all.

Anyone able to trade toward madden this week and get the 30% PRO trade bump? I’ve got some 3DS and Wii games - thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back