2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gravity Rush, Godzilla & Job Simulator all jumped to $69.99
Before pandemic, I figured these titles would have gotten reprinted. Especially, Gravity Rush and Job Simulator.

Even nowadays, you'd think no PS4 title would go for so much. Would love to see double packs on disc of Job Simulator and Vacation Simulator.

Before pandemic, I figured these titles would have gotten reprinted. Especially, Gravity Rush and Job Simulator.

Even nowadays, you'd think no PS4 title would go for so much. Would love to see double packs on disc of Job Simulator and Vacation Simulator.
The simulator games were made by a Google subsidiary. Considering how Google's track record for physical products, I'm not at all surprised that there was no re-print of those

Which ones were you looking at that went up? I'm not seeing it on the ones I've been waiting for (though they're not going down either).
Just as an example, Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Was $29.99 now $39.99. I know the chances of someone trading it in are basically 0 (and then the chances of the GameStop employee not buying it for himself are also 0) but I still check it sometimes, lol

Just as an example, Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Was $29.99 now $39.99. I know the chances of someone trading it in are basically 0 (and then the chances of the GameStop employee not buying it for himself are also 0) but I still check it sometimes, lol
was thinking 2 dropped in price but you were talking about torna

Anyone else having issues with getting logged out of the app and “For technical reasons, your request could not be handled properly at this time…” when trying to checkout on the site?

Anyone else having issues with getting logged out of the app and “For technical reasons, your request could not be handled properly at this time…” when trying to checkout on the site?
I have had issues with the app for a while and zero issues with the website. I would suggest avoiding the app for now.

Actually had a positive experience with GameStop just now.

Was doing a monthly receipt clean up and was looking at one for a bunch of trades I made on the 14th. Turns out they didn't scan my Mario&Rabbids for trade. I know it's easy to say that maybe I just misplaced it, but in this case I was 100% sure I had traded it in (because I had just picked it up from the Best Buy across the street *cough*) so I decided to call and see if there was anything they could do, expecting to get a ton of shit and a "too bad, should have brought it up before you left the store".

Guy on the phone figures it was a game they don't take in or something, but looks up my phone number, finds the game in only a minute or two and slaps the credit on a random pre-order he says I can just come in and cancel. I ask how much the credit's for and he cites me the regular pro value and I said I was thrilled to be getting anything, but ask if it was possible to throw in the $5 bump I'd have gotten and he does it no problem. What a bro, wish I could take a survey for him.

tl;dr If you ever catch a trade-in missing on your receipt, give them a call.

tl;dr If you ever catch a trade-in missing on your receipt, give them a call.
Ya got lucky! I have the values stored on my phone and if it doesn’t equal what the register shows, I inquire immediately. Have a second note on your phone with your trade card number and pin for safekeeping.

Ya got lucky! I have the values stored on my phone and if it doesn’t equal what the register shows, I inquire immediately. Have a second note on your phone with your trade card number and pin for safekeeping.
Good advice. Yeah, the transaction was already longer than it should have been because I was buying two games to price-match in the store as well and the guy wanted me to show him the prices on the website on my phone and the data in the area is garbage. So by the time it was all over, I just wanted to get out of there since I was already running late.

Thank god they're finally automatically price matching .com. :bouncy:

I know the stores around me well enough that I wouldn't even try calling. It wouldn't be considered. Regardless, try to +survey the employee sometime if you have the opportunity.
I usually take the time to do the surveys for the store, as they're the closest one to me since the one within walking distance closed and I've never had an issue with them outside of one time where they didn't replace a blank State of Decay 2 code on my receipt after buying an Xbone (even after it was escalated to the DM). I've just been grateful they've never given me a hard time like in all the horror stories posted here. Unsurprisingly, they're a prestige store.

Is that GS store in a slow area? I don't think many in metropolitan areas would have the time to do that. You also said the data coverage in that area was garbage, which implies rural area.

Is that GS store in a slow area? I don't think many in metropolitan areas would have the time to do that. You also said the data coverage in that area was garbage, which implies rural area.
Suburban shopping center on Long Island. Supposedly one of the busiest GSs in the area. Data is shit due to congestion, I assume.

I think they had the time in part because it was a Monday afternoon.

Anyone else get a wacky e-mail titled TBD from power up rewards with a bunch of text stating “Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet“?  That’s placeholder gibberish text that’s not supposed to go out.  Keep being you GameStop.

If you read it aloud, then i hate to be the one to tell you this, but you just opened a gate to hell in your backyard

Mine says "Trab pu kcip" for some reason.
I’ll admit I tried reading the GameStop text backwards, didn’t help, still gibberish. Apparently it’s a common placeholder to test text and page formatting, but sure sounds like a demonic incantation repeated across the page like that. Wonder how many millions of people that went out too. We should all start roaming the streets chanting and scrawling it in red on gamestop walls, “Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet“. Could be the largest documented case of mass incantation on record! Might help explain their wacky increase in market cap this year too.

Can I use the birthday $5 gift card and the $5 PUR monthly coupon in the same transaction?
They're the same denomination, so likely not.

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot that first $5 was for a GC, which should work as a normal payment method combined with the $5 coupon.

I'm going to say yes, since the birthday offer is a legit gc with a pin, not a promo certificate.

I actually got the $5 bd gc by email on one account.  gc sent by email this morning. not in active offers. 9/30 expiration

Edit:  Can confirm.  Covered a $10 steam card today instore with monthly $5 + $5 bd gc in one trransaction.

I can also confirm that the $5 montly and the 20% preowned (bday ebc code) stack on one item online.  Although the amount of the 20% discount is determined after the $5 is deducted.

I can also confirm that the $5 montly and the 20$ preowned (bday ebc code) stack on one item online. Although the amount of the 20% discount is determined after the $5 is deducted.
Wait, what? I got a $5 eGC for my birthday and I thought GS stopped giving out the 20% discount?

Wait, what? I got a $5 eGC for my birthday and I thought GS stopped giving out the 20% discount?
It varies by account. No idea what in particular determines which you receive. My active pro account received a $5 gc this morning.

I have a couple of old accounts created during summer 2017 for.. reasons.. that I haven't used for years. Those accounts are expired elite got 20% preowned coupons emailed this afternoon.

Any thoughts/predictions on when the next B2G1 sale will occur? Finally managed to score a PS5 a month or so ago, and need some games for it (not saying there's a lot of options currently, but R&C and Returnal would be a good start). Think we're on hold until closer to BF, or does someone have any historical data to prove there should be one sooner than that?

Any thoughts/predictions on when the next B2G1 sale will occur? Finally managed to score a PS5 a month or so ago, and need some games for it (not saying there's a lot of options currently, but R&C and Returnal would be a good start). Think we're on hold until closer to BF, or does someone have any historical data to prove there should be one sooner than that?
I doubt we get another B2G1 before the usual one on BF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back