2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
A Switch is worth a ton more if it's a pre-Mariko unit so check your serial # for that before you sell.
Judging from what I read it sounds like that would be a pre-revision unit? I specifically got a newer one when those ones with better battery life came out because I mostly use mine in handheld mode at School/Work/Trips and there was a good trade in bonus at the time

Judging from what I read it sounds like that would be a pre-revision unit? I specifically got a newer one when those ones with better battery life came out because I mostly use mine in handheld mode at School/Work/Trips and there was a good trade in bonus at the time
Yeah. I get why you upgraded if you didn't know. Hopefully that info helps others at least.

Nice score... 

I'm guessing there are 11 re-shrinkwrapped cases behind the walmart glass display with no games inside!  :shock:

Apparently GameStop is offering pro members $30ish credit for those and you can boost that by 30%? So I definitely wasn't interested in matching and covering shipping.

Lmao. Everyone is always like, "Why trade into GS?" until they find out the trade values are competetive and often better than selling on Amazon or eBay, not to mention the convenience.

Lmao. Everyone is always like, "Why trade into GS?" until they find out the trade values are competetive and often better than selling on Amazon or eBay, not to mention the convenience.
Majority of the time they aren't without some kind of promo in effect. Only reason people are considering trading in systems right now is because of that.

I'm considering trading in my current switch and using the credit + the $210ish I have from game trade-ins to get the SWOLED.  Is it looking like it's going to be PS5/XSX-like in terms of supply?  The extra 10% on the consoles right now is making it hard to resist, but I'm wary of being w/o a Switch for a super long time.

I've definitely been enlightened in the past 18 months as to how not-bad GameStop actually is. I used to avoid them almost completely, then I started going sometimes since covid to look for Pokemon cards, and now I'm a pretty regular customer for games, trades and etc.

It's made me think that the surge in GME isn't completely "fake" or whatever

when you have to meet certain requirements like "be a member", trade towards certain games, or trade in a certain amount of games just for store credit I wouldn't really call that often competitive

Tempted to trade in Spiderman Ps4 pro edition. After shipping and eBay fees, probably net about the same amount without any of the hassle.
I sold mine on mercari for $365 plus shipping. I got $315 in my hand once it was all said and done, but the constant low balling on there got annoying quick. It took me about 3 weeks to sell it and I got messages ranging from "you are selling this way too low" to "why are you selling this for so much?" I also got lucky that the guy I sold it to actually wanted it and responded to messages, as many times when i sell on mercari it is like pulling teeth the get rated (required to get your money) or even get an acknowledgement that the item was actually delivered. It turned out well for me so Id rather have got the cash over credit, but I dont know that the risk is worth $40.

then meet at police stations.
You'll still have to deal with time wasters, flakes, and idiots. Richard basically explained how annoying the process is. You have to deal with weeks of these people. Not to mention the morons who "accidentally" bring a lower amount of money and say that if you don't take it they're leaving. I'd rather GS make money than give these entitled douchebags the time of day. Some assholes will even cuss you out if you don't sell it for some lowball price that they're demanding. It's scary that there's so many low IQ people like this out there, but they seem to really love buying junk and electronics on social media, Craigslist, and apps. Eventually you will probably run into a good buyer but do you value your time and sanity? You're not really making money if you have to spend weeks of work on selling an item versus dumping it quickly at GS.

when you have to meet certain requirements like "be a member", trade towards certain games, or trade in a certain amount of games just for store credit I wouldn't really call that often competitive
The "be a member" part is the easiest since you get $65 back throughout the year for your $15. There is supposedly a new perk going forward that new members will get 10k points ($10), but I don't know if that's in lieu of the $5 receipt coupon or requires auto-renew or what. You can use the coupons on almost anything, including digital currency. Just get free eShop, PSN, or Xbox credit every month.

You have to trade towards certain games, but you can always move that credit towards something else later. Think of it as giving GS an interest-free loan for the free digital currency they're giving you at a loss.

There is supposedly a new perk going forward that new members will get 10k points ($10), but I don't know if that's in lieu of the $5 receipt coupon or requires auto-renew or what.
Auto-renew is being turned on regardless (unless you pay with CASH, points or a gift card, I suppose). The 10k points is only replacing the bonus $5 welcome coupon, not the $5 monthly PUR coupons.

I sold mine on mercari for $365 plus shipping. I got $315 in my hand once it was all said and done, but the constant low balling on there got annoying quick. It took me about 3 weeks to sell it and I got messages ranging from "you are selling this way too low" to "why are you selling this for so much?" I also got lucky that the guy I sold it to actually wanted it and responded to messages, as many times when i sell on mercari it is like pulling teeth the get rated (required to get your money) or even get an acknowledgement that the item was actually delivered. It turned out well for me so Id rather have got the cash over credit, but I dont know that the risk is worth $40.
you are automatically rated and paid 3 days after something is delivered. That's one of the few things that makes it a better one than eBay Amazon etcetera which you rarely get rated on.

I also like that if your item is damaged during shipping you still get paid. I have had that happen with FedEx and ups once each annoyingly. Only thing I like about eBay is the qr codes for shipping so you don't need to print out a label.

The "be a member" part is the easiest since you get $65 back throughout the year for your $15. There is supposedly a new perk going forward that new members will get 10k points ($10), but I don't know if that's in lieu of the $5 receipt coupon or requires auto-renew or what. You can use the coupons on almost anything, including digital currency. Just get free eShop, PSN, or Xbox credit every month.

You have to trade towards certain games, but you can always move that credit towards something else later. Think of it as giving GS an interest-free loan for the free digital currency they're giving you at a loss.
Trading at GameStop isn’t idiot proof. Go through this thread for all the proof you need. I think there are some people that haven’t signed up for Pro even. This morning the banner showed Sign up for Pro for 7.5k points.

No, auto-renew is being turned on if you pay with credit/debit card. Not with cash. At least that's what I gleaned from the GS Reddit. They could be wrong, though.
As a shareholder, I kind of applaud the scummy approach. I do agree it’s scummy, but GS isn’t exactly the beacon of morality, nor should it be. Whenever I’m in line, the sales associate 90% of the time will point out to customers your membership expired, do you want to renew? Then launch into the spiel about the benefits, how much they save only to get a no thanks and waste everyone’s time. The less time they have to upsell, the better.

I don't ship anything I am selling. Way too many scammers out there and the buyer has all the protection. Even on offerup, I get a lot of people that will only buy from me if I will accept Venmo or paypal. It's way too easy for them to just get the money back and keep what I sold them. I am currently wanting to sell my PS4 Pro Star Wars edition. Here is what Gamestop is offering.

• Pro Value
  • Store Credit
    $275.00
  • Cash
    $220.00

• Regular Value
  • Store Credit
    $250.00
  • Cash
    $200.00

I am including 9 games and am asking $400. I have had plenty of low ball offers for $250-275 cash just for the console. That's better than what GS is offering but I am not going to sell it for so low. Gamestop is currently selling it for $389.99 pre owned but have none in stock. So I am selling the console with 9 games for cheaper than what the person would pay at GS after taxes for just the console. GS is making $115 off of someone that is a pro member and chooses the $275 store credit. Only giving $220 cash. If I brought my console into them, I would be getting ripped off big time. They would profit $170. How is that a good deal for me?

How is that a good deal for me?
Guess it's not. Move on.

No secret that GameStop doesn't increase trade in value for special/limited edition consoles. With those, you need to reach niche customers and that is where eBay is king. If you don't feel comfortable on eBay, not sure what to tell you.

Guess it's not. Move on.

No secret that GameStop doesn't increase trade in value for special/limited edition consoles. With those, you need to reach niche customers and that is where eBay is king. If you don't feel comfortable on eBay, not sure what to tell you.
Yup. Always see ebay listings go for $400+ just for the limited edition console.

Guess it's not. Move on.

Yup. Always see ebay listings go for $400+ just for the limited edition console.
I have never used ebay for reasons I have already mentioned and such a large sale wouldn't be good for my first time. I have it listed on Facebook marketplace too but the lowballers are everywhere. I have the best deal for this limited edition PS4 Pro by a lot locally. There aren't too many even for sale. I will have to check out an ebay thread and do more research. Maybe I can find a friend that has an established account and list and sell through them. It's so much easier to just do a local sale cash though. Only way to get scammed is if it's counterfeit and that's never been a problem for me.

you are automatically rated and paid 3 days after something is delivered. That's one of the few things that makes it a better one than eBay Amazon etcetera which you rarely get rated on.

I also like that if your item is damaged during shipping you still get paid. I have had that happen with FedEx and ups once each annoyingly. Only thing I like about eBay is the qr codes for shipping so you don't need to print out a label.
They have QR code’s on Mercari for ups and fedex as well. It’s just in small print when u go to ship

Either way I would always rather trade my console than sell it when the difference in money isn’t so much. Rather have $275 GameStop credit than $315 cash…anyone buying a pro or one x will have buyers remorse by the time it’s delivered….at GameStop you will get your $275 in 10 mins and be done no worries. No one really wants to spend $300+ on last gen.

I haven’t dealt with GameStop since COVID began. I did sell my Taco Bell one x online buyer bought on a Monday it was delivered Wednesday by Friday he requested return that it was too much money n he had an emergency….mercari didn’t buy that excuse and immediately gave me my money.

I have never used ebay for reasons I have already mentioned and such a large sale wouldn't be good for my first time. I have it listed on Facebook marketplace too but the lowballers are everywhere. I have the best deal for this limited edition PS4 Pro by a lot locally. There aren't too many even for sale. I will have to check out an ebay thread and do more research. Maybe I can find a friend that has an established account and list and sell through them. It's so much easier to just do a local sale cash though. Only way to get scammed is if it's counterfeit and that's never been a problem for me.
What about trying to sell it via a facebook video game grp? There are plenty on ones I can recommend

I've only ever had problems with sellers on Mercari. I've never had a problem with a buyer. The number of things I've received that either don't work or have serious undisclosed defects is quite high compared to eBay, Amazon 3rd party, and even FB Marketplace. One guy put a disc over the top of something to cover up the fact that soda had spilled on it and it had a nasty sticky coating and it didn't work. After he received my return he had the audacity to claim that it wasn't the one he sent me because I had cleaned off some of the gunk.

My theory is the 3 day window, which is really in the seller's favor vs the 30 day policy of pretty much everywhere else (but Poshmark, which has the same 3 day window).

They have QR code’s on Mercari for ups and fedex as well. It’s just in small print when u go to ship
Yes but their lowest shipping option is significantly more for ups. Fedex doesn't have qr codes however unless that's something new and or in a different shipping option than the usual ones as I have never seen it.

Are there new trade limits? I went in to trade today and was told I was trade banned. I traded in 4 copies of a few games over the past month but nothing more.

Are there new trade limits? I went in to trade today and was told I was trade banned. I traded in 4 copies of a few games over the past month but nothing more.
We’re you trade banned or account banned as well because if you take advantage of promos to trade them back in you get flagged as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back