2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I traded a DualShock 4 this morning for $40, and my set of old used Joycons for $64. The SL tested the DualShock, but took my word for it when he asked about Joycon drift. As is common sense, never buy used Joycons from GS lol

A quick google search came up with nothing, so I'm asking here.  Does GS take 3rd party joycons for trade-in?  We bought a set back at the beginning of the pandemic when offical joycons were sold out everywhere.  At this point, we have 2 extra sets (purple/orange & Zelda), so we don't *need* them any more.

So the app shows no trade in value for the switch version of KH Melody of Memories. I suspect it actually has no value???
No, it's because Gamestop hasn't added a preowned listing to that product page yet, similar to Returnal. You'll have to call a store to ask for the TIV in those cases.

A new trade in promo was sent via email yesterday with a tiered trade in.

Sell 3 games get 30%

Sell 4 games get 40%

Sell 5 games get 50%

+an extra 10% if you are Power Up Rewards memeber.
Is this location-specific? I didn't get an email about it and didn't see anything in the ad about it

EDIT: NVM

Have you read any of the past 15 pages?

Not to be snippy but people have said they have gotten it on 360 and wii games.
I asked two different people and didnt get a response. Don't be an ass.

Would be nice if someone could confirm that $2 360 games work after Dave (who I thought was trade banned) stated otherwise.

Can someone paste the terms from the email?

Didn’t see if there was a min trade in value ($2?) and if WiiU counted
*Products must be in good condition and have all necessary components to receive the highest trade value. Product condition and trade value are determined by us in our sole discretion. By trading your product, you release GameStop from any claim relating to the product (including, but not limited to, loss of a product or any of its contents or data). You also release GameStop from any claim for loss or unauthorized access, use or disclosure of any personal or private data or information stored on the device. All trades are final. No dealers. Trade in program available only on select products and in select GameStop stores in the United States and Guam. Void where prohibited. We reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend trades for any reason without notice. Trade values for in-store credit are 20% more then trade prices for cash consideration unless otherwise indicated.

Can someone paste the terms from the email?

Didn’t see if there was a min trade in value ($2?) and if WiiU counted
Screenshot-20210927-101137-Gmail.jpg

Screenshot-20210927-101141-Gmail.jpg

Screenshot-20210927-101155-Gmail.jpg

Anyone found a solution to coupons not working online? I wasn't able to use them for months, then sometime last month I could use them for maybe a week? And now once again I can't use them again despite having redeemed them I just can't add them to my cart. Is there any logic to this?

Everything with a trade-in value (360, PS3, Wii/U, DS, 3DS, etc) should get the 50% + 10% pro if you trade in sets of 5. If you trade in :

7, 12, 17, 22, 27, etc games = 2 will only get+10% pro

8, 13, 18, 23, 28, etc games = 3 will only get 30%+10% pro

9, 14, 19, 24, 29, etc games = 4 will only get 40%+10 pro

Everything with a trade-in value (360, PS3, Wii/U, DS, 3DS, etc) should get the 50% + 10% pro if you trade in sets of 5. If you trade in :

8, 13, 18, 23, 28, etc games = 3 will only get 30%+10% pro
9, 14, 19, 24, 29, etc games = 4 will only get 40%+10 pro
Thanks for the summary I can confirm this. To maximize stick to groups of 5 trades.

We don't deserve you. Thank you

Is $50 console trade in bonus still working today? Wondering if it works on $165 xbox one s 1tb and $110 switch lite
I think it expires 10/9 but don't quote me on that.

Whats NBA 2K22 PS5 trade in value at GS going for? Its not on their website
I believe $30

I've never traded in a console before, I managed to pick up someone's PS4 and two controllers at a garage sale for cheap. What needs to be properly included? Thinking if I should trade it in versus selling on ebay...

I think it expires 10/9 but don't quote me on that.

I believe $30

I've never traded in a console before, I managed to pick up someone's PS4 and two controllers at a garage sale for cheap. What needs to be properly included? Thinking if I should trade it in versus selling on ebay...
Look at the preowned page to see what it includes.

Lmao, this is so Gamestop. Couldn't make the 50% apply to 5 or more.

anyone holding their games to the end of the week to see if the month end stealth bump reappears? i traded my joycons and a couple old controllers yesterday, but was considering returning to the store to price match a new set of joycons and trade my primary ones.

anyone holding their games to the end of the week to see if the month end stealth bump reappears? i traded my joycons and a couple old controllers yesterday, but was considering returning to the store to price match a new set of joycons and trade my primary ones.
There's always the chance but I doubt it with the 50% bonus going on.

There's always the chance but I doubt it with the 50% bonus going on.
No disrespect, seems silly to wait for the chance to maybe make a few extra dollars, this type of deal doesn't come along often. My reliable source, that tipped me off when I posted it, tells me to get in while I can, Im guessing the algorithms could lower trade values once games come flooding in. I mean i just traded 5 ps3/x360 controllers, minus a couple of refurb fees, I got $87 tc.

No disrespect, seems silly to wait for the chance to maybe make a few extra dollars, this type of deal doesn't come along often. My reliable source, that tipped me off when I posted it, tells me to get in while I can, Im guessing the algorithms could lower trade values once games come flooding in. I mean i just traded 5 ps3/x360 controllers, minus a couple of refurb fees, I got $87 tc.
yeah, i wouldn't be surprised if they nuke the joycon trade value as $64 is crazy

Traded in five games including PS5 versions of resident evil village and watch dogs legion for $27.20 each. Traded in 2 dual shock controllers for $40 each and a set of launch joy cons for $64

I traded a DualShock 4 this morning for $40, and my set of old used Joycons for $64. The SL tested the DualShock, but took my word for it when he asked about Joycon drift. As is common sense, never buy used Joycons from GS lol
I mean, I traded a set of Joycons in that didn't have drift. But it's been used for about 2 years, so it's probably a matter of time. And I traded in my oldest dualshock 4, which is fairly new (<2 years, used for less than a year before I switched to PS5). While they're in good condition, I basically got to use the DS4 for 2 years for free.

I wouldn’t. In theory the more copies they get in early in the week,the lower the tiv will be.

——

Is it a pain in the ass to ask for a price match? Can I do it online?

One more question: how many points do you get fo trading in?

Your exactly right about the price tanking on items after they receive numerous ones. Couldn’t tell you when or how much it is, but this is definitely a factor. I was told by a former employee that games trading in for higher than expected values is related to the low amount of stock they have for it.

Any chance at all that trade in values drop tonight? Planning to trade in some games and joycons tomorrow but if waiting a day is risky I'll just make the trip after work. Don't want to miss out on $64 for a pair of joycons. 

Is it a pain in the ass to ask for a price match? Can I do it online?
I haven't had any issues asking for PMs in-store. As long as you can show proof of the price being live when you request the PM (i.e., not a photo of a webpage), the employee should be able to process it.

I got a 70% TIC boost on Demon's Souls and Scarlet Nexus. The base TIV for each game was $23 and $20, respectively.

Demon's Souls -39.10

Bonus: 11.50 Promo #27423

Bonus: 4.6 PowerUp Card 20%

Scarlet Nexus -34.00

Bonus: 10.00 Promo #27423

Bonus: 4.00 PowerUp Card 20%

So is the 20% PUR bonus something that all PS5 games have been getting, instead of the normal 10% PUR Bonus?

I got $39.10 TIC for Demons Souls and $34.00 TIC for Scarlet Nexus. Should have been $36.80 ($24 base TIV on website) and $32 ($20 base TIV on website) respectively.

It looks like I'm possibly getting the 20% PUR Elite bonus on the game, as the receipt says:

Bonus: $4.60 Power up Card 20% (for Demons Souls)

Bonus: $4.00 Power up Card 20% (for Scarlet Nexus)
Did you trade in 5 games or just those 2?

Got a response from support regarding my trade ban, looks like I'm gonna need a passport

"Thanks for reaching out to us. At this time we don't have a date on when the trade ban will be lifted. I do see there were tickets put in to gain access to your PUR card, which I do believe, in a sense is part of it. I'm sorry I don't have answers for you at this time."

[quote name="TimPV3" post="14424200" timestamp="1632781730"]

Got a response from support regarding my trade ban, looks like I'm gonna need a passport

[Thanks for reaching out to us. At this time we don't have a date on when the trade ban will be lifted. I do see there were tickets put in to gain access to your PUR card, which I do believe, in a sense is part of it. I'm sorry I don't have answers for you at this time.
[/quote][/quote]

Im trade banned as well lol. Twitter told me it was permanent (which surprised me). Do they accept passports instead of an id when trading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back