2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm actually thinking about trading in my cp2077 LE X1X that never gets used. Don't see it on the website though. Would they just ring it up as the base model?

I'm actually thinking about trading in my cp2077 LE X1X that never gets used. Don't see it on the website though. Would they just ring it up as the base model?
I believe so yes. I’m in the same boat. Haven’t used mine since last November. But it’s so pretty… lol

I believe so yes. I’m in the same boat. Haven’t used mine since last November. But it’s so pretty… lol
Yeah if thats the case i will trade it with a standard controller. Since i never use the 1X, it's probably better turned into $325 toward a oled nsw or my steam deck reservation.

Has anyone tried trading in Wii/WiiU/PS3/360 games with the 5+ promo? I'm wondering if anything beyond current/next gen and 3DS count.
Traded a couple PS3 and Xbox 360 games the other day, and got the bonus.

Like Davem mentioned, make sure you trade in stuff in pairs of 5 (i.e. 5, 10, 15, etc.) as otherwise you won't maximize how much TIC you get back.

Davem said:
Everything with a trade-in value (360, PS3, Wii/U, DS, 3DS, etc) should get the 50% + 10% pro if you trade in sets of 5. If you trade davem :

7, 12, 17, 22, 27, etc games = 2 will only get+10% pro
8, 13, 18, 23, 28, etc games = 3 will only get 30%+10% pro
9, 14, 19, 24, 29, etc games = 4 will only get 40%+10 pro

That’s exactly what I did. Traded it off with a normal controller. Had planned on keeping the CP controller. Being able to trade it in for almost $50 off it goes too. Never even used it. Hoping to get OLED or pay off the Steam deck.

I could not pass up trading in my PS4 Slim 1tb for $242.50. My dualshock 4 controller just started acting up (the one that came with the console), so I took it as a sign that my PS4 might start acting up soon. I also traded in a PowerA Switch controller for $24 and a shock blue XSX controller for $48 (I payed $39 during BF). The manager could not believe the values that were being offered and had to take a picture.

Some TIV values with pro

PS4 regular 500Gb $215.00

NBA 2K22 PS5  $40.00 (if you trade 5 accepted games)

Not all my PS3 games were accepted. He tried to search by title but couldnt find a match in their system. Its not in the app either.

Gah peer pressure. Does your receipt have a special sku for the LE console or was it rung as the basic X1X?
Haha don’t let me pressure you. I only did it cause I’m a sucker for a good trade promo and have been trying to declutter my apartment.
The receipt shows “Xbox One X Cyberpunk LE”

Some TIV values with pro

PS4 regular $215.00

NBA 2K22 PS5 $40.00

Not all my PS3 games were accepted. He tried to search by title but couldnt find a match in their system. Its not in the app either.
I can't believe they are paying that much for an OG PS4. I guess they are trying to build up stock so they have something to sell during Black Friday 2021.

Thanks all I would have never known this promo existed without this thread and it came in super handy. I was about to start listing on eBay and this saved me the time and hassle.

I have an older Xbox 360 wireless controller that I can trade in for like $20. Works ok but not great.

I see lots of 3rd party wireless ones on Amazon now. Anyone have experience with those?

Which Twitter did you guys contact to get information regarding trade bans? I am unable to DM the GameStop account, so I assume it's the GameStopHelp account?

$270 for the Series S I've never touched sounds too good to pass up.

Also looking to dump the OG XB1, would I have any problems trading it in with a white controller? Seen people say they've traded in the Cyberpunk one with a different controller so I assume not.

$270 for the Series S I've never touched sounds too good to pass up.

Also looking to dump the OG XB1, would I have any problems trading it in with a white controller? Seen people say they've traded in the Cyberpunk one with a different controller so I assume not.
they shouldn't care what color the controller is

Ooh I'm really glad I didnt trade my Switch before this boost. Not sure how long it'll last but I guess I'll go trade mine in by Friday/Saturday. I still have my Switch Lite to tide me over till my OLED comes, just too lazy to do all the save transferring/game downloading again

360 controllers need the AA back won't take one with battery back if anybody was wondering. They tested Switch wired controller(took it as wireless) and Series X controller but didn't test Joy Cons.

Traded in a few more controllers today, they did a test in my regular store that they usually never do, two of them had drift so they charge me a refurb fee. I didn't want to argue it or say no (now that I think about, I probably should've said no). I went to my other gamestop, and they took all my games/controllers again without checking. Needless to say I will be trading at this location from now on! 

I traded in exactly 5 games and the 50% triggered. So weird that when I traded in 16 it gave me 40% total. I'll take what I can get, although it sucks knowing I missed a few bucks but what can I do. 

On a final note, I returned my copy of NBA 2k22 on PS5 and said they charged me the wrong price and hit me with a disc warranty. He reluctantly took the return - however told me they can't reverse the warranty fee. So that's a bummer

How are you guys trading in old joycon for new one? Even with the 50% controiller trade in, Red and blue joycone only worth $66 as a pair
Price match to the sale price on Amazon.

I also recommend cleaning your joy cons before trading. Check out a YouTube video. Helps with the drift.

Anyone know what happens if there's a payment issue when it tries to take the money for your pre-order? Will you have the chance to resolve the issue, or will they just cancel your stuff?

Did a red pulse series x controller 48, electric volt series x controller 48, newer mario switch red joycons 32 left 32 right (w/ attachments),  green/gold halo master chief original xbox one controller 40 for a total of 200

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back