2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgive me, but I'm a little late to the party.

If I trade in two joycons this weekend, I should get $66? Is this correct?

I called two local stores and they both just gave me the $22 each that they show up for in the system.

What trade in promo is this, and how do I make sure to get top price when I trade?

Thanks for any help.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
Traded in 2 joy cons today and got 32 each. Mine were the Mario Red ones.

Also traded in Gears Xbox One X for 325.

Forgive me, but I'm a little late to the party.

If I trade in two joycons this weekend, I should get $66? Is this correct?

I called two local stores and they both just gave me the $22 each that they show up for in the system.

What trade in promo is this, and how do I make sure to get top price when I trade?

Thanks for any help.

You will get $64. There is a 50% bonus for all accessories going on right now. It was sent in an email. It will work automatically when trading. They likely just looked up the value and didn't actually do it through the register which is where the bonus will be applied.

The 50% bonus applies prior to the pro 10% so 50% of $20 is $10. Then the 10% pro is applied to only the base value which is $2. So $32 per joy con, $64 for a full set.

Lame. LA Noire for PS3 has a TIV on the site but not the 360 version. Any chance trying in store would yield different results?

You will get $64. There is a 50% bonus for all accessories going on right now. It was sent in an email. It will work automatically when trading. They likely just looked up the value and didn't actually do it through the register which is where the bonus will be applied.

The 50% bonus applies prior to the pro 10% so 50% of $20 is $10. Then the 10% pro is applied to only the base value which is $2. So $32 per joy con, $64 for a full set.
Thank you for the info!

This promo is running through the 9th correct?

I just traded in NES Remix (Wii U) and did not get the bonus. It was the 6th of 6 rang up as well as the cheapest of the bunch.
Yeah, same happened to me. I saw a comment that the multiples of 5 was supposedly fixed for the trade boost, but seems to not be the case. I traded in 7 games, 5 highest valued games got 50% boost plus 10% for Pro. Other 2 only got 10% boost. Only lost out on $10, so not a big deal.

I'm sure it's been mentioned but when trading in a PS4 will they hit you with refurb fees if the dualshock 4 has the rubber on the stick torn or missing?

Thank you for pointing that out to me.

Wanted to mention I did go today and traded 6 games but still got 50% additional plus 10% pro on all of them despite not being in multiples of 5.

Also I traded in some dualshock 4’s that had stick drift issues, and although they did charge me the refurb fee of 7$ per I still got 33 for each which I think is great considering to me they were not usable anymore. Also got 24 for each of my ps3 move controllers (older ones with ps3 usb connection).

In addition I used my intro 5$ pur pro coupon for a 10$ psn card a couple days ago, but it seems the cashier never used it and it was still in my account today, so I asked to use it for another 10$ psn card today. Now I’m checking my account and that 5$ coupon is still there unused.
You can use it on the website and in store. So you can has the coupon twice actually it's a known error

Xbox One (and I assume PS4) refurb fee is $60, so if you have a wonky controller it's better to buy a pre-owned from them than take the refurb hit.  Trade the wonky controller in separately for only and $8 refurb fee.

Any idea when the control trade in bonus end?  Debating should i bring in my launch series x controller for 48.5 and pay $1.50 for a fresh controller lol

Went to two different Gamestops to return the games I received bundled with the PS5. I was denied both times.
Really hate this forced bundle shit, completely misses the point of having a MSRP. Doesn't actually discourage scalpers. Bundles are only good for offering discounts on the total value.
GameStop is being even sneakier now by making the extra bundle stuff almost entirely digital (so no chance for refunds).

Did you try for refund or ask if you can exchange game
I asked if I could exchange them for a different game. I wanted to preorder and payoff Metroid and get Returnal. I received an emphatic no before I could even mention what I wanted. They did offer to give me trade credit at an $80 loss.

Think I'll unload the 1x and keep the fat XB1 for kid. There is game bonus now too?
50% bonus with sets of 5 (was maybe fixed to be all above 5). 60% if pro.

Is $325 the highest credit GS has ever offered for the PS4 Pro and XB1X?

I asked if I could exchange them for a different game. I wanted to preorder and payoff Metroid and get Returnal. I received an emphatic no before I could even mention what I wanted. They did offer to give me trade credit at an $80 loss.
This is the policy all employees are supposed to know and be trained on. No parts of the bundle are returnable or exchangable. You can trade them in, but yes it's a loss.

I got a question.  I got soem 360 games that i think about trading in.   When i do a search, it only show the ps3 version.... would the 360 verion be same value or not trade inable

I guess you can try tradsing it here, gametz, gameswap or gamesale. The only hard be would the nba 2k22

The last 2 years I've been wishing I could get at least $200 for my 1 TB xb1 S...but I didn't honestly think it would ever get past $175.   I would have settled for $175 (since late 2018 think the highest it got was up to $160).  

To get $215 from GS was beyond my expectations. 

Any idea when the control trade in bonus end? Debating should i bring in my launch series x controller for 48.5 and pay $1.50 for a fresh controller lol
Earlier posts said at least a week; but that might only have been the 5 game trade boost. Like all promos, it could also be ended early with no warning. I went today and exchanged my pair for a new set.

Xbox One (and I assume PS4) refurb fee is $60, so if you have a wonky controller it's better to buy a pre-owned from them than take the refurb hit. Trade the wonky controller in separately for only and $8 refurb fee.
Thanks for the heads up, I have a launch Xbone that immediately turns off and I'm thinking about taking the $100.

Thanks for the heads up, I have a launch Xbone that immediately turns off and I'm thinking about taking the $100.
Does it turn all the way off or just load to a black screen with the power still on? A recent update has caused lots of issues with original xbones that requires a software reset to fix.

Will my Xbox One controller with a broken joystick be accepted for a trade-in? It fell off my desk and the joystick broke off such that the only way to fix it is to solder on a new joystick module (I opened it to take a look). Otherwise, the controller still works right, just the left joystick doesn't work.

Will my Xbox One controller with a broken joystick be accepted for a trade-in? It fell off my desk and the joystick broke off such that the only way to fix it is to solder on a new joystick module (I opened it to take a look). Otherwise, the controller still works right, just the left joystick doesn't work.
They might take it, but give you a lower trade in value cause repair damage.

You can use it on the website and in store. So you can has the coupon twice actually it's a known error
I have read that but that’s not what happened. I in fact can’t use it online as it says in store only on it and when I tried using it online it says it’s not valid. What happened was I used it in store, then two days later it was still in my account so I used it in store for a second time. As of right now it’s still in my account where I could presumably use it in store today as well. I think they aren’t able to get it to take the 5$ off in store for some reason so the cashiers have been manually overriding it and just taking $5 off without ever touching the coupon.

I have read that but that’s not what happened. I in fact can’t use it online as it says in store only on it and when I tried using it online it says it’s not valid. What happened was I used it in store, then two days later it was still in my account so I used it in store for a second time. As of right now it’s still in my account where I could presumably use it in store today as well. I think they aren’t able to get it to take the 5$ off in store for some reason so the cashiers have been manually overriding it and just taking $5 off without ever touching the coupon.
Did you sign up or renew Pro online? The welcome coupon there doesn't work. On your receipts where you used the $5 coupon, does it say "Promotion not found"? That's a manual override.

Did you sign up or renew Pro online? The welcome coupon there doesn't work. On your receipts where you used the $5 coupon, does it say "Promotion not found"? That's a manual override.
I did sign up online to take advantage of the 7500 bonus points so that’s probably why. Tossed the receipt unfortunately so not sure what it said now. Also was told by cashier that October will have a 10000 point promo for signing up for pro. Said I could use it and extend my pro to take advantage of the 10000 points if I wanted. May be useful for anyone waiting to sign up for that specific promotion, it’s allegedly coming.

10k points isn't a promo that starts in October FYI, it replaces the $5 welcome coupon and birthday coupons entirely.   That's the new standard for enrollment starting October.

Anyone know how long it can take for points to hit our Powerup rewards account after a trade in? I traded in $640 in games on Monday and can confirm my account was associated with the trade, but never received any points. I’m curious if this is an issue others are experiencing as well.

Anyone know how long it can take for points to hit our Powerup rewards account after a trade in? I traded in $640 in games on Monday and can confirm my account was associated with the trade, but never received any points. I’m curious if this is an issue others are experiencing as well.

Maybe a day for me -- I traded in a console on Tues ($325) and the reward pts were there yesterday (6500pts)

POINTS ACTIVITY DATE
+6500 Sales Transaction 09/28/2021

I don't trade much so no issues with my account

The last 2 years I've been wishing I could get at least $200 for my 1 TB xb1 S...but I didn't honestly think it would ever get past $175. I would have settled for $175 (since late 2018 think the highest it got was up to $160).

To get $215 from GS was beyond my expectations.
Did you try selling it outside Gamestop during that time? Xbox One consoles were selling like crazy last Christmas. I saw deal groups posting links to One S and One X instead of Series S and Series X, and people were thinking they had ordered the new ones. Microsoft really confused a lot of parents with their stupid naming scheme.

It doesn’t look like I’ve gotten points for any of my trades. First one was 9/25 still nothing showing in my rewards account.

It doesn’t look like I’ve gotten points for any of my trades. First one was 9/25 still nothing showing in my rewards account.
It depends on which state you live in. A few people on here have mentioned they stopped receiving points for all trades while others including myself still receive points. Here in Texas I did a trade in on Tuesday and received my points on Wednesday morning.

It depends on which state you live in. A few people on here have mentioned they stopped receiving points for all trades while others including myself still receive points. Here in Texas I did a trade in on Tuesday and received my points on Wednesday morning.
I’m in Texas too(Austin area) but still haven’t seen any points. Was hoping they’d show up because really hate calling their customer service number.

Do you know if all existing Pro members going to lose our $5/mo, or only new sign ups?
As someone else said, it's the welcome coupon. Not the monthly coupon that is changing. You still get one every month, just not the month you enroll now, you get 10k points in a few days instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back